/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1159
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Villie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:35 am

spiralcatfox wrote:
Villie wrote:Does anyone have a link to a list of the other months colors? Wanna see if I should wait out for a color later this month or not haha



Theres this thread available that lists all of bds sale and signature colors: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=42919

*Page one has the birthstone, and gitd colors

*Page two has holiday and a lot of limited edition colors

*Page 5 has zodiac, holiday, movie/game based, and some dessert colors

*Page six has some examples of the unity, and holiday colors

*Page seven has game, movie, and dessert colors

You're the best as always :nomnom:
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
Robiland
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:23 pm
Gender: M

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Robiland » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:56 am

spiralcatfox wrote:
Robiland wrote:Ah dang, gotta wait for april till diamond then. Maybe I'll get lucky for the year in review but I doubt it. Was kinda wishing it'd be a month long and all the colours but nope.



I'm pretty sure you'll be able to order a diamond toy next week, at the soonest, actually. :laugh:


Yeah I'm aware, it's just not in the budget for next week. Too close to my last big luxury purchases. Probably going to wait till april and get an f-machine instead of more toys anyway so it's for the best.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:47 pm

The only two I really want are in this week's sale, and I couldn't even afford the "lovely" 100 AUD shipping with what I have. XD Goddammit. XD

*Wants a large Nova in Champagne Cake.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:You can only calculate diameter and circumference from each other if the toy's cross section is a perfect circle. If it's oblong at all, the circumference will be smaller than the maximum diameter times pi.

Butts and vaginas tend to care more about circumference than diameter, so that's the stat I pay attention to. Plus, circumference is much easier to measure than diameter, unless you have calipers.

Thanks so very much for breaking this down =^D!
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
KnotyDes
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South of SF

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:06 pm

how wobbley is a large or XL Zartan in soft?
My collection
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DaedraQueen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:The only two I really want are in this week's sale, and I couldn't even afford the "lovely" 100 AUD shipping with what I have. XD Goddammit. XD

*Wants a large Nova in Champagne Cake.


Holy shit it costs 100AUD just to be shipped??
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:13 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:The only two I really want are in this week's sale, and I couldn't even afford the "lovely" 100 AUD shipping with what I have. XD Goddammit. XD

*Wants a large Nova in Champagne Cake.


Holy shit it costs 100AUD just to be shipped??


In some cases, yes. For the Nova, it would be 80 bucks for the cheapest shipping, with the current rate of currency conversion, that puts it to 101 AUD. Shipping NEVER used to be this extreme with BD and it's really putting me off. I had to buy something like 12 toys from EE before shipping became that expensive. Really boggle the mind why it costs BD almost double/triple the amount to ship a single toy than it does for another company.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DaedraQueen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:The only two I really want are in this week's sale, and I couldn't even afford the "lovely" 100 AUD shipping with what I have. XD Goddammit. XD

*Wants a large Nova in Champagne Cake.


Holy shit it costs 100AUD just to be shipped??


In some cases, yes. For the Nova, it would be 80 bucks for the cheapest shipping, with the current rate of currency conversion, that puts it to 101 AUD. Shipping NEVER used to be this extreme with BD and it's really putting me off. I had to buy something like 12 toys from EE before shipping became that expensive. Really boggle the mind why it costs BD almost double/triple the amount to ship a single toy than it does for another company.


Jeeeze I'm sorry dasher! Yeah that's mental I wonder why it's so much to ship to Australia, I just calculated how much it would be to ship to my best friend in scotland and its no where near what you would pay! I know austraila is further away but still!
Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 20.24.14.png
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:40 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:
Jeeeze I'm sorry dasher! Yeah that's mental I wonder why it's so much to ship to Australia, I just calculated how much it would be to ship to my best friend in scotland and its no where near what you would pay! I know austraila is further away but still!
Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 20.24.14.png


Honestly, I could have someone in the US buy for me, have it shipped to them, have them mail the box back out to me at probably half the cost. It doesn't make sense why 1 toy from BD costs so much to send when I have to buy like a dozen toys from EE before shipping prices match what BD tries to charge.

It definitely depends on how they're sending it. Like, I had a friend send me some pony goodies recently, from the US. A big box of stuff cost her 60 bucks to send, while another friend mailed a card and 2 Ty beanies and it cost him almost 80. I found that a bit crazy, too.

Edit: I want to say it's where I am that is causing the issue, too...not sure. A couple of years back, a few folks from Sydney said it cost them 30 USD to ship a toy or two, but here, in Tas, it was coming up between 75 - 85 AUD for the same thing. Still, we're not *that* far off the mainland. Still, it's making me really consider not buying from BD anymore directly. The shipping is just so much more than other conpanies charge.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DaedraQueen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Jeeeze I'm sorry dasher! Yeah that's mental I wonder why it's so much to ship to Australia, I just calculated how much it would be to ship to my best friend in scotland and its no where near what you would pay! I know austraila is further away but still!
Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 20.24.14.png


Honestly, I could have someone in the US buy for me, have it shipped to them, have them mail the box back out to me at probably half the cost. It doesn't make sense why 1 toy from BD costs so much to send when I have to buy like a dozen toys from EE before shipping prices match what BD tries to charge.

It definitely depends on how they're sending it. Like, I had a friend send me some pony goodies recently, from the US. A big box of stuff cost her 60 bucks to send, while another friend mailed a card and 2 Ty beanies and it cost him almost 80. I found that a bit crazy, too.

Edit: I want to say it's where I am that is causing the issue, too...not sure. A couple of years back, a few folks from Sydney said it cost them 30 USD to ship a toy or two, but here, in Tas, it was coming up between 75 - 85 AUD for the same thing. Still, we're not *that* far off the mainland. Still, it's making me really consider not buying from BD anymore directly. The shipping is just so much more than other conpanies charge.



Yeah thats kinda ridiculous! I wish BD had a choose your own delivery company but then that comes with its own set of problems! Yeah I guess it must make it easier with the dragon-hoard forums but then it opens the not quite what you want :crying:
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:

Yeah thats kinda ridiculous! I wish BD had a choose your own delivery company but then that comes with its own set of problems! Yeah I guess it must make it easier with the dragon-hoard forums but then it opens the not quite what you want :crying:


It is. Ah well, nothing I can do about it.

It's funny, I just sold 3 toys on DH, but it *still* isn't enough for that Nova + shipping. XD Well, if I throw in the 100 I got as Christmas money, I'd have just enough. Trying to decide if it's worth it. Wouldn't mind being able to get two toys at once, just to save on shipping.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Phelvia » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:02 am

I have to laugh. There's a reddit post about waiting a month for their toy and these are the replies;

You're buying something handmade from a small company around Christmas...
^
I hope that they'll get bigger someday though, because the waiting is always awful



I don't like the reddit for BD (not organized for looking for things, not a fan of seeing in use toys, other stuff) but sometimes I go on there to see the secondhand.

I seen this post and I'm just :laugh:
Man, I remember when more than a month was the norm. On Christmas, that wait time would definitely be like...2 months or more?

I dunno which is more amusing to me, people thinking BD is a small company or that 1 month waits are terrible.


Just thought to share this here to see if I'm the only one that finds this funny.
Tempest
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 pm
Gender: Dude
Location: California

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Tempest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:08 am

Phelvia wrote:I have to laugh. There's a reddit post about waiting a month for their toy and these are the replies;

You're buying something handmade from a small company around Christmas...
^
I hope that they'll get bigger someday though, because the waiting is always awful



I don't like the reddit for BD (not organized for looking for things, not a fan of seeing in use toys, other stuff) but sometimes I go on there to see the secondhand.

I seen this post and I'm just :laugh:
Man, I remember when more than a month was the norm. On Christmas, that wait time would definitely be like...2 months or more?

I dunno which is more amusing to me, people thinking BD is a small company or that 1 month waits are terrible.


Just thought to share this here to see if I'm the only one that finds this funny.

I'm amused too. I lurk on a handful of Reddit communities and when browsing BD I swear there are like 5 separate "omg the wait is soooooooooo long" posts on the first 3 pages of /r/BadDragon. Most of the comments are in the vein of the one you quoted, but it also shows that the posters aren't bothering to even skim the threads that are already there before making their own threads.

I dunno, maybe that's petty of me but I've been laid up for 3 days with a fever and I'm feeling petty :stick:
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
User avatar
thesharkwhisperer
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:18 am

Phelvia wrote:I dunno which is more amusing to me, people thinking BD is a small company or that 1 month waits are terrible.

Just thought to share this here to see if I'm the only one that finds this funny.

Sounds like they are talking about an etsy page :laugh: I have also never seen so many people complaining about a month wait before. I mean, even outside of the holiday rush this isn't a long time to wait.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
User avatar
KnotyDes
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South of SF

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:02 pm

it is pretty silly to see all the complaining about the wait.
my worst wait was for my Flarded chance ordered at the beginning of November shipped in January. it was flopped twice and i guess you could say that BD was a "smaller" company 2+ years ago? i guess we are getting spoiled.

FB was still my absolute worst. I got off lucky and "only" waited like 3 months.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DaedraQueen » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:22 pm

KnotyDes wrote:it is pretty silly to see all the complaining about the wait.
my worst wait was for my Flarded chance ordered at the beginning of November shipped in January. it was flopped twice and i guess you could say that BD was a "smaller" company 2+ years ago? i guess we are getting spoiled.

FB was still my absolute worst. I got off lucky and "only" waited like 3 months.



Yeah I feel rather grateful that ive never waited longer than two weeks for a custom, my quickest was my first custom which was made and at my place in 5 days! But hey waiting is part of the fun, Im wondering if mine will be done before February!
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
KnotyDes
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South of SF

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:32 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:Yeah I feel rather grateful that ive never waited longer than two weeks for a custom, my quickest was my first custom which was made and at my place in 5 days! But hey waiting is part of the fun, Im wondering if mine will be done before February!

my quickest was my Axel it was shipped the same week i ordered it. which surprised me since it was only a few days after the toy was released.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:Yeah I feel rather grateful that ive never waited longer than two weeks for a custom, my quickest was my first custom which was made and at my place in 5 days! But hey waiting is part of the fun, Im wondering if mine will be done before February!

my quickest was my Axel it was shipped the same week i ordered it. which surprised me since it was only a few days after the toy was released.


Quickest here was my first order, back in 2015. 6 customs, one of them flopped once, they shipped in 1.5 weeks. Longest wait was for my custom large Xar who took right at 2 months exactly.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DaedraQueen » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:10 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:Yeah I feel rather grateful that ive never waited longer than two weeks for a custom, my quickest was my first custom which was made and at my place in 5 days! But hey waiting is part of the fun, Im wondering if mine will be done before February!

my quickest was my Axel it was shipped the same week i ordered it. which surprised me since it was only a few days after the toy was released.


Quickest here was my first order, back in 2015. 6 customs, one of them flopped once, they shipped in 1.5 weeks. Longest wait was for my custom large Xar who took right at 2 months exactly.


Ohhhhh, that was pretty good though for 6
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Grimly Fiendish
Posts: 902
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 pm
Location: Ogresville

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Fastest time for me with a custom order was less than a week (before shipping). Ordered at the end of June. Summer must be the slow time of year, and a good time to make an order.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests