/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Faffy the FauxFox

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri May 18, 2018 12:30 pm

shouldn't the art for bumblehooves have the red penis and sugar star be that seafoam color?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri May 18, 2018 12:56 pm

I really love the new signature color! I remember seeing those lovely purple-gold-and-white bumbles in Clearance. Awesome that it became a new signature color. Though I kind of wished that Bumble and Sugar had separate signatures instead of being twins, especially since Sugar's looks too close to Zoie's but I digress. Still a lovely change though.

About dessert color: When life gives you lemons, throw them away and go get a unicorn lol. But for real, RIP Lemon Blueberry cake and HELLO unicorn cake yum :nomnom: Now I'm craving for some cake and it's lunchtime aaa. Might take a try to some dessert store somewhere and buy some cake.

As for the X, Bones, and Wildcard, my vote's on Wildcard kicking the bucket. We already have red and black, so I don't see why Wildcard will last long. Really glad to see splotches are back outside of custom orders, so I'm hoping Bones stays but with a slight color change (the browns are ok, I just want them reversed).

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:shouldn't the art for bumblehooves have the red penis and sugar star be that seafoam color?

A lot of art doesn't reflect the signatures and naturals. Even Echo's art doesn't match its official toy colors, probably due to updates and such, but I'm not sure if Bumble ever had a color update before this one. But I remember some bumbles with fades similar to the official art, but can't remember if they were customs or rogues from Clearance.
Kreature

Postby Kreature » Fri May 18, 2018 1:08 pm

*bursts into tears* Unicorn cake is so beautiful!!! :crying:
| Female | 21 | Polysexual | Newbie Dick Collector | Sergal Lover | Shy & Introverted | Bookworm | Dino/Dragon Fan | Major Daydreamer |

Currently trying to start my own toybox. And figuring out a place to hide it... :bugeyed:

Must haves: Mini Ika, mini Austin, small Tyson, mini Roland, mini Bumblehooves, small Bumblehooves, small Trent, mini Rex, small Rex, small Chance unflared, small Duke, small Razor
Every single dessert-themed design. :smile:
Cenwen

Postby Cenwen » Fri May 18, 2018 1:19 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Faffy the FauxFox wrote:shouldn't the art for bumblehooves have the red penis and sugar star be that seafoam color?

A lot of art doesn't reflect the signatures and naturals. Even Echo's art doesn't match its official toy colors, probably due to updates and such, but I'm not sure if Bumble ever had a color update before this one. But I remember some bumbles with fades similar to the official art, but can't remember if they were customs or rogues from Clearance.

Bumblehooves indeed used to have a white to blue fade as signature. It was called Brazen Mail
(I hope I spelled that correctly… )
(Also: *cough* Shining Armor *cough* :widesmile: )

Niah

Postby Niah » Fri May 18, 2018 2:08 pm

I rather like the new signature color for Bumble Hooves. I'm tempted to order a Lenneth (Ridgeback) in it; that's the last BD toy on my list at the moment. I'm also intrigued by the Bones color. I need to think on it and decide if either are options I want on that model.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Cenwen wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:

Bumblehooves indeed used to have a white to blue fade as signature. It was called Brazen Mail

yeah see. it is closer to it than the other.

were the fades to hard to get right? so now there is a borderline tidepod color?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Fri May 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Cenwen wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:

@Cenwen I'm not saying you're right but seeing as how I made that color :wink:

Also, the new signature may or may not be related to the other colors somehow..... (if you guess who you get an internet cookie)
Cenwen

Postby Cenwen » Fri May 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Hoss wrote:

Also, the new signature may or may not be related to the other colors somehow..... (if you guess who you get an internet cookie)

I have to admit the first thing I thought of when seeing the new color was princess Cadence… A direct comparison makes me doubt that a bit, but still, the new signature looks very royal to me.
:blush:

As for the old one: It's definitely one of my favorite signature colors and the reason why I will absolutely not part with my small Bumblehooves, despite him being a bit, well, small. he's just soooo gorgeous. :misc2: :dukeretro:
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri May 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Cenwen wrote:
Hoss wrote:

I have to admit the first thing I thought of when seeing the new color was princess Cadence… A direct comparison makes me doubt that a bit, but still, the new signature looks very royal to me.

As for the old one: It's definitely one of my favorite signature colors and the reason why I will absolutely not part with my small Bumblehooves, despite him being a bit, well, small. he's just soooo gorgeous. :misc2: :dukeretro:

I just think of the Canterlot buildings lol. Can't think of any specific pony except Fleur de Lis because of her white coat and cutiemark but that's a big stretch.

Or maybe it relates to the recently-released colors like X, Wildcard, Bones, etc. The wording is a bit vague.
roseypearl

Postby roseypearl » Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Hoss wrote:@Cenwen I'm not saying you're right but seeing as how I made that color :wink:

Is brazen mail still orderable (as a special request)? If I ever did get a bumble this is a color that I'd really like
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri May 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Hoss wrote:
Cenwen wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:

Hmm. Prince Blueblood?
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
WhiteWulfe

Postby WhiteWulfe » Sat May 19, 2018 6:30 am

I'm... Undecided on the new signature for Bumble Hooves and Sugar Star. If it's a tight marbling like in the picture for Sugar Star, I love it... But the example pic that's for Bumble Hooves is... I can't quite work out the words, but for me it's probably a case of "too much of the colour white" alongside a preference for marbling that's somewhat tighter...
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sat May 19, 2018 3:29 pm

roseypearl wrote:
Hoss wrote:@Cenwen I'm not saying you're right but seeing as how I made that color :wink:

Is brazen mail still orderable (as a special request)? If I ever did get a bumble this is a color that I'd really like

Send in a ticket to Customer Service about Brazen Mail! They can get you an answer to that :smile:
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sat May 19, 2018 3:39 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Cenwen wrote:
Hoss wrote:

I just think of the Canterlot buildings lol. Can't think of any specific pony except Fleur de Lis because of her white coat and cutiemark but that's a big stretch.

Or maybe it relates to the recently-released colors like X, Wildcard, Bones, etc. The wording is a bit vague.

I was a bit vague on that, my bad. The new signature is related to the source material and not the current sale colors. (I should have been more specific about the hint :crying: )

@Cenwen The old signature is available under the name "Everlasting Night" now. There were reasons but unfortunately can't go into details. Needless to say this should work better for company and customer :smile:

Cenwen was also close with royal but not the one they named... (It's not an obvious answer I'll admit. You have to work for the jewel in this question.)
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Sat May 19, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm a bit confused about the Bones color, description says marble, but the pic (in theory a perfect pour) is like a white blotch (I've never seen this on BD) Did the photographer bet against Bones and choose the worst marble? :laugh:
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat May 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Hoss wrote:
Cenwen was also close with royal but not the one they named... (It's not an obvious answer I'll admit. You have to work for the jewel in this question.)

Queen Novo? Though the colours are a bit off for her...and it was a pearl not a jewel... Cadance? Princess Amore (from the comics)? Those are the only ones I can think of that at least, to a point, have some of the same colours and have anything relating to a jewel.

Edit in response to Cenwen's newest observation: Rarity in her gala dress matches the colour scheme very well, and jewels, aside from being her cutie mark, are more or less her business. However, she is not a royal not even when she is wearing her Element.
Last edited by Rainbow Dasher on Sat May 19, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Cenwen

Postby Cenwen » Sat May 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Hoss wrote:@Cenwen The old signature is available under the name "Everlasting Night" now. There were reasons but unfortunately can't go into details. Needless to say this should work better for company and customer :smile:

Oh, should have specified that more clearly, I meant the old old signature (Brazen Mail). Too many old signatures around here… :stick:

The "Everlasting Night" name does amuse me though. I'm having way to much fun with all these references… :misc2: :smilenox:

Hoss wrote:Cenwen was also close with royal but not the one they named... (It's not an obvious answer I'll admit. You have to work for the jewel in this question.)

Damn, almost. ;)

This whole thing actually made me wander over to the MLP wiki to look at aaaall the ponies again… If it's royal, I'd say Celestia (but then I'm missing some blue and/or green). Though Rarity, either when wearing her Element or when fantasizing about getting married to her oh so handsome prince, fits the color scheme as well.

Wasn't there a yellow/gold and white marble as counterpart for the everlasting night once? Or am I mixing this up with the blue/black - white/gold dress thing…? :nerdy:
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sat May 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Hoss wrote: :words:

Figured it out. It's Shining Armor's...armor. HA

EDIT: Should note that he's technically royal now because he's married to Cadance and has a royal sister too (Twilight).
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sat May 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Cenwen wrote:
Hoss wrote:@Cenwen The old signature is available under the name "Everlasting Night" now. There were reasons but unfortunately can't go into details. Needless to say this should work better for company and customer :smile:

Oh, should have specified that more clearly, I meant the old old signature (Brazen Mail). Too many old signatures around here… :stick:

The "Everlasting Night" name does amuse me though. I'm having way to much fun with all these references… :misc2: :smilenox:

Hoss wrote:Cenwen was also close with royal but not the one they named... (It's not an obvious answer I'll admit. You have to work for the jewel in this question.)

Damn, almost. ;)

This whole thing actually made me wander over to the MLP wiki to look at aaaall the ponies again… If it's royal, I'd say Celestia (but then I'm missing some blue and/or green). Though Rarity, either when wearing her Element or when fantasizing about getting married to her oh so handsome prince, fits the color scheme as well.

Wasn't there a yellow/gold and white marble as counterpart for the everlasting night once? Or am I mixing this up with the blue/black - white/gold dress thing…? :nerdy:

@Rainbow Dasher your guesses I can say nope to. (Although I did try out a Cadence color. Just couldn't get it to work correctly though)

@Cakelurker You posted before I could. Nope to Sir Shining.

@Cenwen Everlasting Night is totally the reference you think :wink: (best princess after all) andthere was a white/gold called "Celestial Harmony" (also another easy reference)
Also, Cenwen, ONE of your guesses was correct!
I just looked at photos again and realized I made an error. Both sets of jewelry of the characters are the same color ( :crying: ) but only 1 was royal.....
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sat May 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Hoss wrote: :wink: (best princess after all)

That's a funny way to spell "Daybreaker": (MLP Season 7 spoilers)

► Show Spoiler

I kid, I kid. :stick: I love them both.

Also DANG. Sorry Shining Armor, you're not the father the new signature color. Though I think we're much closer to who the color is referencing, but I'll let someone else get the cookie. :nomnom:

Return to “General Discussion”