/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
thesharkwhisperer

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:10 am

CakeLurker wrote:I'm not shopping, but I've been looking at Clearance and the current number of toys on inventory right now is 271. That's the lowest I've ever seen lmao

Now I'm curious, has inventory ever gone down to zero before? :laugh:

I still remember all those freaking Murica cocksheaths :laugh: I don't think it ever went to 0 though.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Azareus

Postby Azareus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:14 am

TheOtherDude wrote:3 custom XLs
1 custom penetrable
1 custom mini for decoration, very likely

But certainly not at full price.
Next time they do a -15% or higher sale that includes customs, I'm in.
Need some incentive for the 25% value added tax and import duty... (and the freaking high shipping costs)

I wish I had your restraint, I'm already dreading the customs fees on my order.
Expect to see me in this thread if they pull a custom toy discount for the new years or something, screaming at the sky in outrage at the horrible timing. :stick:
Villie

Postby Villie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Still no drop :unamused:
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Villie wrote:Still no drop :unamused:

A few new toys have appeared, among them a pink shaft/white base mini Echo and a black small Desi. Haven't seen those yet I believe, so they appear to be new. (Unless someone kept these reserved in their carts for like more than a week...)
Fat drop probably about to happen, this was likely just the first tiny wave.

Edit: apparently not.

With the sale ending in just 20 hours from now, that was all in all really a sad joke.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:

A few new toys have appeared, among them a pink shaft/white base mini Echo and a black small Desi. Haven't seen those yet I believe, so they appear to be new. (Unless someone kept these reserved in their carts for like more than a week...)

With the sale ending in just 20 hours from now, that was all in all really a sad joke.

All in all, this was a super disappointing sale...
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Nope, they said until end of week, friday. 17 hours to go. You can check the countdown on the sales page.

► Show Spoiler
Villie

Postby Villie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:11 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:

That echo is gone now, was it like flat colors or pearly at all? I might've wanted to grab it hmph!

I'm hoping tomorrow they do a drop, pleaaaaase :doh:
PM me! Image
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Didn't check the details. Could have simply been natural color but no idea.

Tomorrow a drop, maybe, but the drops usually happen just around the time the sale will end. Only a few times I've seen them start putting fresh stuff into inventory before that time.

► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:30 pm

The Mountain Drake I'd been vaguely watching is gone, but I figured that. There's nothing else that has caught my eye and unless something amazing drops tomorrow, I won't bother with getting anything during the sale or during the Year in Review promo/sale later on. Need to save money and all that.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:08 am

Nothing dropped at all today maybe tomorrow?
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Villie

Postby Villie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:17 am

Still no drop so far :(
PM me! Image
Eleka

Postby Eleka » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:42 am

Villie wrote:Still no drop so far :(

Nope. No new toys for me then it seems. Hopefully the next sale will be better.
My Bad Dragon Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:32 am

4 hours left.

Time in AZ right now is 8:31

Maybe a drop at 12 but that's pretty early for them. Even at 12 the sale's over.

At least inventory is really cleared out? I'm assuming they're too busy with BF and Christmas orders, like Grimly said, to really want to focus on a drop when their year in review sale is next week (I think).

Edit; I've been watching this anthrodragon packer in adoptions since early last year. Reminds me of banana split ice cream. I feel bad for it lol.

thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:07 am

A lot of previous inventory sales were about clearing inventory, without any drop. Also, Cyber monday just happened and the end of the year sale is just around the corner. I don't even know why they would bother having something sandwiched between those, no matter how small. They got enough work as it is I believe.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:13 am

All self-caused by BD.

They offered heavily discounted custom orders for black friday - which broke their neck. Even if it was just in one color and one firmness - they still have to pour them all. Previously they simply dropped a shitload of black toys in adoptions and when that stock was out, it was over.

With the old method, they had more control over the workload - previously they simply filled their idle capacity in the weeks before the sale with manufacturing black toys, slowly but steadily building up inventory, and because only inventory was discounted there was no spike in the manufacturing workload when the sale was on. This year, they probably also pre-manufactured a lot of toys, but because they discounted custom-ordered black toys as well they had a lot of manufacturing orders flowing in.

I think this is not going to happen again next year. BD probably learned their lesson from that. Not just the crazy workload spike they are still chewing on a month later, but also the weaksauce christmas sale which likely is a result of the aforementioned.

I don't think they really wanted to pull it off the way it went, originally. Remember the speculation about the sale wording ("% off your entire order" later silently changed to "% off select items") and the fact that there wasn't even a single inventory drop during the sale. It really looks like this sale was not planned to run the way it went.

They couldn't offer anything better because they just didn't have the necessary idle capacity. Aftermath: a lot of disappointed/pissed customers, both the people interested in the christmas sale as well as the BF customers who are still waiting on their toys.

Question is, will we see a special "out of the ordinary sale routine" sale with discounts on customs once they have worked down their backlog?

► Show Spoiler
ReggyRenegade

Postby ReggyRenegade » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:48 am

Yeah, it seems like they tried to do something that would make their customers really happy and instead it’s created a massive backlog. Makes me kind of glad they didn’t do a custom sale; that would just make things worse and feel irresponsible when they already have so much on their plate.

I doubt they’ll do a full customs sale for New Years, but maybe we’ll see one of their very rare ‘just because’ sales around late January. I imagine a lot of people buy toys as valentines gifts, so that would be a good place for it.
:dukacola: Agender (They/them) ~ Pansexual ~ My heart says 'size queen' but my body says 'minis' :dukacola:
Teenie Weenie Hoarder

► Show Spoiler
Villie

Postby Villie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:16 am

....ends in 2 hours.... :crying:
PM me! Image
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:18 am

I though they maybe use this cleaning stock sale to do a drop of flopped black toys, but no. I guess we go to see a lot of flopped black toys next weeks :misc6: :laugh:
I'm going to ramble a bit.
Always wonder what they do with toys that can't be selled. Silicone can be recicled? I think I have seen other companies that add to the pour small pieces of silicone with shapes (hearts or so, I don't remember well) so can't be silicone tritured and added to a mix? If it's safe could be an interesting effect.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:32 am

I think I've read somewhere that while silicone can be recycled, it's too expensive/laborious to consider doing it as a regular part of your production process. I might very well be wrong though.

► Show Spoiler
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:42 am

TheOtherDude wrote:They couldn't offer anything better because they just didn't have the necessary idle capacity. Aftermath: a lot of disappointed/pissed customers, both the people interested in the christmas sale as well as the BF customers who are still waiting on their toys.

That was my point though. Why are people being so salty about this sale and no drop happening ? There had been countless 20% sale in the past to clear out pre existing inventory. It's nothing new so why are people being this negative about this one ? Given how there are only 4 more pages of toys I would say the sale worked.

Return to “General Discussion”