/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
karla-chan

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby karla-chan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:40 am

Jasmine wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:What's this about "fantasytoymasterlist" though?

I also dont know this? Is it a forum thing?

It's a tumblr that has a list of other fantasy dildo makers, such as etsy/indie stores. They also keep a 'blacklist' of several stores- BD is pretty high up on their list. It's intended to be a tool for people unsure of new stores to find if they seem legit or not, but the person who runs the page tends to have their own opinions that get added as well.

The last time I checked it, it was fairly salty, but I'm kinda getting the feeling that most people involved in the fantasy dildo world end up being salty for different reasons :eyeroll:

Yeah Tumblr is pretty nasty about BD. I have got into all kinds of trouble with people who have taken issue with the company, and expect others to do the same as they do. Like once I got all kinds of crazy drama for taking about my good experiences with the customer service on my first order.

Although apart from that is the fantasytoymasterlist for find other companies? I have not actually seen it at all.
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:25 am

karla-chan wrote:Yeah Tumblr is pretty nasty about BD. I have got into all kinds of trouble with people who have taken issue with the company, and expect others to do the same as they do. Like once I got all kinds of crazy drama for taking about my good experiences with the customer service on my first order.

Although apart from that is the fantasytoymasterlist for find other companies? I have not actually seen it at all.

They're supposed to be a general masterlist for all of the fantasy toymakers (including BD), but their ordering of them is not alphabetical and the descriptions added are biased. They also "blacklist" and "greylist" companies for trivial things. Bad Dragon is considered an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel company, while Frisky Beast is highly praised and its complaints are minimized.

There's a reddit masterlist that is much better, but it's not as pretty to look at as the tumblr masterlist. :sniffing:
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:15 am

Ixick wrote:
karla-chan wrote:Yeah Tumblr is pretty nasty about BD. I have got into all kinds of trouble with people who have taken issue with the company, and expect others to do the same as they do. Like once I got all kinds of crazy drama for taking about my good experiences with the customer service on my first order.

They're supposed to be a general masterlist for all of the fantasy toymakers (including BD), but their ordering of them is not alphabetical and the descriptions added are biased. They also "blacklist" and "greylist" companies for trivial things. Bad Dragon is considered an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel company, while Frisky Beast is highly praised and its complaints are minimized.

There's a reddit masterlist that is much better, but it's not as pretty to look at as the tumblr masterlist. :sniffing:

It is sucky that it is so bias, I find when things are too biased on way or another it is very unhelpful to the customer. Like there is nothing wrong with people listing the good and the bad so people can make an informed choice. However the grey and blacklisting like you have mentioned just seems like the people who started it are pushing their views, or trying to influence the views on others.

However it really doesn't surprise me with Tumblr. I am not there a lot, I know it is trash.

So what makes the Tumblr list "prettier to look at" ?
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:33 am

Ixick wrote:

I don't think you've been there recently; I only found it recently, but I've never seen it look like that. I don't think there's a greylist section (maybe I didn't look hard enough?) but the stores are alphabetical? Frisky Beast is blacklisted along with Bad Dragon, too. How long ago was this? Did I just miss the nasty bits by a couple weeks? :psyduck:
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 am

karla-chan wrote:
It is sucky that it is so bias, I find when things are too biased on way or another it is very unhelpful to the customer. Like there is nothing wrong with people listing the good and the bad so people can make an informed choice. However the grey and blacklisting like you have mentioned just seems like the people who started it are pushing their views, or trying to influence the views on others.

However it really doesn't surprise me with Tumblr. I am not there a lot, I know it is trash.

So what makes the Tumblr list "prettier to look at" ?

The Reddit masterlist looks like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/84d3351bd9837e280d73e5d2dd104918.png

And offers no explanation beyond sorting them by what kind of material they use in making the toy. So, for example, Cockbender has been entirely inactive for months now without a peep to any potential customers, but the Reddit list doesn't warn about that. It only warns if the toy seller has some non-porous, non-bodysafe materials. It's also got a few formatting things (like the URL not being on the whole title of the shop).

https://i.gyazo.com/6f90328cdcd1e7955966f188a746e641.png

This is much cleaner, but has had the descriptions removed (it used to give a very brief explanation of what each shop caters to, including using symbols so you could tell right away what shops sold what). While it promises to have those up on an unfinished other page, it's been able to keep up the blacklist page just fine :eyeroll:

https://i.gyazo.com/753699d4e98f32184372dd09026ee302.png

That's an example of a "blacklist" entry. They won't link to a shop or include it in the list if they've blacklisted it. I was going to take a screencap of BadDragon's blacklist entry, but even zooming out the maximum amount didn't fit it all on-screen :widesmile: Quite a lot of the blacklist reasons are just as dubious as that one.

Roverseer2 wrote:I don't think you've been there recently; I only found it recently, but I've never seen it look like that. I don't think there's a greylist section (maybe I didn't look hard enough?) but the stores are alphabetical? Frisky Beast is blacklisted along with Bad Dragon, too. How long ago was this? Did I just miss the nasty bits by a couple weeks? :psyduck:

You would be right! :widesmile: I was surprised when I checked it out! Let me show how it used to look by going on the wayback machine:
https://i.gyazo.com/ea31f12cd2f0ef8ecfd134711055fed7.png
https://i.gyazo.com/6a9720d2e6c65c5f61dc5d97d7eb39e9.png
https://i.gyazo.com/da227ed8d0b57cf01ebee307f4be1e60.png

It's recent changes must have been in the past month, because this is how it used to be!

EDIT: Changed the images over to links since I guess you can't use gyazo screencaps for images!
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 am

Ixick wrote: :words:

(sorry to cut the reply down, it's just a lot of text to scroll past!) Those little icons were so cute! I can see what you mean about the blacklist, though. A lot of the current stuff seems to have links in it, at least for the BD stuff (I didn't look at the rest very much) so at least if you're unsure about how valid a blacklist thingy is, you can check it for yourself. I'd take some bad blacklist notes over not being told a store isn't active, at least! :laugh: The blog does have asks turned on, so if you're concerned about something, you could probably ask about it. If a lot of people have a problem with something about the list, I'm sure that many people having concerns would change it.
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Ixick wrote:The Reddit masterlist looks like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/84d3351bd9837e280d73e5d2dd104918.png

And offers no explanation beyond sorting them by what kind of material they use in making the toy. So, for example, Cockbender has been entirely inactive for months now without a peep to any potential customers, but the Reddit list doesn't warn about that. It only warns if the toy seller has some non-porous, non-bodysafe materials.

I made the list as a discovery engine, not a recommendation engine. I don't think anyone should buy from any company before googling them and doing a bit of research.

Ixick wrote:It's also got a few formatting things (like the URL not being on the whole title of the shop).

That's for when a shop has multiple sites, excluding blogs. For example, DamnAverage has their etsy shop and damnaverage.com, so I linked to both. If I put the links side by side with no dead letters in between, few people would realize there are two links there.

How is that cleaner? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just curious what's catching your eye. I don't see much difference, but I'm not a very visual person.

I'd be happy to change the reddit list's formatting if there's a way to make it cleaner and easier to understand.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:I made the list as a discovery engine, not a recommendation engine. I don't think anyone should buy from any company before googling them and doing a bit of research.

I appreciate you making a non biased Fantasy toy complete list :smilenox:. I read a reblog stating you'll no longer be able to view adult toy blogs if you don't have an account. This makes the Reddit list of great value. No login/account needed to view it!
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:I made the list as a discovery engine, not a recommendation engine. I don't think anyone should buy from any company before googling them and doing a bit of research.

That's for when a shop has multiple sites, excluding blogs. For example, DamnAverage has their etsy shop and damnaverage.com, so I linked to both. If I put the links side by side with no dead letters in between, few people would realize there are two links there.

How is that cleaner? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just curious what's catching your eye. I don't see much difference, but I'm not a very visual person.

I'd be happy to change the reddit list's formatting if there's a way to make it cleaner and easier to understand.

Oh! I didn't realize you were the creator! :widesmile: Well first of all, thank you for compiling it because it IS comprehensive!

I can understand not wanting to recommend one over the other, but I meant more how the (old) tumblr masterpost was, where it'd have a snippet explaining what the shop sold. So for example, Exotic Erotics has some its Exotic Robotics line and its Lifecast line, which makes it WAY different from A Krow's Nest. If I was in the market for a lifecast silicone dildo, I'd have to click through all of the links to find it.

For me (and this is more about the older style of the tumblr masterpost), it's how it was broken up a bit and had symbols to indicate what to expect from a shop. Their newer one shows old/closed shops too, which gives a sense of the post being updated.

And if there's multiple links, having it be something like this: ToyShop Name [x] [x] Makes it look cleaner and not like a formatting error (my first thought when I see a word that has one of the letters un-highlighted is that something went wrong during posting it, not that there's two links).

That's just my opinions, though! :widesmile: Ironically I actually hate how the tumblr masterpost looks now because before it was visually helpful and I didn't need to read a wall of text (it's faster to go "okay I'm looking for the vegetable symbol, these shops have it, time to see if they have what I'm looking for" than it is to say "okay what shops haven't I checked out before")
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:13 pm

lovelyscales wrote:I appreciate you making a non biased Fantasy toy complete list :smilenox:. I read a reblog stating you'll no longer be able to view adult toy blogs if you don't have an account. This makes the Reddit list of great value. No login/account needed to view it!

Ixick wrote:Oh! I didn't realize you were the creator! :widesmile: Well first of all, thank you for compiling it because it IS comprehensive!

I'm glad you find it useful. :smilenox:

Ixick wrote:I can understand not wanting to recommend one over the other, but I meant more how the (old) tumblr masterpost was, where it'd have a snippet explaining what the shop sold. So for example, Exotic Erotics has some its Exotic Robotics line and its Lifecast line, which makes it WAY different from A Krow's Nest. If I was in the market for a lifecast silicone dildo, I'd have to click through all of the links to find it.

That kind of categorization would be really useful. The issue is it would take a fair amount of work to create and maintain. Someone might be able to go through all the shops and categorize their toys in a couple hours. But then they'd have to repeat this on a regular basis to account for all the new models that get released.

It was useful when the Fantasy Toy Master List did this, but their snippets of the types of toys each shop sold were often out of date. Which is understandable: that's a lot of information for one person to keep current.

I think the best way to create a list like this would be with a crowdsourced wiki. This would allow a bunch of people to edit and augment the list, so no one person would have to spend much time on it.

Ixick wrote:And if there's multiple links, having it be something like this: ToyShop Name [x] [x] Makes it look cleaner and not like a formatting error (my first thought when I see a word that has one of the letters un-highlighted is that something went wrong during posting it, not that there's two links).

If I understand you correctly, shops on the list would look something like this:

• DamnAverage - Etsy and damnaverage.com
• Dekker's Dildos - Etsy

I see why this expanded formatting might be appealing. But personally I prefer the minimalism of only seeing the shop's name and fitting the hyperlinks within the name. Both formats are valid, though.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:
Ixick wrote:And if there's multiple links, having it be something like this: ToyShop Name [x] [x] Makes it look cleaner and not like a formatting error (my first thought when I see a word that has one of the letters un-highlighted is that something went wrong during posting it, not that there's two links).

If I understand you correctly, shops on the list would look something like this:

• DamnAverage - Etsy and damnaverage.com
• Dekker's Dildos - Etsy

I see why this expanded formatting might be appealing. But personally I prefer the minimalism of only seeing the shop's name and fitting the hyperlinks within the name. Both formats are valid, though.

I have looked at the reddit list so many times and I actually never knew that's what it was supposed to mean. It looked like an error to me, too, and it was really my only bother about the list. Huh.

I agree with Ixick in that an expanded format would look cleaner. I think it would be a bit more user friendly, too as it gives the user an idea of where they're going before they click just at a glance. Allows them to see if they're going to a Tumblr or an Etsy or whatever just by the link name. It also seems more expected and typical, to me.

But, again, just another opinion. :)
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote: :words: ....I think the best way to create a list like this would be with a crowdsourced wiki. :words:

Definitely! :widesmile: That'd be a really cool idea, maybe some day that can take off and be useful. Thanks again for listening and for putting in the effort to compile that list!
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Ixick wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote: :words: ....I think the best way to create a list like this would be with a crowdsourced wiki. :words:

Definitely! :widesmile: That'd be a really cool idea, maybe some day that can take off and be useful. Thanks again for listening and for putting in the effort to compile that list!

Agreed, but I don't think wiki allows mature stuff. At least, I've never seen anything mature on it? Then again, haven't looked. :stick:
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Really hoping BD releases a new (insertable) toy that I love tomorrow :smilenox:

I don't expect it to happen since there have been so many recently. None of them appealed to me since Ika. But I really would love a new model to get in rainbow parfait while the Exxxotica sale is active! Otherwise Kelvin is basically the only toy on my sorta-wishlist that I would consider getting. Come to think of it, I bet he would look nice in rainbow parfait...

The other I can imagine is a L or XL flared Chance but I have to convince myself I need another horse dong first :cool:

Roverseer2 wrote:Agreed, but I don't think wiki allows mature stuff. At least, I've never seen anything mature on it? Then again, haven't looked. :stick:

I'm pretty sure they meant a self-hosted wiki. You can put whatever you want on your own websites. Just need a "21 or older" warning to ward off minors and other innocents :P
Penetrables comparison: here
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:Agreed, but I don't think wiki allows mature stuff. At least, I've never seen anything mature on it? Then again, haven't looked. :stick:

I'm pretty sure they meant a self-hosted wiki. You can put whatever you want on your own websites. Just need a "21 or older" warning to ward off minors and other innocents :P

You can do that?! :psyduck: That probably would be the best option, then... I wonder how those work.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Quick question about the end of year sale where they usually make all the promo colors released that year available. Are they they same price when that promo released or is there a price hike? Saving up for a custom order and I'd like to take something like that into consideration when planning the budget. Realistically speaking the end of year sale is the only time I can make a BD order at the moment.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Curiosa wrote:Quick question about the end of year sale where they usually make all the promo colors released that year available. Are they they same price when that promo released or is there a price hike? Saving up for a custom order and I'd like to take something like that into consideration when planning the budget. Realistically speaking the end of year sale is the only time I can make a BD order at the moment.
Colors are promo priced.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:50 pm

vixenvega wrote:
Curiosa wrote:Quick question about the end of year sale where they usually make all the promo colors released that year available. Are they they same price when that promo released or is there a price hike? Saving up for a custom order and I'd like to take something like that into consideration when planning the budget. Realistically speaking the end of year sale is the only time I can make a BD order at the moment.
Colors are promo priced.

Ok. Thanks for the info. :smilenox:
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
memphs

Postby memphs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 pm

How is the printer texture on medium Crackers? I loved my mini and I'd love the small too, if I could handle the texture, but now that I can comfortably move up a size I'm hoping it's not as bad.
Female | Bi | 25 | Single | 49 Toys | 9 Eggs

Waiting On
None!

WTS List
► Show Spoiler

WTB List
► Show Spoiler
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:58 pm

memphs wrote:How is the printer texture on medium Crackers? I loved my mini and I'd love the small too, if I could handle the texture, but now that I can comfortably move up a size I'm hoping it's not as bad.

My medium Crackers has some printer texture but it's nothing like the small. Mine is in firm and if I use a good amount of lube I don't actually notice it in use.

Return to “General Discussion”