/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
HungryStray

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby HungryStray » Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 am

KnotyDes wrote:how cautious should i be about secondhand deals? i have been looking at this viewtopic.php?f=134&t=51411 and am worried because the post only has 1 post in the forums (that one btw). Any advice would be appreciated

If it's a sale and you're using PayPal, you should be pretty safe, because you can file with PayPal if you don't receive your item. If you're trading, I'd advise a much higher level of caution.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun May 21, 2017 12:16 pm

HungryStray wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:how cautious should i be about secondhand deals? i have been looking at this viewtopic.php?f=134&t=51411 and am worried because the post only has 1 post in the forums (that one btw). Any advice would be appreciated

If it's a sale and you're using PayPal, you should be pretty safe, because you can file with PayPal if you don't receive your item. If you're trading, I'd advise a much higher level of caution.

I've never been scammed on a secondhand deal, and I always pay via PayPal's goods and services feature. I also only accept PayPal goods and services when selling because it offers the best buyer protection and I have no intention of scamming anyone. I've bought from people with 1-5 posts and still received the item without an issue. If you're interested in all three toys I'd risk it personally.

I've also only ever received one toy that wasn't exactly as described (it had an odor and a nick that weren't listed) but it was priced well enough to account for those issues. I was never comfortable with it but I've been able to sell it on for the same price (issues disclosed, this time). So in my experience people are generally good about the secondhand sales.

But I do agree about trades; the only toy I've ever traded was one where I figured if I lost the toy to a scam, I wouldn't care because I was never going to use it again and had it listed for sale for months with no takers so I might as well gamble. It went off well so I was happy but I wouldn't risk it again unless it was the same circumstance or I knew the person well.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun May 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Good on BD for doing something out there for this dessert color. Not my cup of tea because I'm no fan of yellow and even less when it comes to being on toys. I only saw one exception. A tight DA marble that was yellow with a lime green and metallic.

I skipped on a toy I really wanted because the person only had 1 post. Plus they had no note next to the toy with username on it. Personally I was only scammed here by someone who had over 150 posts. I won't do trades after seeing some users get scammed more than once over trades.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun May 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Honestly, and I know how unfair it is for legit sellers/traders; with all of the scams we've had over the last few months, I personally wouldn't buy from anyone with only a couple of posts and that's it. I turned down a toy I really wanted, still new in the bag because the seller only had a single post. They could have been legit for all I know but I didn't want to risk it.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun May 21, 2017 6:04 pm

thanks for the advice. ill sleep on it.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sun May 21, 2017 10:11 pm

HungryStray wrote:

^^ This. Paypal guarantees your purchase. They can refund your money first, and then collect their own reimbursement directly from the seller's bank account. That's one of the justifications for paying Paypal's fees (buyers trust it). And if you're the seller, save your shipping receipts.

Also, only a tiny fraction of deals here have been sour. The vast majority of transactions are fine. I've had seven transactions here over the past year, with no issues. But I would be more careful about trading.
reine

Postby reine » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm

On the topic of secondhand sales: Is it better/easier to ship within the country, or is international shipping about as straightforward (aside from shipping being more expensive)?

I'm preparing to get some of my toys ready for sale, but I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if I should just stick to shipping in Canada or if I should ship to the USA as well (with a disclaimer that it might be pricier bc Canada Post). :mystery: Do you have to jump through any extra hoops to ship outside of the country (aside from possibly having to write "Art piece/Silicone sculpture" on a slip)?
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Karhu

Postby Karhu » Mon May 22, 2017 1:46 pm

International posting includes dealing with customs office, not sure how difficult the process is between US and Canada. Might want to check the details from local service before you offering to sell to US also.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Mon May 22, 2017 1:49 pm

reine wrote:On the topic of secondhand sales: Is it better/easier to ship within the country, or is international shipping about as straightforward (aside from shipping being more expensive)?

I'm preparing to get some of my toys ready for sale, but I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if I should just stick to shipping in Canada or if I should ship to the USA as well (with a disclaimer that it might be pricier bc Canada Post). :mystery: Do you have to jump through any extra hoops to ship outside of the country (aside from possibly having to write "Art piece/Silicone sculpture" on a slip)?

It's really easy, just involves an extra piece of paper. I use USPS, but I can't imagine it's much different. You just fill in an item description (I usually use art sculpture), its value, the date, and sign it.
katze

Postby katze » Mon May 22, 2017 2:17 pm

vixenvega wrote:
reine wrote:On the topic of secondhand sales: Is it better/easier to ship within the country, or is international shipping about as straightforward (aside from shipping being more expensive)?

It's really easy, just involves an extra piece of paper. I use USPS, but I can't imagine it's much different. You just fill in an item description (I usually use art sculpture), its value, the date, and sign it.

FedEx is basically the same. I shipped something (non sex toy) to a friend in Canada from the US and it just required an extra paper to fill out, consisting of what vixenvega listed above and a bit more.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
katze

Postby katze » Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Jaynix wrote:Does anyone know what the im_location codes mean?

As far as I know, no one does.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
reine

Postby reine » Mon May 22, 2017 3:28 pm

katze wrote:
vixenvega wrote:

FedEx is basically the same. I shipped something (non sex toy) to a friend in Canada from the US and it just required an extra paper to fill out, consisting of what vixenvega listed above and a bit more.

Thanks for the info! Canada Post is probably about the same, so it should be a pretty simple process. :misc1:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon May 22, 2017 3:30 pm

katze wrote:

As far as I know, no one does.

Yeah, ditto. I've only seen codes once and that's when I'd ordered teenies and a custom and the teenies got made/added to the order while the custom was still in line to be made. They used to be pretty detailed with letting customers know where their toys was as far as waiting in line, being made, going through a quality check, and etc. Now they don't seem to indicate anything we can decipher from the letters and numbers.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon May 22, 2017 4:21 pm

For me, the only issue with international shipping is that once the package leaves the US, sometimes it can't be tracked with my USPS tracking number (in certain countries). So it's possible for me to confirm shipment with a buyer, but I can't always confirm delivery on their end. As long as the buyer trusts me, and is willing to pay the additional postage, and doesn't hold me responsible if the package gets lost or stolen in transit, I have no problems shipping anywhere. I take time-stamped photos of the package/contents, at the Post Office, and of the receipt, just in case there's a problem. But it's always worked out fine though.

US/Canada shipments are pretty routine.
Willow

Postby Willow » Mon May 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Ironman's location.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
QueenCheetah93

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:10 pm

I don't work for BD so I'm not the law here, but I understand it to mean the position of the toy in the Bad Dragon warehouse, so they can look for and ship the correct toy to the correct location when the order is finished. I doubt they have them stacked in little piles on their desk as several item orders are made (although that's an entertaining image.)
My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler

Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue May 23, 2017 12:23 pm

QueenCheetah93 wrote:

I don't work for BD so I'm not the law here, but I understand it to mean the position of the toy in the Bad Dragon warehouse, so they can look for and ship the correct toy to the correct location when the order is finished. I doubt they have them stacked in little piles on their desk as several item orders are made (although that's an entertaining image.)

Has anyone just asked CS?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
katze

Postby katze » Tue May 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Trying to decide whether I should get a small 5 Sleipnir next, or medium 3 Pearce. Kind of leaning towards Sleipnir...

^ↀᴥↀ^

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
Willow

Postby Willow » Tue May 23, 2017 2:37 pm

QueenCheetah93 wrote:

That was a thought I had a while ago and posted when someone asked last time. No one really said anything nor was it resolved so I gave up explaining that. It does make sense although I'm not sure what the letters represent. "I" could mean "inventory". "M" could mean anything. "Mark", "Main", Moriarty" "MAYHEM!" "Moooooooole".
Don't say mole. I said mole.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue May 23, 2017 3:30 pm

According to cs it's the location in house
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[

Return to “General Discussion”