/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Fae Fantase

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:28 pm

I can't see a Crackers or Nocturne? I suppose it's for the best since it's probably super gorgeous that they wouldn't touch as a custom unless it's for a cam girl. I get that they want to show off their best. Yet it seems sort of bait and switch to send only their prettiest toys that are NOT typical custom marbles to cam girls to show off what they got as a custom. Even a customer that has spent hundreds, or probably even a thousand or more for some fot he bigger collections I've seen isn't going to get that type of marble or mayhaps not even that clean of a fade that the cam girls get.

I did get marble I mostly liked from a custom Crash..I just found I wasn't really in love with small Crash in any firmness. It had a couple of almost-stripes that I thought suited the model well. I'm not sure why I like my medium Crash better than both the small 3/soft and small 5/medium I bought..it has the same minimal texture until the knot..perhaps because the knot is longer thus more texture plus the shaft is thicker combined :mystery:. Yet I'm only able to ride the medium due to size..didn't find I liked riding the small at all. So peculiar.
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Corbett

Postby Corbett » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:30 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm suddenly super upset with the customs I basically had to "settle with"

I'm right there with you. That is a sucker punch to ever 200 + toy I have gotten. Simple fades gone muddy and sloppy marbles. It hurts and it's really shitty public relations. They are not transparent and now they are on the road to burning the fan base . Once you lose creditabilty as a company it's the hardest thing to ever get back. I hope the main stream customers are worth it . I'm just getting hurt and bitter.

On a side note I sent for a custom for EA and I got a yes. Feels nice to be treated like a decent customer again.
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:32 pm

lovelyscales wrote:I can't see a Crackers or Nocturne? I suppose it's for the best since it's probably super gorgeous that they wouldn't touch as a custom unless it's for a cam girl. It's a shame the companies that do amazing marbles can't guarantee your marble will look like one of the nice ones, in BD's case won't do the tight or lacey marbles for customs, can take a super long time due to being understaffed, or don't take customs. I don't know a single soul who really prefers blocky or extremely loose marbles like what comes out of B-D customs and some E-E customs and some indie maker customs which is more understandable if they are newer to working with silicone.

It's this picture right here.

Also I went to find BD salt on tumblr to soothe my salty urges and apparently I don't follow the right people or can't find the tags they're using because I'm seeing barely any, someone direct me to some
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Moonmeat wrote:Salt shaker, found per request. Image
Credit to Alfvie!

I just wish Bad Dragon would update what they can and can't do; because it's really disheartening to see them giving this stuff away. :B I've always envied them for their quality but they have been slipping lately.

ImageImageImage
All of my salt
All of my salt
oh all of my salt
for yooouuuu (BD)
:misc4:
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Idra wrote:It's this picture right here.

[color=#FF8000] Sooo strange..the picture won't show up for me it merely shows text no picture :mystery:. Now BBC code won't work either. Not sure if it's my computer now or the forums.
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:40 pm

Idra wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:I can't see a Crackers or Nocturne? I suppose it's for the best since it's probably super gorgeous that they wouldn't touch as a custom unless it's for a cam girl. It's a shame the companies that do amazing marbles can't guarantee your marble will look like one of the nice ones, in BD's case won't do the tight or lacey marbles for customs, can take a super long time due to being understaffed, or don't take customs. I don't know a single soul who really prefers blocky or extremely loose marbles like what comes out of B-D customs and some E-E customs and some indie maker customs which is more understandable if they are newer to working with silicone.

It's this picture right here.

Um... there's no picture there.

Edit: My Disconnect extension blocked the pic for some reason. Weird.
Last edited by RigidDreamer on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm

lovelyscales wrote:

[color=#FF8000] Sooo strange..the picture won't show up for me it merely shows text no picture :mystery:.

Try this link:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CteXSoxWEAA_s6v.jpg
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:49 pm

I suddenly feel like crossing off the rest of my wish list and just walking away.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:50 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I suddenly feel like crossing off the rest of my wish list and just walking away.

I don't blame you, I seriously feel the same way :eyeroll: people who actually pay for these things get put through so much shit and end up with flawed customs or can't even get their custom ideas made.
Last edited by kt~ on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:50 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I suddenly feel like crossing off the rest of my wish list and just walking away.

I feel like throwing away my wishlist and walking away. I'm in the "why should I give them money for being terrible" phase of my grief. :unamused:

RigidDreamer wrote:
Edit: My Disconnect extension blocked the pic for some reason. Weird.

Were you able to see it, then?
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:

[color=#FF8000] Sooo strange..the picture won't show up for me it merely shows text no picture :mystery:.

Try this link:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CteXSoxWEAA_s6v.jpg

Thanks! Good lord that's an amazing pour. That's like E-E levels of customization :bugeyed:. I wish they would be willing to do this for us "average" customers who spend way more on their toys than cam girls who get free toys do for an extra fee. I'd glady pay a hunk extra for tighter, lacey, or whispy marbles, Aurora/Rainbow Ribbon, or striped base toys, etc.

In a way I see why they give free toys to cam girls. In theory it gets the word out there about the company. In practice I feel it falls flat. Here's why. Who is the main audience for cam girls? Straight men, specifically straight men who aren't trans*. The odds of them buying a toy to insert into themselves after watching a cam girl are very low. There's also that feeling of bait and switch. You see these special amazing pours they do for cam girls or once in a great while a very popular big name youtuber..which is probably going to give you more exposure honestly since all types watch youtubers that don't normally do sex toy reviews. Yet they never do these amazing pours for regular customs..you rarely get tight marbles as customs. Unless mayhaps it's 3 - 4 colors. Yet I've seen 3 color marbles with blocky or loose marbling.

I say why not give the cam girls regular custom marbles or single color metallic/pearl. Those can still look fancier than a standard single plain/matte color. While not being misleading about what they actually offer as customs to customers not getting free toys.
katze

Postby katze » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Idk, imo the glossy effect makes it look cheap, but that's just me :mystery:

Benefit of the (unlikely) doubt, this has something to do with the "big things to come". But I very highly doubt it, after all the streamlining they did already.

It's fine if they want to experiment and try new things, but it's different when we get told no to so much. And if they want to do pours like this once in a while, why not hold a giveaway or contest?
Last edited by katze on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Moonmeat

Postby Moonmeat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:59 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
In a way I see why they give free toys to cam girls. In theory it gets the word out there about the company. In practice I feel it falls flat. Here's why. Who is the main audience for cam girls? Straight men, specifically straight men who aren't trans*. The odds of them buying a toy to insert into themselves after watching a cam girl are very low. There's also that feeling of bait and switch. You see these special amazing pours they do for cam girls or once in a great while a very popular big name youtuber..which is probably going to give you more exposure honestly since all types watch youtubers that don't normally do sex toy reviews. Yet they never do these amazing pours for regular customs..you rarely get tight marbles as customs. Unless mayhaps it's 3 - 4 colors. Yet I've seen 3 color marbles with blocky or loose marbling.

Amen, fuckin' preach it. It's so disheartening to see all these camgirls getting free, beautiful toys in colours that more than half the time we can't even get and you know it's all straight men getting their rocks off to it and won't really be interested in buying a toy. :misc4:
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:03 pm

lovelyscales wrote:I say why not give the cam girls regular custom marbles or single color metallic/pearl. Those can still look fancier than a standard single plain/matte color. While not being misleading about what they actually offer as customs to customers not getting free toys.[/color][/b]

I remember I saw a youtube review a few years ago where the reviewer had been given a small Winston in a yellow to dark red fade for free to review. Because the fade was yellow and red, it mixed in the middle to be orange, like a fire gradient, which again showed of the capabilities of the silicone wonderfully. The reviewer was able to talk about her experiences ordering, plus how much extra it would cost to get a custom fade, but she was showing a toy that was representative of what an average customer could actually purchase. Because that was some of my first exposure to BD toys and I was coming from the world of mainstream (pink/purple/black, solid) toys, a fade like that was super impressive to me and made me very interested.

If she had shown a toy that was like that Crackers, and then said that it isn't possible to order it for yourself, then I would not have been nearly as impressed. I watch reviews because I want to see what I could potentially buy and whether it would be worth spending my money on such an item, not to see examples of amazing stuff I can't get. (Plus the asking price of something like that Crackers, knowing BD, would be incredibly high, which would make it mostly-inaccessible to ME, but it wouldn't be inaccessible to others if they had the cash for that.)
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Holy carp
I think that's Lloyd Kaufman

Troma! :widesmile:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Dorito

Postby Dorito » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm suddenly super upset with the customs I basically had to "settle with" now.
I wish ee didn't do animal lifecasts. Or had an uncut human.

^This is me. I want customs of some of their non life cast models SO bad, but I'm really torn on supporting them as a company.

Also agreeing that it feels pretty bad that camgirls are getting crazy customs and we can't even pay for them... that Crackers is gorgeous and I'd absolutely be willing to save up for a custom like that. It shows that they can do small details. Not trying to be salty, but it really doesn't feel fair.
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:21 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Holy carp

It is.
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Screamy wrote:

It is.

Well, hell
Of COURSE he'd get an apex toy!

Preferably a one of a kind never to be done again

Cause....
Troma!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:27 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Screamy wrote:

It is.

Well, hell
Of COURSE he'd get an apex toy!

Preferably a one of a kind never to be done again

Cause....
Troma!

I'm sorry, I really dont know what Troma is :/
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Idra wrote: watch reviews because I want to see what I could potentially buy and whether it would be worth spending my money on such an item, not to see examples of amazing stuff I can't get. (Plus the asking price of something like that Crackers, knowing BD, would be incredibly high, which would make it mostly-inaccessible to ME, but it wouldn't be inaccessible to others if they had the cash for that.)[/color]

Excellent point.

I started doing toy reviews on Tumblr after getting asked about a few of mine that weren't from BD. I know Tumblr has it's drama and salt too..I just don't know where else to post text based reviews..plus I love following indie makers. I've decided for now against posting B-D reviews there. Because almost all my toys I've kept and not sold off have been ready mades and thus most of them aren't representative of what you would get as a custom. I'd hate to misrepresent to potential buyers even with a disclaimer

Example. Here's my custom made Turqoise Crash. I loved the front of the toy how the marble is almost stripe admittedly. Just didn't care much for small crash. Yet compared to my ready made legacy Breeder, ready made mini Roland in the same holiday color. You can clearly see a big difference in the types or marbling jobs on these toys.

Last edited by Fae Fantase on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”