/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
HungryStray

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby HungryStray » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:Keep flip flopping if I want a large Pearce or large flint. Both fill my appetite for a big thick toy with balls, but the logo on Pearce really turns me off. On the other hand, I like having different toys in my collection plus he's a shorter useable length. His girth is thinner, but he's a lot cheaper. Hmm... anyone have any suggestions?

I custom ordered a large Pearce and he should be in....tomorrow I think? If you'd like comparison pics I can take some if you think it might help. I don't honestly know if I'm gonna be able to use him much at first when I get him so I can't guarantee I'll have any opinions to give you on him in use. @[email protected]
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:36 pm

HungryStray wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:Keep flip flopping if I want a large Pearce or large flint. Both fill my appetite for a big thick toy with balls, but the logo on Pearce really turns me off. On the other hand, I like having different toys in my collection plus he's a shorter useable length. His girth is thinner, but he's a lot cheaper. Hmm... anyone have any suggestions?

I custom ordered a large Pearce and he should be in....tomorrow I think? If you'd like comparison pics I can take some if you think it might help. I don't honestly know if I'm gonna be able to use him much at first when I get him so I can't guarantee I'll have any opinions to give you on him in use. @[email protected]

Pleeeeeease do <3 what colors did you get! I would love to see pics of him! I think he's a gloriously hot toy.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Niah wrote:

Considering the logo and aesthetics, I'd go for Flint. Pearce looks kind of appealing, but in my opinion Flint would be the better of the two for me personally. I already have a small Flint with plans to get a mini as well. Pearce isn't even on my list anymore (he was for a while until I decided that I really don't like that logo).

I love my medium flint! Which is why I was considering a large, like I said I just like having different things in my collection. I love the look of Pearce but hate the logo. Hmmm... Thanks for the input, I'll have to give it some more thought.

If he didn't have that logo or if the logo were on the underside of the base, I'd seriously consider getting a small for myself, but that logo is pretty big distraction and turn off. I don't want to feel it when I'm holding the base or anything like that. Even though I keep my toys shut away in a drawer, I do occasionally take some out just to look at them and I feel that the logo will detract from the rather nice appearance of him. That green to bronze fade (almost like Trent's Tops This) I saw posted looked very nice. A medium Flint would be nice, but I know that I definitely can't handle that big a circumference and I don't toy frequently enough to work up to it. I toy just once or twice a month.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Huh I was looking at some Pearces in the adopts, and it seems like the logo is in different spots on them? Even ones that are the same size. I saw this guy with a logo which look like it created a nick in the base. Some are lower than the others, I wonder if they do stamp it on or if it's part of the mold.

► Show Spoiler
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:Pleeeeeease do <3 what colors did you get! I would love to see pics of him! I think he's a gloriously hot toy.

But of course I will. ^.^ I can set him up next to my large Nox if you'd like?

I got mine in a Pride Streak marble of.... Tyrannosaurus Sex's tip color and the Basilisk Sheath's Mossy Stone. I'm not sure which color is going to be the stripes, I just told them whatever they felt looked better. X3

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:Huh I was looking at some Pearces in the adopts, and it seems like the logo is in different spots on them? Even ones that are the same size. I saw this guy with a logo which look like it created a nick in the base. Some are lower than the others, I wonder if they do stamp it on or if it's part of the mold.

► Show Spoiler

That's interesting. I would be surprised if they used a stamp, though, because that adds an extra step—and thus extra time—to the process.

Perhaps they didn't quite pour as much silicone into the mould as they should have for this toy. It may look like the logo is lower, but I'd bet the bottom few millimetres are simply missing.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:20 am

Ok, so I think I've gotten to the point in which I have so much stuff in my sex stuff collection, that I need a way to organize it. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas? Preferrably those who have decent size collections (I'm needing to organize toys, bondage stuff, small items, etc.). I can keep a list, that's no problem, but I need a way to keep all my stuff to where I'm not A) having to dig through all my toys just to find a pair of handcuffs, and B) not having to worry about loosing the little things (nipple clamps for example). Thanks in advance!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:05 am

Akanisen wrote:Ok, so I think I've gotten to the point in which I have so much stuff in my sex stuff collection, that I need a way to organize it. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas? Preferrably those who have decent size collections (I'm needing to organize toys, bondage stuff, small items, etc.). I can keep a list, that's no problem, but I need a way to keep all my stuff to where I'm not A) having to dig through all my toys just to find a pair of handcuffs, and B) not having to worry about loosing the little things (nipple clamps for example). Thanks in advance!

Depends entirely on the space available to you! I personally use one of those rolling under-bed plastic bins for my toys with a black towel lining it, and then keep a smaller plastic bin with dividers in it (I think it might be either a jewelry or make-up one?) for smaller pieces since I can keep them separate more easily. The larger plastic bin has a lid that can half-open from either side, too, making it easy to just reach in and grab a go-to toy if I want it.
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:26 am

Ixick wrote:
Akanisen wrote:Ok, so I think I've gotten to the point in which I have so much stuff in my sex stuff collection, that I need a way to organize it. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas? Preferrably those who have decent size collections (I'm needing to organize toys, bondage stuff, small items, etc.). I can keep a list, that's no problem, but I need a way to keep all my stuff to where I'm not A) having to dig through all my toys just to find a pair of handcuffs, and B) not having to worry about loosing the little things (nipple clamps for example). Thanks in advance!

Depends entirely on the space available to you! I personally use one of those rolling under-bed plastic bins for my toys with a black towel lining it, and then keep a smaller plastic bin with dividers in it (I think it might be either a jewelry or make-up one?) for smaller pieces since I can keep them separate more easily. The larger plastic bin has a lid that can half-open from either side, too, making it easy to just reach in and grab a go-to toy if I want it.

I was just about to suggest something similar to this. I have 23 toys with plans to get 4-5 more to complete my collection and I'm pretty much out of room in my sock/underwear drawer. I maybe should sell a few that don't get much use... The only space in my room is under my bed, so I think I'm going to get container large enough for the toys, but low enough to slide under the bed. I'll also have to make sure it isn't clear, since I'd rather make up some excuse as to what's inside rather than have my parents (or anyone else) immediately see and know what's inside, lol.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:36 am

RigidDreamer wrote:That's interesting. I would be surprised if they used a stamp, though, because that adds an extra step—and thus extra time—to the process.

Perhaps they didn't quite pour as much silicone into the mould as they should have for this toy. It may look like the logo is lower, but I'd bet the bottom few millimetres are simply missing.

I had the exact same thoughts! I just thought it was interesting looking through and seeing some logos in different positions.

HungryStray wrote:But of course I will. ^.^ I can set him up next to my large Nox if you'd like?

I got mine in a Pride Streak marble of.... Tyrannosaurus Sex's tip color and the Basilisk Sheath's Mossy Stone. I'm not sure which color is going to be the stripes, I just told them whatever they felt looked better. X3

Oh that sounds super neat! Everyone has been doing pride streaks it seems. I'm not too concerned about the size since I've taken bigger but a comparison would be great! I'm hoping they show off opal and their fall colors today, I might get him in opal or sinister pumpkin. My boyfriend also likes the idea of me getting Pearce over another flint too. Opal would look really pretty!
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:37 am

I don't recall where i saw it but someone uses one of those over the door shoe storage system for their toys

Clear pockets and didnt take up much space
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:07 am

Ixick wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/7-Drawer-Storage ... B00ISOM918 - i use one of these for my 50-odd collection. handcuffs on the top, small toys i like laid flat on the first drawer, second drawer for toys i need to try, third drawer for anal stuff, fourth drawer for hard-to-store things like vibrators and their cords and elypse art inflating tubes. fifth drawer for everything that will stand upright, sixth drawer lay everything too long and bulky to fit in the other drawers flat, seventh drawer for vixskin tubes. i have lots of smaller toys so this works for me, but if you tend towards size queen/king territory you might have to go for something more like this: http://www.shopirisusa.com/5-drawer-wid ... hgodqeAPFQ

it does a nice job of keeping most of the dust and fluff off, which i imagine to be kind of a nightmare with shoe storage, and i'll occasionally give the whole thing an antiseptic wipe-down. it's really important to me that my silicone stay clean.
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
kt~

Postby kt~ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:HAh! I realized it would make a great dick for a character I really like but I'm done with customs from bd

It's amazing how many people I've seen saying are "done buying customs from BD" (myself included).

I wonder if it is affecting their business at all? I wonder if all this mainstreaming and stuff is worth it for them.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Idra

Postby Idra » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:45 pm

kt~ wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:HAh! I realized it would make a great dick for a character I really like but I'm done with customs from bd

It's amazing how many people I've seen saying are "done buying customs from BD" (myself included).

I wonder if it is affecting their business at all? I wonder if all this mainstreaming and stuff is worth it for them.

I've been done buying customs since before I started buying from BD. The color matching issues alone are enough to make me swear off, but then there's the whole getting different answers from different CS people, giving the people who buy customs the shitty one and putting the other one up in adopts, the removal of a shitload of color options unless you accept the color disclaimer... none of which I'm willing to do.

I'm debating hardcore about getting an Opal Flint because I want a small/5 Flint and those drop way more rarely than small Flints in 2 or 3, plus I love the Opal color, but I'm not sure it's worth buying it at full price when I'm sure flops will show up. But that's not really a "true" custom since it's a promo color.

I just dunno. BD's toys aren't cheap and customs are a hefty price on top of that -- for a small toy the custom work can easily be half as much again as the base model. And then I see so many people scrambling to find existing BD colors that are close to what they want because BD can't be trusted with hex codes, I see so many disappointing customs, I see BD's customer service routinely telling people "that's the best we could do" when it clearly isn't acceptable (and in some cases then putting better versions in adopts), I see BD not attempting designs other companies don't blink at... and then I see other companies like EE where even when people aren't satisfied with their customs they still say things like "it's amazing, but not AS AMAZING as I pictured/hoped" etc. Bleh.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
kt~

Postby kt~ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:58 pm

Idra wrote: :words:

It's honestly such a shame. I would say don't buy Opal as a custom, at full price. Even promo colors (which are usually only like 2 color marbles) get screwed up. Like my Heavy Hitter Xar, I got the wrong size toy first, but when I got the repour in the right size, the colors were very dull and didn't match either the picture on the site OR the first toy I received, in supposedly the same color.

I've seen other people get simple 2 color marbles that were messed up or horribly unbalanced.

That's the main thing putting me off from finishing up my BD customs wishlist. All the custom colors I still want (besides Slasher Silver) are 2 color marbles, and I don't feel like gambling on whether my toy's colors will come out balanced or not. And if they come out badly, I know I'll get super pissed and then I'll be that person again who's always ranting on the BD forums and then I'll want to throw out/sell the toy, because I don't have normal emotional reactions :doh:

But anyway.....it's the beginning of October still, you should wait and see if any small/5 Flints drop in Opal, hopefully you can find one you like. I would actually say most small Flints I see, are poured in 5, not 3? :psyduck:

Edit: I fucked up quotes...

Idra

Postby Idra » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:09 pm

kt~ wrote:It's honestly such a shame. I would say don't buy Opal as a custom, at full price. Even promo colors (which are usually only like 2 color marbles) get screwed up. Like my Heavy Hitter Xar, I got the wrong size toy first, but when I got the repour in the right size, the colors were very dull and didn't match either the picture on the site OR the first toy I received, in supposedly the same color.

I've seen other people get simple 2 color marbles that were messed up or horribly unbalanced.

That's the main thing putting me off from finishing up my BD customs wishlist. All the custom colors I still want (besides Slasher Silver) are 2 color marbles, and I don't feel like gambling on whether my toy's colors will come out balanced or not. And if they come out badly, I know I'll get super pissed and then I'll be that person again who's always ranting on the BD forums and then I'll want to throw out/sell the toy, because I don't have normal emotional reactions :doh:

But anyway.....it's the beginning of October still, you should wait and see if any small/5 Flints drop in Opal, hopefully you can find one you like.

Yeah, I've seen some... laughably bad custom marbles from BD. (Remember that sinister pumpkin one that was literally one side orange, one side blue?) And then I've seen DA's marbling and... yeah. I actually prefer a slightly looser marble than DA's but marbling should look, you know, marbled, not splotched or... whatever BD often does. It's possible if you want two color marbles that stalking adopts for long enough would net you them, but I'm not sure how specific your customs are or if you want to stalk adopts that closely. (Edit: And as far as normal emotional reactions, LET ME TELL YOU that if I plunked down over $100 for a toy I really really wanted, based on this specific thing, and then it came out shitty, I would be SO UPSET. And angry and anxious about bringing that anger to BD's attention. And most customs I would potentially want would be $90-140, when flops of the same models average $50-80. So I'm just not gonna.)

And as far as Flint, I'm not like... married to Opal for it. I really really wanted it in Opal, but then I bought my flop Opal Tongue and now I'm not AS bothered cause I have a lovely model in Opal already! Mostly I just want a 5 firm Flint in something pretty. Like... I'd still love Opal, but we'll see just HOW much I really care about getting Opal specifically and whether I'm willing to gamble on a custom. At that price. Right now the price alone (when small Flint's flops would be $64) is kind of putting me off ordering it. Anyone know how much Opal is as a custom color in October?

(Edit: They dropped a bunch of new ones in 5 today and a bunch of 5th kind ones in 5 when that came out, so they do drop 5s fairly often depending, but I don't love any of the ones that are up! Cause I'm picky :doh: )
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
kt~

Postby kt~ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Idra wrote:Yeah, I've seen some... laughably bad custom marbles from BD. (Remember that sinister pumpkin one that was literally one side orange, one side blue?) And then I've seen DA's marbling and... yeah. I actually prefer a slightly looser marble than DA's but marbling should look, you know, marbled, not splotched or... whatever BD often does. It's possible if you want two color marbles that stalking adopts for long enough would net you them, but I'm not sure how specific your customs are or if you want to stalk adopts that closely.

My customs aren't that specific honestly (I mainly really want Furry Road, Slasher Silver, and Infinity Star, but 2 of those are marbles and I've definitely seen shitty Infinity Stars...). The main issue with adoptions is that BD never drops promo color toys in soft. I order all my toys in soft, so all my promo color toys have been customs.

Idra wrote:(Edit: And as far as normal emotional reactions, LET ME TELL YOU that if I plunked down over $100 for a toy I really really wanted, based on this specific thing, and then it came out shitty, I would be SO UPSET. And angry and anxious about bringing that anger to BD's attention. And most customs I would potentially want would be $90-140, when flops of the same models average $50-80. So I'm just not gonna.)

Ah well yes. It's understandable really.

Idra wrote:And as far as Flint, I'm not like... married to Opal for it. I really really wanted it in Opal, but then I bought my flop Opal Tongue and now I'm not AS bothered cause I have a lovely model in Opal already! Mostly I just want a 5 firm Flint in something pretty. Like... I'd still love Opal, but we'll see just HOW much I really care about getting Opal specifically and whether I'm willing to gamble on a custom. At that price. Right now the price alone (when small Flint's flops would be $64) is kind of putting me off ordering it. Anyone know how much Opal is as a custom color in October?

(Edit: They dropped a bunch of new ones in 5 today and a bunch of 5th kind ones in 5 when that came out, so they do drop 5s fairly often depending, but I don't love any of the ones that are up! Cause I'm picky :doh: )

I think Opal was $30 during October? Does anyone else remember? Because it's translucent white over a 3 color marble I think? I'm not the custom color pricing expert though
And I seriously swear, 90% of what BD drops is medium firmness. You should have no problems finding one, I'm sure they'll drop 20 medium firmness Opal Flints, if not more.

Idra

Postby Idra » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:46 pm

kt~ wrote:My customs aren't that specific honestly (I mainly really want Furry Road, Slasher Silver, and Infinity Star, but 2 of those are marbles and I've definitely seen shitty Infinity Stars...). The main issue with adoptions is that BD never drops promo color toys in soft. I order all my toys in soft, so all my promo color toys have been customs.

Ahhhhhhhhh that's no good. :/ I don't know WHY they don't drop more 3s and 8s in promo colors, they'd definitely sell. Especially the 3s, since plenty of people around here say that either they want all their toys in 3 or all toys over a certain size in 3. Even as someone who likes firm toys, I move closer to medium and even soft for thicker and/or more textured toys (hence wanting Flint in medium, and my large Tongue in soft). I mean, they already do the packers which everyone seems to use as regular toys, so they must know there's demand???? Idk. A lot of BD's business decisions baffle me.

I bet you could sell off those colorations if you did order them custom and weren't happy, but you'd have to eat some of the cost, so :///
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Holy heck yes. My birthday prezzies a little early. <3 I got a custom Pearce and a Captain Pierce. Yaaaaaasssss. :misc2: :nomnom:

► Show Spoiler

DoorsofDurin

Postby DoorsofDurin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:58 pm

HungryStray wrote: Holy heck yes. My birthday prezzies a little early. <3 I got a custom Pearce and a Captain Pierce. Yaaaaaasssss. :misc2: :nomnom:

► Show Spoiler

Haha that is awesome :)

I need a smaller Pearce myself. Going to wait a few weeks and see if an interesting custom color pops up. Too bad Heavy Hitter has come and gone.
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”