Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Charizard

Re: Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Postby Charizard » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Can someone tell me the best way to post pics from mobile? Also if there's any confusion, we didn't order Thoroughly Bred, that's just what we were sent :/ it actually looks like that or the dark natural for the gryphon... definitely not the neon pink tip and grey base we asked for.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:47 pm

Charizard wrote:Can someone tell me the best way to post pics from mobile? Also if there's any confusion, we didn't order Thoroughly Bred, that's just what we were sent :/ it actually looks like that or the dark natural for the gryphon... definitely not the neon pink tip and grey base we asked for.

I normally upload them to drop box from my phone and then resize and post them from my computer. But if you go and hit at the bottom Attachments -> Add file it should let you upload an image from your camera roll.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Charizard wrote:Can someone tell me the best way to post pics from mobile? Also if there's any confusion, we didn't order Thoroughly Bred, that's just what we were sent :/ it actually looks like that or the dark natural for the gryphon... definitely not the neon pink tip and grey base we asked for.

Ooooh, this clears it up a lot. Your original post made it sound like you ordered the Thoroughly Bred colour, and instead got something way different.

Did you put in the HEX codes on the order yourself? Did you ask them to put them in? There have been a few people getting incorrect customs because of how BD's monitors make the colours, look. They tend to see blue and green hues way differently than most, standard monitors. Pinks and reds might be having an issue, now, too.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Charizard

Postby Charizard » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Here, I don't know if all of these attached or not. The lighter version is what we wanted, the darker one is what was sent to me today to "prove" they matched the color, which looks much, much darker to me. The photo is a quick snapshot of the toy, it's dark here and I can take another in daylight tomorrow, but it's honestly not very far off :eyeroll: Even against the darker swatch they showed us today, I don't think the final product matches. Maybe my expectations are just too high. Eitehr way I don't understand why they won't accept the return on a sealed product.
Attachments
Comparison.jpg
Comparison.jpg (12.72 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Pic1.jpg
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Ooooh, this clears it up a lot. Your original post made it sound like you ordered the Thoroughly Bred colour, and instead got something way different.

Did you put in the HEX codes on the order yourself? Did you ask them to put them in? There have been a few people getting incorrect customs because of how BD's monitors make the colours, look. They tend to see blue and green hues way differently than most, standard monitors. Pinks and reds might be having an issue, now, too.

Seconded. This makes a lot more sense to me now. They have always been spot on with my swapped colors/model specific colors. I would be up the wall too if they colors had been off on one of these. Orders that require hex codes always feel like a bit of a gamble for me. Out of all the orders I've made, only 3 of these were ones with custom hex codes. 2 of these were made in the last month and I sought help with CS before ordering.

I would highly recommend this for anyone making a custom order requiring hex codes and attaching a picture with a color similar to what you have in mind is also a good idea. It's still not guaranteed to come out exactly how you expect but it's more help to them and ultimately the customer.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
sapphire

Postby sapphire » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Yeah sending pictures would help with accuracy. I'd never trust hex codes if I am looking for something specific in a color.

The base is way off for sure but I don't think the pink is base on what you chose. Because the pink you picked with the color swatch is definitely not hot pink.
Charizard

Postby Charizard » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:57 pm

sapphire wrote:Yeah sending pictures would help with accuracy. I'd never trust hex codes if I am looking for something specific in a color.

The base is way off for sure but I don't think the pink is base on what you chose. Because the pink you picked with the color swatch is definitively not hot pink.

That's good to know, I wish I'd known before :sniffing: And yeah, I'm not sure how the pink we'd wanted became red. Here's another picture if it helps. It's just very red. I think I'm going to drop it after this, I know this isn't the thread for it anyway. I'm just bummed after such a long wait and no real support from CS.
Attachments
Pic3.jpg
sapphire

Postby sapphire » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Charizard wrote:
sapphire wrote:Yeah sending pictures would help with accuracy. I'd never trust hex codes if I am looking for something specific in a color.

The base is way off for sure but I don't think the pink is base on what you chose. Because the pink you picked with the color swatch is definitively not hot pink.

That's good to know, I wish I'd known before :sniffing: And yeah, I'm not sure how the pink we'd wanted became red. Here's another picture if it helps. It's just very red. I think I'm going to drop it after this, I know this isn't the thread for it anyway. I'm just bummed after such a long wait and no real support from CS.

woah it's red?? It looked like (an accurate) pink to me in the photo 0A0
If it's actually red then, yeah no, totally WAY off!!! Although the color you picked isn't what I'd describe as hot pink, it was still a shade of pink. jeebus :doh:

I'd take the credit and then sell this. Then buy a new one and ticket to be sure you get the color you want
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:57 pm

^ I agree; take the store credit and sell this on off in secondhand.

It sounds like, to me, their monitors displayed the colour differently than what yours did. It has happened to quite a few of us before. :doh:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
HurricaneLane

Postby HurricaneLane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 pm

So, since I'm waiting on my custom Bumble Hooves and they had the leap year promotion, I jumped at a couple of things I had been eyeing up but wasn't quite sure on. I got a Blast Radius CD (cause that's long overdue), more lube, the new coins, a Meng, and a small Austin. Hopefully that will all get here this week.
► Show Spoiler
Charizard

Postby Charizard » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Last post about this, I promise. Apparently BD doesn't accept returns anymore, even on sealed items. So if you get something that doesn't look like what you ordered, you're completely SOL. All I got out of this wait is a reason to spend my money elsewhere. No more waiting syndrome for me I guess. Cheers.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Charizard wrote:Last post about this, I promise. Apparently BD doesn't accept returns anymore, even on sealed items. So if you get something that doesn't look like what you ordered, you're completely SOL. All I got out of this wait is a reason to spend my money elsewhere. No more waiting syndrome for me I guess. Cheers.

Aw damn that sucks. Sorry about that, I myself am slowly loosing more and more interest in BD due to their recent attitude. I'll still be on the forums and I'll still buy from them, but I probably won't be itching to order from them over other places as much.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Akanisen wrote:
Charizard wrote:Last post about this, I promise. Apparently BD doesn't accept returns anymore, even on sealed items. So if you get something that doesn't look like what you ordered, you're completely SOL. All I got out of this wait is a reason to spend my money elsewhere. No more waiting syndrome for me I guess. Cheers.

Aw damn that sucks. Sorry about that, I myself am slowly loosing more and more interest in BD due to their recent attitude. I'll still be on the forums and I'll still buy from them, but I probably won't be itching to order from them over other places as much.

Same. I've about lost all respect for them; how they're treating people isn't right.
Elli

Postby Elli » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:52 pm

I don't know exactly what's happened but if you're feeling really bad about it and you didn't manage to resolve the issue via tickets then PayPal might be the way to go? If you used that to pay? They might still decide in BD's favour, but maybe not, and regardless you'll have gotten an objective outsiders perspective on the matter? Just a thought.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:14 pm

order.jpg
order.jpg (22.31 KiB) Viewed 680 times
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Elli wrote:

I don't know exactly what's happened but if you're feeling really bad about it and you didn't manage to resolve the issue via tickets then PayPal might be the way to go? If you used that to pay? They might still decide in BD's favour, but maybe not, and regardless you'll have gotten an objective outsiders perspective on the matter? Just a thought.

Though I've heard that if you file a charge-back BD may ban your IP so you can't buy anything from them anymore.
Elli

Postby Elli » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Phelvia wrote:
Elli wrote:
Charizard wrote: :words:

Though I've heard that if you file a charge-back BD may ban your IP so you can't buy anything from them anymore.

That'd seem counterproductive for BD, unless a customer does it repeatedly without reason that is.

Idk, they do say that the colours are only approximations and I don't know what the conversation between Charizard and BD included or how it went. If it's a case of general disappointment and dissatisfaction with how the toy turned out or if the colour difference is significant enough that they didn't get what they paid for. That's for the OP to decide/know but I don't think we should be afraid to make use of PayPals resolution center when it's needed. That's kinda the point of using them, you know? :psyduck:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:10 pm

So I came over to this thread to ask about wait times right now, and found Charizard's issue. The picture they posted looks exactly like the Dark Natural color for that model on my screen. Like, dead-on. I know they said they were not posting about it anymore, but I just wanted to comment on how bizarre this situation seems. I understand that things can get mixed up, and I don't know how the order/ticketing went or anything, but why isn't BD more willing to accept a return? Don't they have a guarantee policy on customs?? :psyduck:
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Elli wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
Elli wrote:I don't know exactly what's happened but if you're feeling really bad about it and you didn't manage to resolve the issue via tickets then PayPal might be the way to go? If you used that to pay? They might still decide in BD's favour, but maybe not, and regardless you'll have gotten an objective outsiders perspective on the matter? Just a thought.

That'd seem counterproductive for BD, unless a customer does it repeatedly without reason that is.

Idk, they do say that the colours are only approximations and I don't know what the conversation between Charizard and BD included or how it went. If it's a case of general disappointment and dissatisfaction with how the toy turned out or if the colour difference is significant enough that they didn't get what they paid for. That's for the OP to decide/know but I don't think we should be afraid to make use of PayPals resolution center when it's needed. That's kinda the point of using them, you know? :psyduck:

Oh no I'm not disagreeing with you, it does seem counter productive but I read an incident where a user had a similar issue and since BD wouldn't fix it they told CS that they would be doing a charge-back, which lead to them telling said user if they did this then they would blacklist them.
Not sure if BD did away with doing this or not. I wouldn't know since I've never had this issue.

I just hope everything goes well for OP with this issue. I know when I do customs I give very specific examples (ex. a bright pink like the one from the Alexandrite. Or give reference pictures of something with the same color(s) like watermelon)
The Winter Fire

Postby The Winter Fire » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Why do I feel like BD has a customer service team of nice people, then one super grumpy person? Seems like most people have great experiences, then every once in a while CS is extremely rude to someone.
Probably not the case but that's what my mind went to. :stick:
I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night!~

Male - FTM - Panromantic - Homosexual

Owns:
Crash - Small - 5 - Frankenpour
Crackers - Mini - 5 - Suction Cup - Sky Blue

Return to “General Discussion”