Adoption Adventures Abound!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Audax

Adoption Adventures Abound!

Postby Audax » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Eying a particular Adoption? On the hunt for a certain model that you just can’t pass up? Accidentally bought pretty much everything in the entire world because it was too cool to miss? This is the place to be if you’re an Adoption hound! Share your delight in getting what you liked, pass around pictures of neat things this time around, and find someone to comfort you in the event you couldn’t get the goodie you wanted.

We post Adoption toys every so often on this page. There’s no set day that Adoptions could appear - it really just depends on when the latest batch of foundling toys make a ruckus about wanting a forever home!

You can filter the Adoptions page so it displays so it shows all toys, just Flops, or just Ready-Mades!

WHAT THIS THREAD IS:
  • A place for sharing your excitement
  • A place for talking to other members about Adoptions

WHAT THIS THREAD IS NOT:
  • A place to ask the Staff questions about a specific toy
  • A place to provide feedback about Adoption prices prices or frequency of Adoptions being listed

We have a ticket system for any and all Customer Service inquiries, which includes questions about toys and handling feedback. If you have a question, concern, comment, or feedback about our Adoptions, please send us a ticket so that we can make sure those who are best able to assist can do so!
Mudkipz9

Re: Adoption Adventures Abound! Express Your Enthusiasm!

Postby Mudkipz9 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:26 pm

OUR GLORIOUS FLOP PAGE! RIP old friend, 23.5K post of fun. ;=======;

Now a quick question on this new flop experience. Now that they drop anytime during the week, dose that mean literally anytime? Or maybe any time after a set time like 2 or something?
My Checklist!
My Tumblr of a lot of dicks!
Self Proclaimed King of Dick Hoarding Image
slpat

Postby slpat » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Any rough estimate on how often new toys will be added yet? would it be worth checking every day?
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:30 pm

I called the end of flop friday last month, damn. Now I'm curious to see the ratio of flops compared to ready-mades and see how the surprise drops go.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Audax

Postby Audax » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Mudkipz9 wrote:Now that they drop anytime during the week, dose that mean literally anytime? Or maybe any time after a set time like 2 or something?

That's a good question - I don't have an answer, but I will see if I can get a little more clarification for you. : )
slpat wrote:Any rough estimate on how often new toys will be added yet? would it be worth checking every day?

As above, I am not sure! I can't promise that I'll be able to answer, but I'll see what I can do.
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
sapphire

Postby sapphire » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:37 pm

I am also wondering if we will start getting a variety of different flops soon. Because what I have noticed is when the sale for the extinct toys was happening (dolphin, desi and waterhorse), only a few of those specific toys popped up. Aside from some Bruce toys. Now with the full release of Fenrir only those toys have been dropping. I really hope we get to see some other stuff dropping too.
Mudkipz9

Postby Mudkipz9 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:37 pm

*puts on wizard cap*

Well there are now 25 new Fenrir, all ready mades. There were maybe another 10 or 15 on that last group and since the launch last week there was a mini drop of about 10 or so .

And dont forget about the mini drops for Shark Week as well! Maybe another 30 dropped from there as well maybe?

So there might be at least 30+ new toys (flops or ready made) a week if my wizard powers are correct! (And this is a guess so dont kill me if its wrong, please >.> )
My Checklist!
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Overall I think this is a good thing. I joined this forum or community if you like, after discovering Bad Dragon just as Flop Fridays seemed to be a fairly new thing. At the time I thought it was cool, until I learned that people would literally sit there for hours on end refreshing the adoption page over and over, which essentially forced other people to do the same if they wanted to stand any chance of finding any good deals, or finding anything they were specifically looking for.

I've managed to obtain a few flops in the past, but there were a few incidents where a group of people would be refreshing the flop page together, sort of like a team. They would then would synchronise a time to drop the flop so whoever in their group wanted it could get it. I believe they mentioned being in a Skype call. Either way I thought that it was taking flops way too seriously, and I'm glad that this now means it's just purely first come first served basis.
Looking to sell:
Medium Lunar Guardian Werewolf in 5 firmness w/SC
Small, Med & XL Crackers All SC'd & Regal Alpha, Med + XL CT'd,
Looking to buy:
Equine Rump, JT the Fox, Anthrotabby Shark, Hazel The Werewolfess, Small Werewolf Wearable, Small Fenir the Wolfdragon, Sml/Med 8/5 Tailstretcher, Cockatrice Lil'squirt, Sml Werewolf 8
PinstripePython

Postby PinstripePython » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:00 pm

The flops are so empty, I think this is both a good and a bad thing I think, will they be dropping in batches or individual toys or small batches every now and again? I shouldn't complain really as this has already allowed me to pick up what I am pretty sure is a rainbow large fenrir (its shot at a close up angle which makes it hard to tell but I am pretty sure) I have always found it really difficult to find mediums and especially larges during the old drop system, maybe it might make this easier, although I gotta say the drop was exciting and it will take that experience of the rush and buying things you perhaps shouldn't be out of it which I think might cost BD custom.
otterknow

Postby otterknow » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:17 pm

PinstripePython wrote:.... I shouldn't complain really as this has already allowed me to pick up what I am pretty sure is a rainbow large fenrir (its shot at a close up angle which makes it hard to tell but I am pretty sure)....

OK, so you just have to share the pic!
PinstripePython

Postby PinstripePython » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:25 pm

https://bad-dragon.com/images/inventory ... b7b931.JPG

Even if its not a rainbow I will be super duper happy, was so lucky to be able to pick up a large this soon, especially this early in its time.
PinstripePython

Postby PinstripePython » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Will post a full shot on here on monday which is when it is due if all goes well, its at london stansted so should be here mon/tue latest. Super excited. Really couldn't afford it but oh well, its beautiful!
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:22 pm

so Friday is not the flop day anymore, but it has been like this for a while? but it is still the "day dick things happen"? such as "we are having a sale" or "new color" or "new item", because for a while, it felt like Friday was the day things happen.
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Mudkipz9

Postby Mudkipz9 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:23 pm

FNKWB wrote:Overall I think this is a good thing. I joined this forum or community if you like, after discovering Bad Dragon just as Flop Fridays seemed to be a fairly new thing. At the time I thought it was cool, until I learned that people would literally sit there for hours on end refreshing the adoption page over and over, which essentially forced other people to do the same if they wanted to stand any chance of finding any good deals, or finding anything they were specifically looking for.

I've managed to obtain a few flops in the past, but there were a few incidents where a group of people would be refreshing the flop page together, sort of like a team. They would then would synchronise a time to drop the flop so whoever in their group wanted it could get it. I believe they mentioned being in a Skype call. Either way I thought that it was taking flops way too seriously, and I'm glad that this now means it's just purely first come first served basis.

I always loved camping out waiting for the flops to drop. It was almost like a big game to where we would all wait for the gates to open and rush off to see whoever can get the best catch of the day!

I have picked up a lot of my pretties that way and I have enjoined seeing what everyone else nabbed. But thats just me.
My Checklist!
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Mudkipz9 wrote:I always loved camping out waiting for the flops to drop. It was almost like a big game to where we would all wait for the gates to open and rush off to see whoever can get the best catch of the day!

I have picked up a lot of my pretties that way and I have enjoined seeing what everyone else nabbed. But thats just me.

I completely agree! :glomp:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Cancel

Postby Cancel » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm sad that we won't have Friday as our flop day anymore but this sale is kinda exciting. Maybe with 30% off a bunch of these toys in the adoptables will leave so the dragon's will put up more flops.

It'd be nice to see something other than sharks and fenrir in the recent adoptables >.>;
|| 28 || Birb || Cboy || Taken ||
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Mudkipz9 wrote:I always loved camping out waiting for the flops to drop. It was almost like a big game to where we would all wait for the gates to open and rush off to see whoever can get the best catch of the day!

I don't think it was fair to the people that were on their own and didn't have hours to spend mashing the F5 key....I still think that it's better the way it is now.
Looking to sell:
Medium Lunar Guardian Werewolf in 5 firmness w/SC
Small, Med & XL Crackers All SC'd & Regal Alpha, Med + XL CT'd,
Looking to buy:
Equine Rump, JT the Fox, Anthrotabby Shark, Hazel The Werewolfess, Small Werewolf Wearable, Small Fenir the Wolfdragon, Sml/Med 8/5 Tailstretcher, Cockatrice Lil'squirt, Sml Werewolf 8
Airless

Postby Airless » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Damn, 30% off is really nice!
But daaaamn! I wish I could afford to buy things that aren't food or bills!
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 pm

New thread, hoooooo!

I'd be down to see if there could be themed drops at some point :laugh: If the dicks are going to be random, maybe they could partially follow a theme in the ready-mades. Normal flops would of course remain flops.
ImageImage
Das Wolf

Postby Das Wolf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 pm

30% off is really fantastic. Saves a lot of bank and lets people have faster shipping too for not too much more cost!

Really hoping for some firmness flops to come in too. Smalls in soft/medium firmness are kinda a dime-a-dozen right now.

Return to “General Discussion”