Update Feb 16, 2018 -- Detailed order status is dead
TheOtherDude wrote:If I have interpreted the status codes correctly, then:
Where are you finding the status codes on the new website?
Maybe I'm just completely overlooking it, but I just went poking around in my recent order to see and couldn't find anything more specific than "processing order".
On thursday, 15th of February 2018, around 14:24 local time, they have made a change to their backend systems which makes the status field is no longer appear in the data on the website. Effectively means detailed tracking has been killed off. See viewtopic.php?p=1253295#p1253295
Hope they change it back once they realize poor customer support will get bombarded with status update requests as people can't check it with self-service anymore.
They're displayed nowhere, in order to get them you'll need to dig around. Firefox developer tools! (Or Chrome, which work fairly similar).
- Navigate to order detail page (e.g. https://bad-dragon.com/order/XXXXXX)
- Right click page anywhere -> Inspect element (FF) or inspect (Chrome). A panel will appear at the bottom of the browser window.
- In the panel, navigate to network analysis tab, then do as the info message there says and reload the page by clicking the button. (If you don't see the tab, click the tiny cogwheel icon all to the right in that tab bar to get into the developer tools options, then put a checkmark next to the identically named option there)
- You should see a growing list appearing in that panel now. Once the page has finished loading, scroll back up until you find an entry with file = your order number and type = json (FF) or fetch (Chrome). Click it and a drawer should appear on the right.
- In this drawer, navigate to the Response tab.
- You'll see a tree structure with data. Some elements have triangles next to them, you can expand those (see their child elements) by clicking the triangle.
- Find the customToys entry and check out all of its child items. Each contains the toy name, size, firmness and color options, so you can reliably identify individual toys in your order.
- You'll also find a field called "status" for each toy. It holds a numeric code. This is the code I am referring to.
Chrome guide bits credit: Akanisen
I have been refreshing the order page like halfhourly to hourly over a great span of the past days and also investigated my past orders' data in an attempt to make some sense of those codes. This is what I have gathered so far:
Confirmed status codes:
- 3 = Queued for production
- 16 = Packing your order right now (this will be set for all the items in your order at the same time)
- 23 = Shipped
- 80 = Cancelled
- 87 = QA failed (flop/rogue/whatever), status about to change to 4 again
- 90 = Reserved in warehouse. This immediately showed for all inventory items of my order, even "surprise me" stuff like keychains. Also, after being in production, some of my custom toys are also on status 90 now.
Still unsure about those:
- 4 = In production + curing (status can change to this even on a weekend, it's apparently on a timer or auto-triggered when other toys that use your mold have finished curing)
- 11 = Production finished, waiting to be moved to QA queue (status can change to this on a weekend)
- 12 = In QA queue
- 13 = QA underway (status can change to this on a weekend)
- 92 = supposedly an alternate code for "waiting to be inspected by QA" (source)
OR also an alternate code for warehoused (maybe a different section of it)
Most unsure about steps 4/11/12/13.
Alternate way of interpretation:
- 4 = Mold ready
- 11 = Toy has been poured and is curing (activates a timer; status will auto-change to 12 when it's up)
- 12 = Toy has finished curing and is waiting to be released from mold
- 13 = Toy has been released from mold and is waiting to be inspected by QA
Encountered but still unknown codes:
- 5 = ??? likely a finishing step for toy production; apparently for suction cup
- 6 = ??? likely a finishing step for toy production
- 8 = ??? likely a finishing step for toy production; apparently for sloppy/spooky seconds effect
- 9 = ??? likely a finishing step for toy production; maybe for cumtube?
- 86 = ??? seems to be a finishing step for toy production despite the 8x number; I've seen one of my toys at this step and later progress thru 11/12 without going to 4 again.
- 88 = ??? likely another pour failure OR toy pour finishing code
- 91 = ??? maybe same meaning as 90 but different warehouse section
Maybe someone can get CS to spill some beans about what the different codes mean.
Status code history for the stuff in my order so far (order placed Thursday, but only started tracking status changes late on friday so some history from the beginning might be missing):
- Winston XL: ??? -> 3 (Friday) apparently still in queue... zzz
- David Sheath M: ??? -> 90 (Friday) apparently done
- Chance Unflared XL: ??? -> 4 (Friday) -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 (Saturday) -> 90 (Monday) apparently done
- Fenrir M (former L): ??? -> 4 (Friday) -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 (Saturday) -> 87 (Monday) -> 4 suspected mis-pour which is currently being re-done
- Sleipnir S: ??? -> 11 (Friday) -> 12 -> 13 (Saturday) -> 90 (Monday) apparently done
- Mary: ??? -> 3 (Friday) -> 4 (Sunday!!! WTF) -> 11 (Monday) -> 12 -> 13 (Tuesday) apparently in QA
No idea why Winston XL is stuck in the queue this long. I don't really believe so many
people are ordering XL...
Winston however is the only actual custom in my order, i.e. not just a past sale color or one of the offered default options on the sales page. (Chance=Cosmic Nebula, Sleipnir=Infinity Star, Fenrir=Covenant, Mary=Natural, DavidSheath=Signature)