Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
LittleRedVixen

Re: Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Postby LittleRedVixen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:42 pm

I am waiting on my TTC order and it is stuck on the same shipping status for about 24 hours now (I know I know thats not that long.. but for me it feels like ages). I may be spoiled with FedEx being super fast and updating every little step but USPS seems to take a little longer on everything. I mean the package left the international airport in LA 24 hours ago.. why are you not in the country, mighty toys? :laugh:
"Does running out of f*cks count as cardio?"

ImageImage
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Harbenz wrote:My MHT package has to be in the same lot as Tempest and KnotyDes, but being international shipping, plus customs retention, plus holidays may not have it until January, I usually have bad luck in all shipments, I'm not very impatient, but you know. Another thing that frustrates me is that on the website of Mr.Hankey they say that due to the delay they have included some discount coupons for late delivery delays, although I do not think there is one in ours, which seems a bit unfair if they are still stored and accumulating in their warehouse... (but I will not complain too much because if they have an expiration date I could not use them)

Wishing you best of luck with your order! International shipping is the worst.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Tempest and me can't really complain about waiting since we are in the same state as MHT. I'm also like 15 minutes........wait its in SF, so 1 hour away (traffic is bad) from one of their store fronts. I will patiently wait.

Getting you order by January is rough. Best of luck Harbenz
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Ram

Postby Ram » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Omg I just got a shipping number! On one hand, I'm so excited, but on the other, knowing when it will get here is going to make the wait so much worse until it does...

On the third hand (if we can have horny dragons, we can have three hands), I suddenly have concerns that my new toy might be more than I can handle right now anyway... It's been a while.

#anxiety #doubt #excitement #anticipation
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Thank you both, it's the first time I get something big via usps, so I don't know what to expect from customs, but yes, in experience I prefer to think that I will receive it in January because otherwise I will get mad.
That is frustrating too, have it so close but still have to wait... this future is weird :laugh:
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:19 pm

KnotyDes wrote:Tempest and me can't really complain about waiting since we are in the same state as MHT. I'm also like 15 minutes........wait its in SF, so 1 hour away (traffic is bad) from one of their store fronts. I will patiently wait.

I'll complain if I want to! My order is still stuck in pre-shipping. :stick:

Nah, I know I have it easy.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Tempest wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:Tempest and me can't really complain about waiting since we are in the same state as MHT. I'm also like 15 minutes........wait its in SF, so 1 hour away (traffic is bad) from one of their store fronts. I will patiently wait.

I'll complain if I want to! My order is still stuck in pre-shipping. :stick:

Nah, I know I have it easy.

Huehuehue
My collection
► Show Spoiler
semprerotic

Postby semprerotic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 pm

I've seem some people getting their custom toys produced and shipped in less than 10 days, I was getting hopeful but I'm already at day 10 and my order still is being processed. I'm losing hope of getting my Chance before January too. :crying:
Ram

Postby Ram » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:16 pm

semprerotic wrote:I've seem some people getting their custom toys produced and shipped in less than 10 days, I was getting hopeful but I'm already at day 10 and my order still is being processed. I'm losing hope of getting my Chance before January too. :crying:

I could be wrong (heck, I'm probably wrong), but my guess is that some toys are easier than others, so they make those first in order to get as many orders done as they can, then move on to tougher orders. Alternatively, there could be a larger demand for some toys, leading to increased focus on producing those toys, or there could be a larger demand resulting in increased wait times for those toys if artisans are assigned specific models to work on.

It really depends on how BD handles the organization of custom toy production. Add in the fact that sometimes toys don't pass inspection, and wait times will tend to vary wildly.

In short, don't give up hope - they could literally be working on your toy right now; just because it wasn't done right away doesn't necessarily mean you're in for a super long wait. Just try to be patient (I know it's hard), and keep an eye out for the shipping email. Or you could obsess over it in an unhealthy manner as I do, and inspect the data from your order page every six to eight hours for any change in status. Up to you, really.
Cynic Dickic

Postby Cynic Dickic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 pm

semprerotic wrote:I've seem some people getting their custom toys produced and shipped in less than 10 days, I was getting hopeful but I'm already at day 10 and my order still is being processed. I'm losing hope of getting my Chance before January too. :crying:

Pfft, you think you've got it bad? I ordered my Janine's Muzzle over a month ago and it's still not processed yet. It probably will be soon since when I contacted BD support about it they said it was done and now they'll be doing a quality check soon, but still. What makes it worse is that the Anthro Dragon I ordered on Black Friday morning has actually been shipped according to the invoice, and I only ordered it 12 days ago. It looks like they put my Janine's Muzzle on the backburner repeatedly, and I'm not happy about it.

Also, 10 days is nowhere close to the average, according to BD's site. They say the average time is 2-3 weeks, so either that's outdated or I got lucky with my Anthro Dragon. It could also be that it was made quickly because it's just solid black, though.

On the bright side my Anthro Dragon got made and shipped in a relatively short time.
Ram

Postby Ram » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 pm

I remember my first order took ages... I actually ordered a premade, received it, and forgot about the original order before it shipped. Then one day, I got a shipping confirmation (to my initial confusion), read it, and went "oh yeah, I did order a kelvin, didn't I?"

I feel like I might have taken the "don't worry about how long it takes" philosophy too far with that one, but I was too busy having fun with my fenrir anyway.
katze

Postby katze » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Ugh, a month and still on 3 for my custom Diego. :'(

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Pasdebol

Postby Pasdebol » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Last order during Black Friday is still processing. :doh:

There were 3 flops (status 90),
Clayton done quite quickly (status 90)
and Fenrir finished 2 days ago (status 92).

Waiting for shipping now. How much time? :psyduck:
► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Update on Status 9: It is a finishing touch on toys. On what...idk. I don't know enough about silicone to guess.

I have two customs, both with suction cups, but only one went through Status 9. It was a custom reverse marble split (i.e. marbled base, solid shaft) with gold dazzle. The other is just a one-color solid toy with a highlight.

The split was in status 9 for 4 hours before switching to status 11.

The highlighted toy was at status 4 for more than 48 hours before finally changing to 11. The last time I checked in on it was at 3PM, and now it's at status 11 @ 3:54PM.

So that's a big time difference to rule out me accidentally missing the update, but there is also the small possibility that the website forgot to update the toy and hence why it was at 4 for so long compared to the split (which lasted...15 or more hours I think but definitely less than a day).

Just thought I'd provided that information because the last time I checked up on this thread, there was a lot of mystery surrounding status codes 6 and 9. Hope this helps.
EDIT: added some things for clarification because I'm tired and a dunce :crying:
EDIT2: wow I just noticed the status codes post already updated on status 9 a long time ago... I'm a double-dunce then.
Last edited by CakeLurker on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wistala

Postby Wistala » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Pasdebol wrote:Last order during Black Friday is still processing. :doh:

Bad news for you. Status 92 doesn't mean finished, it's a holiday queue. I say that because I've noticed a lot of people with their toys sitting at 92 for pretty much forever. Mine's been there for a full week now. If it was done, you'd think it would have shipped a bit quicker than that. Same goes for other people who've had theirs sitting at 92.
Click this link to read my serial novel: Niara's Song
Leonidas Aquilas, an ex soldier, and Niara, a dragoness from the old world, find themselves as lovers and allies in a war against a terrifyingly powerful foe seeking to conquer their entire world.
Bad Dragon toys:
Janine - Reef Green - NSFW Review - Dragon Muzzle - Dark Natural
Elden - Blossom Pink - Medium 5 - Flared Chance - Yellow and Pink Marble - Medium 8 - Kelvin - Grey - Small 3
ImageImage
Reeeeeeeeeen

Postby Reeeeeeeeeen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Wistala wrote:

Bad news for you. Status 92 doesn't mean finished, it's a holiday queue. I say that because I've noticed a lot of people with their toys sitting at 92 for pretty much forever. Mine's been there for a full week now. If it was done, you'd think it would have shipped a bit quicker than that. Same goes for other people who've had theirs sitting at 92.

It's probably done to be honest as it went through all the production steps beforehand, so it wouldn't make sense for it to be in queue for production again.
Wistala

Postby Wistala » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Reeeeeeeeeen wrote:
Wistala wrote:

It's probably done to be honest as it went through all the production steps beforehand, so it wouldn't make sense for it to be in queue for production again.

Weird. Then I guess I don't know what 92 means. Odd though that it would mean it's done, since so many people have had theirs sitting at 92 for more than a week without shipping or changing status.
Click this link to read my serial novel: Niara's Song
Leonidas Aquilas, an ex soldier, and Niara, a dragoness from the old world, find themselves as lovers and allies in a war against a terrifyingly powerful foe seeking to conquer their entire world.
Bad Dragon toys:
Janine - Reef Green - NSFW Review - Dragon Muzzle - Dark Natural
Elden - Blossom Pink - Medium 5 - Flared Chance - Yellow and Pink Marble - Medium 8 - Kelvin - Grey - Small 3
ImageImage
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Reeeeeeeeeen wrote:It's probably done to be honest as it went through all the production steps beforehand, so it wouldn't make sense for it to be in queue for production again.

Same goes for the toys ending up on 87, which I can confirm means failed pour, and toys which land on that status are going to go through the whole process again - with the result of the first pour either going to adoptions as a flop, or to the landfill.

But that's an 8x code, not a 9x code. So far all the codes that I think I identified showed up a semi-loose logical grouping in sets of 10. If that goes for all the codes, 92 still is a 9x status code, and 90 has been identified as successfully produced and warehoused. If that code really would mean failed, it should rather be an 8x code - unless of course the system isnt't entirely logical, which might just as well be! But I have yet to be convinced of that.

My guess is that BD simply prefers to ship out ready-made orders before custom orders, no matter if they already failed the freaky fast deadline or not (or failed the imaginary deadline, as freaky fast wasn't even guaranteed for BF). Kinda like going, "if they already waited so long to have the toy made, they can wait a bit longer to have it shipped." And I assume they still have a backlog from that sale.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 am

My Chance finally shipped. More waiting ahead, but this time at least I know it's on its way.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:33 am

Boss Hogg should be here on Monday. I must prepare my, ah, inbox.

Return to “General Discussion”