/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Kagura

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Kagura » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:15 pm

I like the Dragoness but uh... might want to change the name and character a little if that gets picked?
gray

Postby gray » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:30 pm

the shark looks like janine with no scales imo; the sideways hole would yield a unique feel for actual use. =P
Tarukaja

Postby Tarukaja » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:33 pm

I voted for the dragon butt :B I can't even use 'em but yea XD

Also, I got my $5 survey credit today! Now what to spend this credit on, not sure if I wanna dive for a Portside or get a mini Studded, wish I could get rid of all my sale stuff so I could afford both ;>>
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:20 pm

gray wrote:the shark looks like janine with no scales imo; the sideways hole would yield a unique feel for actual use. =P

I dunno. That one just looks like a recipe for getting torn.
Grimmyr

Postby Grimmyr » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:00 pm

I agree. :< I feel like every one of them except the Kitty Butt and Tabby are things we already have. I really don't want to see more horse and dragon vagina/asses/penises.

A shark or a cat (especially a cat) would bring something fresh and exciting to the table! Sure, Tabby looks sorta like Janine without scales and more of a sharky appearance to her, but at least I can see that it's a shark. The clit is really the only stand-out similarity for me. :< Else the mare vagina is... Really just another Mary. We already have a "Dragoness", except the scales are a bit more pressed... And I don't really think another dragon butt is necessary. :<
gray

Postby gray » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:10 pm

that's very true. there were a lot of penetrable designs, i'm kind of surprised that there wasn't a round of mouth penetrables or something more exciting and new. i won't mind if tabby wins since it's also very pretty, really anything that isn't the horse vagina lmfao.
BorisLover

Postby BorisLover » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:56 pm

DameKathryn wrote:
BorisLover wrote:See I got medium in a 5 and he felt waaaay squishy D: but I'm worried 8 will poke in that size.

I think my medium 5 Xar is squishy but my large 5 feels solid. It's like how the medium 5 crackers feels solid but the small 5 is squishy

Ahh I see !'good point. Guess ill get a 5 and play it safe.
Jazzi the Pegasus

Postby Jazzi the Pegasus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:36 pm

I really wanted my design to go up :( I mean sure good stuff up right now but I'd have to agree with some other users about similarities to penetrables on the line.

I even asked for someone to 3D for me. No feedback yet but yeah, I verified my design as soon as I knew about the contest.....blargh.
Willow

Postby Willow » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:38 pm

I also voted for the shark. But aside from the look, there was a lot of information on it, including an internal view. I find those to be very critical in making a decision.
While Hikari had a decent amount of info, there weren't too many pictures of different views. The effort is very good overall. But, and this is personal opinion, the design is not my cup of tea,

With Analise, I'm not getting a good idea of where her cervix is. I know where you were going, but it's just a rise similar to Hazels angle. And not a lot of info off to the side about her. I love mares, and I think Mary works for now. I'm not opposed to a horse vagina, but this might need a little tweaking (besides, BD might not be too comfortable with how feral it is... I could be wrong though).

Dragons Butt isn't something I'm too interested in, but it's a nice alternative to Duke's butt. Not sure how soft the outside would feel and there's no internal view. Can't really say much about it.

And finally for the Kitty butt, I like the tail. but you may have tried to hard to give a different internal texture. As it stands, I think it needs to be worked on. A redesign on the inside, a little larger to make out the details, and a perhaps a few more views of the butt.

This of course is really just my views on this. Also a little bit of an idea of what a good entry is for the contest. Oh, I am not by any means putting anyone down, this is just more of an idea of what the community is looking for when making a decision so you know what to put into your next submission.
Good work to the lot of you.
patientzero

Postby patientzero » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 am

... I like the hikari design robbed of context, but i feel like i was the only one with a long dead but racist grandpa and thus knows a problem with having a female of asian influence be presented in a base yellow color with a sideways vagina. I can't be the only one, right?
BlackSheep

Postby BlackSheep » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:52 am

You're not.

Makes me question if I'm the only one seriously annoyed by all these "penetrate the womb!" toys popping up though. People need to stop.
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:30 am

This is embarrassing, so I'll try and comment on it early-no, believe it or not, I had no idea about the "Asian women have sideways vaginas" thing. Really. My thinking process was "a cloaca style design could be nice, and they seem to prefer anthro so should add some traits in there. Now what has that sort of belly/underside scale shape? Dragons I guess, and since they have a blue dragoness with Western dragon traits, maybe a golden one with Eastern species traits would be nice for contrast". :downs: On the commentary of the design, you can see I thanked someone who voted "Yes, but" for pointing out something-this was what they mentioned, and they were the only one to do so until now, so it had been up all that time unknowingly. Argh.

It was fairly recently it was pointed out, so I haven't had time to overhaul things. At first I just changed up her colours to the forest greens and made it thematic with the name, and edited the coloured sketches since that was easy enough. Colour changes made me think of a chameleon dragoness for a new direction to take her in (there's a comment alluding to that in the text too)-and then I thought about a different creature altogether, since the character was more for showing the design than anything else. A female naga seemed good-maybe Vasu found a girlfriend?-but someone had put one up not long after I submitted my design, and though no one has a monopoly on a species it seemed like it would be rude maybe.

So I've been thinking about different characters, but since it would require new art it hadn't been gotten around to yet, then I logged on last night to see Hikari in a voting round and welp. :(

So yeah, it's embarrassing and was born of pure ignorance rather than anything else. If she happened to win, I don't know if she could stay as an Eastern dragon species with changes (how could you change it to be less problematic, if at all?) so it's likely you'd suddenly have something different being released. Female naga? Some kind of anthro lizard? Suggestions are fine, BD would probably pick though.

(I voted for the Shark, but the Kitty would be something different for the lineup too!)
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 am

patientzero wrote:... I like the hikari design robbed of context, but i feel like i was the only one with a long dead but racist grandpa and thus knows a problem with having a female of asian influence be presented in a base yellow color with a sideways vagina. I can't be the only one, right?

true, but GOLDEN dragons are supposed to be the best. One gets used to seeing them as sunshine golden yellow, and you know "Oh one of those kind of dragons". so it is accidentily raceist.

I had no knowlage of sideways vaginas. That is a new racist thing. would making her a naga or gorgon be better? keep everything, turn her into snakelady.
video

Postby video » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:07 pm

kuroyami wrote:
patientzero wrote:... I like the hikari design robbed of context, but i feel like i was the only one with a long dead but racist grandpa and thus knows a problem with having a female of asian influence be presented in a base yellow color with a sideways vagina. I can't be the only one, right?

true, but GOLDEN dragons are supposed to be the best. One gets used to seeing them as sunshine golden yellow, and you know "Oh one of those kind of dragons". so it is accidentily raceist.

I had no knowlage of sideways vaginas. That is a new racist thing. would making her a naga or gorgon be better? keep everything, turn her into snakelady.

Uhhhh...someone's going to have to explain this "sideways vagina" thing. I'm 100% certain Asians do not have sideways vaginas.
sapphire

Postby sapphire » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:13 pm

People are much too quick to scream racism when something isn't actually racist. It's pretty obvious what the design is supposed to be. Thankfully Foxfire stepped in to clarify the truth.

And yeah I saw it as a golden dragon too. It makes sense to me.
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:15 pm

video wrote:Uhhhh...someone's going to have to explain this "sideways vagina" thing. I'm 100% certain Asians do not have sideways vaginas.

I had to look it up myself, and it's certainly not a new thing.
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1261279
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:16 pm

sapphire wrote:People are much too quick to scream racism when something isn't actually racist. It's pretty obvious what the design is supposed to be. Thankfully Foxfire stepped in to clarify the truth.

I'm fairly certain nobody accused the creator of being racist, all that was brought up was that it could be a problem.
video

Postby video » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:22 pm

DameKathryn wrote:
video wrote:Uhhhh...someone's going to have to explain this "sideways vagina" thing. I'm 100% certain Asians do not have sideways vaginas.

I had to look it up myself, and it's certainly not a new thing.
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1261279

I've never heard of this myself - but I can definitely say I doubt the creator had that intention. I can see why it might get changed for the official release if it won though. Others might be more familiar with that?
sapphire

Postby sapphire » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:40 pm

DameKathryn wrote:
sapphire wrote:People are much too quick to scream racism when something isn't actually racist. It's pretty obvious what the design is supposed to be. Thankfully Foxfire stepped in to clarify the truth.

I'm fairly certain nobody accused the creator of being racist, all that was brought up was that it could be a problem.

I suppose that is true but I think people need to suck it up if they actually have an issue with something like that. XD

And I just remembered that a similar issue has happened on BD before but they didn't change it. Which is fine because it was just people being way too sensitive over something stupid.
BlackSheep

Postby BlackSheep » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:21 pm

It is wise to err on the side of caution in this sort of case.

Return to “General Discussion”