/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
CakeLurker

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:58 pm

I know both CS and you guys have mentioned that the pigment and glitter is body-safe, but what happens when it sheds off and gets inside your body? Does the stuff dissolve or does it fall out or.. does it stay inside forever or something?

I need to know before I send an email to the doctor or something. I don't want anymore surprises in my life right now, and I don't like waiting In suspense. It maybe I'm too paranoid. I hope its just paranoia talking right now.
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 pm

CakeLurker wrote:I know both CS and you guys have mentioned that the pigment and glitter is body-safe, but what happens when it sheds off and gets inside your body? Does the stuff dissolve or does it fall out or.. does it stay inside forever or something?

I need to know before I send an email to the doctor or something. I don't want anymore surprises in my life right now, and I don't like waiting In suspense. It maybe I'm too paranoid. I hope its just paranoia talking right now.

The person who mentioned their dexters gitd pigment getting everywhere despite washing thoroughly, mentioned that the color irritated their cervix when they used the toy. I would assume that with enough water you could wash the gitd residue away off the body though...

I hope your issue can be resolved though, as it sucks you have to go through this.. :sniffing:

((I know that despite saying it multiple times across several posts, do you think the glitter is just left over glitter from the molding/curing process still stuck on in the unholy way glitter sticks to anything it comes in contact with? Or is it actually shifting/shedding through the toy itself? I don't remember it being mentioned in your first post))
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:53 pm

spiralcatfox wrote:((I know that despite saying it multiple times across several posts, do you think the glitter is just left over glitter from the molding/curing process still stuck on in the unholy way glitter sticks to anything it comes in contact with? Or is it actually shifting/shedding through the toy itself? I don't remember it being mentioned in your first post))

No idea. Their response after receiving my photos was vague:

"I've reviewed your photos with our team, and there doesn't seem to be any damage to your toy. It's likely that there was an amount of the metallic pigments on the outside of the toy, and these pigments don't always come off the toy right away. The amount that you see on your hands should lessen and eventually stop altogether."

So it's implied that it is not do to shedding or whatever else they're looking for, but the "likely" part means that they're a little uncertain BUT TO BE FAIR they're only going off of pictures and not the physical toy atm, so there's that.

Either way I got a glitter problem that's taking forever to come off. And of course, I used the toy too before finding out so... there's also that.

No irritation so far though. So far. Thank God but that doesn't erase other things like infection or something since glitter is still an unnatural foreign body. And again, I have no idea how the glitter is supposed to work once inside.
Villie

Postby Villie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:35 am

CakeLurker wrote:I know both CS and you guys have mentioned that the pigment and glitter is body-safe, but what happens when it sheds off and gets inside your body? Does the stuff dissolve or does it fall out or.. does it stay inside forever or something?

If we're talking about vaginal, it kinda self cleans and sheds off the wall and will expel out any gunk. So bits of glitter will eventually leave the body. I'd imagine certain pigments can still irritate the body a bit, though :doh:
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Villie

Postby Villie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:39 am

In other news, I rubbed at all my toys that contain dazzle/glitter/pearls and didn't have anything rub off, yay! Same with my toys that have GITD
PM me! Image
taulanaewn

Postby taulanaewn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:08 am

Reading this and seeing my new glittery toys had me pretty concerned but it came off clear after a couple washes.

Thankfully this is a very rare issue but this is also an odd situation and I feel like BD should offer to inspect the toy in person as pictures clearly aren't enough for them.
Villie

Postby Villie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:23 am

taulanaewn wrote:Reading this and seeing my new glittery toys had me pretty concerned but it came off clear after a couple washes.

Thankfully this is a very rare issue but this is also an odd situation and I feel like BD should offer to inspect the toy in person as pictures clearly aren't enough for them.

For sanitary reasons, I'd imagine they wouldn't request to have the toy shipped back to them hmm.
PM me! Image
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:49 am

I have mine since July and keep losing pigments. Less, but still.
The things that most concern me is what GITD material really is and if it is a doble way, that is, if particles come out, can they also enter? I had not related the problem of coloration of my David with this until now, as it is a flat color can't lose anything and I don't know if it can be the same issue, as nobody as far I know had the same problem I can't contrast information. Make it clear that I don't know anything about silicone and I don't want to start rumors or unfounded worries but with the theory of TheOtherDude that the materials may have not been catalyzed correctly and the material is not well sealed, it could be an explanation...
And what worries me about the GITD is its nature, the silicone compound "Glow Worm" does not say what its ingredients are. I've searched on google and the most common GITD compound is zinc sulfide, which says it's a bit radioactive :bugeyed:
Does anyone have a geiger counter? lol
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:02 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I think you should likely be fine. The vagina is self cleaning and you likely insert other stuff you dont know about during sex and toying sessions (like dust, hair, etc) so a few pieces of tiny, ultra fine glitter probably won't be any different as long as you clean yourself after toying (like you should anyway!)
I'm not saying it isn't a concern like everything else that could be introduced into your body, but i think if it's just a few flecks like whats on your hand (also from vigorous rubbing, as you've said) you are likely to be fine :)
Hope it eases your mind a little~

Villie wrote:If we're talking about vaginal, it kinda self cleans and sheds off the wall and will expel out any gunk. So bits of glitter will eventually leave the body. I'd imagine certain pigments can still irritate the body a bit, though :doh:

That's good to hear, thank you both!

Only one little dinky problem is that the toy has a flared, blunt head so it did some good rubbing when I got it in. *takes another shower* MUST. KEEP. CLEANING.

Villie wrote:In other news, I rubbed at all my toys that contain dazzle/glitter/pearls and didn't have anything rub off, yay! Same with my toys that have GITD

taulanaewn wrote:Reading this and seeing my new glittery toys had me pretty concerned but it came off clear after a couple washes.

If I remember correctly, BD doesn't accept toys returned to them even if it's still in the bag. I think at least one user on the forums said they wanted to return a toy because they didn't like how their custom came out, but BD denied it even if it wasn't taken out of the bag. Can't remember exact reason and memory's super fuzzy on that.

But point is, I doubt they'll want to personally inspect it, especially after I used it.

Also I'm glad that none of your toys are affected. Same to other users who have also checked their toys.
Though like Harbenz and other users have said, the GITD pigment is worrying so... yeahhhhh I think we need more disclaimers and information on the site for these toys.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Argh!
The poxing pink glitter from OVER A YEAR AGO is on my soft david :doh: :doh:

Huh

What firmness are the "leaking" toys?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:26 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Argh!

Huh

Mine is a soft.

Don't know about the other toys that people have mentioned.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Argh!

Huh

Mine is medium, 5º kind color and leaks green
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:37 pm

New newsletter is going out!

They indeed are going to do a boxing day sale again, details coming on 25th.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Anyone have anything they plan on getting :nomnom: ?

I would've finished my wishlist with a Small/firm Zaratan & Medium/medium Zaratan or even a Medium/firm Zaratan if I was crazy enough. And then a Neapolitan Ice Cream Hunter either in soft or medium firmness. All with suction cups~~

► Show Spoiler
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:32 am

An IRL friend who isn't on the forum just bought his first BD toy! He got a S/5 Fenrir in Ultraviolet. I take full responsibility for this :smile:

Now I just have to convince him to get rid of his old toys that aren't made from silicone... One step at a time!
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
RainbowNanaki

Postby RainbowNanaki » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 am

Boxing day sale confirmed, huh? Now to decide between Spritz and Crash..
gay/23/transguy/extremely single
:misc6: :eyeroll:

My Toys

► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Tempest wrote:An IRL friend who isn't on the forum just bought his first BD toy! He got a S/5 Fenrir in Ultraviolet. I take full responsibility for this :smile:

Now I just have to convince him to get rid of his old toys that aren't made from silicone... One step at a time!

once they try Fenrir they will make the switch. i never knew how much my old toys sucked until i got my Tucker. I never realized how much inferior materials burned until i got my first silicone toy.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:25 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Tempest wrote:An IRL friend who isn't on the forum just bought his first BD toy! He got a S/5 Fenrir in Ultraviolet. I take full responsibility for this :smile:

once they try Fenrir they will make the switch. i never knew how much my old toys sucked until i got my Tucker. I never realized how much inferior materials burned until i got my first silicone toy.

Yeah even before I switched over my whole collection to silicone I had to use condoms on most of my toys. The rubber ones didn't burn but they still couldn't be properly sanitized so I knew they had a limited shelf life.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:34 pm

RainbowNanaki wrote:Boxing day sale confirmed, huh? Now to decide between Spritz and Crash..

Crash is a fun toy, but sometimes the plates on its knot can be a bit abrasive. Those same plates can also be amazing, i guess it depends what day it is. :smile:

I have been looking at Spritz for years now i may have to pick one up.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Villie

Postby Villie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:34 pm

I've been looking into the 'less popular" models lately and debating trying out some of the ones I always forget about LOL.

Like... apollo, scorn, kage...maybe a soft kippy...
PM me! Image

Return to “General Discussion”