/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
CakeLurker

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:32 am

Does the current version of Glyph the gryphon have printer texture? The old printer texture list doesn't list it, it only lists the legacy version.
reine

Postby reine » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 am

CakeLurker wrote:Does the current version of Glyph the gryphon have printer texture? The old printer texture list doesn't list it, it only lists the legacy version.

I own a small, medium, and large of the current Gryphon, and none of them have printer texture! Not sure about the XL, but it looks smooth in the photos, so I would assume it doesn't have much in the way of printer texture, either.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 am

reine wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:Does the current version of Glyph the gryphon have printer texture? The old printer texture list doesn't list it, it only lists the legacy version.

I own a small, medium, and large of the current Gryphon, and none of them have printer texture! Not sure about the XL, but it looks smooth in the photos, so I would assume it doesn't have much in the way of printer texture, either.

Thanks! :widesmile: I see some lines on the store page on where you can zoom in on the natural (but none on signature color) but wasn't quite sure about it so I thought I'd ask.

I might give the small a go so this is exciting news
Ty! :widesmile:
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm super sensitive to PT, and had a small Gryphon. He's not glass smooth like, say pierce or bumble, but it's not that rough, grabby texture like the older toys have. He's smooth :widesmile:

Same. Bur now you got me even more curious how its gonna feel now since I'm super used to glass-smooth roys now. Now to decide on firmness now haha. :laugh:

Out of curiosity, what firmness is yours? I'm most likely to go with soft but I'm flexible
PreacherWerewolf

Postby PreacherWerewolf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

So. My first custom arrived Saturday. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen yet but checking the order slip 2 of my custom colors are not colors I picked? I ordered Bone/Goldenrod shaft with a Chocolate base...the order form I was sent says Goldenrod/COCONUT with an OYNX base. At the least they tried to match the colors so it's just different tones of the colors I wanted and not like say..I wanted pink and got purple. I'm probably nitpicking at this point.

Also. I did ask for pearlescence and it didn't get included. Not a huge deal since it is free but..yanno, I kinda wanted it cuz of the theme I had going on for the toy.
Currently Own:
    S/3 REX in Surprise Me
    S/3 DAVID in Custom Marble
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:13 pm

PreacherWerewolf wrote:So. My first custom arrived Saturday. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen yet but checking the order slip 2 of my custom colors are not colors I picked? I ordered Bone/Goldenrod shaft with a Chocolate base...the order form I was sent says Goldenrod/COCONUT with an OYNX base. At the least they tried to match the colors so it's just different tones of the colors I wanted and not like say..I wanted pink and got purple. I'm probably nitpicking at this point.

Also. I did ask for pearlescence and it didn't get included. Not a huge deal since it is free but..yanno, I kinda wanted it cuz of the theme I had going on for the toy.

You should ticket customer service and let them know about the colors :<
PreacherWerewolf

Postby PreacherWerewolf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:57 pm

spiralcatfox wrote:
PreacherWerewolf wrote:So. My first custom arrived Saturday. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen yet but checking the order slip 2 of my custom colors are not colors I picked? I ordered Bone/Goldenrod shaft with a Chocolate base...the order form I was sent says Goldenrod/COCONUT with an OYNX base. At the least they tried to match the colors so it's just different tones of the colors I wanted and not like say..I wanted pink and got purple. I'm probably nitpicking at this point.

What kind of really upset me was this dropping in the last Clearance drop.

Aside from the base these colors seem..more accurate to what I ordered, I wanted Bone because it was the brighter white and I went through the standard custom color thread here to pick it.
The brown though, is what has me confused. Chocolate and Ebony ( I wrote onyx but going back through the custom color thread it appears more ebony) don't really look alike???
Currently Own:
    S/3 REX in Surprise Me
Villie

Postby Villie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:09 pm

PreacherWerewolf wrote:
spiralcatfox wrote:

What kind of really upset me was this dropping in the last Clearance drop.

Aside from the base these colors seem..more accurate to what I ordered, I wanted Bone because it was the brighter white and I went through the standard custom color thread here to pick it.
The brown though, is what has me confused. Chocolate and Ebony ( I wrote onyx but going back through the custom color thread it appears more ebony) don't really look alike???

Definitely contact CS about it! If you ordered specific inhouse colors like that and got the wrong ones, they should offer you a free repour (you get to keep the wrong one too) or possibly a partial refund.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Yup. Old, long story short: Ordered a custom Moko at 150% original cost. Spent 2 weeks going back and forth with CS, approving colour swatches THEY picked. A month later, I get the toy. It's sloppy and the colours aren't even close. The goldenrod colour I wanted/approved was in the toy, sparringly, as a very light yellow. 8 months later, legacy drop! Oh, look; there's two of the exact toy I ordered, colours matching perfectly! Had to pay 200+ to get the toy I'd originally ordered. The community urged me to go to CS, who eventually admitted they sent me the shitty pour and kept the best ones for the drop. I got 30 dollars credit and a "sorry". They don't always offer a free repour, either.

Can you comapre the one you ordered against the adoption pic?
Last edited by Rainbow Dasher on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
reine

Postby reine » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Definitely ticket about it, especially since the order slip has the wrong colours on it! If you get your toy remade, they'll send you the extra for free, and if you're outside of the US, it also won't have any customs fees attached. That's really disappointing! :<

All of these posts about botched colours and missing extras (dazzle, pearlescence, etc.) have me really worried... I wanted to order some customs, but a few of them would require a ticket, and I feel like they'd probably fuck up all of them now. :sniffing:

I've gotten a few botched customs already, and they've been really good to me about sending me replacements, so it's at least worth a shot to ticket.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
PreacherWerewolf

Postby PreacherWerewolf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
PreacherWerewolf wrote: :words:

Yup. Old, long story short: Ordered a custom Moko at 150% original cost. Spent 2 weeks going back and forth with CS, approving colour swatches THEY picked. A month later, I get the toy. It's sloppy and the colours aren't even close. The goldenrod colour I wanted/approved was in the toy, sparringly, as a very light yellow. 8 months later, legacy drop! Oh, look; there's two of the exact toy I ordered, colours matching perfectly! Had to pay 200+ to get the toy I'd originally ordered. The community urged me to go to CS, who eventually admitted they sent me the shitty pour and kept the best ones for the drop. I got 30 dollars credit and a "sorry". They don't always offer a free repour, either.

Can you comapre the one you ordered against the adoption pic?

This is the one I received. Image

The white is pretty muted, but maybe that is because it is in Soft? I feel like because the order slip even listed the wrong colors they will probably tell me either 1 its close or 2 they just followed the order slip, since I don't think there is a way to prove the colors I chose from my BD account since it only says "custom split marble" on the site invoice.
And WOW. That is just awful! I'm sorry you ended up getting shafted(no pun intended) in that custom, especially considering the high mark up for a legacy :unamused:
Currently Own:
    S/3 REX in Surprise Me
PreacherWerewolf

Postby PreacherWerewolf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:58 pm

reine wrote:Definitely ticket about it, especially since the order slip has the wrong colours on it! If you get your toy remade, they'll send you the extra for free, and if you're outside of the US, it also won't have any customs fees attached. That's really disappointing! :<

All of these posts about botched colours and missing extras (dazzle, pearlescence, etc.) have me really worried... I wanted to order some customs, but a few of them would require a ticket, and I feel like they'd probably fuck up all of them now. :sniffing:

I've gotten a few botched customs already, and they've been really good to me about sending me replacements, so it's at least worth a shot to ticket.

Yea. I will still make the attempt at a ticket. My David isn't an ugly toy, but he was supposed to be modeled off a Lemon Meringue Pie, so the chocolate base was supposed to be like a graham cracker crust, and the white is the topping. If they would have told me "hey we dont have these colors would you like to try a diff color instead" I would have been fine. But changing my order slip is just.... :psyduck:
Currently Own:
    S/3 REX in Surprise Me
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 pm

PreacherWerewolf wrote:This is the one I received.
► Show Spoiler

Um... the base looks like a dark brown to me? Far from black? Or maybe that's the phone pic idk. :psyduck: Either way it's not chocolate (which would look like milk chocolate candy) and it's possible they accidentally used either Ebony, Coffee, or maybe even the Valentine's Day Dark Chocolate. The last one is actually available year round as a free color, so maybe they mixed it up with the normal Chocolate you wanted? :psyduck:
PreacherWerewolf wrote:What kind of really upset me was this dropping in the last Clearance drop.
► Show Spoiler

The rogue you pictured looks too blue for it to be Bone White, which is actually a yellowish-white color. And unless my eyes deceive me, it also looks like the marble has 3 colors: yellow, light grey or off-white (hard to describe), and blue. Or it could be the way the yellow is mixing with the blue to produce the grey, idk. Either way it looks more like a toy loosely inspired from yours but with some changes. But if those are the colors you actually wanted, then by all means ticket CS and they could try to match it or show you all possible colors to get to what you want.

Admittedly there aren't a lot of white colors to choose from on the store page (and by extension, my thread, which I think is what you're referencing?) but there are plenty more if you decide to mix-and-match the whites from promo colors, naturals, signatures, etc. via a ticket to Customer Support. The thread only lists the main 56 colors that you can use to make a custom toy with the website's tools without a ticket to CS, but there are plenty more options beyond them. They just require a ticket though, which I don't usually list (BD Gallery Thread already does that and it's meant for that purpose) unless it's something like Brilliant White where it was offered as a standard color and then later taken down (albeit only for a short time though).

Super sorry for the mix-up with your custom though. But like everybody else has said, ticket CS and see how things turn out. Looks like an innocent mistake to me though, nothing malicious. Good luck!

EDIT: Actually the grey is a little yellow-y so maybe it is also Bone or Coconut or maybe just the way the yellow marbles but there's still some blue in there. But my eyes are bad with light colors X_X
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 am

The adoption (clearance) toy doesn't have a split color base, so it's obviously not a double of your toy.

When you ordered your toy (custom order) were you working with customer service directly? You're not limited to Bone and Coconut for 'whites', unless you're using the standard swatches, which don't require help from customer service.
Villie

Postby Villie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:16 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:The adoption (clearance) toy doesn't have a split color base, so it's obviously not a double of your toy.

When you ordered your toy (custom order) were you working with customer service directly? You're not limited to Bone and Coconut for 'whites', unless you're using the standard swatches, which don't require help from customer service.

They mentioned they had added pearlesence, so I assume they did contact CS for that
PM me! Image
Villie

Postby Villie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 am

Screenshot_20180417-112652_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180417-112529_Chrome.jpg

Did one with goldenrod coconut onyx and other with goldenrod bone chocolate hrmm

Honestly I almost feel like the shaft on the David they got IS in goldenrod and bone
Bone is kind of yellowish

Theres a color called rare white that's actually like... White. Or celestial light which is a kind of creamy translucent white hmm

But yeah, I honestly feel like they made the base Dark Chocolate instead of the standard chocolate.
I had a similar thing happen there I ordered blossom pink and they accidentally gave me cherry blossom.

No idea why the color names were changed around on the order form though. I know when you order something through tickets you select colors and they change the individual color codes for you, but I've never seen them change something like... bone to coconut. Weird.
PM me! Image
PreacherWerewolf

Postby PreacherWerewolf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:The adoption (clearance) toy doesn't have a split color base, so it's obviously not a double of your toy.

I used the standard swatches from the site when I ordered. I contacted CS later to add the pearlescent to it.
Currently Own:
    S/3 REX in Surprise Me
PreacherWerewolf

Postby PreacherWerewolf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Villie wrote:
Screenshot_20180417-112652_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180417-112529_Chrome.jpg

Did one with goldenrod coconut onyx and other with goldenrod bone chocolate hrmm

Honestly I almost feel like the shaft on the David they got IS in goldenrod and bone
Bone is kind of yellowish

Theres a color called rare white that's actually like... White. Or celestial light which is a kind of creamy translucent white hmm

But yeah, I honestly feel like they made the base Dark Chocolate instead of the standard chocolate.
I had a similar thing happen there I ordered blossom pink and they accidentally gave me cherry blossom.

No idea why the color names were changed around on the order form though. I know when you order something through tickets you select colors and they change the individual color codes for you, but I've never seen them change something like... bone to coconut. Weird.

Thanks! The shaft looks pretty close so I guess the browns were possibly a leftover. I prdered using BDs website with the swatches and only asked CS if I could have the pearl added. Thats why I thought it weird they changed the color names and such on the order slip.
Currently Own:
    S/3 REX in Surprise Me
PreacherWerewolf

Postby PreacherWerewolf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied about my custom. I really appreciate it! It was my first so I didn't know how the world of custom ordering goes. :blush:
Currently Own:
    S/3 REX in Surprise Me
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 pm

honestly, just put in a ticket saying they got the colors wrong, get a repour.
i had a repour done just because im a picky bitch and they got the spooky seconds color wrong. and so what?? i paid over $100 for a DILDO. A CUSTOM, MADE DILDO.
ITS MONEY.
ITS MONEY YOU COULD HAVE USED TO GET ANYTHING ELSE YET, YOU CHOSE TO BUY FROM THEIR COMPANY, AND THEY ARE DOING THEIR JOB WRONG.

its YOUR loss for not acting against it.
its THEIR loss for having to remake a order because of their mistake.

they really need to get their act together, and if you (not just this user, but as a community) dont act against it, its your fault for letting them get away with things like this on others orders and especially your future orders.
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )

Return to “General Discussion”