Adoption Adventures Abound!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
HungryStray

Re: Adoption Adventures Abound!

Postby HungryStray » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:12 pm

DoorsofDurin wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
DoorsofDurin wrote:The only Fenrir that I've liked the look of has escaped @[email protected] BD went to ship him to me, but he's gone. He yearned to roam free. They are offering to refund me or do a single color pour of my choice to replace him. Trying to decide what to ask for.

Whatever color it is I would try asking for it to be in metallic if that tickles your fancy. It's still single color just with a bit of flair. You should be able to ask for that, I'm quite sure.

Yeah, I think that model really needs a metallic to shine :)

Hope they get it sorted for you. Let us all know what you decide for color!
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:14 pm

DraconianWolfess wrote:Ah I see. That would be appreciated, I am so on the fence about trying Nox mostly due to it widening to 2" in small. All the good female reviews are making me wonder about it though.

I know I'm not the person you are replying to, but I personally do not really enjoy Nox. I have two and I feel 'meh' about both. I purchased them because a) they were beautifully colored and b) I was consistently seeing him be highly recommended by females.

However, he is one of my few BD purchases I don't really love. I don't totally hate him, but I don't really enjoy him, either... I'm actually considering selling one, or both, as he excites me so little.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
DoorsofDurin

Postby DoorsofDurin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:21 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
DoorsofDurin wrote:The only Fenrir that I've liked the look of has escaped @[email protected] BD went to ship him to me, but he's gone. He yearned to roam free. They are offering to refund me or do a single color pour of my choice to replace him. Trying to decide what to ask for.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. :( Personally, I would ask for a refund. Depending on how complex the original Fenrir color was, receiving a single color pour as replacement doesn't really seem that fair, imo. Especially because there's bound to be more Fenrirs in adoptions in gorgeous colors for similar (or the same) price that you would have paid for the replacement single pour.

May I ask what the escaped Fenrir looked like?

The pour was a marbled red and gold metallic. I'd lurk for another adoption if it was a different model, but very few Fenrir pours appeal to me. I am leaning towards a random metallic surprise me and seeing what happens.
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
cluster

Postby cluster » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:45 pm

DoorsofDurin wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. :( Personally, I would ask for a refund. Depending on how complex the original Fenrir color was, receiving a single color pour as replacement doesn't really seem that fair, imo. Especially because there's bound to be more Fenrirs in adoptions in gorgeous colors for similar (or the same) price that you would have paid for the replacement single pour.

The pour was a marbled red and gold metallic. I'd lurk for another adoption if it was a different model, but very few Fenrir pours appeal to me. I am leaning towards a random metallic surprise me and seeing what happens.

I know it'll suck because you didn't have to pay an upcharge when you got the first one, but you could check and see if they'd do a marble for you for, say, $10 more or so since you're already getting one color. They gave me Steampunk Stud for a $10 upcharge on a replacement once when the original Flint I purchased was discovered to be a different firmness than what was listed in adopts.
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
DoorsofDurin

Postby DoorsofDurin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:54 pm

cluster wrote:
DoorsofDurin wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:

I know it'll suck because you didn't have to pay an upcharge when you got the first one, but you could check and see if they'd do a marble for you for, say, $10 more or so since you're already getting one color. They gave me Steampunk Stud for a $10 upcharge on a replacement once when the original Flint I purchased was discovered to be a different firmness than what was listed in adopts.

Thanks for the tip :)
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
DraconianWolfess

Postby DraconianWolfess » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:59 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
DraconianWolfess wrote:Ah I see. That would be appreciated, I am so on the fence about trying Nox mostly due to it widening to 2" in small. All the good female reviews are making me wonder about it though.

I know I'm not the person you are replying to, but I personally do not really enjoy Nox. I have two and I feel 'meh' about both. I purchased them because a) they were beautifully colored and b) I was consistently seeing him be highly recommended by females.

However, he is one of my few BD purchases I don't really love. I don't totally hate him, but I don't really enjoy him, either... I'm actually considering selling one, or both, as he excites me so little.

I appreciate the input from anyone willing to give it. Thank you! I am really not about it due to size and the bumps look like the only texture.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm

DraconianWolfess wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:

I appreciate the input from anyone willing to give it. Thank you! I am really not about it due to size and the bumps look like the only texture.

Yeah, and I couldn't feel his texture at all... Which made me sad, cuz I love texture! But he was super bland to me.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
DraconianWolfess

Postby DraconianWolfess » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:12 pm

blushingkitten wrote: Yeah, and I couldn't feel his texture at all... Which made me sad, cuz I love texture! But he was super bland to me.

Aww. Sorry to hear that one did not work out well for you. I hope you are able to sell it easily. I am glad to see your post, I think I will pass since I am not really a fan of toys that the texture cannot be felt on, or smooth toys, and combined with the 2" diameter part way down the shaft. I do not like huge intense ridges exactly. but I also am not really into toys that are too smooth, they do nothing for me unless they are bullet vibrators but those are external anyway.
ShadowHawk

Postby ShadowHawk » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Just took advantage of the Leap Day sale! Grabbed this large Fenrir, and it looks like he's in his exclusive Lightning Rod color! While I couldn't spend the extra few dollars to get him here by Friday, he'll be worth the wait! Had seen him pop up in a drop last week, and was kinda shocked he wasn't snagged earlier. Could be because he's only a 3, so he's probably going to be very squishy.

Now I'm just debating on whether or not to keep my small one. I like his color, but the medium seems to do a bit more for me.
Toys owned: Too many to count!
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Leap Day sale!
I snagged a David
I've bern curious about the model

Aaaaaaand a pretty pretzal that's been in and out of my cart
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:49 pm

This Echo reminds me of Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron. :stick:

Yessssssssss
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
HoppyBird

Postby HoppyBird » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:23 pm

I adopted this very pretty Janine:

HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:30 pm

HoppyBird wrote:I adopted this very pretty Janine:

Ooooooh! Good grab! Will you please take pictures for us when you receive her?
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
fuzzdemon

Postby fuzzdemon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:07 pm

I have this butterscotch-gold Flint in my basket, gonna juggle him until my hubby sends me money~~

► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:15 pm

fuzzdemon wrote:I have this butterscotch-gold Flint in my basket, gonna juggle him until my hubby sends me money~~

► Show Spoiler

He looks nice! What size is it?
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
fuzzdemon

Postby fuzzdemon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
fuzzdemon wrote:I have this butterscotch-gold Flint in my basket, gonna juggle him until my hubby sends me money~~

► Show Spoiler

He looks nice! What size is it?

He is a Medium/medium, no extras. :psyduck: He will be my biggest toy yet!
Fire_Wolf

Postby Fire_Wolf » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Can't wait to have this pretty boy in my hands.
Name: Fenrisulfr, 26/M/PM's welcome.
► Show Spoiler
flowercrownfox

Postby flowercrownfox » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:08 am

For some reason my toy is in Kentucky...
I live in Alaska :psyduck:
where are you going, toy?!
Female|24|Pansexual |In a relationship (F)|Artist|Collector|
Feel free to PM me any time! I am often lurking, and love to chat.
Icon by me! I'll sometimes do requests. ;u; PM me if you're interested.
Toy Collection/Review blog: http://foxdenofdicks.tumblr.com
Alexiasis

Postby Alexiasis » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:36 am

http://m.imgur.com/VlqjBcs

Just snagged this boy
Sans

Postby Sans » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:42 am

So, I adopted a M/M Clayton about a week ago, in opal colors. I got him last Friday, and I've really fallen in love with this toy, even though I've only had one session with him so far.
I adore everything about him, and I have to get some photos of him to show him off a little soon!
But eh.. I had told myself after that "Alright! No more ding dongs until after summer!!" But then the 29th promotion came up, and I fall over this beauty in the adoptions side.

He is a L/M Clayton, and even with a suction cup!
So I eh.. I kinda bid my lip half way off and threw him in my cart, looking after him.. and I sorta ended up getting him in the end, somehow. :eyeroll:
I simply love Clayton too much to walk past him, and with the price I could't turn my nose away.. And hes size and everything just fitted right in, for what I love.
My purse is going to be hidden away now, I can't effort anymore fun for now, at all! :unamused:

[edit]

Also, awaiting this handsome fella to arrive this Friday.. I really hope he glows in the dark, he look like he might just do!
I've been wanting a M Crackers for a long time! :widesmile:

Return to “General Discussion”