/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
thesharkwhisperer

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Is Votan only available in small or is my phone fucking up ?

Update : just saw the other sizes will come at a later date, nice.

Are we gonna get more toys though :bugeyed: or is this a dragon island one off.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:51 pm

They just added the interior view of Anje. Seems wide.
They have to be on a hurry to just release the small size of the dildo, and don't drop a single new model in clearance... and why the color on the natural/signature pics of Votan have different sades of purple/blue when you switch them? they have to correct that.
On the good side: I like they made another full textured exterior penetrable (though it looks like an uncut... elephant? penis lol Also it's only 7.5") I like too see ridges like that again on a dildo, and the scales on the base :liplick: (but that thing that rises is a bit wtf) and I'M SEEING TEXTURE?? :excited: I like his art, too.
In the email they say they go to revamp the project of the island but I don't know if is just part of the storytelling of their promos.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
reine

Postby reine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:17 pm

OH JEEZ
ANJE

I'm gonna have to save up for one of those! Probably going to go with Giger Black for Vaal Hazak. :scheming: I need more Monster Hunter toys.

Votan's not really up my alley, but it's super nice to see BD putting actual texture on their toys again instead of "we carved cheap grooves into a smooth toy" (like Kona and Blaze)!
:psyduck:
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Not too sure how I feel about Votan. The head heavily reminds me of Crackers except with the ridges being more pronounced. The 3D view does give a good idea of the shape of the model, but I miss seeing actual photographs of all sides how they used to do. Also, why is a 3 color marble (with 2 metallic colors and 1 translucent color) for the Natural at no additional cost, but the fade is $20? I get that $20 is the default cost for all signature colors, but that's unexpected. Also, that fade looks like crap. I couldn't tell that was a fade until I read the description for it. Hell, looking at the photo on Votan's page and on the promo page for both new toys it still looks like a split that was done high up on the shaft instead of at the base. And when you go to order a custom fades and splits aren't even options. I don't know if they'll be added later, but if they're not added then I'm very surprised that the Signature color is a fade on a model that can't support custom fades. And I bet it won't stay for long before they switch it to something else. Yeah, even staring at the pictures I can't tell that it's a fade. I'll have to see the specs for the other sizes (whenever they're released) before I make a fully decision, but for now it doesn't much interest me at all. Anje looks quite nice, however.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Darkenedstar14

Postby Darkenedstar14 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:44 pm

katze wrote:SO this is what I custom ordered (deconstructed Carnival):

And...this is what I got:

Just sent in a ticket, if they don't offer me a repour I'm gonna bitch and moan. Literally every color is not where it's supposed to be lmaooo, like what.

Wha... I can't even... :eyeroll:

On another note, am I the only one who thinks there's something... off... with the new toy Anje? I dont own penetrables (lack the equipment), so it's just my ignorance but something about it just looks...odd...? Like my eyes are catching something my brain can't interpret. Or is it just me?
•~•Have you seen all the new CockSocks yet?•~•

Swag Wish List
Teenie - Weenies:
David ~ "Gunner" (I know they're out there...)

See Profile Page for Secondhand Info!
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:50 pm

tzern wrote:New penetrable is missing the inside view?

Not sure if you saw it yet, but inside view is up now.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:57 pm

Niah wrote:Not too sure how I feel about Votan. The head heavily reminds me of Crackers except with the ridges being more pronounced. The 3D view does give a good idea of the shape of the model, but I miss seeing actual photographs of all sides how they used to do. Also, why is a 3 color marble (with 2 metallic colors and 1 translucent color) for the Natural at no additional cost, but the fade is $20? I get that $20 is the default cost for all signature colors, but that's unexpected. Also, that fade looks like crap. I couldn't tell that was a fade until I read the description for it. Hell, looking at the photo on Votan's page and on the promo page for both new toys it still looks like a split that was done high up on the shaft instead of at the base. And when you go to order a custom fades and splits aren't even options. I don't know if they'll be added later, but if they're not added then I'm very surprised that the Signature color is a fade on a model that can't support custom fades. And I bet it won't stay for long before they switch it to something else. Yeah, even staring at the pictures I can't tell that it's a fade. I'll have to see the specs for the other sizes (whenever they're released) before I make a fully decision, but for now it doesn't much interest me at all. Anje looks quite nice, however.

Price can be a deterrent to reduce the number of fades, as it seems to be a trend. To be the stock photo it's a shitty fade, as you say it looks like a split, I miss the initial drop to see more examples. In the email it says that not all options could be available, apart from the sizes, and how the suction cup and the cumtube are, they can be referred to the colors.
BTW no youtube videos yet... if there will be.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Anyone know what they mean by "increased security measures" in the promo?

Like, do they mean "we're trying to prevent people making counterfeit toys of our stuff" security, or something else?

Harbenz wrote:
Niah wrote: :words:

:words:

I think it's meant to be a special type of fade. There are no other fade options available for Votan, and even the 3D preview shows that the fade is meant to be pretty sharp like a split. So I don't think it's meant to take the smoother fades that's being offered on other toys like Midnight Forest or Midnight Aquatic.

I actually kind of like it, but only as a swap color. It'd look good on toys like Austin as the colors will shift right before the knot, and it'll also theoretically work for toys that don't support splits like Kage but still support fades.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:05 pm

CakeLurker wrote: :words:

I think is just a joke/reference to Jurassic World movies, as they can't made the full release of Votan.
As the special kind of fade/split is a posibility, if you select the Rainbow Strawberry Yogurt Parfait color most colors are in that zone (at first I thought was a bad texture proyetion on the 3D model), but I don't really like it (al least is better than a clear split in the shaft like Crackers and Xar)
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:15 pm

CakeLurker wrote:Anyone know what they mean by "increased security measures" in the promo?

Like, do they mean "we're trying to prevent people making counterfeit toys of our stuff" security, or something else ?

They are probably talking about Dragon Island, where their first JW event took place. They just mean they have to move the dinosaurs around and reinforce security on the island to prevent dinos running loose like last time.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:28 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote: :words:

Harbenz wrote: :words:

Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure how that joke flew over my head, but it did. :doh: Good to know that it wasn't something serious
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

I think the new dinosaur toys look really cool! :widesmile:

Not sure when I'll have more money in the dick fund, but they're both on my list.
ImageImage
FoxyCatZaam

Postby FoxyCatZaam » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:12 pm

I really like the look of Votan! Definitely going onto my wishlist of toys to buy. I was so hoping that there's be new dinos to go with along with the Jurassic World movie release! Anje looks nifty too. The Lily shirt is so lovely! :cool:
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Harbenz wrote:though it looks like an uncut... elephant? penis lol

Damn, you're right. Look at Anje in platinum ore and it screams elephant. I think it looks more like a trunk than a penis, though.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 am

That feeling when the penetrable has almost the same name as your mom...
Just one Letter is missing but it kinda puts me off despite looking quite nice...
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:26 am

Yay more dinosaurs! Also Allosaurus being my fave dinosaur :widesmile:
Also like the Lily t-shirt, I do need more shirts sooner or later
Time for some saving up!
Smolder

Postby Smolder » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:37 am

Ooooh, dinosaurs!
Wasn't sold on Votan right away since he's not very pretty aethetically, except for the base. Sorta odd-looking at first glance. But the shape fascinates me, so I'm considering it. For a 'small', he's still pretty hefty in size for me, so I'm a little uncertain. Definitely a step up from my other toys. I could possibly work up to him but i dont want to get yet another toy i just can't take yet. Hopefully they release a mini, and hopefully it's compatible with the super awesome 'natural' color. Usually minis are pretty lame color-wise though, which would be unfortunate. But I can hope and see what happens.
Definitely want that shirt though
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:18 am

*Adds Voltan to list*

I'll probably wait until I can get an idea of all the sized

Nice grind worthy base!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
SweetieKat

Postby SweetieKat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:53 am

Ok, I think I like Votan, and the small is just my size. I wasn't sure at first glance, the base is a little funky, but yummy ridges and no knot? Sign me up!

Also really like the Lily shirt! I hope they put out some more character shirts like that 'cause they look so cool!

I don't have the bits to use Anje, but her character art is totally cute!
:misc1: :nerdy: Toy list in my profile, I've done a few reviews. Current Favorites: Royal Dragon, Terra
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:21 am

Harbenz wrote:
Niah wrote:Not too sure how I feel about Votan. The head heavily reminds me of Crackers except with the ridges being more pronounced. The 3D view does give a good idea of the shape of the model, but I miss seeing actual photographs of all sides how they used to do. Also, why is a 3 color marble (with 2 metallic colors and 1 translucent color) for the Natural at no additional cost, but the fade is $20? I get that $20 is the default cost for all signature colors, but that's unexpected. Also, that fade looks like crap. I couldn't tell that was a fade until I read the description for it. Hell, looking at the photo on Votan's page and on the promo page for both new toys it still looks like a split that was done high up on the shaft instead of at the base. And when you go to order a custom fades and splits aren't even options. I don't know if they'll be added later, but if they're not added then I'm very surprised that the Signature color is a fade on a model that can't support custom fades. And I bet it won't stay for long before they switch it to something else. Yeah, even staring at the pictures I can't tell that it's a fade. I'll have to see the specs for the other sizes (whenever they're released) before I make a fully decision, but for now it doesn't much interest me at all. Anje looks quite nice, however.

Price can be a deterrent to reduce the number of fades, as it seems to be a trend. To be the stock photo it's a shitty fade, as you say it looks like a split, I miss the initial drop to see more examples. In the email it says that not all options could be available, apart from the sizes, and how the suction cup and the cumtube are, they can be referred to the colors.
BTW no youtube videos yet... if there will be.

Based from other comments (I missed the drop but not by much) I don't think they dropped any new models in adoptions at all. Despite Elise confirming it for me, I'm very nervous about my custom Lenneth (Ridgeback). I ordered him in Demogorgon's Signature and I'm anxious to see if they do the fade properly or if it'll be choppy like we've seen before, even on models that support fades (like Lenneth). Even if the choppy fade on Votan is intentional, it doesn't sit well with me at all; not that I'm even likely to order that model until we get more sizes and can see some different angles and colors on actual models in adoptions.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.

Return to “General Discussion”