Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
TheOtherDude

Re: Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:38 am

I've had UPS silently re-schedule two of my packages already. Crappy time estimation on their part, but the worst is they bombard you with notifications "your package will be delivered tomorrow/today" but then don't have the guts to notify you about the re-scheduling. Wasted two days I took off work for nothing. Never again. Rather paying a bit more for FedEx, had much better experiences.

Originally I had very good experiences with UPS (years ago), but it looks like they've become absolutely bad.

LBK wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do we find the status numbers for our orders? All I can see on my invoice is "Processing - Making your fantasy real". I placed my order about 2 weeks ago, so it would be nice to get a better idea of what stage of production it's at! :stick:

Unconfirmed/speculative information: see the link in my signature. It's a bit complicated to reach but the detail info is still there. Just still needs more shared experiences and maybe inside info to nail down what the different codes mean.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
LBK

Postby LBK » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:41 am

TheOtherDude wrote:I've had UPS silently re-schedule two of my packages already. Crappy time estimation on their part, but the worst is they bombard you with notifications "your package will be delivered tomorrow/today" but then don't have the guts to notify you about the re-scheduling. Wasted two days I took off work for nothing. Never again. Rather paying a bit more for FedEx, had much better experiences.

Originally I had very good experiences with UPS (years ago), but it looks like they've become absolutely bad.

LBK wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do we find the status numbers for our orders? All I can see on my invoice is "Processing - Making your fantasy real". I placed my order about 2 weeks ago, so it would be nice to get a better idea of what stage of production it's at! :stick:

Unconfirmed/speculative information: see the link in my signature. It's a bit complicated to reach but the detail info is still there. Just still needs more shared experiences and maybe inside info to nail down what the different codes mean.

That's brilliant, thank you very much! I'll give it a more detailed look when I get home from work!
The Notorious Kaiju Groupie

Currently Owned:
Kelvin [Alexandrite / Medium / 5]
Zaratan [Zaratan's Natural / Mini / Split 3/8]
Nocturne [Custom Split Marble / Mini / 5]
Roland [Heavy Hitter / Small / 5]

Wishlist:
Flint [Mini]
Crackers [Mini]
Pretzal [Small]
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:44 am

My customs shipped finally! Yay!!!
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Villie

Postby Villie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:59 am

Can't wait til my xar finally starts production and then gets shipped to me :crying:
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:05 am

Villie wrote:Can't wait til my xar finally starts production and then gets shipped to me :crying:

Good luck! I hope it's soon.

I have four toys on their way to me.. Possibly seven, if the FB shipping notification was true. O.O
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Tokoro

Postby Tokoro » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 am

Oh! My custom Sleipnir shipped! :misc2: :excited:

I can't wait to see how he turned out!! :widesmile:
Lesbean with a dragon dickin' addiction :stick:
Mason013

Postby Mason013 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:37 pm

I've ordered a Nox and an Apollo. It's been 11 days and it's still processing... GAH!

I'll just have to bide my time with what I have already :stick:

EDIT: It appears they've been shipped! Ether that or the shipping label has been printed :widesmile:
Last edited by Mason013 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L/5 + M/5 Flint - L/5 Ika - L/5 Unf. Chance - XL/3 Nox - L/8 Apollo - L/5 Sleipnir - XL/5 Pretzal
LBK

Postby LBK » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks again, TheOtherDude! I'm very happy to see that it looks like my custom Zaratan and Roland are both ready and waiting to be shipped! :excited:

Unfortunately, it seems my custom Nocturne is still at status 3 and hasn't yet been poured! Quite surprising, considering it's nothing fancy (since we're not allowed to request marbles or fades on Nocturne) and the order was placed two weeks ago. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to keep waiting... :eyeroll:

Currently Owned:

Wishlist:
Flint [Mini]
Crackers [Mini]
Pretzal [Small]
LBK

Postby LBK » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:49 pm

...While it's on my mind, does anyone know what the deal is with marbles and fades on toys like Nocturne? I was emphatically reassured that Nocturne just doesn't support those types of pours, and yet I keep seeing them come up in adoptions. I wasn't 100% happy with my final order for Nocturne since I had to completely change what I was going for, (by and large I am NOT a fan of basic split colours and would have settled for even just a nice highlight to soften the transition), and now I know my custom hasn't been poured I'm getting a bit twitchy / antsy about the idea of changing it... :unamused:

Currently Owned:

Wishlist:
Flint [Mini]
Crackers [Mini]
Pretzal [Small]
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:47 pm

LBK wrote:...While it's on my mind, does anyone know what the deal is with marbles and fades on toys like Nocturne? I was emphatically reassured that Nocturne just doesn't support those types of pours, and yet I keep seeing them come up in adoptions. I wasn't 100% happy with my final order for Nocturne since I had to completely change what I was going for, (by and large I am NOT a fan of basic split colours and would have settled for even just a nice highlight to soften the transition), and now I know my custom hasn't been poured I'm getting a bit twitchy / antsy about the idea of changing it... :unamused:

With them saying they do not support these colors, what they mean is they don't offer it for custom ordering.

In adoptions, a lot of cocksmith experiments show up with colorations and other feature combinations (e.g. suction cup on Chance) that you can't order yourself.

Just because they say they don't support it it doesn't necessarily mean it's not doable - just that (likely) the fault rate is too high to still be profitable for them.

► Show Spoiler
LBK

Postby LBK » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:25 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
LBK wrote:...While it's on my mind, does anyone know what the deal is with marbles and fades on toys like Nocturne? I was emphatically reassured that Nocturne just doesn't support those types of pours, and yet I keep seeing them come up in adoptions. I wasn't 100% happy with my final order for Nocturne since I had to completely change what I was going for, (by and large I am NOT a fan of basic split colours and would have settled for even just a nice highlight to soften the transition), and now I know my custom hasn't been poured I'm getting a bit twitchy / antsy about the idea of changing it... :unamused:

With them saying they do not support these colors, what they mean is they don't offer it for custom ordering.

In adoptions, a lot of cocksmith experiments show up with colorations and other feature combinations (e.g. suction cup on Chance) that you can't order yourself.

Just because they say they don't support it it doesn't necessarily mean it's not doable - just that (likely) the fault rate is too high to still be profitable for them.

Ah, that makes sense, I hadn't considered the potential failure rate. Oh well, thanks for the clarification!

Currently Owned:

Wishlist:
Flint [Mini]
Crackers [Mini]
Pretzal [Small]
Xoda

Postby Xoda » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm on stage 12. Expecting stages 13-16 this Thursday. My order processed and shipped in ONE WEEK. Super blessed.
This is my first BD toy, its a solid black medium/medium chance UF. SO HYPE BRUHHH.
Male Pansexual (often sub) NE Tennessee
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 am

Villie wrote:Can't wait til my xar finally starts production and then gets shipped to me :crying:

Have you ticketed cs to see where your xar is in production?
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Ughhh. My customs and my Nova from adoptions are both estimated to arrive tomorrow by end of day... Can't wait!
puppyresidue

Postby puppyresidue » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 am

Got my pretty pretty ridgeback on the way (scheduled to arrive Thursday) but it's AGONIZING :surprised:

I was hoping UPS would be awesome and deliver a day early or so, but I guess they're really sticking to their schedule of not even scanning the package until tomorrow, much less delivering it a day early or so. Either way, this is such an improvement over the old wait times that I really shouldn't complain so much, especially since it's my dream toy I've wanted for a few years now. No matter how fast the process, the anticipation will never stop being painful will it? :stick:
Click to see my collection! ↓
► Show Spoiler
Villie

Postby Villie » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:15 am

The xar I ordered the 3rd is still processing. :crying:
PM me! Image
LBK

Postby LBK » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 am

Likewise! I placed my order on the 7th, and while it seems my custom Zaratan and Roland have both been ready to ship for at least a week, I'm still waiting for my Nocturne to be poured. I just hope he's done soon because it's going to take another week for my order to ship - Such is the pain of being an international customer!

The extended wait so far did give me time to make a last-minute request for a nice marbled base though, so I suppose I can't really complain... :stick:
Last edited by LBK on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently Owned:

Wishlist:
Flint [Mini]
Crackers [Mini]
Pretzal [Small]
EvL
Gender: Mostly female but born with some extra bits inside.

Postby EvL » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:33 pm

After quite a long time, I ordered a toy for my partner and a toy for myself- the shark vagina for him in halloween black/night sky/ whatever they are calling it now, and a large sapphire blaze with suction cup for me, though I sent a ticket and asked if I could add in a third color in the form of halloween black in my sapphire marble.

But I didn't see any place to enter my folsom street fair flyer code. :( :( :( hopefully they will be willing to fix it.

With the suction cup, I couldn't figure out how to select it, but found that placing the order for the toy in my cart made a popup appear that offered it. Kind of counterintuitive, what if people don't order a toy because they think the option just isn't available?

But I thought, "eh, I guess it's the same for paying for my order- I just have to advance through the process until I see an option to submit the discount code." I use PayPal to pay for it. Buuuuuut the payment simply made through and my order was complete. Did I miss something?

Now to see if they can make that three color marble, but more importantly, now to see if they will give me the discount I was expecting.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:08 am

If you have a code, you need to ticket to get it in. If it's a discount, they'll refund.

Mind sharing the code and what it does?

► Show Spoiler
Villie

Postby Villie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:34 am

Just got the email saying my xar shipped!!!! :widesmile:
PM me! Image