/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1159
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Villie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:07 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:They couldn't offer anything better because they just didn't have the necessary idle capacity. Aftermath: a lot of disappointed/pissed customers, both the people interested in the christmas sale as well as the BF customers who are still waiting on their toys.

That was my point though. Why are people being so salty about this sale and no drop happening ? There had been countless 20% sale in the past to clear out pre existing inventory. It's nothing new so why are people being this negative about this one ? Given how there are only 4 more pages of toys I would say the sale worked.

I'm personally just sad cuz there's three models I would've bought but there's just... none of them in inventory :'(

Oh well haha, eventually I'll see them in a future drop I suppose! I'm itching to spend my holiday money
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Phelvia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:08 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:Why are people being so salty about this sale and no drop happening ? There had been countless 20% sale in the past...


Eh. Probably because;

Everyone originally thought they'd get 20% off customs too.

They were hoping some new stuff would drop because the selection was bland or things weren't there they wanted. Salt because 20% off and they can't get in on the deal.

Dunno. Probably one of those. I'm not in the market for any purchases so I have no input. Also probably helps that I've just distanced myself from BD altogether so I probably would've been salty but...eh, my emotional investment isn't here anymore.
User avatar
blushingkitten
Posts: 1719
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:34 pm
Gender: Female

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:28 am

Phelvia wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:Why are people being so salty about this sale and no drop happening ? There had been countless 20% sale in the past...


Eh. Probably because;

Everyone originally thought they'd get 20% off customs too.

They were hoping some new stuff would drop because the selection was bland or things weren't there they wanted. Salt because 20% off and they can't get in on the deal.

Dunno. Probably one of those. I'm not in the market for any purchases so I have no input. Also probably helps that I've just distanced myself from BD altogether so I probably would've been salty but...eh, my emotional investment isn't here anymore.


I'm with thesharkwhisperer. I didn't think the sale would be on customs, and since I didn't look at the image in the newsletter but read the text, I didn't get that message from the news, either... I assumed that they would want to clear out inventory at the end of the year, like a lot of companies do. Start the new year fresh, with plenty of room for new stuff!

Personally, I'm happy they didn't have a sale on customs. They're so busy right now, I'd rather not wait forever for my toy to be made. I'll just save the money I got from Christmas for later in the year, when hopefully a custom sale will come around. It's not like this is the last chance for BD to ever have a sale ever. I'm sure something good will come in the new year. :)
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
JackalJames
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:03 pm
Gender: Trans Masculine

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby JackalJames » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:59 am

I’m mostly mad I wasn’t able to get any of the three toys I wanted in inventory because I couldn’t figure out how to do split payments with my visa gift cards and then there was no drop today like I was hoping since I got paid today
User avatar
Starrystrawberry
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:07 am
Gender: Female
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Starrystrawberry » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:06 pm

This is the first time I've been around for a BD sale, how do they usually go?
I am a typing catastrophe.

Wishlist: Spritz (small- in natural), Elden (medium- in natural), Echo (small), Winston's Tongue (large), Apollo (small), Kage (in signature), Tako (medium), Pretzal (medium), Scorn (small), Votan (small- in natural), Stan (small), Egg Plug (natural, small), Flint (mini), Gunner, Hunter, Trent (small), Bruce, Cole (small)

Wishlist (Colors): Alexandrite, Opal, Jupiter, Cosmic Nebula, Full Spectrum, Amethyst, Ghost, Janine's natural,
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1159
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Villie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:07 pm

JackalJames wrote:I’m mostly mad I wasn’t able to get any of the three toys I wanted in inventory because I couldn’t figure out how to do split payments with my visa gift cards and then there was no drop today like I was hoping since I got paid today

From what I was able to look up, you'd need to purchase store credit to be able to use the combined value of both cards !
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DaedraQueen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:18 pm

JackalJames wrote:I’m mostly mad I wasn’t able to get any of the three toys I wanted in inventory because I couldn’t figure out how to do split payments with my visa gift cards and then there was no drop today like I was hoping since I got paid today


Why dont you use your payment option to buy a BD gift card? That way you can use them all together next time ♡
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Eleka
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:36 pm
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Eleka » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:10 pm

Phelvia wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:Why are people being so salty about this sale and no drop happening ? There had been countless 20% sale in the past...


Eh. Probably because;

Everyone originally thought they'd get 20% off customs too.
This.

Well... initially I was hoping for some sort of discount on customs, and then when it became clear there wouldn't be one, I was hoping there would at least a few nice inventory toys. It's good they had some sort of sale, but it what it wasn't exactly what I'd hoped for.
My Bad Dragon Collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Starrystrawberry wrote:This is the first time I've been around for a BD sale, how do they usually go?

They usually go pretty smoothly. A drop of new toys will appear in Clearance and people will grab them or whatever else they're eyeing.

Most Clearance/inventory sales are pretty much all up to chance since you're picking from a selection of toys that are already made and ready to be sent out, unlike custom sales where you have a discount or special color available and have to wait for weeks for your toy to be poured and shipped. Both are cool though and fun.

This sale was an exception due to reasons described in many other posts. So it's not representative of all the sales that happen round here.
User avatar
Starrystrawberry
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:07 am
Gender: Female
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Starrystrawberry » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:38 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Starrystrawberry wrote:This is the first time I've been around for a BD sale, how do they usually go?

They usually go pretty smoothly. A drop of new toys will appear in Clearance and people will grab them or whatever else they're eyeing.

Most Clearance/inventory sales are pretty much all up to chance since you're picking from a selection of toys that are already made and ready to be sent out, unlike custom sales where you have a discount or special color available and have to wait for weeks for your toy to be poured and shipped. Both are cool though and fun.

This sale was an exception due to reasons described in many other posts. So it's not representative of all the sales that happen round here.


Ahhhh, I see. Thank you!
I am a typing catastrophe.

Wishlist: Spritz (small- in natural), Elden (medium- in natural), Echo (small), Winston's Tongue (large), Apollo (small), Kage (in signature), Tako (medium), Pretzal (medium), Scorn (small), Votan (small- in natural), Stan (small), Egg Plug (natural, small), Flint (mini), Gunner, Hunter, Trent (small), Bruce, Cole (small)

Wishlist (Colors): Alexandrite, Opal, Jupiter, Cosmic Nebula, Full Spectrum, Amethyst, Ghost, Janine's natural,
User avatar
TheOtherDude
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Gender: M straight w/vag envy
Location: Germany

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby TheOtherDude » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Looks like they extended the original sale by 8 hours. (The sale was gone for a while)
Still with the original parameters though, i.e. no discount on customs.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Phelvia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Anyone send a ticket recently? About how long does it take?

Asking because I'm trying to get an estimate on the reply times. (Usually it was pretty immediate for me, maybe it's because of sales?). That and I'm wondering if my phone glitched and didn't send the ticket
User avatar
WhiteWulfe
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:31 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Northern Alberta, Canada

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby WhiteWulfe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:24 am

Harbenz wrote:I though they maybe use this cleaning stock sale to do a drop of flopped black toys, but no. I guess we go to see a lot of flopped black toys next weeks :misc6: :laugh:
I'm going to ramble a bit.
Always wonder what they do with toys that can't be selled. Silicone can be recicled? I think I have seen other companies that add to the pour small pieces of silicone with shapes (hearts or so, I don't remember well) so can't be silicone tritured and added to a mix? If it's safe could be an interesting effect.


The companies that do the small, random pours of various shapes tend to use what's left over form a batch they've made that hasn't cured yet. Basically, since it's considered "waste due to too much made" its a way to add a little something extra to the customer (like the cogs you get in TTC orders), or to sell as random tidbits in a surprise me bag at a cheap price (like how KuduVoodoo did their dog bone bags).

At least that was my understanding of things anyways.
User avatar
Grimly Fiendish
Posts: 902
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 pm
Location: Ogresville

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:26 am

TheOtherDude wrote:I think this is not going to happen again next year. BD probably learned their lesson from that. Not just the crazy workload spike they are still chewing on a month later, but also the weaksauce christmas sale which likely is a result of the aforementioned.


1. What makes you think BD staff don't want to work? They are probably pretty happy to have been flooded with new orders for Black Friday toys. I'd guess they just grossed over $250,000, maybe even more.

2. The Christmas sale was a success, I'd say. Inventory is now less than 200 toys.

People here sometimes conflate their own disappointment with an imaginary failure by Bad Dragon. "I'm disappointed, so everyone else is disappointed too, and this is really going to cost BD".

They just sold a ton of toys.
User avatar
HungryStray
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby HungryStray » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:52 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:I think this is not going to happen again next year. BD probably learned their lesson from that. Not just the crazy workload spike they are still chewing on a month later, but also the weaksauce christmas sale which likely is a result of the aforementioned.


1. What makes you think BD staff don't want to work? They are probably pretty happy to have been flooded with new orders for Black Friday toys. I'd guess they just grossed over $250,000, maybe even more.

2. The Christmas sale was a success, I'd say. Inventory is now less than 200 toys.

People here sometimes conflate their own disappointment with an imaginary failure by Bad Dragon. "I'm disappointed, so everyone else is disappointed too, and this is really going to cost BD".

They just sold a ton of toys.

Image
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
User avatar
TheOtherDude
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Gender: M straight w/vag envy
Location: Germany

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby TheOtherDude » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:55 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:1. What makes you think BD staff don't want to work? They are probably pretty happy to have been flooded with new orders for Black Friday toys. I'd guess they just grossed over $250,000, maybe even more.


To a certain extent they sure are always happy to get orders in.

But if it's too many at once, so many that it slows everything down for a long time, they piss off customers who have to wait much longer for their toys than usual, and their manufacturing team likely isn't happy either about the heavy workload over a long time span. (I'm sure no worker at BD would have anything bad to say about a little downtime to chill every now and then.)

A month of wait or more isn't even usual for a custom toy anymore, and some people are still waiting on ready-made toys ordered back then afaik.

Grimly Fiendish wrote:2. The Christmas sale was a success, I'd say. Inventory is now less than 200 toys.


Sure, they sold some old stock noone wanted to buy without discount.
But, as it went, at the price of service quality and image.

Grimly Fiendish wrote:People here sometimes conflate their own disappointment with an imaginary failure by Bad Dragon. "I'm disappointed, so everyone else is disappointed too, and this is really going to cost BD".


It is no secret that I am disappointed as well, but while I was the first to post it, there were plenty others who have chimed in that they are disappointed just as well.

And then there's very likely enough people who also are but didn't even post because they already saw the discussion about it, or never bothered to make a forum account. I'll exclude the people who don't even know about this forum, because I doubt there's many among those who know about BD's "usual" sales.

► Show Spoiler
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Harbenz
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:02 am
Gender: Male

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Harbenz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:13 am

WhiteWulfe wrote:The companies that do the small, random pours of various shapes tend to use what's left over form a batch they've made that hasn't cured yet. Basically, since it's considered "waste due to too much made" its a way to add a little something extra to the customer (like the cogs you get in TTC orders), or to sell as random tidbits in a surprise me bag at a cheap price (like how KuduVoodoo did their dog bone bags).

At least that was my understanding of things anyways.

I know, and I guess that is what BD do with teenie weenies and sample disks. But I was talking about add to the liquid mix bits of already cured silicone, from other defective toys, like concrete mix. It would be a truly frankenpour.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
thesharkwhisperer
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:27 am

HungryStray wrote:
Grimly Fiendish wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:I think this is not going to happen again next year. BD probably learned their lesson from that. Not just the crazy workload spike they are still chewing on a month later, but also the weaksauce christmas sale which likely is a result of the aforementioned.


1. What makes you think BD staff don't want to work? They are probably pretty happy to have been flooded with new orders for Black Friday toys. I'd guess they just grossed over $250,000, maybe even more.

2. The Christmas sale was a success, I'd say. Inventory is now less than 200 toys.

People here sometimes conflate their own disappointment with an imaginary failure by Bad Dragon. "I'm disappointed, so everyone else is disappointed too, and this is really going to cost BD".

They just sold a ton of toys.

Image

Yeah, so much negativity over a 20% sale :laugh: I can’t count the number of times I didn’t find anything I wanted during one of those sales, it’s not that big of a deal. Also the last time I checked inventory before the sale there were 10 pages of toy that got reduced to 3, so just because there wasn’t anything interesting for me doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good sale.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1159
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Villie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:12 am

WhiteWulfe wrote:
Harbenz wrote:I though they maybe use this cleaning stock sale to do a drop of flopped black toys, but no. I guess we go to see a lot of flopped black toys next weeks :misc6: :laugh:
I'm going to ramble a bit.
Always wonder what they do with toys that can't be selled. Silicone can be recicled? I think I have seen other companies that add to the pour small pieces of silicone with shapes (hearts or so, I don't remember well) so can't be silicone tritured and added to a mix? If it's safe could be an interesting effect.


The companies that do the small, random pours of various shapes tend to use what's left over form a batch they've made that hasn't cured yet. Basically, since it's considered "waste due to too much made" its a way to add a little something extra to the customer (like the cogs you get in TTC orders), or to sell as random tidbits in a surprise me bag at a cheap price (like how KuduVoodoo did their dog bone bags).

At least that was my understanding of things anyways.

I think they were referring to cured toys that flopped too bad to sell, or have just been sitting in a bag for a couple years cuz no one bought it, not leftover silicone in the pouring cups
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
ReggyRenegade
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:36 pm
Gender: Agender

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby ReggyRenegade » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:35 am

I remember a post back maybe four years ago made by an employee showing a box of ‘failed’ pours. They said that several of the toys were usable but not sellable because they had such big flaws, or were completely unusable for one reason or another. They kept a couple for their collection and Chopped the really bad ones for personal projects. I highly doubt BD does this anymore, since they run the risk of someone taking advantage and purposefully ruining a toy so they can have it.
:dukacola: Agender (They/them) ~ Pansexual ~ My heart says 'size queen' but my body says 'minis' :dukacola:
Teenie Weenie Hoarder


► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests