/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
CakeLurker

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Darkenedstar14 wrote:So i noticed that this year's amethyst is a lot different compared to previous years. I got my amethyst Kage when be birthstone colors were introduced and it's a marble of two different shade of purple. This is a solid shade but with what seems like silver dust.

It this something they did before and I'm only just now noticing? Did they do something similar with January's Garnett? Or is it just this?

They added silver dazzle to it. If there are any other changes, it's not in the color descriptions:

Amethyst Legacy = "A light metallic purple color."
2018's Amethyst = "A light metallic purple color with silver dazzle."

Same goes for Garnet & Garnet Legacy. Not sure why it would look marbled. Maybe it's how the metallic effect swirls sometimes? I dunno.
Darkenedstar14

Postby Darkenedstar14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 am

CakeLurker wrote:
Darkenedstar14 wrote:So i noticed that this year's amethyst is a lot different compared to previous years. I got my amethyst Kage when be birthstone colors were introduced and it's a marble of two different shade of purple. This is a solid shade but with what seems like silver dust.

It this something they did before and I'm only just now noticing? Did they do something similar with January's Garnett? Or is it just this?

They added silver dazzle to it. If there are any other changes, it's not in the color descriptions:

Same goes for Garnet & Garnet Legacy. Not sure why it would look marbled. Maybe it's how the metallic effect swirls sometimes? I dunno.

The legacy is/was a marble.

It's subtle, but it is a marble.
•~•Have you seen all the new CockSocks yet?•~•

Swag Wish List
Teenie - Weenies:
David ~ "Gunner" (I know they're out there...)

See Profile Page for Secondhand Info!
Villie

Postby Villie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:03 am

Darkenedstar14 wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:

The legacy is/was a marble.

It's subtle, but it is a marble.

Can you take a picture of the bottom of the base?
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
katze

Postby katze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Legacy amethyst is not a marble, it’s just the metallic effect. I have a legacy amethyst toy myself.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Darkenedstar14

Postby Darkenedstar14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:09 pm

katze wrote:Legacy amethyst is not a marble, it’s just the metallic effect. I have a legacy amethyst toy myself.

Does the metallic effect cause a toy to turn a slightly different shade?

I'll dig Kage out again tonight after class, but it really so look like a marble to me.

Swag Wish List
Teenie - Weenies:

Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Darkenedstar14 wrote:
katze wrote:Legacy amethyst is not a marble, it’s just the metallic effect. I have a legacy amethyst toy myself.

I'll dig Kage out again tonight after class, but it really so look like a marble to me.

I'm not sure about amethyst, but I know ruby was a marble. You can clearly see two different shades in every pic of the color. I wonder if that'll be different. Silver glitter being added is the biggest change I'm noticing with that line of colors.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Darkenedstar14

Postby Darkenedstar14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Niah wrote:
Darkenedstar14 wrote:

I'm not sure about amethyst, but I know ruby was a marble. You can clearly see two different shades in every pic of the color. I wonder if that'll be different. Silver glitter being added is the biggest change I'm noticing with that line of colors.

Okay so just took these pics for the Great Marble Debate:

Is this not a marble?

Swag Wish List
Teenie - Weenies:

TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Big amounts of sloppily mixed in metallic additive do sometimes look like a marble, but for BD's customization rules purposes, it classifies as a single color.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Darkenedstar14 wrote:
Niah wrote:
Darkenedstar14 wrote:Does the metallic effect cause a toy to turn a slightly different shade?

Is this not a marble?

Yeah, as TheOtherDude said, that's not a marble considering how marble is used with BD. I have a mini Sleipnir in a metallic green color and I wouldn't classify it as a marble despite all the lines in it; same with a few other metallics I have.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
katze

Postby katze » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Darkenedstar14 wrote:
Niah wrote:
Darkenedstar14 wrote:Does the metallic effect cause a toy to turn a slightly different shade?

Is this not a marble?

Nope! Single color! The swirls from the metallic additive can make it confusing though.

I have a toy that’s a fade from Amethyst to Jupiter, and that wouldn’t be possible if Amethyst was a marble.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Darkenedstar14

Postby Darkenedstar14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm

katze wrote:Nope! Single color! The swirls from the metallic additive can make it confusing though.

I have a toy that’s a fade from Amethyst to Jupiter, and that wouldn’t be possible if Amethyst was a marble.

True, that would be tough.

So then I wonder if they're doing the silver dust effect (Something similar to it) to avoid pours like this messy boy here.

Swag Wish List
Teenie - Weenies:

Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:04 pm

I personally love the layering effect that metallics can have. It makes the colors more complex looking. It's not a marble though.

Which reminds me, seems like BD has a particular approach to marbles which I don't really love... seems like the official policy is "blending is bad" but in my opinion, blending marbles is good. In Clearance, you can usually see complex marbles with lots of swirls and blending going on, listed as Rogue colors. I wish that was an option for all marbles. The more complex the coloration, usually the more I like it. I don't really like "blocky" marbles, but that's what seems to be the goal.
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:I personally love the layering effect that metallics can have. It makes the colors more complex looking. It's not a marble though.

Which reminds me, seems like BD has a particular approach to marbles which I don't really love... seems like the official policy is "blending is bad" but in my opinion, blending marbles is good. In Clearance, you can usually see complex marbles with lots of swirls and blending going on, listed as Rogue colors. I wish that was an option for all marbles. The more complex the coloration, usually the more I like it. I don't really like "blocky" marbles, but that's what seems to be the goal.

I love the complex blending too. That's why I caved and snagged that Fenrir off adoptions over the weekend. I'm worried about how my Guardian in Shogaru is going to look because of their blocky marble policy. I hope that since it's three colors it'll work better.

taulanaewn

Postby taulanaewn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 am

Interesting that they're really not supposed to stir the marbles... pretty sure my Surprise Me Nox was stirred and it's quite possibly the prettiest toy I'll ever own.

However, Surprise Me does grant the artisan more freedom.

I like the more blended marbles myself. Not too much of a fan of the blocks, but wispy is fine as well.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Which reminds me, seems like BD has a particular approach to marbles which I don't really love... seems like the official policy is "blending is bad" but in my opinion, blending marbles is good. In Clearance, you can usually see complex marbles with lots of swirls and blending going on, listed as Rogue colors. I wish that was an option for all marbles. The more complex the coloration, usually the more I like it. I don't really like "blocky" marbles, but that's what seems to be the goal.

My solar flare Axel turned out really blocky which is kinda awkward. The red and blue kinda clash too much. I think it would have turned out way better if the colors were swirled and blended. I have grown used to it but when I first got it was very meh.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:47 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Grimly Fiendish wrote:Which reminds me, seems like BD has a particular approach to marbles which I don't really love... seems like the official policy is "blending is bad" but in my opinion, blending marbles is good. In Clearance, you can usually see complex marbles with lots of swirls and blending going on, listed as Rogue colors. I wish that was an option for all marbles. The more complex the coloration, usually the more I like it. I don't really like "blocky" marbles, but that's what seems to be the goal.

My solar flare Axel turned out really blocky which is kinda awkward. The red and blue kinda clash too much. I think it would have turned out way better if the colors were swirled and blended. I have grown used to it but when I first got it was very meh.

Now I'm more worried about my Shogaru Guardian. I wouldn't mind the blocks of white and black, but I'd like the yellow to be more swirled in and not in big chunks.

Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:10 pm

Aah! Look at the incredible base of my new Crash! :misc2: :misc2: :misc2: :misc2:

received_10215755785069907.jpeg

My jaw dropped when I saw it! :excited:
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Slaanesh wrote:Aah! Look at the incredible base of my new Crash! :misc2: :misc2: :misc2: :misc2:

received_10215755785069907.jpeg

My jaw dropped when I saw it! :excited:

Nice! I would've expected some brown colors to show up on the base but it looks like yummy orange candy! :misc2: :nomnom:
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Uhm...it'd be nice if the new penetrable Zoie had an interior view.....

:/

Edit; nvm

*reads story* erm....is she dancer?

Sorry for the edits >_>
Last edited by Phelvia on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tzern

Postby tzern » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Yeah, they forgot the cross-section lol

Return to “General Discussion”