/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Boargoth

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Boargoth » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Omg.. people are going haywire here because someone chose the wrong kind of yellow...

And let me guess everyone making a fuzz about it is NOT of asian herritage..

I'm not going to be amazed when this topic is going to be closed in about a page or 5..
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Nobody is GOING haywire.
Jazzi the Pegasus

Postby Jazzi the Pegasus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:26 pm

^ only if people continue on said topic train, but the main topic needs to come back.

So my post office decided to hold my teenies for a few days, which makes no sense to me. Still trying to decide if I want Bruiser or not, and if I want to sell more toys.
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 pm

I need to figure out if I'm going to sell toys too. I'm thinking of selling 2 of my claytons for sure.

Does anyone know the wait time for customs atm?
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:46 pm

DameKathryn wrote:I need to figure out if I'm going to sell toys too. I'm thinking of selling 2 of my claytons for sure.

Does anyone know the wait time for customs atm?

My medium Nox took about a month, but that was right after the Nox sale when they had lots of orders to fill. My Mandrake took about a week, ordered opening weekend. I just placed an order for a large Moko in Absolute Zero yesterday, which I'm expecting will take a bit of time with the extinction rush.
lapinstar

Postby lapinstar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Bleh. Any chance they're ever going to do a staff pick on the penetratables? I've been pushing for something avian themed for yeaaaars, but it's hard to imagine the vox populi ever allowing that to happen.

Also kind of weird the labs thing didn't have its own thread? Natch.
magetSACK

Postby magetSACK » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Obsydian wrote::(

Heh. Don't feel sad, I voted for your submission. I knew enough people would vote for the shark, so I chose the kitty :P

(dem sculpted lips...)
Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:52 pm

There are lot of good penetrables in the labs. While I think we need a really generic anthro pussy (a fuzzy mammal pussy with humanized labia would be a bestseller, in my opinion) the shark looked really appealing, so I voted for it. I think one fuzzy butt, dragon butt, and equine pussy is enough for now, and while Hikari is different enough from Janine to be okay for another dragon pussy, the design just didn't appeal to me.

I just hope that the shark will be roomy enough. We girthy guys need a penetrable that we can use comfortably too.
patientzero

Postby patientzero » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:33 pm

The thing i wondered was, well, there's a lot of wonderful designs out there that there isn't an easily-recognizable equivalent for in the store, some of whom have gotten a lot of feedback... I hope the next penetrable contest is gonna include some non-standard items.
Alakime

Postby Alakime » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 pm

I put my vote in for the shark, kinda hoping that there is another penetrable contest soon though....Can't complain that my design didn't make the cut. The designs they chose are interesting and good, even is there are a few repetitive ones, I can't wait to see the results nonetheless :smile:

And I agree, it is weird there wasn't a thread in the forums for this contest :mystery:

Best of luck to all the entries :glomp:
ichigokage

Postby ichigokage » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:23 am

Even though I'm a female I voted for the shark. It was the only original design up; BD has dragon vag and ass, Horse/Mare vag and ass already. And cat can be seen as similar to a fox. Plus it just looks cool as hell. Hope Shark wins.
Jazzi the Pegasus

Postby Jazzi the Pegasus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:11 am

I'm surprises that a moderator didn't create such a thread. The only news thread was for Hanns. The forums, for most BD toy users, is our main news source. I for one check them out if I hear of anything new (such as this contest), but haven't seen any new posts from the mods. That's where most of this discussion would go, although it does slightly fit this thread.

Let's try not to be too critical of the designs, however. People put a lot of time and effort to just making them, and dealing with the bullshit of poor constructive criticism to post them, and/or update as necessary.
hth

Postby hth » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 am

Jazzi the Pegasus wrote:The forums, for most BD toy users, is our main news source.

Got a source on that? As I said in another thread, the forum seems to have only a maximum of 50-100 active users and I'm being generous.

Considering the size BD has gotten to as a company in the last few years, the actual amount of customers vs forum users is probably not even comparable. IMO, I think it's the Newsletter and the News twitter that is the main news source. Which is probably why BD uses those more than the forums nowadays.
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:19 am

It's a bit... disappointing?, though understandable, when people vote heavily based on the character rather than the design. Characters can be changed, and especially with more generic designs (like mine, scales doesn't have to mean dragon) what happened to imagination? Though yeah, the character is a big part of the fantasy for many people. It is a little frustrating though to get No feedback that says, "The design is amazing and I love it, but I would prefer it to be an anthro snake!"

The feedback can be funny (and confusing, and rude, and helpful) though-like yesterday, there were two No votes within a few hours of each other. One said that there wasn't enough texture. The next one said the texture overshadowed everything else! There's also been feedback where one person wished it was for a non-anthro snake, and another for an anthro snake. :D
Jazzi the Pegasus

Postby Jazzi the Pegasus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:21 am

hth wrote:
Jazzi the Pegasus wrote:The forums, for most BD toy users, is our main news source.

Got a source on that? As I said in another thread, the forum seems to have only a maximum of 50-100 active users and I'm being generous.

Considering the size BD has gotten to as a company in the last few years, the actual amount of customers vs forum users is probably not even comparable. IMO, I think it's the Newsletter and the News twitter that is the main news source. Which is probably why BD uses those more than the forums nowadays.

I don't need a source. And you're not including those who are not so active on the forums. What about the lurkers? I'm saying some of us use the forum as a news source. I'm not saying everyone. Maybe you need a source, as not everyone is a media hog that uses Twitter 24/7.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:10 pm

Yeah, it just confuses me because:

1.) Isn't it like...against the rules to discuss 'unreleased site content' (even if it's already up on the main page,) if there's not a news thread posted here about it? I distinctly remember a few users getting reprimanded for that.

2.) I NEVER get the BD newsletter. I even went back and make sure I am subscribed for it. My junk folder is always empty too so....lol I kinda HAVE to rely on the forums.
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Vitani wrote:Yeah, it just confuses me because:

1.) Isn't it like...against the rules to discuss 'unreleased site content' (even if it's already up on the main page,) if there's not a news thread posted here about it? I distinctly remember a few users getting reprimanded for that.

2.) I NEVER get the BD newsletter. I even went back and make sure I am subscribed for it. My junk folder is always empty too so....lol I kinda HAVE to rely on the forums.

It's not unreleased at this point because there was an email sent out about it. I got mine: Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM (EST)
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:18 pm

^ OH yeah, that's right...I think it was 'no discussing until after the email', my bad :P

Disregard that first point.
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:25 pm

As far as the email not coming through, I would say unsubscribe and re-subscribe and check your spam settings. Some empty more regularly than others, and yours might empty regularly? Also I know BD has had trouble with certain mail providers, so maybe if you don't use Gmail, you might want to try that and see if it works? You can also try sending a ticket and see what they say #defaultanswertoeverythingBD
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 pm

i would not know how to form an opinion for internal texture design, otherwise I am going to go to "vote for shark, we have shark penis, now we need shark vagina"
like when the horse anus won. horse parts, all of them but the mouth.

Return to “General Discussion”