/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
AlphaBlue

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby AlphaBlue » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:53 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:The spammers are already starting. I *really* think a "all new accounts must have their first post approved by a mod" idea, would fix the issue. Or even a probationary period, of all new accounts may only start 1 new thread a day until they reach 50 posts, or something like that. No one needs to create multiple threads a day, anyway. Yes, I know some people make a couple when selling, or whatever, but even then you don't need more than a couple.

The 5-minutes-between-posts thing...is getting annoying. I've noticed we don't even have half as many posts as usual, by regular members. No one wants to wait 5 - 10 minutes between posting.

Yeah, so the frequency of spam threads went from 1 minute to 5 minutes apart. Big deal? The current fix isn't going to stop them from building up to 30 pages again and it's not like it'll encourage them to give up, they're bots lol.

EDIT:

Esuna wrote:
Grimmyr wrote:At this point I think it's safe to say a sign-up captcha or something would be better at the point in time where someone joins up with the forum than the posting limit. They're still goin' at it. :eyeroll: The time limit is getting a little annoying too since I am such a fast typer, I have to wait in between post for what seems like forever. :psyduck:

When I signed up for the forums, there was a captcha on the registration page. :sniffing:
So that sort of thing is already in place. For registration anyway. I think. Pretty sure there was a captcha for forums, not sure about the store. Unless I mixed up the two.

Given the time gap between when the users are getting banned and then creating a new account to spam, it's probably safe to say there's a human element setting up the account and filling out the registration captcha if there is one. A captcha for new threads would probably work though, so long as it's not new posts too >_< I'm not sure I'd be any happier with a wait between posts or a captcha every post.
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:29 pm

the annoying new delays don't seem to be slowing down the spam... sure is annoying regular forum users though.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:39 pm

kingsley wrote:the annoying new delays don't seem to be slowing down the spam... sure is annoying regular forum users though.

Dasher called it. And so did I. Capcha for new threads, or mods approving first topics of new users would do the trick though.

Also, the timer also applies to if you respond to a private message, apparently. LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME. This is the dumbest thing. FOr real.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:40 pm

God damn it...it looks like if anything the spamming is worse. Like....don't people have anything better to do? :unamused:

And so much this
Capcha for new threads, or mods approving first topics of new users would do the trick though.
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Vitani wrote:Also, the timer also applies to if you respond to a private message, apparently. LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME. This is the dumbest thing. FOr real.

lol, what?

idk why it even applies to replies TBH, I've only ever seen spamming of new threads...
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:50 pm

kingsley wrote:
Vitani wrote:Also, the timer also applies to if you respond to a private message, apparently. LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME. This is the dumbest thing. FOr real.

lol, what?

idk why it even applies to replies TBH, I've only ever seen spamming of new threads...

yeah really. It makes 0 sense. -_- But I went to reply to your post, and I was stuck waiting.../again/. And I was like 'Oh snap, did I make a post and forgot about it already???' Opened up a new tab, but nope. No recent posts by me, but I did just reply to a PM. wtf
Grimmyr

Postby Grimmyr » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:56 pm

Testing because I literally just sent a PM about my Clayton before I popped on here to see if it really holds you back after a PM being sent.... Writing this in at 9:51 CEST.

YEP. It totally counts for if you send a PM because I just sent one to another user because they might be interested in my Clayton, but yeah. >_> I cannot send this message as I sent a PM... :eyeroll: The impatience. Sending this now at 9:56
Esuna

Postby Esuna » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:02 pm

Grimmyr wrote:Testing because I literally just sent a PM about my Clayton before I popped on here to see if it really holds you back after a PM being sent.... Writing this in at 9:51 CEST.

YEP. It totally counts for if you send a PM because I just sent one to another user because they might be interested in my Clayton, but yeah. >_> I cannot send this message as I sent a PM... :eyeroll: The impatience. Sending this now at 9:56

Wow, so the wait time is applied to ANY communication you make. That does seem... not well thought out. Well, next time the mods come on, maybe they will see the issues and change their method. :sniffing:
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm getting concerned that the spambots are growing. They're now advertising two different websites, from what I see romanized :surprised:

Captcha for new threads, post limit for new accounts, and possibly a ban on Korean fonts all seem to be floating around as ideas. Has anyone actually sent in a ticket to CS about it? I think there is a forums box to choose for subject, but I'm not sure if it counts for issues like this.
ImageImage
Grimmyr

Postby Grimmyr » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:08 pm

It would be nice to see a change, yeah! I mean, it seems like they have good intentions with it but I think it was implemented too fast. While it has slowed down the spam considerably, I am not sure it is what is best with the active members. :c

Jasmine has some pretty legit ideas though!
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Vitani wrote:
Niah wrote:Told myself that I was pretty much done with buying BD dicks for a while. I'll have 11 when my new Sleipnir and Scorn arrive. I've got a nice variety of dicks and I thought I'd be set, especially since I don't toy very often thanks to being asexual with a very low libido. I'm also living with my parents at the moment, so that limits when/where I can toy anyway. However, thanks to being in the habit of scanning the adoptions page, I've got ideas for a few more toys I feel the need to have. Now on my list I've got a medium Crash and a medium Elden. I also keep eyeing Xar and Apollo (probably smalls for both, maybe mediums, but only in 3 due to their girth). My sock and underwear drawer where I keep my toys is getting a bit heavy, lol.

AHhh I have the same problem LOL.

I keep telling myself 'Okay, after this one, I'll have all I need' -looks at 13 dildos- It's to the point where I'm in the market for a new toybox. :eyeroll:

But then I look on the adoptions page...'Ooooh, but this one looks like it might be fun! AND my birthday is coming up next month! I deserve a lil somethin...'

NO VITANI. BAD VITANI.

I'm trying to be strict with myself, because I really wanna save up to hit some more cons this upcoming year.

I need a proper toy box, but that will have to wait until I'm on my own. I'll probably just get a simple plastic container, line it with towels or something like that, and use that to store them. I need to save up in case I get into a PhD program. That's also sort of why I'm waiting. If I get into one, a new toy will be my present to myself, probably. Unless I spot a pretty adoption and decide it should be my congratulatory/consolation present ahead of schedule, lol. I probably should sell my small/5 Sleipnir, but I so love how the first half of shaft feels and I love his marbling, so I don't really want to sell him despite having a small/3 being made (well, remade after failing QC).
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 pm

Dracon Ra wrote:
Niah wrote:Told myself that I was pretty much done with buying BD dicks for a while. I'll have 11 when my new Sleipnir and Scorn arrive. I've got a nice variety of dicks and I thought I'd be set, especially since I don't toy very often thanks to being asexual with a very low libido. I'm also living with my parents at the moment, so that limits when/where I can toy anyway. However, thanks to being in the habit of scanning the adoptions page, I've got ideas for a few more toys I feel the need to have. Now on my list I've got a medium Crash and a medium Elden. I also keep eyeing Xar and Apollo (probably smalls for both, maybe mediums, but only in 3 due to their girth). My sock and underwear drawer where I keep my toys is getting a bit heavy, lol.

I am trying to only buy a toy every other month... only worked for one month. :misc6: :eyeroll:
I know I should stop stalking the adoptions, but, all the pretties... "Hello, my name is Dracon and I have a problem..."

Now I am torn, be a responsible adult and don't get a new toy or wait at least for February before I order that custom large Crackers I want. Soft, suction cup, opalish marble, only yellow and green with the silver highlight, it will be so pretty :misc2: :smile:
Not talking about the medium Flint in the adoption, that really makes me want an Iron Bull dick
If it's still there next week, I will be very tempted...

That is a pretty Flint. I caved big the day before Black Friday; snagged three toys before someone else could. Then did a custom Sleipnir, because I fell in love with Krampus Present (been wanting a green and gold/copper toy for a while now). Then a Furry Road Scorn, because none of my toys have red on them and those colors suit him, and because he'll be my most unusual toy and he looks very interesting to me. Like I told Vitani, if I get into a PhD program or if I don't, I'm likely to stalk adoptions for a medium Elden or order a pretty custom if I get impatient. I really should save my money for my student loan repayments and in the event that I do get to go back to grad school, but there are so many pretties. Hell, I spotted a lovely Nocturne and I don't even really want a Nocturne all that much; same with Tyson (he's too thin and without enough texture, and he also gets too long in a medium).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Grimmyr

Postby Grimmyr » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Well depending on the amount of toys you got, when I had my collection of ~8 toys or so I was using a decorative box from JoAnne Fabrics! Here is a link to the items they have there (if you're from a part of the States that doesn't have them, most fabric/crafts stores do)! I just threw in a towel or some other sort of soft material on the bottom to line it and stored my toys in there. :3c That way they had a cute box and a decent storage! Everyone has varied needs/wants though, because I know some people prefer lockable boxes.
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Grimmyr wrote:Well depending on the amount of toys you got, when I had my collection of ~8 toys or so I was using a decorative box from JoAnne Fabrics! Here is a link to the items they have there (if you're from a part of the States that doesn't have them, most fabric/crafts stores do)! I just threw in a towel or some other sort of soft material on the bottom to line it and stored my toys in there. :3c That way they had a cute box and a decent storage! Everyone has varied needs/wants though, because I know some people prefer lockable boxes.

Those are nice. I'll have 11 when my Sleipnir and Scorn finally arrive, and I've got plans for at least two more... If I live on my own, I probably won't worry about a lockable box, but if I end up sharing a place with people, then that's something I'll seriously consider even though I'll have my own room (most likely). For now, my underwear/sock draw is fine since a box will draw some queries (I could hide it under my bed, maybe). Even though I'd like to keep them all together, I can always get a second box so that I'll have plenty of room, which will only encourage me to get more toys to fill up the second box...

Lersanyu

Postby Lersanyu » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:34 am

Niah wrote:
Grimmyr wrote:Well depending on the amount of toys you got, when I had my collection of ~8 toys or so I was using a decorative box from JoAnne Fabrics! Here is a link to the items they have there (if you're from a part of the States that doesn't have them, most fabric/crafts stores do)! I just threw in a towel or some other sort of soft material on the bottom to line it and stored my toys in there. :3c That way they had a cute box and a decent storage! Everyone has varied needs/wants though, because I know some people prefer lockable boxes.

Those are nice. I'll have 11 when my Sleipnir and Scorn finally arrive, and I've got plans for at least two more... If I live on my own, I probably won't worry about a lockable box, but if I end up sharing a place with people, then that's something I'll seriously consider even though I'll have my own room (most likely). For now, my underwear/sock draw is fine since a box will draw some queries (I could hide it under my bed, maybe). Even though I'd like to keep them all together, I can always get a second box so that I'll have plenty of room, which will only encourage me to get more toys to fill up the second box...

Your plan is perfect.
EvL
Gender: Mostly female but born with some extra bits inside.

Postby EvL » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:30 am

There are some customs I'd love to get, but I am feeling skittish about spending any money because I am not sure the housemate paying the rent situation is in the clear yet, and also because I have a couple of friends who are in desperately dire straits, and I want to help them, so my money goes to them first.

Also, so far this month is looking good for work, but who knows if the month after will be enough. Also, with contract work, never count the money as yours until it's in your hands.

I want a number of toys still though, to try. A big clayton, a trent, a xar, maybe a pretzel, maybe an unflared chance... honestly, there are a number of toys I'm interested in still. But I just... I can't justify it right now!

I still scroll through adoptions a lot.
Layne27

Postby Layne27 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:35 am

Question: How are flops priced?
Does it work in a way that if it has a scratch, speck, or other flaw it gets the same discount?
Or is it based on the number and severity? ie, the more and the worse they are the bigger the discount?

Because I was inspecting my Trent and found the flop reason listed, but I also found a bunch of other scratches that were not listed. At least 4 others.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:37 am

Layne27 wrote:Question: How are flops priced?
Does it work in a way that if it has a scratch, speck, or other flaw it gets the same discount?
Or is it based on the number and severity? ie, the more and the worse they are the bigger the discount?

Because I was inspecting my Trent and found the flop reason listed, but I also found a bunch of other scratches that were not listed. At least 4 others.

It's normally 20% discount for any flop reason, regardless of how many there are.
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:40 am

I find it funny how a flop can be anything from a few microscopic nicks on the bottom of the base to a hunk of silicone missing from the shaft! Most are fine and don't affect the overall appearance or usage, but once in a while you'll see some poor toy that looks like it's been in a war zone!

7/9 of my toys are flops, and you probably wouldn't be able to tell, anyway. I generally go for 'x on bottom of base' as it's the least problematic.
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Layne27

Postby Layne27 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:45 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
Layne27 wrote:Question: How are flops priced?

It's normally 20% discount for any flop reason, regardless of how many there are.

Good to know, thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”