/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Hoss

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Hoss » Sat May 19, 2018 6:06 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Hoss wrote: :wink: (best princess after all)

That's a funny way to spell "Daybreaker": (MLP Season 7 spoilers)

► Show Spoiler

I kid, I kid. :stick: I love them both.

Also DANG. Sorry Shining Armor, you're not the father the new signature color. Though I think we're much closer to who the color is referencing, but I'll let someone else get the cookie. :nomnom:

I am a bit behind on seasons. I think we're in the middle (or maybe finished) season 5 and haven't seen the movie yet either.
Shining did get an attempt at the new Sig but wasn't chosen. (6 total were created but most only turned out so so :doh: )
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sat May 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Hoss wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:I am a bit behind on seasons. I think we're in the middle (or maybe finished) season 5 and haven't seen the movie yet either.
Shining did get an attempt at the new Sig but wasn't chosen. (6 total were created but most only turned out so so :doh: )

No spoilers, but you'd be surprised at what Season 7 and 8 have to offer in terms of colors and characters. And ironically, Season 8 is based off the movie more or less (or at least references it a lot and very explicitly).

Movie doesn't require any seasons to watch. Heck you could get away with not watching the show at all to view it. It's mostly banking on people who watched Seasons 1-3 back when the show was most popular, and people new to the movie/show. The only references to later seasons are in the background.

Also, huh, what were the other 6? (or...4 in this case) Or are you not allowed to say (or can't say because it hints at who *was* chosen)?
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sat May 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Hoss wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:
Hoss wrote: :wink: (best princess after all)

That's a funny way to spell "Daybreaker": (MLP Season 7 spoilers)

► Show Spoiler

I kid, I kid. :stick: I love them both.

Also DANG. Sorry Shining Armor, you're not the father the new signature color. Though I think we're much closer to who the color is referencing, but I'll let someone else get the cookie. :nomnom:

I am a bit behind on seasons. I think we're in the middle (or maybe finished) season 5 and haven't seen the movie yet either.

I guessed Prince Blueblood but no yes or no... I'm assuming I'm not right :(
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sat May 19, 2018 6:31 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Hoss wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:I am a bit behind on seasons. I think we're in the middle (or maybe finished) season 5 and haven't seen the movie yet either.

No spoilers, but you'd be surprised at what Season 7 and 8 have to offer in terms of colors and characters. And ironically, Season 8 is based off the movie more or less (or at least references it a lot and very explicitly).

Movie doesn't require any seasons to watch. Heck you could get away with not watching the show at all to view it. It's mostly banking on people who watched Seasons 1-3 back when the show was most popular, and people new to the movie/show. The only references to later seasons are in the background.

Also, huh, what were the other 6? (or...4 in this case) Or are you not allowed to say (or can't say because it hints at who *was* chosen)?

Spouse and I just go through watching episodes when we're bored and playing games together so I'll get through them eventually. Spoilers don't matter as I've heard a lot and also have a terrible memory and forget things!
For the other 4 colors... I keep all recipes I've made for special things so they can be recreated as needed. Due to that and the fact they might be used at some point (no foreshadowing just stating in general) I have to pass on naming the other contestants. (Sorry but it's a just in case thing.)

@Blushingkitten Unfortunately no it's not Blueblood. Tried to stick to more "known" characters to make it recognizable to people .
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sat May 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Hoss wrote:Spouse and I just go through watching episodes when we're bored and playing games together so I'll get through them eventually. Spoilers don't matter as I've heard a lot and also have a terrible memory and forget things!
For the other 4 colors... I keep all recipes I've made for special things so they can be recreated as needed. Due to that and the fact they might be used at some point (no foreshadowing just stating in general) I have to pass on naming the other contestants. (Sorry but it's a just in case thing.)

@Blushingkitten Unfortunately no it's not Blueblood. Tried to stick to more "known" characters to make it recognizable to people .

Ah, gotcha. Though I hope something like Discord is attempted one day though. I wonder how you guys will pull that one off :smilenox:
And haha, I can guess which stuff's been spoiled already outside of Daybreaker. There was a lot of talk about certain episodes :laugh: Good to know you're cool with it though :misc2: :nomnom:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat May 19, 2018 6:49 pm

For something that's supposed to be recognizable, we're clearly not getting it. XD

Celestia's crown? Is it an actual pony or is it an accessory or...? I can't think of any royal matching that colour scheme pre-season 5.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sat May 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:For something that's supposed to be recognizable, we're clearly not getting it. XD

Celestia's crown? Is it an actual pony or is it an accessory or...? I can't think of any royal matching that colour scheme pre-season 5.

And an internet cookie to Rainbow Dasher!!! The crown (gold), Jewel inset (purple), and body (white but in person has a *tiny* purple hint to it).

I tried to hint with "jewel" and "royal" without giving too much info away. (I totally wanted to make a toy based on her mane but it would end up like a parfait style toy. Those are super time intensive and wouldn't be good for a full time signature unfortunately)

Thanks all for playing the guessing game! I had fun teasing everyone with the hints :widesmile: :cool:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat May 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Hoss wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:For something that's supposed to be recognizable, we're clearly not getting it. XD

And an internet cookie to Rainbow Dasher!!! The crown (gold), Jewel inset (purple), and body (white but in person has a *tiny* purple hint to it).

I tried to hint with "jewel" and "royal" without giving too much info away. (I totally wanted to make a toy based on her mane but it would end up like a parfait style toy. Those are super time intensive and wouldn't be good for a full time signature unfortunately)

Thanks all for playing the guessing game! I had fun teasing everyone with the hints :widesmile: :cool:

Yay! Too bad it wasn't like a contest: Guess the colour, win a dong in that particular pour. XD But hey, I'll take a cookie, though now I kinda want to go bake some.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sat May 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Hoss wrote:

Yay! Too bad it wasn't like a contest: Guess the colour, win a dong in that particular pour. XD But hey, I'll take a cookie, though now I kinda want to go bake some.

Sorry. Anything I post is just for fun. Other people do all the contests and such. Also, there is never a wrong time for cookies. (I *may* have a bit of a sweet tooth...)
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat May 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Due to the pony discussion, I shall make carrot cake cookies. Nom.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sat May 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Meanwhile I just want some cake. Maybe tomorrow I'll go get some cake-flavored ice cream or something.

Hoss wrote:I totally wanted to make a toy based on her mane but it would end up like a parfait style toy. Those are super time intensive and wouldn't be good for a full time signature unfortunately

Like this? :wink:

(Lousy pixel trace job is lousy but it's the fastest way for me to make this)
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 am

CakeLurker wrote:Meanwhile I just want some cake. Maybe tomorrow I'll go get some cake-flavored ice cream or something.

Hoss wrote:I totally wanted to make a toy based on her mane but it would end up like a parfait style toy. Those are super time intensive and wouldn't be good for a full time signature unfortunately

That is an amazing job there! Exactly what I was thinking. :widesmile:
RainbowNanaki

Postby RainbowNanaki » Sun May 20, 2018 9:43 am

CakeLurker wrote:Meanwhile I just want some cake. Maybe tomorrow I'll go get some cake-flavored ice cream or something.

I' not a MLP fan by any stretch of the imagination, that colour is super pretty!! :widesmile:
gay/23/transguy/extremely single
:misc6: :eyeroll:

My Toys

► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sun May 20, 2018 11:01 am

Hoss wrote:That is an amazing job there! Exactly what I was thinking. :widesmile:

I was worried about the arrangement of colors but glad to hear I hit it on the nose >:3c
RainbowNanaki wrote:I'm not a MLP fan by any stretch of the imagination, that colour is super pretty!! :widesmile:

Hnnnggg I wish it was an official color now. Maybe one day we'll get a "princess sale" or something.

--
Semi-Unrelated, but I think I found the other MLP-themed marbles that the team was experimenting with last year:

Luna:
► Show Spoiler

Cadence:
► Show Spoiler

Chrysalis:
► Show Spoiler

There were other marbles but I didn't screenshot them. Also I wonder if that one parfait-styled bumble marbled in dashing was just Rainbow Dash and not just a custom flop lol. But that was probably a one-off thing and not part of signature experimentation (OR WAS IT? :tinfoil: )

edit: Hoss doesn't have to comment on these marbles cuz of NDA (less he wants to :P), I just like theorizing/sniffing things out heheh
Zephusa

Postby Zephusa » Sun May 20, 2018 1:53 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Hoss wrote:That is an amazing job there! Exactly what I was thinking. :widesmile:

I was worried about the arrangement of colors but glad to hear I hit it on the nose >:3c
RainbowNanaki wrote:I'm not a MLP fan by any stretch of the imagination, that colour is super pretty!! :widesmile:

Hnnnggg I wish it was an official color now. Maybe one day we'll get a "princess sale" or something.

--
Semi-Unrelated, but I think I found the other MLP-themed marbles that the team was experimenting with last year:

Luna:
► Show Spoiler

Cadence:
► Show Spoiler

Chrysalis:
► Show Spoiler

There were other marbles but I didn't screenshot them. Also I wonder if that one parfait-styled bumble marbled in dashing was just Rainbow Dash and not just a custom flop lol. But that was probably a one-off thing and not part of signature experimentation (OR WAS IT? :tinfoil: )

edit: Hoss doesn't have to comment on these marbles cuz of NDA (less he wants to :P), I just like theorizing/sniffing things out heheh

I love that Cadence one !
Bulbasaur

Postby Bulbasaur » Sun May 20, 2018 3:20 pm

CakeLurker wrote:Semi-Unrelated, but I think I found the other MLP-themed marbles that the team was experimenting with last year

Dang, i think you're right! :liplick:
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm

CakeLurker wrote:

--

Luna:
► Show Spoiler

Cadence:
► Show Spoiler

Chrysalis:
► Show Spoiler

I will comment on two things only. I didn't make that first toy (and while it totally looks Luna inspired I think it actually is coincidence) and that parfait style was one of the original attempts for parfait. The pink for Strawberry was preferred at the shop so that was chosen instead.

I also will say this: the guy who made parfait has made lots of other really cool things. Some make their way to inventory and some get snagged as show pieces for when the shop has visitors. He's a really talented guy :widesmile: (I work closely with him so we cause fun trouble some times)
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Hoss wrote:I will comment on two things only. I didn't make that first toy (and while it totally looks Luna inspired I think it actually is coincidence) and that parfait style was one of the original attempts for parfait. The pink for Strawberry was preferred at the shop so that was chosen instead.

I also will say this: the guy who made parfait has made lots of other really cool things. Some make their way to inventory and some get snagged as show pieces for when the shop has visitors. He's a really talented guy :widesmile: (I work closely with him so we cause fun trouble some times)

Ooo more dessert color trivia! I love it :misc2: :widesmile: Interesting to hear other colors beyond pink were considered.
Also, was this the same guy responsible for some of the stuff in the Show Me Your Toy Legends thread? :widesmile:
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Sun May 20, 2018 8:05 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Hoss wrote:I will comment on two things only. I didn't make that first toy (and while it totally looks Luna inspired I think it actually is coincidence) and that parfait style was one of the original attempts for parfait. The pink for Strawberry was preferred at the shop so that was chosen instead.

Ooo more dessert color trivia! I love it :misc2: :widesmile: Interesting to hear other colors beyond pink were considered.
Also, was this the same guy responsible for some of the stuff in the Show Me Your Toy Legends thread? :widesmile:

He made the black and white Rex with the red highlight and the blue/pink/magenta Bumblehooves in the picture with megatron Chance. If I went through all the "Show Me" threads I bet I could find more... but that's a lot of threads and pages go dive into :crying:
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sun May 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Hoss wrote:He made the black and white Rex with the red highlight and the blue/pink/magenta Bumblehooves in the picture with megatron Chance. If I went through all the "Show Me" threads I bet I could find more... but that's a lot of threads and pages go dive into :crying:

Niiice. I remember that rex when it first came out, but wasn't around for stuff in that thread when they first dropped except that guacamole Zaratan and frankenpour flint you saw lol. Can't wait to see more pretties you two have to offer. I don't scour Clearance much anymore but I bet I'll find them sooner or later whenever I slide by during drops

Cuz I'm always watching Clearance

i have no life

Return to “General Discussion”