/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
TheOtherDude

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Azareus wrote:Oh dear I hope it includes customs, I'm too picky to want anything from inventory. This is the difference between me making a big order and making no order at all. :unamused:

Same here, I've also added that in my customer support ticket.
Maybe it was a mistake, maybe deliberate, but even if it was actually the latter they might be inclined to go with "it was a mistake" and extend the discount to customs too. But they need to know about it.

I suggest you ticket them too.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Azareus

Postby Azareus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:34 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
Azareus wrote:Oh dear I hope it includes customs, I'm too picky to want anything from inventory. This is the difference between me making a big order and making no order at all. :unamused:

Same here, I've also added that in my customer support ticket.
Maybe it was a mistake, maybe deliberate, but even if it was actually the latter they might be inclined to go with "it was a mistake" and extend the discount to customs too. But they need to know about it.

I suggest you ticket them too.

I have done so.

I had a good £150-£200 put away for an order and have just come into a further £130 that I can reasonably add to the pot. That's a good couple of toys already but 20% off would allow me to stock up on some lube and such. It would be really nice to make an order that isn't just a single toy for once, really treat myself.

Just gotta hope they're not trying to shift inventory and only inventory. :doh:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:29 pm

20% off is pretty good but even after currency conversion plus (probably) 100 for shipping, I'll probably have to pass. I've always found it odd how BD seems to charge almost double the cost of shipping of any other toy company I've dealt with. It really makes buying from them difficult. =/
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:07 pm

I'd be already happy with only 15% as long as it extends to custom orders too... y'know, like last year's deal. Would still make for a sizable discount for the order I had in mind, would still help a good deal to compensate the ridiculous 25% customs I pay when importing stuff.

Oh well. I'm still hoping it was just a mistake. Can't wait to get a reply from CS tomorrow.

► Show Spoiler
Azareus

Postby Azareus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:16 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:I'd be already happy with only 15% as long as it extends to custom orders too... y'know, like last year's deal. Would still make for a sizable discount for the order I had in mind, would still help a good deal to compensate the ridiculous 25% customs I pay when importing stuff.

Oh well. I'm still hoping it was just a mistake. Can't wait to get a reply from CS tomorrow.

15% would be lovely.

I actually just opened up my wishlist and checked the inventory to see if anything was even close to what I wanted. Nope, everything was either the wrong size, wrong firmness, didn't have a suction cup or all of the above; and that's not even getting into colour choices. They either need a massive (and very specific) toy drop tomorrow or I am just not interested in the sale at all.

Like you, I would have massive customs fees to pay so settling on anything less than the perfect model isn't appealing to me. :unamused:
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:31 pm

The inventory really is unappealing to me for nearly everything, exactly because of the things you mentioned.

The best chances for me personally still are to find a good-looking penetrable - because there's no free variables about them except for the model and color! For dildos there's so many more free variables, and it appears that my preferences simply are something that isn't getting made. Either it's an awesome color on a dildo model I don't care about, or the wrong size or firmness, or even if those things perfectly fit it has no suction cup I want, or a cum tube I do not want. My tastes regarding coloration also seem to be rather unpopular, it's really rare that I see a dildo drop that looks really, really good to me.

They could well do a split sale with a higher discount on inventory (to make free space) and a lower discount on customs to increase sales volume with people like you and me.
Last edited by TheOtherDude on Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

► Show Spoiler
ReggyRenegade

Postby ReggyRenegade » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Hopefully it’ll include customs, I have a couple planned that I was saving for this sale because the colors are going to be $$$. :psyduck: If not I’ll just wait and see if they do another end of the year speciality colors thing and order them then. There isn’t anything in clearance that looks interesting, unless they do a big sale drop like on cyber Monday.
:dukacola: Agender (They/them) ~ Pansexual ~ My heart says 'size queen' but my body says 'minis' :dukacola:
Teenie Weenie Hoarder

► Show Spoiler
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:40 pm

I prefer buying inventory to buying customs, but I'm at least somewhat picky about colors. Like, there's an XL Axel in plain black in the inventory right now. I want an Axel, but if I wanted plain black I'd have bought him on BF. And the only XL Xar in stock is in soft and has a cumtube.

Well, it's just as well, my dick fund is depleted.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:22 pm

There's one toy in adoptions that I might consider, but even then it's a bit too big even in 3. I took a look at all the models just now and there are no more that both appeal to me and have the right specs. The Demogorgon is lovely, but a small is too small and a medium is too big; same for Zaratan. I think I'll pass this time. I need to save money anyway.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Villie

Postby Villie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Oof I wonder how often they'll do inventory drops during the sale hmmm

I have a few models in mind I want but I know there currently isnt any colors of them in inventory that I like

Of coooourse each one id need in soft
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:49 pm

They'll very likely do an inventory drop so I wouldn't worry about it just yet if you can't find anything you like in inventory.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Splicer-Gene27

Postby Splicer-Gene27 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm honestly going back and forth with do i want a bad dragon toy or get something from another company I don't have anything from yet lol. Like I am super tight on money but I haven't got a new toy in almost a year so it would be nice. But the only two models I'm eyeing heavily is Ika and Dexter. And I'm weird and want Ika in a medium size and the rare hard firmness so finding something like that drop would be rare. Though I think there is one in inventory right now. But still I was oddly hoping to get a custom to get a surprise me coloring. Idk I like the thought of a surprise coloring.
Female| 25| Cosplayer | RolePlayer

Toy List
► Show Spoiler

Check my profile for Wish List

Bad Dragon Bio~Tumblr
Raya

Postby Raya » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:38 pm

I'm stuck between getting a nox when they do the end of the years color sale or getting my Halo Hunter themed Kona
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Azareus

Postby Azareus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:13 am

It appears to be inventory items only. I left 2 toys and a 9-pack of lube in my cart overnight and now it's showing "Boxing Day Sale 2017-$9.80" as a discount. Not quite the discount I'd expect if the toys were also being discounted.
Darkenedstar14

Postby Darkenedstar14 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:45 am

I wish to interrupt this current Boxing Day conversation to show you what my family brought as a xmas trest this year:

Opinion: It was kind of bland and I felt like I was eating a sponge covered in frosting.
•~•Have you seen all the new CockSocks yet?•~•

Swag Wish List
Teenie - Weenies:
David ~ "Gunner" (I know they're out there...)

See Profile Page for Secondhand Info!
Nyan

Postby Nyan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:38 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:20% off is pretty good but even after currency conversion plus (probably) 100 for shipping, I'll probably have to pass. I've always found it odd how BD seems to charge almost double the cost of shipping of any other toy company I've dealt with. It really makes buying from them difficult. =/

Same here, I've bought from other companies for half the price of BD's shipping costs. Paying higher shipping costs also makes the import fees even bigger.
English is not my native language, please forgive my mistakes~
RainbowNanaki

Postby RainbowNanaki » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:48 am

There’s no inventroy items I’m interested in, so this sale is gonna be a hard pass for me. I already bought my first “tester” toy - now I’m just interested in ones in the right specs and colours.
gay/23/transguy/extremely single
:misc6: :eyeroll:

My Toys

► Show Spoiler
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:09 am

CS just answered my ticket.
Nope, no discount on custom orders.
Kinda a lame christmas sale, considering it's a once-a-year thing.

Well BD, you are missing out on close to $900 in sales before discounts.

► Show Spoiler
Azareus

Postby Azareus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:15 am

TheOtherDude wrote:CS just answered my ticket.

Nope, no discount on custom orders.

Well BD, you are missing out on close to $900 in sales before discounts.

Yeah, it's suddenly very hard to justify dropping up to £300 on products when the best I'm getting is less than $10 off on a case of lube. Heck, even TTC have had 10% off for boxing day as well as lowering the free shipping threshold, and that's on everything they sell including customs. If it weren't for the fact that I need to stock up on lube and I don't want to make a small order because separate shipping is a nightmare, I would have completely dropped my plans to buy at all.

For now, my cart lies in wait as I decide if I want to throw down the full amount. :unamused:
ReggyRenegade

Postby ReggyRenegade » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:37 am

Boooooo. I was at least hoping for a drop this morning but I guess not. To be fair, they have a lot of inventory that's just been sitting there for months (looking at you zaratan). But I'm still bummed; I'm very picky about the colors for my next three wish list items so they're all going to be customs, and two of them are going to pretty pricey. Was really hoping I could knock a couple bucks off of what is going to be a 400 buck order before shipping. :doh: Guess I'll just hold out for the end-of-year color sale at the end of the week. :misc1:
:dukacola: Agender (They/them) ~ Pansexual ~ My heart says 'size queen' but my body says 'minis' :dukacola:
Teenie Weenie Hoarder

► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”