/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
karla-chan

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby karla-chan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:21 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
milk wrote:i just waaant my toys to sell. too paranoid to use anything i wasnt the first owner for lately. no idea why since this wasnt a problem at all before..

Same and same! (and I'm too paranoid to buy more toys when I have ones I'm trying to sell ><)
And I've not had much of a problem with second hand toys until recently myself.
I think maybe because both toys I've gotten had a really strong smell to them. Nothing bad, just like, peoples house smells. And that really put me off for some reason.
The last one I got was so strong I could smell it through the box :x

Even if they smell strong then you can clean them up well before use. Bicarbonate of soda is amazing for cleaning smells in a really gentle way. It's safe on silicone because I've used it before on other silicone items. I've also used it on resin which is also something you have to be careful with.

I have had packages bought that stunk so much of smoke that I wanted to vomit even before opening it, and it's still done the job.

Then because it's platinum silicone, boiling it for longer than 5 minutes will make it completely safe and kill anything nasty.
milk

Postby milk » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:28 am

karla-chan wrote:I have had packages bought that stunk so much of smoke that I wanted to vomit even before opening it, and it's still done the job.

do people just not think of mentioning theyre a heavy smoker before selling..you might lose out on sales but theres bound to be someone who wont care
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:41 am

milk wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I have had packages bought that stunk so much of smoke that I wanted to vomit even before opening it, and it's still done the job.

do people just not think of mentioning theyre a heavy smoker before selling..you might lose out on sales but theres bound to be someone who wont care

It really makes me angry when people don't mention it, because people have allergies. So they are endangering people for a sale. It's like you should mention pets for the same reason, but people are better at that.

I'm not allergic but it makes me a little ill, so it's still deeply unpleasant.
milk

Postby milk » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:52 am

karla-chan wrote:It really makes me angry when people don't mention it, because people have allergies. So they are endangering people for a sale. It's like you should mention pets for the same reason, but people are better at that.

yeah its common courtesy and better for both parties in the end. one person doesnt end up with a smelly toy and the other doesnt end up being known as the person sending out smelly toys.

its kinda funny how everyone emphasizes the pets arent going near the toys like..i hope they arent? i get what they mean though.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:59 am

milk wrote:
karla-chan wrote:It really makes me angry when people don't mention it, because people have allergies. So they are endangering people for a sale. It's like you should mention pets for the same reason, but people are better at that.

yeah its common courtesy and better for both parties in the end. one person doesnt end up with a smelly toy and the other doesnt end up being known as the person sending out smelly toys.

its kinda funny how everyone emphasizes the pets arent going near the toys like..i hope they arent? i get what they mean though.

I agree it's common courtesy anyway, but it's also important to stress it could be bad for some people, and you really don't want to be reasonable for making someone sick.

I see people stress that about pets too, but pet hair can get everywhere. Like my dog isn't allowed in my room at all. But when I hoover I still can find pet hair. Assuming it's been on me and fallen off later. It's only a small amount, but it needs to be mentioned because allergies are serious.
milk

Postby milk » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:19 am

karla-chan wrote:I agree it's common courtesy anyway, but it's also important to stress it could be bad for some people, and you really don't want to be reasonable for making someone sick.

I see people stress that about pets too, but pet hair can get everywhere. Like my dog isn't allowed in my room at all. But when I hoover I still can find pet hair. Assuming it's been on me and fallen off later. It's only a small amount, but it needs to be mentioned because allergies are serious.

oh i definitely agree with you. id be pissed if i bought a toy that was overly smokey when the seller didnt mention it because it can make me pretty ill. its my responsibility to keep that away but i assume most would let you know beforehand.

pet hair sticks to tons of things and silicone is 100% one of them
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:23 am

milk wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I agree it's common courtesy anyway, but it's also important to stress it could be bad for some people, and you really don't want to be reasonable for making someone sick.

oh i definitely agree with you. id be pissed if i bought a toy that was overly smokey when the seller didnt mention it because it can make me pretty ill. its my responsibility to keep that away but i assume most would let you know beforehand.

pet hair sticks to tons of things and silicone is 100% one of them

It's the sellers responsibility to mention it, then the buyer can make an informed choice.

Oh boy, do I know that! But even if you think it's clean, you don't know what is setting off the allergy. Like my partner's brother is only allergic to female pets.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:50 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Glad I'm not the only one with money anxiety ><;

And yeah. I ended up sending the toy back (it had way more air bubbles in it than the trader described) but even though I could get the smell out it kinda just put me off :unamused:

Also edit to add if someone has a large fenrir, if they can measure the toy from the tip of the head to the bottom of the knot for me.

If the seller had not been fully honest about other things, I would want to send it back for a refund too. Since what else would they not be honest about?

Although if in future it is only the smell, bicarbonate of soda does do wonders. I would get something deep enough to cover the toy in full like a tray, or pan. Fill it with boiling water and put a couple of heaped spoons of bicarbonate of soda in and leave it for a good few hours to soak.

Then boil for over 5 minuets for the sterilise as normal.
Sean

Postby Sean » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:35 pm

[Heavily breathes into the microphone] I'm ready for the sale.....
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
Feliciaty

Postby Feliciaty » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Is it me or did BD's site update?
Female|Asexual|Not looking for partner
|21|Artist|Writer|
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Feliciaty wrote:Is it me or did BD's site update?

They were doing maintenance earlier! So maybe?

Edit: Wait... The adoptions page... now has pagination and has a "find specific model" button? O.O
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Feliciaty

Postby Feliciaty » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:57 pm

blushingkitten wrote:

Yeah it looks like they added pages (which is slightly annoying thanks to the extension I'm using) also an option to choose models which is probably for the black friday sale.

The model choosing option is something I hope they keep. It'll be incredibly useful.
|21|Artist|Writer|
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:58 pm

Feliciaty wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:

Yeah it looks like they added pages (which is slightly annoying thanks to the extension I'm using) also an option to choose models which is probably for the black friday sale.

The model choosing option is something I hope they keep. It'll be incredibly useful.

Part of me feels happy about the pages because maybe it will load faster on mobile... But I wish there was an option to "view all". I liked to use the "Find" on my computer and just go immediately to the toy model I want... Although, I guess if they keep the "find model" button, I won't have to do that anymore. :)
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Feliciaty

Postby Feliciaty » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:12 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
Feliciaty wrote:Part of me feels happy about the pages because maybe it will load faster on mobile... But I wish there was an option to "view all". I liked to use the "Find" on my computer and just go immediately to the toy model I want... Although, I guess if they keep the "find model" button, I won't have to do that anymore. :)

Yeah, hopefully after the BF sale they'll decide to keep it. It'll probably make a lot of people happy. :stick:
|21|Artist|Writer|
DoorsofDurin

Postby DoorsofDurin » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:35 am

Holy shit it loads fast now! Also the preview images are larger. Pretty sweet. :misc2: :widesmile:
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:15 am

DoorsofDurin wrote:Holy shit it loads fast now! Also the preview images are larger. Pretty sweet. :misc2: :widesmile:

things normaly load slow for me, these aren't on this page. other sites, slow
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:58 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:SOON

:smile:
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Feliciaty

Postby Feliciaty » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:02 am

Holy crap it crashed already. :laugh:
|21|Artist|Writer|
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:02 am

Down she gooooes.