Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
TheOtherDude

Re: Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 pm

STATUS 16 = PACKING CONFIRMED. It just changed.

Interestingly, the system changed the status of all the items in my order to that at the same time automatically, instead of someone manually marking one by one what they took out of the warehouse for packing.

Especially interesting that for this re-pour, they were actually re-using the original order and just changed the status of the toy in question back to 3/4 to get the process going. The others were sitting at 23/shipped until just now. But those got status 16 as well now.

Edit: All went back to 23/shipped now. No tracking number added and no email notification about it (yet) despite CS saying I should get both. I'll check back tomorrow to see if it's just delayed.

Edit 2: Apparently it wasn't actually shipped yet as no shipping label has been created yet, or so it seems. I'm registered for UPS MyChoice with my postal address so I should instantly be able to see when a shipping label is created that has my address as destination on it. There could of course be some slight delay in their systems as well but probably no longer than 15ish minutes.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
KungisGalo

Postby KungisGalo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:27 pm

oh heccccc!

Bumble Hooves arrives tomorrow or the day after! I'm so excited, it's taken more than a month for this to happen!
BRICK SQUAD
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:39 am

TheOtherDude wrote:And I'm starting to believe my initial interpretation of status 11, 12 and 13 aren't quite exact.

I've witnessed multiple times now the status changing in those numbers on a weekend, where they say they aren't working. So I thought about it again - maybe the status change actually is on a timer?

This would check out. They should have two such manufacturing steps where it would be applicable, #1 being when they have created the mold for your toy and the mold has to cure for a specific time, and #2 when they actually poured your toy in that mold and wait for it to cure. Both could be put on a timer.

(I assume they actually make a new mold for each insertable as there are no seams to be seen except for the cuts at the bottom/base, hence likely no multi-part mold that can be "opened" and "closed", and with the shape of some toys I think it would be absolutely impossible to get them out of the mold after curing without destroying the mold. Unless... the mold is made of flexible material?)

So my updated guess on those is:

• 3 = In queue for mold creation
  • 4 = Mold is hardening (or whatever you call it)
  • 11 = Mold ready to use, waiting to be poured / mixing silicone
  • 12 = Toy is curing
  • 13 = Toy finished curing, ready for QA inspection

I've already missed the point in time where they pack my stuff before shipping twice so I can't yet confirm what the status code for that short step is. My Fenrir re-pour is done however (was put into the warehouse a few hours ago) and I'll be hugging the screen until 17:00 local time with 10 second update intervals. Don't think they stay in later than that.

For 3 and 4, do you mean 'mold creation' as in 'other toys are currently using the mold' or 'getting an entirely new mold made'? :psyduck: As far as I know, molds don't fail after one use. It would be really unusual if they had to make new molds at any point during the status-related production process, let alone telling the customer that they either didn't make enough or broke some.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:50 am

Roverseer2 wrote:For 3 and 4, do you mean 'mold creation' as in 'other toys are currently using the mold' or 'getting an entirely new mold made'? :psyduck: As far as I know, molds don't fail after one use. It would be really unusual if they had to make new molds at any point during the status-related production process, let alone telling the customer that they either didn't make enough or broke some.

I mean getting an entirely new mold made.

I am not in the slightest into the details of silicone casting or even casting with any material, but i think I know at least a few basic things. I believe the most common material for molds is some clay-like stuff, or even steel for industrial applications, that is hard and unflexible, so if you had any toy shape that was not gradually decreasing in diameter (like Winston's Tail) you'd have a problem getting the cured toy out of the mold - which is why for those cases, they actually have a two-part or even multi-part mold where all parts get separated after curing to get the finished product out.

This however produces visible seams at the surface of the product (and the rougher the seams, the lower-quality the mold was), and I have yet to see a BD insertable that has any kind of seam. I've only ever seen them on some (not all) penetrables. So BD can't be going that route. Leaves two options: Either they make a fresh hard mold from a set of "master" models for every toy they pour which then gets destroyed when taking the finished toy out, or they have molds made from some flexible material that can be stretched/bent to get the finished toy out and hence actually re-used.

Given those four states and the average time my toys have spent in those states, I guessed the fresh mold for each toy route would be the one in use.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Villie

Postby Villie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 am

TheOtherDude wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:For 3 and 4, do you mean 'mold creation' as in 'other toys are currently using the mold' or 'getting an entirely new mold made'? :psyduck: As far as I know, molds don't fail after one use. It would be really unusual if they had to make new molds at any point during the status-related production process, let alone telling the customer that they either didn't make enough or broke some.

I am not in the slightest into the details of silicone casting or even casting with any material, but i think I know at least a few basic things. I believe the most common material for molds is some clay-like stuff, or even steel for industrial applications, that is hard and unflexible, so if you had any toy shape that was not gradually decreasing in diameter (like Winston's Tail) you'd have a problem getting the cured toy out of the mold - which is why for those cases, they actually have a two-part or even multi-part mold where all parts get separated after curing to get the finished product out.

This however produces visible seams at the surface of the product (and the rougher the seams, the lower-quality the mold was), and I have yet to see a BD insertable that has any kind of seam. I've only ever seen them on some (not all) penetrables. So BD can't be going that route. Leaves two options: Either they make a fresh hard mold from a set of "master" models for every toy they pour which then gets destroyed when taking the finished toy out, or they have molds made from some flexible material that can be stretched/bent to get the finished toy out and hence actually re-used.

Given those four states and the average time my toys have spent in those states, I guessed the fresh mold for each toy route would be the one in use.

From shop pictures I've seen, they use flexible silicone moulds that can be reused!
They spray in a release agent before pouring so that way the silicone doesn't stick to silicone.

I can't imagine them going the gypsum or other hard material route. While its cheap to make a one time use mould, it's only cheap if you're planning on only making a single thing out of it, and not cost effective for a company that produces a ton of them
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am

TheOtherDude wrote:

The molds are generally silicone, either block or glove molds since they don't have seams. Fully reusable, it's what practically all of the fantasy sex toy stores use, Exotic Erotics and Frisky Beast included. It would be a complete waste of money to make disposable molds instead of just a set of reusable silicone ones. Plus, if they were disposable, BD probably would have added logos to their older models.

I'd suggest that 3 and 4 are for the existing molds being full, and it being one or the other relates to maybe how long the queue is until a mold will be free.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Got my Al toy, waiting to open it til I'm in a call with a friend :excited:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
FutaSoup

Postby FutaSoup » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:22 pm

My Rex came in today. Many things conspired to prevent me from trying him out, but ultimately I found the time. The bad news is that I think my butt is too big to take the knot without significant effort. The good news is that, that was probably the best fap I've ever had. I can now confirm your legs being weak afterwords is a real thing. :excited: For better or worse, I'm significantly more likely to find myself in this thread in the future.
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Toys were shipped yesterday. I have been refreshing the tracking label. Last night it went from "Shipping label created" to "In transit."
I know the estimated delivery is Tuesday (damn you weekend 3 day shipping-making it 6 day)...I keep refreshing because I feel like if I refresh it enough, it will move faster.
Spoiler, it doesn't work that way. :crying:
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Arrive already ya damn pillow!!! :angry: (got the pillowcase, now I need the actual pillow :psyduck: )
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
katze

Postby katze » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Ordered my new Lelo Mona 2 yesterday, and I'm so excited to get it. I think I'll have it on Wednesday? Either way, I'm stoked to have a vibrator that isn't Extremely Loud again.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
VampireTampon

Postby VampireTampon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 am

I placed an order consisting of a single Large Rex during the Labor Day sale. That was 13 days ago. Since a lot of orders were placed, I wonder how much more I'll have to wait until the toy is being made. Hurricane Maria is about to hit us, so it's not like I'm in a rush, but I'm very curious.
"Nothing goes better with butter than more butter" -Paula Deen
WTB AURORA OR RAINBOW RIBBON SMALL NOCTURNE!
None

Postby None » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 am

Just looked into Fedex tracking and saw that it was in my local town, but there was a subtext "Is not yet scheduled for delivery"...
So I went there and asked, the Fedex guy told me that they had it in the back, but that he couldn't give it to me yet, because I paid for International Economy not International Priority. Instead they built in an extra day of waiting, to punish me for paying like $4 less...

*sigh*
4.11.11-zen
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Refreshed my tracking, and my order is getting here a day early. Still says its in Utah, not Idaho, but not going to argue with UPS. So apparently refreshing repeatedly does make a difference!
Scheduled For Early Delivery On: Monday, 09/18/2017 , By End of Day

EDIT: 10PM...no package. UPS is the worst. Gave candy to build up my hopes, then slashed them down. :crying:
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
LBK

Postby LBK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do we find the status numbers for our orders? All I can see on my invoice is "Processing - Making your fantasy real". I placed my order about 2 weeks ago, so it would be nice to get a better idea of what stage of production it's at! :stick:
The Notorious Kaiju Groupie

Currently Owned:
Kelvin [Alexandrite / Medium / 5]
Zaratan [Zaratan's Natural / Mini / Split 3/8]
Nocturne [Custom Split Marble / Mini / 5]
Roland [Heavy Hitter / Small / 5]

Wishlist:
Flint [Mini]
Crackers [Mini]
Pretzal [Small]
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:47 pm

LBK wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do we find the status numbers for our orders? All I can see on my invoice is "Processing - Making your fantasy real". I placed my order about 2 weeks ago, so it would be nice to get a better idea of what stage of production it's at! :stick:

I don't believe that they have this anymore. I think it's only processing to shipped.

I ordered two customs 19 days ago... Mine is still processing as well. Ugh!
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
LBK

Postby LBK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Ah, that's a shame!

Nice to know I'm not the only one still waiting - Although I imagine there have been a lot of orders to catch up on after the Labor Day sale, so I guess it makes sense that we've been waiting a while. I splashed out and ordered 3 customs, so I suppose I just need to be a little more patient!
The Notorious Kaiju Groupie

Currently Owned:
Kelvin [Alexandrite / Medium / 5]
Zaratan [Zaratan's Natural / Mini / Split 3/8]
Nocturne [Custom Split Marble / Mini / 5]
Roland [Heavy Hitter / Small / 5]

Wishlist:
Flint [Mini]
Crackers [Mini]
Pretzal [Small]
Hexing

Postby Hexing » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 pm

So I have been waiting about 3 weeks for my Adoption to come in. :unamused: It's not BDs fault though. it's customs... aka the black hole of packages
:mystery: Hexing certainly is fun :mystery:
Tokoro

Postby Tokoro » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Ahhh, my new Crackers is getting here tomorrooooow~ :dukeretro:
Lesbean with a dragon dickin' addiction :stick:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:11 am

2.5 I have decided what I want, now I just need to collect the funds and get an ok from CS :psyduck: (PS I edited the picture of the toy to show what I plan on ticketing about but it's not set in stone yet)
wow.PNG

Return to “General Discussion”