/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
NaughtyMewMew

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby NaughtyMewMew » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:48 am

Everyone that ordered slugs, PLEASE post pics when you get them! I have a thread in the Show Me forums for them. Mine have shipped and should be here Friday, so I'll be able to take and post pics Saturday morning. ^_^
Is finally the proud and pleasured owner of Zalkin, the adopted Anthro Dragon! v1
Order #8465
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:19 am

Ugh. I (still) can't decide on a model I want badly enough to get in opal. So I guess no opal for me unless I've made up my mind by the year in review :(
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:32 am

Idra wrote:Ugh. I (still) can't decide on a model I want badly enough to get in opal. So I guess no opal for me unless I've made up my mind by the year in review :(

Which ones were you having a think on?
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:53 am

HungryStray wrote:
Idra wrote:Ugh. I (still) can't decide on a model I want badly enough to get in opal. So I guess no opal for me unless I've made up my mind by the year in review :(

I dunno. Part of the problem is my wishlist is relatively complete. And I do have that Tongue in Opal, so I don't feel desperate to get it or anything.

I've been debating an Echo for a while now, but I'm not sure that the shape would work for me, so I've also been waiting to see if I could get one secondhand for relatively cheap...

And then I was also thinking of a small Sleip, but I'm not sure how opal would look on a Sleip and I'm not 100% on that shape working for me.

And lastly I was considering a Bumble because everyone has been singing Bumble's praises lately, but a) I'm really iffy about supporting that and b) it looks like it could be exactly the right shape to miss the relevant "spots" entirely.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:22 am

Idra wrote:
HungryStray wrote:

I dunno. Part of the problem is my wishlist is relatively complete. And I do have that Tongue in Opal, so I don't feel desperate to get it or anything.

I've been debating an Echo for a while now, but I'm not sure that the shape would work for me, so I've also been waiting to see if I could get one secondhand for relatively cheap...

And then I was also thinking of a small Sleip, but I'm not sure how opal would look on a Sleip and I'm not 100% on that shape working for me.

And lastly I was considering a Bumble because everyone has been singing Bumble's praises lately, but a) I'm really iffy about supporting that and b) it looks like it could be exactly the right shape to miss the relevant "spots" entirely.

Supporting what? O.o? Horse-like donger? Either way, I'm sure you know each body is different. My medium/5 Bumble didn't work for me, it went straight for all of my uncomfortable spots, so I'm gonna try a large/3 at some point and see if that doesn't work a bit better.

My sister loves my small Sleipnir (I still haven't gotten it back) and I hear a lot of positive feedback about it. Small was a touch too small for me personally, but based on how the small feels, I'd say he's probably a winner. I imagine he'd looks really impressive in opal as well, but if you're unsure I would wait. <3
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
katze

Postby katze » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:36 am

Part of me wants to order a medium echo in nox's signature *_*

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
reine

Postby reine » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:03 pm

katze wrote:Part of me wants to order a medium echo in nox's signature *_*

Echo can't support fades in any size, sadly. :( I ticketed about a custom fade a while back and was told that the model doesn't hold fades well, so they can't offer it as an option.

It's a shame, since Nox's Signature would look really nice!
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
katze

Postby katze » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:07 pm

reine wrote:
katze wrote:Part of me wants to order a medium echo in nox's signature *_*

Echo can't support fades in any size, sadly. :( I ticketed about a custom fade a while back and was told that the model doesn't hold fades well, so they can't offer it as an option.

It's a shame, since Nox's Signature would look really nice!

Well shit, I totally forgot. That sucks :(

At least my wallet is safe now.

Edit: MMMMMM I could get it on a medium terra...

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:30 pm

HungryStray wrote:
Idra wrote:

Supporting what? O.o? Horse-like donger?

My guess is the fact that it's based off MLP and that means, according to some, that it's sexualizing children's programming and therefore, somehow, sexualizing children. I don't agree with that assessment, but that seems to be the most common argument surrounding toys like Bumble (and SS).
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Idra wrote:

My guess is the fact that it's based off MLP and that means, according to some, that it's sexualizing children's programming and therefore, somehow, sexualizing children. I don't agree with that assessment, but that seems to be the most common argument surrounding toys like Bumble (and SS).

I remember that fallout on Tumblr actually... Since a lot of people went mad about it there as well as the thread.

But they are both depicted as adults with jobs, and they are intelligent enough to concent.

Then you have the children aren't going to come across them by accident since BD site flags as adult and any parental lock, or safe search blocks this site. So it's not really harming anyone. However people did get pretty nasty about that.
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Idra wrote:

Ooh that explains it. I've been so confused about why MLP is associated with pedophilia. I mean based on what I've seen it isn't prorating children. I didn't make the connection that since the show is "meant for children" that's how people were arguing the pedophilia angle. Not that I care enough about other's opinions on the matter to have gone digging. :eyeroll:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Rispy_Girl wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:
HungryStray wrote:Supporting what? O.o? Horse-like donger?

Ooh that explains it. I've been so confused about why MLP is associated with pedophilia. I mean based on what I've seen it isn't prorating children. I didn't make the connection that since the show is "meant for children" that's how people were arguing the pedophilia angle. Not that I care enough about other's opinions on the matter to have gone digging. :eyeroll:

Sorry if I am misunderstanding who that eye roll is aimed at, but I didn't "go digging" at all. I was here for both toy releases and people like me, even after having experienced childhood molestation, were/are still labeled as pedophiles.

Even the show's creator has stated the mane 6 are indeed adults, and I believe the age range on them is supposed to be something like 20 - 26. In fact, in the episode "Pinkie Pride", Rainbow Dash's birthday cake is sporting 21 candles, which has the majority of fans thinking it was her 21st birthday. In any case, if a pony looks like an adult in the show, it probably is. Anyone underage in the show is glaringly obvious.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Why are you all even trying to argue this. We all know it's an ugly can of worms to open. Respects peoples personal opinions and preferences and leave it at that :eyeroll:
katze

Postby katze » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:36 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:Why are you all even trying to argue this. We all know it's an ugly can of worms to open. Respects peoples personal opinions and preferences and leave it at that :eyeroll:

I agree.

^ↀᴥↀ^

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote: :words:

I...think Rispy was agreeing with you tho....

No, I am not trying to perpetuate the topic, just wanted to clarify that no hostility was meant here. Rispy is a sweet person.
Last edited by Vitani on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Vitani wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote: :words:

I...think Rispy was agreeing with you tho....

I wasn't 100% sure, which is why I said I had no idea who it was aimed at and explained further. I have difficulty understanding things sometimes, especially things in text form, so that's why I included the "Sorry if I'm misunderstanding..." line. I'm perfectly happy to not reply on this topic further.
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:46 pm

Yeah, the MLP stuff. I'm not going to argue about it/talk further about it because I'm never going to change anyone's mind but I'm not comfortable with it personally.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm not really into the characters aspect of fantasy toys. So I don't look to see what the model's based on. I wasn't going to get a Bumble because of the aesthetic and logo on both sides. Yet I saw a really pretty space looking one in that semi-transluscent murky blue I've been wanting a toy in with marbling. Plus saw so much love for the model from vaginal toyers so broke down and got it. I don't regret it because for me it provides a nice and unique sensation..my body loves toys with odd shaped heads. I thought I wouldn't get much from it because it's straight but it's become one of my favorite thrusters and I'm considering a small even if I see a pretty flop or secondhand for the right price. YMMV.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
reine

Postby reine » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Idra wrote:Yeah, the MLP stuff. I'm not going to argue about it/talk further about it because I'm never going to change anyone's mind but I'm not comfortable with it personally.

If you're uncomfortable with it, I'd lean towards passing on Bumble and getting a different model instead. I personally don't like the MLP stuff either, and I'd hate to spend a bunch of money on something that would make me uncomfortable every time I look at it. :psyduck:

Can't speak for in-use, but I've seen a few Sleipnirs in Opal in the adoptions before, and I thought they all looked really good! It's got a lot of texture, so I think it holds the silvery highlight pretty nicely.

Echo seems to be a popular model and Opal is a popular colour, so if you go with that and it doesn't work out, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who'd be interested in buying it off of you.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:01 pm

I would hope people didn't argue too much about it, because it's only going to hurt people's feelings all round. The arguments where really nasty. I did actually lurk the whole thread, because what was said on Tumblr and I was curious.

But yeah, if the association would be too much to the show and that was off putting, a different model is probably wise. Since the user is the one that needs to be happy with the toy at the end of the day.

Return to “General Discussion”