/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Villie

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Villie » Mon May 07, 2018 4:55 am

I've never been into a like... real club type place, so I hope I'll have club-appropriate wear so I'll be allowed in for the bad dragon anniversary party hahaha.

Who else is going to BLFC? I'm nervous but excited! Never flew this far before
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Bulbasaur

Postby Bulbasaur » Mon May 07, 2018 7:12 am

Padre wrote:Make sure you give it a test to see whether it's genuine platinum grade silicone! Amazon vendors are notorious for selling cheaply made replicas of big sex toy brands, there's little knowing what one gets in the end, especially since you said it's even softer than the BD original you own. [x]
You could do the flame test, but seeing how penetrables are super soft it would probably be easier and safer to just store it in direct contact with a BD sample disc for a few days, and see whether it starts leaking anything.

I hope you got the real deal, and everyone please be extra cautious when buying sex toys from Amazon! (Lube and condoms are usually fine to buy from Amazon btw, just for the record.)

It's bad dragon themselves who are selling them on Amazon! :smile:
Padre

Postby Padre » Mon May 07, 2018 8:13 am

Bulbasaur wrote:
Padre wrote:Make sure you give it a test to see whether it's genuine platinum grade silicone! Amazon vendors are notorious for selling cheaply made replicas of big sex toy brands, there's little knowing what one gets in the end, especially since you said it's even softer than the BD original you own. [x]
You could do the flame test, but seeing how penetrables are super soft it would probably be easier and safer to just store it in direct contact with a BD sample disc for a few days, and see whether it starts leaking anything.

I hope you got the real deal, and everyone please be extra cautious when buying sex toys from Amazon! (Lube and condoms are usually fine to buy from Amazon btw, just for the record.)

Seriously? Is there an official statement about that? I'm not quite sure I believe that those aren't just imposters.... What does BD gain from selling from Amazon of all places instead of just out of their inventory page like they do anyway? :psyduck: Tiny bit shady
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Mon May 07, 2018 8:22 am

Padre wrote:
Bulbasaur wrote:

Seriously? Is there an official statement about that? I'm not quite sure I believe that those aren't just imposters.... What does BD gain from selling from Amazon of all places instead of just out of their inventory page like they do anyway? :psyduck: Tiny bit shady

Yes, they've been selling things there for a while now. The seller is listed as Bad Dragon and people have successfully purchased from them before with no issues.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Padre

Postby Padre » Mon May 07, 2018 8:43 am

blushingkitten wrote:
Padre wrote:
Bulbasaur wrote:It's bad dragon themselves who are selling them on Amazon! :smile:

Yes, they've been selling things there for a while now. The seller is listed as Bad Dragon and people have successfully purchased from them before with no issues.

In that case I stand corrected! Very surprised, but corrected. Thanks for the info! :laugh:
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Mon May 07, 2018 10:29 am

In fact if you order via Amazon the costs of shipping and customs is much cheaper, for Europe it's like the standard shipping price of BD, but with customs included.
However, the prices of the penetrables are the old ones, in that case it may not compensate.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
reine

Postby reine » Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 am

I guess someone could ticket BD and ask if they sell through Amazon, but if they've been selling there for a while and nobody's had any issues, then it's probably legit.

I'm kinda tempted by the legacy Mary, but I want one in Onyx (or as close to black as possible), so... the wait continues. :nerdy:
:psyduck:
Bulbasaur

Postby Bulbasaur » Mon May 07, 2018 11:17 am

Padre wrote:In that case I stand corrected! Very surprised, but corrected. Thanks for the info! :laugh:

If you ever want a box branded with bad dragon you'll have to order from Amazon. BD usually ships in plain boxes but since amazon puts your order in a plain box anyway they're packaged in these really nice branded boxes.

I wish they kept it stocked more, but given the recent backlog it's unlikely they'll do that.
Villie

Postby Villie » Mon May 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Bulbasaur wrote:
Padre wrote:In that case I stand corrected! Very surprised, but corrected. Thanks for the info! :laugh:

If you ever want a box branded with bad dragon you'll have to order from Amazon. BD usually ships in plain boxes but since amazon puts your order in a plain box anyway they're packaged in these really nice branded boxes.

I wish they kept it stocked more, but given the recent backlog it's unlikely they'll do that.

Oh damn. Have any pictures?
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Tue May 08, 2018 1:29 pm

What brands of stainless steel pots do you guys use? I can't really tell the difference between cheap pots and, y'know, ones that'll actually last a long time.

Previously I just used a non-stick pot but my mom recently told me that if I'm going to repeatedly boil stuff then I should be using pure stainless steel.

Thoughts?

EDIT: For sterilizing dongs, whoops.
Last edited by CakeLurker on Tue May 08, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulbasaur

Postby Bulbasaur » Tue May 08, 2018 1:36 pm

CakeLurker wrote:What brands of stainless steel pots do you guys use? I can't really tell the difference between cheap pots and, y'know, ones that'll actually last a long time.

Previously I just used a non-stick pot but my mom recently told me that if I'm going to repeatedly boil stuff then I should be using pure stainless steel.

Thoughts?

Are you talking about for cooking? After some uses, a non-stick pot turns into a regular pot. Salt accelerates the process. If you have birds you need to be very careful with non-stick stuff and change them often.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Tue May 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Bulbasaur wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:What brands of stainless steel pots do you guys use? I can't really tell the difference between cheap pots and, y'know, ones that'll actually last a long time.

Thoughts?

Are you talking about for cooking? After some uses, a non-stick pot turns into a regular pot. Salt accelerates the process. If you have birds you need to be very careful with non-stick stuff and change them often.

omg lol I meant for boiling toys. Forgot to mention that.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Thoughts?

EDIT: For sterilizing dongs, whoops.

I think any stainless steel pot from a reputable seller will be fine. You pay extra for sturdier (thicker) pots, and especially on the bottom (where thick material will help diffuse heat, preventing 'hot spots' which cooks hate). IMO, you can do fine with an inexpensive pot... hot spots not really an issue (these toys will not burn). I got a new 10 gallon pot from eBay for about $30 (including shipping) if I recall correctly. Big enough to boil several L toys at the same time. It's not very sturdy, I think it could dent or warp somewhat easily. It's not a worry, I'm careful. A lid helps a lot for speeding things up. You could look for large pots in resale shops and online, but they seem like a hot item among cooks, and might not be easy to find.

BTW, I think it's a good idea to have a pot that's only for toys (no cooking) if possible. That may be too cautious on my part. But I have the storage space and the pot wasn't too expensive. I don't want to cook with pots I boil toys in.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue May 08, 2018 2:38 pm

There are 6 toys in Clearance.

At this point, I think it's safe to assume BD has transitioned away from large in-stock inventories, to focusing on custom orders.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Tue May 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote: :words:

If it's that easy then I'm probably overthinking it then lol. :misc6: :laugh: I've found a few nice lidded pots in store, but just couldn't decide between brands earlier since the one I wanted (KitchenAid) wasn't in the store at the time. It just mostly boils down to choosing between brands since I only know of one and aren't familiar with the others.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Tue May 08, 2018 4:56 pm

[Tweet Here]

Zaratan's up for nomination FUCK YEAH and Demo too~

Hope it wins.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 pm

CakeLurker wrote:Image
[Tweet Here]

Hope it wins.

G'lorp from PH was also nominated. I hope Demo or G'lorp wins!
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
sneks toys

Postby sneks toys » Tue May 08, 2018 8:16 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:Image
[Tweet Here]

Hope it wins.

G'lorp from PH was also nominated. I hope Demo or G'lorp wins!

I hope G'lorp wins, it will definitely bring business to PH and help those who are new to the community find things beyond BD.
F/♋/22/Bi/Monster Fucker
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Tue May 08, 2018 8:36 pm

> zaratan

Really???

at one point there were almost 10 stuck in clearance leftover hell for months,
there could have been ANY other toy, but zaratan? come on.

i understand demogorgan being there but i really dont understand why zaratan, of all toys was nominated.
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Tue May 08, 2018 10:01 pm

meatloaf wrote: :words:

Either:
A) It's a staff favorite or something they put a lot of passion into (remember the behind the scenes video?).

B) They're using a theme. Showcasing the most "out there" monster-themed toys to not only rustle jimmies (sexually and non-sexually) but also make a lasting impression, which helps to not only win the contest but also to attract new customers. And Demogorgon and Zaratan make a good combo.

C) Zaratan's doing poorly and they're trying to boost sales or bring more attention to it.

D) There is an unseen demand. Maybe there are a lot of users buying Zaratan but not posting often, so it may be more popular than we think. Explains stuff like Egg Plug getting an expansion (though that could've been planned since we did have a "Grow your egg plug" video).

E) Other.

F) A combo of the above.

Return to “General Discussion”