/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Raya
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:38 am
Gender: Female (TAKEN) Therian
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Raya » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:11 am

karla-chan wrote:
Raya wrote:
karla-chan wrote:Pretty much, if you want it badly enough you will save that extra. If you don't want it bad enough for the extra cost that is your own personal choice, and doesn't mean that others aren't willing.

Like love the idea of options. I feel this would be an EXTRA option. Like I think having cheaper options are also great.

Like getting good finds in the adoptions with the flops and frakenpours (which I love frakenpours, especially the ones that really look like frakenpours), for those people who do want to have the option to get something that little bit cheaper. It is just more options, that I see as being great for the customer. However there is nothing wrong with having more expensive options for those who are willing to save extra for a premium service.


Yep yep!
Im also someone who is barely making but if there is a toy I REALLY want in a serten way I save.
Last I saved for almost 2 months so I could a med Xar in Tricolor Alexandrite but when June came they changed the Alexandrite color. I REALLY wanted the Tricolor so I asked them how much would it be and they told me it was $40 and since I really wanted it ALL I had to do was save a little more and I got the toy that I love.

Having the option is what people love about BD. If someone feels "left out" because "they cant afford it", all that just means is they dont really want it that bad because if they did they would save up for it. Most people get paid every 2 weeks, whats hard about waiting 2 or 4 more weeks for something you dream of? Its not hard at all what so ever.
If some people dont want to save for it then thats them, as for people like me, just like with my Xar, I'll GLADLY pay $40 more if that means I get my dream toy.


It might take some people longer than an extra 2, or 4 more weeks depending on how much disposable income they have. Some people might only have a tiny amount from each paycheck, and it might not be an even thing. So it is not good to make assumptions about income. However if it is a ticket request, it is not like the limited colours and you can ticket when you do have the money. So it might take you longer to save, but to some people it will be worth it.

It is also a choice thing, like we do all have a price and what we are willing to pay for any given object, and how much that is fair enough for any person. It just doesn't meant the options shouldn't be available on the market. However it is fully, and completely understandable if some people feel the extra for the colours aren't worth it, because they don't actually add any function to the toy. They just look really good.

It is nice to have the option there though.


Lol I didnt say everyone gets paid every 2 weeks and can have it in 4 weeks, I was just using it as an example.

But yea, options are extremely important. While one person might not think paying X amount for a color or colors is worth it, someone else might feel they cant live without it.
While I myself will never pay to get a custom Varka made I still love the fact that I still have that option to in case I ever changed my mind and did want it.
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:26 am

Raya wrote:Lol I didnt say everyone gets paid every 2 weeks and can have it in 4 weeks, I was just using it as an example.

But yea, options are extremely important. While one person might not think paying X amount for a color or colors is worth it, someone else might feel they cant live without it.
While I myself will never pay to get a custom Varka made I still love the fact that I still have that option to in case I ever changed my mind and did want it.


I felt because of this comment:

Raya wrote:If someone feels "left out" because "they cant afford it", all that just means is they dont really want it that bad because if they did they would save up for it. Most people get paid every 2 weeks, whats hard about waiting 2 or 4 more weeks for something you dream of? Its not hard at all what so ever.


That assumptions were made, and that someone could have the extra money in a paycheck whether it would be 2, or 4 weeks. I am not sure if it was your intention or not, but honestly that was how it came across to me. I just thought it could be worth mentioning that for some people it could be much longer than this. Since people do have months were nothing is spare at all, or people only have a small amount.

However I agree that more option are a good thing. I really think that having some toys a little cheaper than "standard for Bad Dragon" like the adopts, flops, and Frakenpours are as important, as having a premium services. Since it will help people get what they really want across the board. Even if someone has to save hard to get it.
User avatar
thesharkwhisperer
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:34 pm

karla-chan wrote:I felt because of this comment:

Raya wrote:If someone feels "left out" because "they cant afford it", all that just means is they dont really want it that bad because if they did they would save up for it. Most people get paid every 2 weeks, whats hard about waiting 2 or 4 more weeks for something you dream of? Its not hard at all what so ever.


That assumptions were made, and that someone could have the extra money in a paycheck whether it would be 2, or 4 weeks. I am not sure if it was your intention or not, but honestly that was how it came across to me. I just thought it could be worth mentioning that for some people it could be much longer than this. Since people do have months were nothing is spare at all, or people only have a small amount.

I remember that the same argument of "if you really wanted it you would have gotten it sooner" was made when Mary got her upgrade. I bought my first toy in months today and that was only because I got 80€ refunded because I paid too much for the heater this winter, which was pretty much the price of the toy I wanted. If I had to rely on my pay, I would never buy a single toy anymore :laugh: And some people have even less than I do. Trust me when I say I can't afford it, I mean I can't afford it, because I can assure you I really WANT that Playstation VR headset, and there are so many more things I really want lol.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:09 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I felt because of this comment:

Raya wrote:If someone feels "left out" because "they cant afford it", all that just means is they dont really want it that bad because if they did they would save up for it. Most people get paid every 2 weeks, whats hard about waiting 2 or 4 more weeks for something you dream of? Its not hard at all what so ever.


That assumptions were made, and that someone could have the extra money in a paycheck whether it would be 2, or 4 weeks. I am not sure if it was your intention or not, but honestly that was how it came across to me. I just thought it could be worth mentioning that for some people it could be much longer than this. Since people do have months were nothing is spare at all, or people only have a small amount.

I remember that the same argument of "if you really wanted it you would have gotten it sooner" was made when Mary got her upgrade. I bought my first toy in months today and that was only because I got 80€ refunded because I paid too much for the heater this winter, which was pretty much the price of the toy I wanted. If I had to rely on my pay, I would never buy a single toy anymore :laugh: And some people have even less than I do. Trust me when I say I can't afford it, I mean I can't afford it, because I can assure you I really WANT that Playstation VR headset, and there are so many more things I really want lol.


I can understand why it might be hard, and I can understand why coming into unexpected money would be the tempting thing for you. I got my very first BD toy because I got unexpected money and I really wanted to treat myself. Although on getting a toy, some of my other toys after that became a much higher want, and I choose them over other luxuries. If people prefer to choose something different, that is their choice to make. It is each person deciding what would make them the most happy, or what they would get the most use out of.

I don't fully agree with the "if you really wanted it you would have gotten it sooner" because depending on your situation, that you can be saving really hard for a toy. The be in the situation that, "life" happens and then the saving money is gone. I totally get it is harder for some people than others.

However I DO think if you want something badly enough you will save for it. Even if it takes them a really long time. Although Wanting other things more, is a different problem and a different choice to make. When you are on limited income we do have to pick and choose what we want the most. That's just life.

I don't think any of this should mean that Bad Dragon shouldn't offer more expensive options for those people who do want it badly though. Since you might not want it on every toy, you might just have that one certain thing that is super special. Like when I bought my Rainbow Ribbon Meng that was more than I thought I would be willing to pay for a toy, but I felt that colour was special enough that it was okay for that one toy.

Some people will never justify the extra money, and I think that is okay.
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby reine » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:34 pm

So the discount is "Chicago17" and it's good until the 25th, yeah?

I'm about to place a custom order, so I hope the discount applies lol :psyduck:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
User avatar
thesharkwhisperer
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:48 pm

reine wrote:So the discount is "Chicago17" and it's good until the 25th, yeah?

I'm about to place a custom order, so I hope the discount applies lol :psyduck:

I tried it on a random in-stock item and it seems to be working :widesmile:
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby reine » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:23 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
reine wrote:So the discount is "Chicago17" and it's good until the 25th, yeah?

I'm about to place a custom order, so I hope the discount applies lol :psyduck:

I tried it on a random in-stock item and it seems to be working :widesmile:


Alright! I just placed my order, and it worked fine for that, too. :cool:
I was a bit worried that the discount wouldn't apply to customs, but it does, so that's nice!
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
User avatar
TheOtherDude
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Gender: M straight w/vag envy
Location: Germany

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:29 pm

I'm a bit pissed that I again just slightly missed a sale with my order, but I'm thinking about antedating another order I had planned for this year's boxing day already. An extra -5% can never hurt :P

Does anyone know why for Mary, her "Natural" color (a simple solid color) costs a whopping $15 premium when I could just copy the hex color code and order her with a $5 custom single color option with exactly that hex color? There sure has to be a difference... or not?
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby reine » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:32 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:I'm a bit pissed that I again just slightly missed a sale with my order, but I'm thinking about antedating another order I had planned for this year's boxing day already. An extra -5% can never hurt :P

Does anyone know why for Mary, her "Natural" color (a simple solid color) costs a whopping $15 premium when I could just copy the hex color code and order her with a $5 custom single color option with exactly that hex color? There sure has to be a difference... or not?


There's no difference, sadly. BD said they wanted to "streamline prices" for Natural and Signature colours, so all Naturals are $15 and all Signatures are $30, regardless of complexity.
:misc6:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
User avatar
TheOtherDude
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Gender: M straight w/vag envy
Location: Germany

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 pm

reine wrote:There's no difference, sadly. BD said they wanted to "streamline prices" for Natural and Signature colours, so all Naturals are $15 and all Signatures are $30, regardless of complexity.
:misc6:


Lmao, okay.
So anyone who picks the natural preset instead of going the custom single route essentially takes a lighter to a $10 bill?
:bugeyed:

This is stupid on so many levels I can't even
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby reine » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:39 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:Lmao, okay.
So anyone who picks the natural preset instead of going the custom single route essentially takes a lighter to a $10 bill?
:bugeyed:


Yeah, pretty much. :psyduck: I get that they wanted to "streamline", but $15 for a plain solid colour when other solids are $5 (Custom) or free (like Onyx) doesn't make sense.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
User avatar
ImagineToothless
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:12 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby ImagineToothless » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:20 pm

reine wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:Lmao, okay.
So anyone who picks the natural preset instead of going the custom single route essentially takes a lighter to a $10 bill?
:bugeyed:


Yeah, pretty much. :psyduck: I get that they wanted to "streamline", but $15 for a plain solid colour when other solids are $5 (Custom) or free (like Onyx) doesn't make sense.

I was honestly wondering this same thing about Rex's natural colour recently. Wow. Guess it just pays to know how to order.

:psyduck:
Toy Collection:
► Show Spoiler

I take art commissions!
Regular Art: http://twitter.com/Marblefang
NSFW Art: http://twitter.com/MarblefangAD
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Can anyone kindly comment on Axel's texture in 5/medium plus 3/soft firmness? And is mini Axel not available in split color? Rarely I know you can ticket for things not listed.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby vixenvega » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:24 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Can anyone kindly comment on Axel's texture in 5/medium plus 3/soft firmness? And is mini Axel not available in split color? Rarely I know you can ticket for things not listed.

I have an Axel in medium firm. I'm pretty texture insensitive but I feel Axel just fine. It's not abrasive or overly intense to me, but definitely there.
Axel doesn't support splits in any size as far as I know, but he does take fades (really well too), highlights, and marbles. I'm not sure if he'd take a three color marble in a mini, though.
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 pm

vixenvega wrote:I have an Axel in medium firm. I'm pretty texture insensitive but I feel Axel just fine. It's not abrasive or overly intense to me, but definitely there.
Axel doesn't support splits in any size as far as I know, but he does take fades (really well too), highlights, and marbles. I'm not sure if he'd take a three color marble in a mini, though.

Thank you :widesmile: ! I don't think fades are available for minis at all. You're right on 3 color marble not being available for minis. Steampunk Stud color swap is quite tempting.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:01 pm

reine wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:I'm a bit pissed that I again just slightly missed a sale with my order, but I'm thinking about antedating another order I had planned for this year's boxing day already. An extra -5% can never hurt :P

Does anyone know why for Mary, her "Natural" color (a simple solid color) costs a whopping $15 premium when I could just copy the hex color code and order her with a $5 custom single color option with exactly that hex color? There sure has to be a difference... or not?


There's no difference, sadly. BD said they wanted to "streamline prices" for Natural and Signature colours, so all Naturals are $15 and all Signatures are $30, regardless of complexity.
:misc6:


Wow. That is kind of frustrating, and I don't see how that streamlines, or makes anything easier.
User avatar
Darkenedstar14
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:58 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Illinois, United States

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Darkenedstar14 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:18 am

Many I can't believe Exxxotica is in my home state! Since I know I got that weekend off work, I'm highly tempted. The ticket prices are not terrible, but my car has horrible gas mileage and I don't know if all the gas money will be worth it for me.

Plus there is the sale code I can still use regardless.
•~•Have you seen all the new CockSocks yet?•~•

Swag Wish List
Teenie - Weenies:
David ~ "Gunner" (I know they're out there...)

See Profile Page for Secondhand Info!
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Idra » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Can anyone kindly comment on Axel's texture in 5/medium plus 3/soft firmness? And is mini Axel not available in split color? Rarely I know you can ticket for things not listed.

I have a small/5 Axel. I'm not sure anymore if I'm texture insensitive -- I thought I was, but who knows now. I can feel Echo's medial ring but not the ridges on the shaft, I can feel Sleipnir's texture but it's really dull to me/barely noticeable, etc. Anyway, I can feel the shape of Axel's shaft/head and feel the nubs on the sides/bumps on the front, but I can't feel the lines on the back of the shaft at all. I had a day where I was much more sensitive than usual and I could feel Axel's nubs/bumps enough that they felt scrapy/abrasive, but I still couldn't feel those shaft lines on the back. I think they're just much shallower on the back. On other days the nubs have been fine, though. If you're very sensitive then I'd say you'd still feel them in a 3.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Idra wrote:I have a small/5 Axel. I'm not sure anymore if I'm texture insensitive -- I thought I was, but who knows now. I can feel Echo's medial ring but not the ridges on the shaft, I can feel Sleipnir's texture but it's really dull to me/barely noticeable, etc. Anyway, I can feel the shape of Axel's shaft/head and feel the nubs on the sides/bumps on the front, but I can't feel the lines on the back of the shaft at all. I had a day where I was much more sensitive than usual and I could feel Axel's nubs/bumps enough that they felt scrapy/abrasive, but I still couldn't feel those shaft lines on the back. I think they're just much shallower on the back. On other days the nubs have been fine, though. If you're very sensitive then I'd say you'd still feel them in a 3.

Thanks so very much :widesmile:! I was mostly curious about those lines. Dang. I've been so torn on Axel. Because in 3/soft I was near fully sure the lines couldn't be felt. Yet soft/3 would tame down the outward bumps on the sides. And it's sheer girth..even mini's thicker by a hair than small Echo! And small/5 Echo and mini 4/soft TTC Cortez can leave me sore..when they work for me after warmup.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
David Pumpkins
Any questions?
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:18 am
Gender: Male

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby David Pumpkins » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Darkenedstar14 wrote:Many I can't believe Exxxotica is in my home state! Since I know I got that weekend off work, I'm highly tempted. The ticket prices are not terrible, but my car has horrible gas mileage and I don't know if all the gas money will be worth it for me.

Plus there is the sale code I can still use regardless.


We could possibly leave you some free tickets to Exxxotica at their will call window if you really want to come visit us. PM me if you are interested!
- Just ate 40 lbs. of bamboo, time for a nap! ~
ImageTiny Exspectre by Chibity!Image

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests