/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Anaphora

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Anaphora » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:07 am

Amaranthe wrote:
Anaphora wrote:Is it worth grabbing something in Sapphire during this? Internet pictures make it just look plain blue - is it more interesting in person?

I can't speak on it myself, but I found this thread pretty helpful in getting a better idea of what it looks like in person: viewtopic.php?t=33380
Maybe that'll help some until someone with a sapphire toy can comment! :dukeretro:

Eh, it's nice but I'll wait for Mars Ascending. So excited for that one!
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:08 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Darkenedstar14 wrote:That feeling when you just ordered some stuff and then BD turns around and makes a sale announcement when you're now low on money :misc2: :laugh: :misc4: :angry: :misc1: :crying:

I am so sad because I am broke AF too :laugh: school books, printing the whole class material and I already had to leave my Internet bill for next month. And good lord I still need to order shit for school :stick:

I'll join the 'too broke to buy from the sale' group :psyduck:

Though to be fair my reason for being broke is I can't control my spending and I ordered a dakimakura :doh:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:50 pm

There's this gorgeous large Spritz. Exactly the toy I want right now.

I don't need it.

I don't.

I just want it a lot. :psyduck:
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:08 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:There's this gorgeous large Spritz. Exactly the toy I want right now.

I don't need it.

I don't.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:14 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Vulpine Aurora wrote:There's this gorgeous large Spritz. Exactly the toy I want right now.

I don't need it.

I don't.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL

I've proudly been super responsible all season for the sake of building a nice savings account for a buffer in case of unexpected emergencies. I finally have some extras to spend comfortably.

Willpower fading.

Want dragon dicks. :bugeyed:
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
tzern

Postby tzern » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Dang, with the new price of penetrables, the flop pricing AND the sale the savings are enormous. Janine launched at 130$, and now you can get a flop for like 60$.

Now I got an order for 3 penetrables :unamused:
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Yeah okay I bought a dick. :excited:

KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:Yeah okay I bought a dick. :excited:

what ya get.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Anaphora

Postby Anaphora » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Was it the pretty green one? That's the only large Spritz I saw - yes, I've been obsessively checking to see what's new today. :bugeyed:
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:52 pm

KnotyDes wrote:what ya get.

Anaphora wrote:

Was it the pretty green one? That's the only large Spritz I saw - yes, I've been obsessively checking to see what's new today. :bugeyed:

It was! There was a natural one before it with CT/SC, but I wasn't quite down to spend that much today. Even so, the green overlaying a sort of alien-blood yellow might be a rather exciting coloration! I've been back and forth on a Spritz for weeks now, because his dimensions in Large are perfect for where I am in training. I know his length is acceptable, I know I can handle the girth of the head at its depth, and the knot size is right between where I'm easily comfortable and the size of knots, like XL Fenrir, that are my challenge at the moment.

I had a Spritz years ago that I loved, but wasn't nearly as adept with my butt as I am now. I'll surely enjoy him thoroughly! :smile:

Anaphora

Postby Anaphora » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:05 pm

I thought all one size models went up to $105? Hanns has a base price of $75 listed. I checked Meng to see if he changed, but nope, still $105.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote: :words:

i have looked at Spritz and like its design, but its basically the same size as a few different BDs toy that i have and since i have already spent a ungodly sum of money at BD. I opted out of getting one, unless one drops in firm or is really pretty.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:22 am

Anaphora wrote:I thought all one size models went up to $105? Hanns has a base price of $75 listed. I checked Meng to see if he changed, but nope, still $105.

Hanns has been $75 since BD released the new website. I don't think any prices have changed since then. But you're right, it's an odd quirk in their pricing structure. My guess is Meng sells better than Hanns, so BD decided to give them different prices even though they use similar amounts of silicone.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:26 am

KnotyDes wrote:
Vulpine Aurora wrote: :words:

i have looked at Spritz and like its design, but its basically the same size as a few different BDs toy that i have and since i have already spent a ungodly sum of money at BD. I opted out of getting one, unless one drops in firm or is really pretty.

Definitely true that a lot of toys in the Large spectrum are quite similar. I deliberated about Spritz vs. Tucker for a while, but ultimately the facts that a significant majority of my collection is equine and that Spritz's knot seems like a better tie left him the winner. The tapered head also is a plus considering the dimensions of depth for tying him. :widesmile:

Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:55 am

Squirrelmunk wrote:
Anaphora wrote:I thought all one size models went up to $105? Hanns has a base price of $75 listed. I checked Meng to see if he changed, but nope, still $105.

Hanns has been $75 since BD released the new website. I don't think any prices have changed since then. But you're right, it's an odd quirk in their pricing structure. My guess is Meng sells better than Hanns, so BD decided to give them different prices even though they use similar amounts of silicone.

I can't remember which size of Hanns they removed - if it was the Medium gone and the Small left behind, it would make some sense for it to cost less than Meng, which would be Medium at One-Size, because technically Hanns would still be Small even if it's only a one-size toy now.

If it was the Small that was removed... yeah, I've got nothing. :surprised:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:14 am

Roverseer2 wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:

I can't remember which size of Hanns they removed - if it was the Medium gone and the Small left behind, it would make some sense for it to cost less than Meng, which would be Medium at One-Size, because technically Hanns would still be Small even if it's only a one-size toy now.

If it was the Small that was removed... yeah, I've got nothing. :surprised:

They removed the smaller size. :unamused: It wasn't even that much smaller, but I wanted the smaller one because the slight difference was important for me at the time. Either way, I also don't know why Hanns would be cheaper than the new standard (ridiculous) price for the one-size models. :mystery:
Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Hrm there's a mini xar in adoptions... but in a firm...
I can take a soft mini crackers, but idk if xar being a firm would stop me from being able to take him/enjoy him :crying:
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Villie wrote:Hrm there's a mini xar in adoptions... but in a firm...
I can take a soft mini crackers, but idk if xar being a firm would stop me from being able to take him/enjoy him :crying:

It might really hinder you or it might be fairly simple. That's the trouble with these toys: it's all a learning curve, buying and trying to see what works and what doesn't. How easily can you take that Crackers? Would it still be an easy toy to take if you had it any firmer?

I've had toys before that I had to have in soft or I absolutely couldn't use it.

If you can spare the cash and you really want it, I say go ahead and give it a go. You can always sell it if it doesn't work out, well, when the second hand forums come back.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Villie wrote:Hrm there's a mini xar in adoptions... but in a firm...

It might really hinder you or it might be fairly simple. That's the trouble with these toys: it's all a learning curve, buying and trying to see what works and what doesn't. How easily can you take that Crackers? Would it still be an easy toy to take if you had it any firmer?

I've had toys before that I had to have in soft or I absolutely couldn't use it.

If you can spare the cash and you really want it, I say go ahead and give it a go. You can always sell it if it doesn't work out, well, when the second hand forums come back.

It was a little tricky and a bit of warm up to get the crackers in, but I know xar is tapered hmmm and according to the measurements page slightly less girthy so maaaaybe I could take a firm? I've never that a firm toy (minus the lil squirt and vibe) so maaaaybe I'll wait out for a medium or soft

...unless the sale is only for inventory items, maybe I'll grab that lil firm and resell later if it kicks my ass
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Villie wrote:It was a little tricky and a bit of warm up to get the crackers in, but I know xar is tapered hmmm and according to the measurements page slightly less girthy so maaaaybe I could take a firm? I've never that a firm toy (minus the lil squirt and vibe) so maaaaybe I'll wait out for a medium or soft

...unless the sale is only for inventory items, maybe I'll grab that lil firm and resell later if it kicks my ass

His knot is the same size as the mini Crackers' shaft and it may be tapered, Xar, but firm can be very unforgiving for some people. I only have one toy in it, a small Bumble, and sometimes even that's a bit of a pain. If you really have to work up to take the Crackers in soft- I'd personally hold out for a medium firmness unless, like I said, you have the cash to give the firm a try.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.

Return to “General Discussion”