/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Arumaeruma

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:34 pm

guiltysin wrote:Why did they go with darker primary colors for the dots and not pastels? When I think of birthday or confetti cake, I think of little pastel sprinkles in white cake and on white frosting. I see that used in birthday cake flavored treats, too. Big, bold spots on a white background like they did doesn't say cake at all to me. It says creepy clown bits! :unamused:

That was my thought exactly!
Shame you can't custom order it since all the ones they dropped are medium firm and I need soft :(
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
guiltysin wrote:Why did they go with darker primary colors for the dots and not pastels? When I think of birthday or confetti cake, I think of little pastel sprinkles in white cake and on white frosting. I see that used in birthday cake flavored treats, too. Big, bold spots on a white background like they did doesn't say cake at all to me. It says creepy clown bits! :unamused:

That was my thought exactly!
Shame you can't custom order it since all the ones they dropped are medium firm and I need soft :(

What's weird to me about it as well is that you can't order it despite the promo saying it's July's dessert color. The color itself holds less appeal than the Rainbow Strawberry Parfait one, which I really didn't like. It looks to be matte, but even if it were metallic I wouldn't buy because it's ugly as fuck, to be honest.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Agreed on it reminding one of clowns. *shudder*
Also, ugly as hell.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:15 pm

My sold toy shipped back to me finally arrives. The official USPS printed address label printed with only the state/zip :doh:. This is a first. The address made it into the computer yet not the label. I missed it too. Well it's safe. No harm no foul.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 pm

I shipped a secondhand toy from the US to UK, and it was delivered two days after I sent it. Mind boggling!

Anybody know if there will be a discount code for August's trade show? I wanted to put in a large order for the Chicago promotion, but indecision prevented me from taking action. A 20% coupon would save me a lot of money.
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:I shipped a secondhand toy from the US to UK, and it was delivered two days after I sent it. Mind boggling!

Anybody know if there will be a discount code for August's trade show? I wanted to put in a large order for the Chicago promotion, but indecision prevented me from taking action. A 20% coupon would save me a lot of money.

I'd spring for at least my custom Echo or custom Bruiser if they did another discount; maybe even both, depending. I'm tempted to go for a Bruiser in this year's version of Alexandrite. Not sure about Echo just yet.
Last edited by Niah on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:49 pm

It takes alot of skills to pour those dots on those toys and MAD PROPS TO THEM! I think it just would've looked better with a metallic white (If possible without the colors blending) and maybe some more "cakey" colors but still! I think some will like it and others will not as with every other color.......BUT STILL
Polka dot.jpg

DICK.jpg
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
SweetieKat

Postby SweetieKat » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Oh my gosh, no one else seems to like the birthday cake color, but I LOVE IT! I literally screamed when I saw it in the email! Maybe because I was just lately thinking any bright primary color marbled with a metallic white would look awesome and fun (I realize it's neither marbled nor metallic, but still... :tinfoil: ), or if it's because it makes me think of that jelly nougat candy (which I also like), or maybe it's just because I'm really weird, but I wants one and there are no models/sizes/firmnesses that I really want to buy :crying: .

I hope more are dropped into inventory, or they make it an order-able color so I can get something I really want because I will literally throw my money at my laptop (before keying in my credit card so I can buy one).

Update: I caved and got a Nox! This model hadn't been on my radar, but it seems to be pretty well liked, and it should be a usable size for me, even in medium firmness. :misc2: :excited:
Last edited by SweetieKat on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
:misc1: :nerdy: Toy list in my profile, I've done a few reviews. Current Favorites: Royal Dragon, Terra
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:51 pm

stuck-on-the-knot1 wrote:It takes alot of skills to pour those dots on those toys and MAD PROPS TO THEM! I think it just would've looked better with a metallic white (If possible without the colors blending) and maybe some more "cakey" colors but still! I think some will like it and others will not as with every other color.......BUT STILL
Polka dot.jpg

DICK.jpg

Lmfao. I'm about dead from laughing here. :laugh: :laugh: Now I really can't get that color (not that I was ever going to before seeing that).

Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:39 pm

While I'm not too much a fan of this color, it did make me crave funfetti cake. Me and my fiance just baked one together. Yay couple bonding time! :widesmile:
infernalty

Postby infernalty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:29 pm

I bought a small Pearce in Birthday Cake. I wasn't really in the market for a new dildo because my work schedule plus living arrangements make long sessions difficult and I don't usually want to bother taking the time to get ready for a short session. But the specs plus limited edition (this phrase is my weakness :U ) color made it hard to pass up. Additionally I think I got the pearce in the promo picture which makes me smile.

:) Shit happens :)
Collection in profile :smile:
Successfully bought from:
► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Put me in with the people who think that is one ugly, tacky colour. Ew.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:05 pm

When I opened the newsletter and saw the picture I immediately thought of clowns. Little did I realize the almost EVERYONE had that very same thought. I'm not an out-of-the-box thinker.
Don't like it. Don't like clowns. Hell, I don't even like cake!

It was a nice thought but the execution is a bit lacking. I suppose it took some effort to do this but... I dunno, it didn't work out. You live, learn from past mistakes and try something new next time.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Willow wrote:Hell, I don't even like cake!

Are... are your okay?

If you're being held hostage by a cake-hating maniac, blink twice.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Karhu

Postby Karhu » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:38 am

Willow wrote:Hell, I don't even like cake!

Well I also hate cake. It might be because 3 reasons. I had lot of stomach problems when I was still a child, because we did not realize that I was lactose intolerant and allergic to milk protein. Secondly my mother thought the best way to get us to be crazy about baking is to make us bake. Often and lot. Not sure if I hated baking days more than the days when I had to go with them to aid in work after coming home from school. I do kitchen work and thankfully I have to bake only once in a while, thanks to the fact most of breads, sweets and so on are usually made from frozen components. Third reason is also that I would do the kitchen work and cleaning during birthdays, christmas and so on. Because of that I grew to hate holidays also and gladly work on those days for that comforting small payment bonus they give. No problems with clowns, but also do not like them though.

Last edited by Karhu on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:55 am

The cake is a lie
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
ImagineToothless

Postby ImagineToothless » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:01 am

Willow wrote:When I opened the newsletter and saw the picture I immediately thought of clowns. Little did I realize the almost EVERYONE had that very same thought. I'm not an out-of-the-box thinker.
Don't like it. Don't like clowns. Hell, I don't even like cake!

It was a nice thought but the execution is a bit lacking. I suppose it took some effort to do this but... I dunno, it didn't work out. You live, learn from past mistakes and try something new next time.

I also thought of clowns.

On the other hand, I genuinely appreciate the amount of effort and care that probably went into these pours. Also it kind of reminds me of Twister?
Toy Collection:
► Show Spoiler

I take art commissions!
Regular Art: http://twitter.com/Marblefang
NSFW Art: http://twitter.com/MarblefangAD
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:20 am

Darkenedstar14 wrote:I like the idea behind the birthday cake color, but I believe it's done poorly. It would have been better to make it more like confetti with smaller dots than a clown suit. :unamused:

I agree, or many look like there was sprinkles on top of the toy that would be really cute! It is the big dots and the primary colours that make me think clown!
yuzupo

Postby yuzupo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:38 am

With how the red and green and yellow are splopped on, it reminds me of fruitcake even though the base is pure white. Uuuuu
Raya

Postby Raya » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:31 am

I actually love the cake color. :widesmile:
Not enough to get it myself but I love how it looks, brings back yummy memories. While everyone else looks at it and thinks cake I think of birthday cake candles! :liplick: :widesmile:
Mmmmm tasty.~ :nomnom: Preferably the big number candles. The ones that looked exactly like the BD cake color were the best. Best tasting and best for gnawing on.

Dont actually eat the candle of course, just sink my teeth in then and sucking on them. X3
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”