/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
spiralcatfox

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby spiralcatfox » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 am

iwikiwi wrote:Some people say they are kind of allergic to the oil. Are you fine with it then?
I'm just wondering since I'm a bit sensitive down there but I use baby oil after shaving.

I also use coconut oil, but if you're afraid of a reaction, try doing a spot test. Just a drop or two on your arm and see if your body reacts negatively to it
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:16 am

iwikiwi wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
Kaiser wrote:Yes, so long as you use soap and warm water. Also a big bonus of coconut oil is the smell, smells of coconut which is better than the 'lube' smell :smile:

I have had no trouble getting it washed either, I mainly use the Bad Dragon cleaner, and other similar cleaners and it is no issue what so ever. I think it feels nicer and feels more "natural" than other lubes to me.

Some people say they are kind of allergic to the oil. Are you fine with it then?
I'm just wondering since I'm a bit sensitive down there but I use baby oil after shaving.

To be very honest, I HIGHLY recommend patch testing any new lube you try on somewhere less sensitive. Since everyone's skin is very different.

I personally I have never had a reaction to coconut oil, it feels better than everything than anything else I have ever tried. However everyone's skin is different. I have had some pretty nasty reactions to lubes in the past though. Since I do have have eczema, and to be honest with what I react to seems almost random.

I know some people do have allergic reactions to coconut oil, but it isn't a super common allergy compared to a lot of other things.
iwikiwi

Postby iwikiwi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 am

spiralcatfox wrote:
iwikiwi wrote:Some people say they are kind of allergic to the oil. Are you fine with it then?

I also use coconut oil, but if you're afraid of a reaction, try doing a spot test. Just a drop or two on your arm and see if your body reacts negatively to it

Ok thanks :3

karla-chan wrote:
iwikiwi wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
I have had no trouble getting it washed either, I mainly use the Bad Dragon cleaner, and other similar cleaners and it is no issue what so ever. I think it feels nicer and feels more "natural" than other lubes to me.

Some people say they are kind of allergic to the oil. Are you fine with it then?

To be very honest, I HIGHLY recommend patch testing any new lube you try on somewhere less sensitive. Since everyone's skin is very different.

I personally I have never had a reaction to coconut oil, it feels better than everything than anything else I have ever tried. However everyone's skin is different. I have had some pretty nasty reactions to lubes in the past though. Since I do have have eczema, and to be honest with what I react to seems almost random.

I know some people do have allergic reactions to coconut oil, but it isn't a super common allergy compared to a lot of other things.

Thank you again. Ok, I see. I don't have any reaction to lubes it seems but I had some allergy to some hand creams, for example. So random it is I guess. Need to try this one.
:misc3: ESTP / Bisexual / Switch
Toys:
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:14 am

iwikiwi wrote:
Thank you again. Ok, I see. I don't have any reaction to lubes it seems but I had some allergy to some hand creams, for example. So random it is I guess. Need to try this one.

You never know, it's better to have the nasty rash on your hand or arm, than other places.

I know of a woman who first found out she was allergic to a certain kind of lube when she had anal sex with her partner... So yes... There and she said it dripped down the back of her legs.

My reactions are so random, and it's all kinds of things. I'm so happy that for cosmetics Lush let you take sample pots. It's like such a need for me.
iwikiwi

Postby iwikiwi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 am

karla-chan wrote:
iwikiwi wrote:

You never know, it's better to have the nasty rash on your hand or arm, than other places.

I know of a woman who first found out she was allergic to a certain kind of lube when she had anal sex with her partner... So yes... There and she said it dripped down the back of her legs.

My reactions are so random, and it's all kinds of things. I'm so happy that for cosmetics Lush let you take sample pots. It's like such a need for me.

Ohh I imagine that's bad ._.
Yeah that's very convenient. I see I'm not that allergic though as it seems, just have to be careful with sensitive areas. Sometimes body lotions make my face burn but it disappears when I wash the lotion off.
Though yes, vagina is quite more sensitive so it's better to test it beforehand.
:misc3: ESTP / Bisexual / Switch
Toys:
► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 am

Another issue that one may experience with coconut oil is clogged drains.

Since it is an oil, it will solidify when it hit cold surfaces add hair to the mix ya get clogs. Its not as bad as say dumping animal fats down drains, but its still a cumulative issue and if you use if frequently enough, Clogs.

But CO is great. I find it works best if your going slow or using a toy with just enough texture that you don't get that dragging feeling.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 am

iwikiwi wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
iwikiwi wrote:

Ohh I imagine that's bad ._.
Yeah that's very convenient. I see I'm not that allergic though as it seems, just have to be careful with sensitive areas. Sometimes body lotions make my face burn but it disappears when I wash the lotion off.
Though yes, vagina is quite more sensitive so it's better to test it beforehand.

It's lucky you don't have too much of an issue. But yeah, patch testing is always a good idea.
dasadevil
Moon Moon

Postby dasadevil » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:58 am

[quote="Tempest"
Okay, now I definitely have to go. Can't wait to see the human behind the forum troll. :misc2: :smile:[/quote]

why am I a troll XD
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:49 pm

dasadevil wrote:
Tempest wrote:Okay, now I definitely have to go. Can't wait to see the human behind the forum troll. :misc2: :smile:
why am I a troll XD
Clearly you're living under a bridge so you must be a troll. Where else are booze, cookies, and cigars falling from the sky? :mystery:
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:38 am

mynickname wrote:
dasadevil wrote:
Tempest wrote:Okay, now I definitely have to go. Can't wait to see the human behind the forum troll. :misc2: :smile:
why am I a troll XD
Clearly you're living under a bridge so you must be a troll. Where else are booze, cookies, and cigars falling from the sky? :mystery:

I was gonna say it's because he lives on an internet forum but your version is better :widesmile:
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Fugletid

Postby Fugletid » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:41 am

I've ordered a coconut oil-based lube specifically for the purpose to try it out. I'm a bit paranoid about making sure I have something body-safe, and the lube wasn't terribly expensive.

Ordinary lubes work fine for me in general, but if you want to use silicone eggs with a silicone ovipositor or whatever, you'll need oil. :P
I do toy sculpts! Sculptor of the XCA Spadix and base concept for the PFC Elva. Oh and also needlefelt! <3

Selling: Not much right now, but a bunch of M-sized chest binders!

PM me about joining the fantasy toy discord! We're friendly and low-drama! :widesmile:
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Fugletid wrote:I've ordered a coconut oil-based lube specifically for the purpose to try it out. I'm a bit paranoid about making sure I have something body-safe, and the lube wasn't terribly expensive.

Ordinary lubes work fine for me in general, but if you want to use silicone eggs with a silicone ovipositor or whatever, you'll need oil. :P

Trader Joe's sells a good coconut oil. If you have one in your town.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
dasadevil
Moon Moon

Postby dasadevil » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:07 pm

mynickname wrote:
dasadevil wrote:
why am I a troll XD

hey bees dont fall from the sky tho
Raya

Postby Raya » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Does anyone else here play Dragonvale World? Been thinking of starting up a thread for those of us who do and can post breeding tips and tricks like we have for Dragon Cave. :3
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Fugletid wrote:I've ordered a coconut oil-based lube specifically for the purpose to try it out. I'm a bit paranoid about making sure I have something body-safe, and the lube wasn't terribly expensive.

Coconut oil is very body and vaginal safe. I have actually bought lubes in the past that aren't vaginal safe, because they used glycerol/glyerine. Which can act like a sugar in terms of can cause yeast/thrush infections. They're safe anally, but not vaginally.

So just because something is bought as lube, it doesn't mean it's totally safe.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 pm

It's important to note, coconut oil is only body safe if you buy it in the form of "extra virgin". This is cold pressed rather than having used heat(they bake the coconut flesh prior to processing it, vs cold pressed being raw coconut flesh) to extract the oil. It smells like coconut oil in this form, where refined coconut oil doesn't. I have had bad experiences using fractionated/liquid coconut oil. So make sure you don't buy refined because it's cheaper, or the more convenient liquid version of it. Cold pressed/Virgin is the only way it is truly body safe, but even then it's not something that works for everyone.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Robiland wrote:It's important to note, coconut oil is only body safe if you buy it in the form of "extra virgin". This is cold pressed rather than having used heat(they bake the coconut flesh prior to processing it, vs cold pressed being raw coconut flesh) to extract the oil. It smells like coconut oil in this form, where refined coconut oil doesn't. I have had bad experiences using fractionated/liquid coconut oil. So make sure you don't buy refined because it's cheaper, or the more convenient liquid version of it. Cold pressed/Virgin is the only way it is truly body safe, but even then it's not something that works for everyone.

This is true, it's got to be raw/unrefined. I did mention this earlier, but it really does need stressing.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:38 pm

karla-chan wrote:This is true, it's got to be raw/unrefined. I did mention this earlier, but it really does need stressing.

True, didn't notice the "raw" comment in your first post. Yeah though it can be a little confusing since there are at least three different forms of it available and only one is really safe for lube as far as I am concerned. Just wanted to point out since it was only mentioned once and it's not often marketed as raw as far as I know.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:28 am

Robiland wrote:
karla-chan wrote:This is true, it's got to be raw/unrefined. I did mention this earlier, but it really does need stressing.

True, didn't notice the "raw" comment in your first post. Yeah though it can be a little confusing since there are at least three different forms of it available and only one is really safe for lube as far as I am concerned. Just wanted to point out since it was only mentioned once and it's not often marketed as raw as far as I know.

I agree, it could of been missed and forgotten. So it's best to make it clear so no one used the wrong thing. Since yes it is just the one type that is safe.
Fugletid

Postby Fugletid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:29 am

karla-chan wrote:

Coconut oil is very body and vaginal safe. I have actually bought lubes in the past that aren't vaginal safe, because they used glycerol/glyerine. Which can act like a sugar in terms of can cause yeast/thrush infections. They're safe anally, but not vaginally.

So just because something is bought as lube, it doesn't mean it's totally safe.

That is true! But the version I found is glycerin-free and from Sliquid, so it seems like it should be safe. Also, I think the right kind of coconut oil might be hard to find where I live, and possibly infinitely expensive. D:

http://www.babeland.com/mobile/Product/detail/4727 (I choose to believe that the copywriting is tongue-in-cheek)
I do toy sculpts! Sculptor of the XCA Spadix and base concept for the PFC Elva. Oh and also needlefelt! <3

Selling: Not much right now, but a bunch of M-sized chest binders!

PM me about joining the fantasy toy discord! We're friendly and low-drama! :widesmile:

Return to “General Discussion”