Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Re: Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Postby Basvanderwerff » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:34 am

Sean wrote:I'm pretty sure it depends how popular the model(s) you ordered is. They might put each order on a first-come first-serve basis under each toy and do it that way.

that whould an incredible idiotic system i can see them pour multiple toys of the same colors (after a color promotion orso) at the same time from different orders cause then they can then mix a large batch of the same silicon at same time, but giving some models priority be rediculous.
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:17 am

HungryStray wrote:I'm pretty sure what he means is, the more popular the model, the longer it could potentially take to pour. No model gets priority over another, like.... because I ordered my 2 Royals and a Crash at the same time, there might have only been two people ahead of me who wanted a Royal poured, so I'd be after them. Whereas there might be 10 people ahead of me wanting a Crash so my Crash will be poured after theirs.

Ye that what i meant also and it a pretty pour system to use.
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
threarah

Postby threarah » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:41 am

HungryStray wrote:
Basvanderwerff wrote:Ye that what i meant also and it a pretty pour system to use.

I feel like it only makes sense to do it that way though. The orders still get made in the order that they were received, from what I understand, the only thing that would make you have to wait longer is if you did, in fact, have more than one toy in an order and then have to wait your turn when your ticket is up for the most popular model in your order.

I'm with HungryStay on this. I don't think there's any other system they could use, because they're never going to have the same number of jobs on every mould and it's incredibly unfair I think to bump someone up in the queue because of something like a second toy in their order being poured on a less popular mould.
silvring

Postby silvring » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:42 am

Basvanderwerff wrote:Ye that what i meant also and it a pretty pour system to use.

Poor or not, it may be one they have to use. There's a limited number of molds and there may be far more orders than there are molds (i.e. 80 orders for small Mengs but only 20 small Meng molds), a limited number of mixing stations, a limited number of pour stations and a limited number of spaces in their curing chambers. The less popular models may get poured faster simply because there would be less of a queue for that mold (or even none at all). There's curing time to factor in, plus orders that require the silicone to be partially cured before the next color or firmness can be added which can lengthen the time a mold is in use.
An0maly

Postby An0maly » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:29 am

We can only speculate.
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:36 am

silvring wrote:
Basvanderwerff wrote: The less popular models may get poured faster simply because there would be less of a queue for that mold (or even none at all).

Actually, from a business perspective it's the opposite. If you have a station with molds for, say, 20 toys, you're not going to even bother with that station until you have enough orders to completely fill it for maxiumum efficiency- why bother making 5-6 toys and taking up a precious worker to a station that can't even be filled up when they could pour 100 of the more popular models?

There's a Bell curve involved with this. On the extreme ends, you have the highest production time (Super popular/brand new models like Nocturne, and the less popular ones on each end) while near the middle, with the moderately popular toys that aren't brand new seeing the fastest/ most consistent production time. The newer models take time because of the sheer volume involved, the less popular models because they're looking to fill up a station with orders before filling them.

At least, this is what I can divine from my manufacturing knowledge. I'm not behind the scenes so I can't say for sure, but this is what we can infer.

Glad I don't have to wait for production though, I'm just waiting on Black Friday toys now :misc3: :dukeretro:
One part of a beautiful couple seeking bliss...

Collection below the spoiler for space concerns!

► Show Spoiler
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:42 pm

I don't know how popular Natascha is at this time. I wouldn't say she's very high demand as some other toys out now. I ordered her in spooky seconds. So we'll see when it gets here.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
An0maly

Postby An0maly » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Umm My order is marked shipped! I didn't expect it to go under a month, but 5 days is really a surprise!
Dr_Melon

Postby Dr_Melon » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:40 pm

I was saving up my money for the sale today, but when I saw that they are selling only blacks I just went ahead and bought the only Roland adoption that was out there.
Sure he dosen't have a suction cup BUT he has a cum tube, and altho I prefer the cup to the tube I'm gonna love him all the same. :misc2:
Lovely natural collor too.

OHH and this time I didn't forget to buy some extra lube unlike the last time...

And his status went to shiped about 6 or so hours ago. Next week can't come too soon.
I am not the one to ask why, I ask WHY NOT!?

Collection:
Gryphon, Large/Firm, Dark natural, CT, SC
Roland, Medium/Medium, Natural, CT
ChanceFlared, Medium/Split wide, Thoroughbred, CT
Sugar star, Oynx Black
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Ahhh, I wonder how fast they're going to get all this Black Friday stock out- one of my two has shipped, hopefully because of all the stock going out, I'll get a quick UPS route from Arizona straight here and I'll have it in 2 days rather than the possible 7.

► Show Spoiler
Samson

Postby Samson » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:44 pm

My order today has been picked up, but I don't have an estimate of when it will be here. I usually pick 2-3 day FedEx shipping, but since it was something I wasn't in a rush to get I just picked 1-5 day.
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
Gloria

Postby Gloria » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:53 pm

''Your order was placed 1 month, 1 day, 5 hours, 16 minutes, and 15 seconds ago.'' :doh:

It's my first custom order, a Small Nox, Medium firmness in Spooky seconds... Can wait it to be made and Shipped !! :smilenox:
Own : Royal Dragon /5
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Samson wrote:My order today has been picked up, but I don't have an estimate of when it will be here. I usually pick 2-3 day FedEx shipping, but since it was something I wasn't in a rush to get I just picked 1-5 day.

I don't even bother with the 2-3 day any more, as it always takes nearly a week to get to me anyway. I just get the cheapest option, 2-7 day UPS ground.

I can't trust FedEX or UPS to do anything right, as UPS constantly delivers to the wrong address or fails to ship when out for delivery, and FedEX never, EVER gets anything to me on time. Kinda wish there was a USPS option for domestic orders :/

► Show Spoiler
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:19 pm

I t would not be worth it for me to use expedited shipping, I always get it the next day after shipping. The benefits of living near AZ.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
EvL
Gender: Mostly female but born with some extra bits inside.

Postby EvL » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:00 pm

My Sleipnir shipped TODAY! :D So, ordered October 27th, shipped November 27th. So glad they didn't actually put off all the customs for the black friday thing.

Unfortunately, I chose UPS, so it is going to take an entire week to get to me. *sad trombone*
So, on Thursday of next week it'll be here and I will see how I did playing Opal Roulette! I have one gorgeous Opal adopt, and am hoping to be really wowed by the Sleipnir, since it's so big and long... hopefully that means they'll have managed to swirl a bunch of color in?
Rukai

Postby Rukai » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Eeee just got a Roland and a Nox.
That's two of my wishlist, and they're prettyyyyyy :3 :smilenox:
I did notice something weird, the Nox said suction cup, but the photo showed a cum tube.
Confused OwO Did they mislabel it? >w>
And Razor is at 6 weeks now. Sent in a ticket, but no response yet.
I hope everything is okay >w< :doh:
-Rukai- Male/18/Gay/In an Open Relationship/Gamer :D
Rawr imma Sheppy :D
Willow

Postby Willow » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:33 am

EvL wrote:My Sleipnir shipped TODAY! :D So, ordered October 27th, shipped November 27th. So glad they didn't actually put off all the customs for the black friday thing.

Unfortunately, I chose UPS, so it is going to take an entire week to get to me. *sad trombone*
So, on Thursday of next week it'll be here and I will see how I did playing Opal Roulette! I have one gorgeous Opal adopt, and am hoping to be really wowed by the Sleipnir, since it's so big and long... hopefully that means they'll have managed to swirl a bunch of color in?

Maybe for you... I also ordered on October 27th and still waiting. Hoping it's shipped next week... now I have a weekend to sit through.
Elli

Postby Elli » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:26 am

And then there was two but since the latest order was an adoption it shouldn't be much of a wait! I'm thinking they might, possibly, get here pretty close to one another actually since my previous order will reach 6 weeks next Wednesday. Even if it does take another week after that to ship that's pretty soonish, no? It has to be ready at some point after all :laugh:
Samson

Postby Samson » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:48 am

Inferno wrote:
Samson wrote:My order today has been picked up, but I don't have an estimate of when it will be here. I usually pick 2-3 day FedEx shipping, but since it was something I wasn't in a rush to get I just picked 1-5 day.

I don't even bother with the 2-3 day any more, as it always takes nearly a week to get to me anyway. I just get the cheapest option, 2-7 day UPS ground.

I can't trust FedEX or UPS to do anything right, as UPS constantly delivers to the wrong address or fails to ship when out for delivery, and FedEX never, EVER gets anything to me on time. Kinda wish there was a USPS option for domestic orders :/

FedEx 2-3 day pretty much always gets to me within 2 days.
I have never had issues with FedEx, but in the past I have had UPS deliver to the wrong address.
Lately I have been having problems with USPS delivering several days late. Not just because it is the holidays, because this has been going on for a few months now.
So I guess it just depends on where you live. :unamused:
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
threarah

Postby threarah » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:22 am

Is it bad the only thing I'm worried about with shipping, is that all the bottlecaps get taken up by Black Friday orders before my normal order that was placed before BF started can get packed to have some xD

Return to “General Discussion”