/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
TheOtherDude

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:09 am

The only thing I have experienced with added glitter so far is that some flocks end up right at the surface of the finished pour, so you can feel them when you stroke over it with your finger. None of them have gotten lose/fallen out though on all of mine to date.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 am

lovelyscales wrote:Sorry that's happening :doh:. Can you boil it? Might be best to ticket CS. I hope it gets sorted for you! BD has stated before they used the Gold Dazzle glitter they did because it's body safe.

Yeah I'm going to try to boil it in a couple of hours when I'm home alone and see if that does anything.

Villie wrote:I have a few toys that have dazzle/glitter in em, but never had any of it rub off hrm.

How soft is your toy? I know softer toys from other companies that use really big glitter were very likely to have said glitter slide out, but I've never heard of really fine glitter coming out.

I'd definitely message customer service about it! Either way, the glitter is body safe and won't hurt you. I'd personally feel more concerned about possible tiny tears along the toy's surface from the glitter hrm.

It's a 3. But what about tiny tears? You mean like toy damage or is there something else I need to worry about?

spiralcatfox wrote:Not to sound like that person, but i saw a reddit user post about her small dexter, signature color, leaving gitd residue all over her hands, and uh internally too

Definitely, definitely ticket cs about that.. D:

Where is a screaming dragon emoji when you need one...

But yeah, just ticketed CS right now. Let's see how that goes.

TheOtherDude wrote:The only thing I have experienced with added glitter so far is that some flocks end up right at the surface of the finished pour, so you can feel them when you stroke over it with your finger. None of them have gotten lose/fallen out though on all of mine to date.

Hopefully it's just that, though it's taking forever to rub off if that's the case. *furious stroking with toy*
If the toy was alive... it would be having a bad time because that's how rough I'm going with different kinds of towels, washings, etc.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 am

KnotyDes wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
CakeLurker wrote: :words:

That's so cool, I loved that video a lot!

Makes me kinda want to get a Zartan. If only they dropped good xls instead of the purple ones that have been there since launch.

The design is not for me, but I had so much fun looking at all the promo stuff. I enjoyed watching it a lot, and I really like it when BD does things like that.
Villie

Postby Villie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:30 am

I regret not grabbing one of the pumpkin pie toys, hmph! I didn't even see any of them drop in adoptions.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 am

Villie wrote:I regret not grabbing one of the pumpkin pie toys, hmph! I didn't even see any of them drop in adoptions.

They do have a end of year sale, so if you have money then it is your chance to grab anything you missed out on. Since they offer all the promo colours they had this year.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:53 pm

"Making of" videos like this make me appreciate more the original work, let you see a lot of things you don't notice.

About the leaking toys, I don't know how it is possible, specially with glitter. I have a Pearce that leaks some GITD dots, as I said in the reddit spiralcatfox mencioned (I can't add pics because I don't have a camera sensible enough) and it doesn't seem to stop. The mystery is why some do it and other not. Hope BD is working in this issue.
BTW if someone got a sentinel yellow from the last brigth blade color I'd like to see it :stick:
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Wait what about toys leaking?
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:17 pm

KnotyDes wrote:Wait what about toys leaking?

Some toys (only a small percentage, it seems) leave traces of glitter and GITD dust when you use them. BD knows about this, and the author of the reddit said that she was told it is normal, though months back CS give some store credit to other customer with this problem. I trust when BD says that everything they uses is bodysafe, I haven't had any problems with my Pearce, but she said that felt itching.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Harbenz wrote:

Some toys (only a small percentage, it seems) leave traces of glitter and GITD dust when you use them. BD knows about this, and the author of the reddit said that she was told it is normal, though months back CS give some store credit to other customer with this problem. I trust when BD says that everything they uses is bodysafe, I haven't had any problems with my Pearce, but she said that felt itching.

That's... not normal. And even if the material isn't going to hurt you, if you get stray glitter or pigment powder in you it's probably still going to cause irritation because it's a foreign material. It's like, salt is body safe, but you're not going to enjoy it if it's up your orifices.

If BD's saying a toy leaking pigment or glitter is normal, that's really concerning, because that should absolutely not be happening.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Roverseer2 wrote:
Harbenz wrote:

That's... not normal. And even if the material isn't going to hurt you, if you get stray glitter or pigment powder in you it's probably still going to cause irritation because it's a foreign material. It's like, salt is body safe, but you're not going to enjoy it if it's up your orifices.

If BD's saying a toy leaking pigment or glitter is normal, that's really concerning, because that should absolutely not be happening.

Obviously not, but that's what CS told this girl, according to her. Lets see what they say now to CakeLurker. In my case I did not say anything then because I'm an imbecile. I hope that BD does not look the other way or deny it or something like that because that would be worrisome.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:31 pm

I mean unless she has a screen shot of the actual conversation of them saying exactly that im pretty sceptical of this glitter toys isnt a new thing :misc5: :doh:
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Well, accidents do happen from time to time.

One of my keychains actually seems like it didn't fully/evenly cure (probably insufficient mixing of base+catalyst), it has one small semi-sticky spot and it appears you can rub small portions of the epoxy material off at that spot. If that was an actual toy I'm using, I'd file a claim as well. I don't think anyone can convince me that a pour that has not fully cured, be it silicone or epoxy, is body safe. Regarding leaking additives, I don't know, but I could imagine those additives weren't meant to be in direct contact with skin either but instead be encapsulated in the cured silicone material.

Their default action is probably just quoting the silicone material source's (aka Smooth-On) promises about material safety. Some other shops appear to do the same, a few even copied the exact wording or parts of it from SO.

Thing is, I haven't seen any details on that promise regarding when it applies or not - I'm pretty sure it doesn't when the materials were improperly handled, like it would be the case with a not fully cured toy for sure and possibly (?) also with an additive-leaking pour.

BD might know or not know, no idea - probably yes though - and offering store credit could well be their first line of defense against more serious claims.

► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:19 pm

^ Your keychain is soft? Mine is rock hard and made out of some kind of plastic.

In any case, if I had a toy that was leaking GITD pigment, or leaving glitter everywhere, I'd definitely file a ticket and would NOT take "it's normal!" for an answer. They may use body-safe materials but it's still nothing (GITD pigment/glitter) you would want inside of your body. Vaginally, I could see it causing a lot of irritation.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Not, it's not soft. Like I said it is made out of epoxy (afaik), like all the other keychains. But the manufacturing process is similar. There is a liquid base material and an also liquid catalyst is mixed into it to kick off the curing process, which solidifies the liquids. So the same thing that happened to that keychain could happen to a silicone toy pour as well.

► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:50 am

Super sorry for the wait guys. Was working on finals while talking to Customer Service and everything. It's been a very long day and I'm sleepy.

Now to address some stuff:

1) Finally got a pic of glitter. If you need context, I was trying to stretch the toy's head to get some pictures of areas where the glitter was coming from, and luckily got a shot of some glitter on my hands. Yay...but also NAY because glitter was still coming off after I boiled the toy.

► Show Spoiler

2) Kind of pointless to share a screenshot since everything's blotted out but here ya go, I guess. Normally I wouldn't share because it's just white text on a grey background, and a lot the conversation is kind of private, but some of you were curious about the stance on metallic pigments and leakage, so here you go:

Easy Quote for you guys:
"While it is uncommon, it is possible for metallic pigments like those in Night Sky to shed out of the silicone. These pigments are body safe, meaning they will not cause harm through contact with the human body, but if you are concerned with these pigments remaining after use, we'd recommend rinsing thoroughly. If you can provide some pictures of the surface of your toy where the pigment seems to be coming from, we'll be happy to review them with our Quality Control team to see if we can find anything unusual."

3) Quick Summary:

I've shared pictures of my toy and the team concluded that there's nothing wrong with it. They found no damage and found it likely that there was some pigments on the outside of the toy that didn't come off just yet. It should go away though.

If it does ever go away...yay? But I don't think I'm ever going to use the toy again at this point now knowing the possibility that it could always have glitter on it, even if absolutely cleaned. Yeah condoms are an option but...still. Or maybe I'm just being unreasonable, idk.

Regardless if it's on the toy or not, I'm a bit peeved that there's no disclaimer found anywhere on the site for shedding for any kind of pigment, and let them know about it. No, that doesn't mean I exploded on them, but I still sent them a reply about that subject.

They haven't replied to that yet but I'm not going to read and speculate on it. CS seems to be very nice and very responsive about this though, which I'm happy about, but I'm still feeling a bit downcast about this turn of events with the toy, and the whole debacle with metallics and GITDs now in general.
---
Anyway, just giving a much-needed update for y'all and letting you know how things are going. Sorry if I posted way too late.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:06 pm

I remember I bought a flop David in lunar guardian years ago and the flop reason was about "peeling near the base". I don't remember the actual wording since the order history doesn't list the flop reason anymore but I think it meant the GITD pigment on the shaft would peel off near the base. Maybe it is the same kind of issue ?
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:30 pm

There definitely should be a disclaimer if GITD toys are prone to leakage, same for the toys with glitter, if those particles can flake off the toy. Yes, they (the pigment, and glitter) may be body safe materials but they aren't supposed to be shoved, as is, inside of your body. For people with sensitive bits, like me, I could see it causing irritation or even an infection. This definitely turns me off buying any GITD/glittery toy ever again, to be frank.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:40 pm

I have a ton of gitd colors from several companies

I must be lucky
I only have one that has “leaked” and the maker warned me and it came off after several washings

I did have a glitter problem. Well, two of them
A now defunct company used large flakes of glitter that stuck out. Owww just owwwww

The other glitter error was all mine. I opened a bottle of glitter and....it’s everwhere :bugeyed:
A room away from where the toys are and somehow it got to them too :surprised: :bugeyed: :doh:

I’ve had a similar problem with “weathering pigments” showing up every damn where
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:06 pm

lizardbreath wrote:I have a ton of gitd colors from several companies

I must be lucky
I only have one that has “leaked” and the maker warned me and it came off after several washings

I did have a glitter problem. Well, two of them
A now defunct company used large flakes of glitter that stuck out. Owww just owwwww

Aw heck noooo :doh:! I haven't seen any GITD/Metallic/sparkly toy leaks on any of mine from any company. Stinks some people have experienced that =^(.
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
RainbowNanaki

Postby RainbowNanaki » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:51 pm

I hope this is figured out soon, as I really love glittery toys :crying:
gay/23/transguy/extremely single
:misc6: :eyeroll:

My Toys

► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”