Adoption Adventures Abound!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Raal

Re: Adoption Adventures Abound!

Postby Raal » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:32 pm

I don't find myself a fan of like..99% of rainbow ribbons (theres always that ONE that makes me go "oh thats a neat look" of course) but from a emotional standpoint I understand the argument about hoards. From a more business standpoint, the only way i can see them doing Custom RR's to compensate for this problem is a SURPRISE 24 hour availability for custom order at 25$ or more extra. Otherwise they'll just leave them as catch-as-you-can
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:32 pm

blckbird wrote:Just try harder next time it's a game to most people :stick:

Not everyone has the ability to sit at the PC for hours every day, refreshing adoptions every other second. That is what some people do. It isn't exactly fair, especially to those who have work/school during the standard drop periods. Just try harder to...what? Sit for hours and refresh, refresh, refresh? Um...no; no one should be reduced to that in order to have a chance at something unique in their collection.

But, eh; it is what it is and nothing'll change about it. They should at least hold back a RR or two and do a drop around early evening for Oceanic people, so, you know, we get a chance at them. =P
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Raal wrote:I don't find myself a fan of like..99% of rainbow ribbons (theres always that ONE that makes me go "oh thats a neat look" of course) but from a emotional standpoint I understand the argument about hoards. From a more business standpoint, the only way i can see them doing Custom RR's to compensate for this problem is a SURPRISE 24 hour availability for custom order at 25$ or more extra. Otherwise they'll just leave them as catch-as-you-can

See now, THIS would be an idea that they might be able to get behind. I feel like everybody could be down for that really, but there'd have to be some relatively heavy stipulations and disclaimers. You wouldn't be able to get them on penetrables, almost guaranteed, because of the way they have to make them, and even certain dong models might not be compatible with Rainbow Ribbon either. They'd probably exclude most things with knots (or certain kinds of knots), and probably wouldn't be able to have cumtubes either.

Also if this happened there'd be a large number of flops I'm sure, and even a flopped RR is quite lovely. This is one of those instances where it feels like BD has little to lose, other than it might slow down wait times (and being honest, there's already a small condensed amount of unhappiness with wait times as they are).
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
blckbird

Postby blckbird » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Not everyone has the ability to sit at the PC for hours every day, refreshing adoptions every other second. That is what some people do. It isn't exactly fair, especially to those who have work/school during the standard drop periods. Just try harder to...what? Sit for hours and refresh, refresh, refresh? Um...no; no one should be reduced to that in order to have a chance at something unique in their collection.

But, eh; it is what it is and nothing'll change about it. They should at least hold back a RR or two and do a drop around early evening for Oceanic people, so, you know, we get a chance at them. =P

If you are sitting at your computer for hours every day refreshing adoptions ever other second then you really do deserve that rainbow ribbon toy if you think about it lol.

I guess I'm more in disbelief at how riled up people are getting about dildos. But you're right try harder wasn't the right thing to say
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:52 pm

To be honest I know a lot of people would be really miffed if BD decided to put a "cap" on how much we can buy from them per....whatever amount of time. Myself included. They'd definitely get so many people pissed off and most certainly lose business. This wouldn't just be applicable to "rainbow ribbon toys" (RR's are listed as rouge anyway) and coding for a limit per IP or user seems like a ridiculous hassle.
Hypothetically, if this were to happen, I see people getting pissed then at BD for "limiting what they buy because it's their money and they should be allowed to damn well spend their income." or "Why is BD limiting how I spend my money? I can budget myself". This is NOT a good approach to this problem. This is just going to raise hell.
Do I want a Rainbow Ribbon toy? Oh definitely! Do I get upset when I miss a drop? I do. Am I going to get pissed off at other users for "hoarding" and buying RR toys that they beat others to the punch over/can afford to buy? No I am not. It's not my business if they just hoard the toys and never use them. Sure I would love to have at least ONE toy in RR but I'm not going to complain that other people got it before me. I feel the same disappointment as others on here when the times aren't accessible to some users, or when a drop happens with these very special toys and they're instantly gone. But I just...can't get mad at people for getting the toys.
But damn I really want one BD toy with this pour. I only feel disappointment with myself for missing one of these toys being mine. :sniffing:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:13 pm

I can't be mad at people for getting a lot of them, either. I get frustrated when I miss them because it seems like I always do, but I'm always happy for the people that get them! I do wish they would vary the drops a little more so that more of us on different time zones/schedules have a better shot at actually being around at drop time though. And limiting adoptions because they want to keep a color ~rare~ and ~special~ is ridiculous. I get why they limit order numbers in general (work loads and processing and all that boring business logistic stuff), but capping certain colors of adoptions would be downright stupid. Limited time/option sales for RR would really be a good midpoint, I think. It still helps the color be ~rare~ since they use that as an excuse for no customs (is there, like, one shop dragon that can do it or something?), but it gives everyone a more fair chance to get one. If you know there will be a sale every so often, you can save money for when it pops up. If there really is only one or two people who can do them, I bet even that would be difficult to pull off just because it would put more work on just a small number of people, and wait times would be outrageous for a while after the RR popup sale. And people would complain that it would only be available on a limited number of models/configurations. They could put a limit on it (first 100 customers can order!) and then do that once every few months. I dunno, though. It just all seems really messy. Someone mentioned above a translucent color with other colors suspended in it. That would be a happy medium as well, I think! The base of the Terra I snagged is like that more than it is ribbony, now that it's been mentioned, and I love it! I think if they could just open up the translucent color options a bit more for customs, maybe some of the frustration could be eased. :mystery:
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Just putting this out there but...

There have been a few 'rare' colors in the past that are now considered regular customs. Glow in the dark toys, and the full spectrum colors come to mind. Others are now toy exclusive colors, that you can actually just order on ANY toy now...like the sloppy seconds. :P
Even MODELS that are supposed to be completely retired still make comebacks...AND you can order them for an extra fee so.... :psyduck:

SO.
Point being...Ribbon Rainbow is very popular, so it likely WILL become easier to get in the future. Bad Dragon is really bad at keeping things rare when they are popular, because they know they'd be missing out on a lot of potential money. My guess is that they are going to remain rare while BD perfects how to do it, then probably be released more readily. Or at least be order-able.
If thats the case, then the people who are supposedly hoarding them will look quite silly.

Until then...go for pretty flops that are totally unique! And then show them off to me so I can lust after your cock! :laugh:
The Winter Fire

Postby The Winter Fire » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:09 pm

I mean I love rainbow ribbons but whenever I see them all I can think of is melted crayons. I have no idea why. If I ever got one though, I'd probably attempt to use it as a giant crayon and fail miserably.
#Don'tgiveWinteraRR
I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night!~

Male - FTM - Panromantic - Homosexual

Owns:
Crash - Small - 5 - Frankenpour
Crackers - Mini - 5 - Suction Cup - Sky Blue
Raal

Postby Raal » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:16 pm

The Winter Fire wrote:I mean I love rainbow ribbons but whenever I see them all I can think of is melted crayons. I have no idea why. If I ever got one though, I'd probably attempt to use it as a giant crayon and fail miserably.
#Don'tgiveWinteraRR

i'd try to stick it to my head and pester the only person of my family who knows i have them. My brother. Just walk up while he's reading his FiMfiction and poke him in the head with a rainbow-crayon-dildo-horn....

Anywho going back on topic, if a drop happens and you see a Saphire shafted with Meteor Impact base snow leopard, please post pics. lets me see at a glance that mine really IS being a pain in the ass and isn't just being put off since i know some people who filled orders later than me have had theirs shipped off already.

....yeah the waits getting to me bad now.
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:05 pm

I also like nice colors with my toys but usage/feeling is first priority and so I wouldn't camp the page for a drop... Shipping costs and taxes are hillarious expensive anyways and so I rather buy EU secondhand :3
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
DoorsofDurin

Postby DoorsofDurin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:42 am

blckbird wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:

If you are sitting at your computer for hours every day refreshing adoptions ever other second then you really do deserve that rainbow ribbon toy if you think about it lol.

I guess I'm more in disbelief at how riled up people are getting about dildos. But you're right try harder wasn't the right thing to say

On Reddit a user said that he has an RSS feed of this site set up and new posting to the adoptions page pings his phone using some app. I think that poster may also be where people are getting the idea that someone has very many rainbows.

I appreciate it when BD does drops in trickles. One set go up, 15 minutes later more go up, etc. I think that breaks up a lot of the shenanigans.
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:23 am

DoorsofDurin wrote:
blckbird wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:

On Reddit a user said that he has an RSS feed of this site set up and new posting to the adoptions page pings his phone using some app. I think that poster may also be where people are getting the idea that someone has very many rainbows.

I appreciate it when BD does drops in trickles. One set go up, 15 minutes later more go up, etc. I think that breaks up a lot of the shenanigans.

Ooooooooh, that's a little bit... uncalled for. Clever, but uncalled for.

I also enjoy the trickle drops. Usually by then the people that got there first previously are busy cuddling the idea of their new adopt, so it catches the ones prepared for the initial drop off guard. I've gotten some really nice pretties this way.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
cluster

Postby cluster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:36 am

Drops in trickles would be great if there wasn't the 30 minute time limit on a cart and, more importantly, if you could combine shipping for orders and not have to pay shipping all over again. Drops in trickles means that if I don't want to have to keep minding my cart for an hour or more, I might end up buying something and then finding the perfect toy and buying it separately, doubling my shipping costs.
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:15 am

my leap day haul!

plus a FB Tyrant
DSC01852.jpg

the David is uv reactive!
DSC01853.jpg
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:54 am

Wow a lot of talk about rainbow ribbon hoarding...
Anyways. I'm not a massive fan of rainbow ribbon, they are really pretty but not my thing, however, I do LOVE the transparent + solid color swirls and I wish that we would be allowed to order that like I'd really want a transparent turqouise with solid white like ocean waves <3 but no... :(

It can obviously be done as seen with rainbow ribbons so I think it's very sad that not even a simple two color marble will be done when requested, is it because the drops must remain unique and special? I don't know. But I really wish it was okay to ask for something like that.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
ShadowHawk

Postby ShadowHawk » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 am

Looks like my Stan won't be coming in until tomorrow. Apparently it got incorrectly sorted at the packaging facility. :doh: And here I had paid for next day air. Ah well, I guess it happens sometimes...
Toys owned: Too many to count!
Ebilwolf

Postby Ebilwolf » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:38 am

lizardbreath wrote:my leap day haul!

plus a FB Tyrant
DSC01852.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

Omg I had been debating that Tyrant for days! Lo. Good to see it got a good home. Congrats on the pretties.
Sold To: Anon Email User - NicodemusZ - Rexamasaurus - SierraFox - runswiththewolfs - marshmarshmarsh - Nickooru
Traded With: Luxillianite - Rexamasaurus - Vhol
Bought From: Feef - Treeminder - Stormi - furrygirl133 - Squishysquishy - Jasmine - vampireturk - Deadbirds - kuroyami - imajindragons - nevan - kailenx - blckbird
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:42 am

Ebilwolf wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:my leap day haul!

plus a FB Tyrant
DSC01852.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

Omg I had been debating that Tyrant for days! Lo. Good to see it got a good home. Congrats on the pretties.

I may have a pretzal problem 0_o
yet another small firm for the collection!

not sure about the tyrant yet. really impressed by it but that knot....... :bugeyed:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
DragonDestroyer

Postby DragonDestroyer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:59 am

HungryStray wrote:
DoorsofDurin wrote:
blckbird wrote:

On Reddit a user said that he has an RSS feed of this site set up and new posting to the adoptions page pings his phone using some app....

I also enjoy the trickle drops....

All the new promotions, colors, and toys they've released lately are nice, but I would personally really like to see some improvements made to the website infrastructure, specifically the adoptions page.

I think some of these improvements would be fairly easy and cheap to make, and would help solve a lot of the complaints people have with the system right now, especially in regards to making managing drops more fair.

It is simply too laborious right now to find what you are looking for with thousands of toys in inventory. This is only compounded when you attempt multiple toys in one order.

Relying on refreshing the huge list of adoptions every time you want to do anything is very wasteful from a time and bandwidth perspective.

I strongly believe we need more advanced filters to refine searches to a very specific set of parameters.

We also need a timer next to toys in our cart so we know when they are about to drop out.

We also need a way to, once a day, re-add a toy to your cart that is about to expire. This would allow you to add your first toy to your cart, look for another one, and be able to safely enter check out without having to go back to the adoptions page and race someone else for your just dropped toy.

Compound those improvements with BD tweeting when new toy drops occur and I think the whole system would be much more fair.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:18 pm

DragonDestroyer wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
DoorsofDurin wrote:
On Reddit a user said that he has an RSS feed of this site set up and new posting to the adoptions page pings his phone using some app....

I also enjoy the trickle drops....

:words:

Call me a stick in the mud, but I hate change, of any kind really. I feel comfortable with the system that is already in place, and enjoy it actually, not for any advantage I have but just because it's a bi weekly scramble for dicks. I like watching it, I like being part of it, and at the end of the day, the victor stands atop the corpses of the others, dong in hand, tired but full of joy and wonder at the capture of his prize.

I feel like going through the adoption motions separates the men from the boys (so to speak). Pretties go unnoticed this way, especially the more subtle pretties. That Chance I got sat in the adoptions for almost a week after the drop, because no one bothered to look at his picture up close. It's simple enough to have them sorted by model, or by ID number, and if you're really looking for something specific, you shouldn't be on the adoptions page at all. Instead when a drop happens, be camped on the product page of the model you are in the market for.

As far as an advanced search, I have no opinion. This kind of search would benefit those who are looking for a specific model, and all that encompasses, which is fine, I just have no need for it. I typically sort by newest ID, and then if I can't find anything that tickles me, I sort by model and look for specifics there because to be truthful, I never know what I'm looking for until I'm looking at it. I scroll passed the things I don't need and focus on what remains.

I feel like a timer and the re-add option aren't necessary. And if the re-add option were introduced, it shouldn't give you another half hour, but perhaps another 15 minutes. People already complain enough that others are hoarding things in their carts, and if you know what you are looking for, and find it, don't faff about, get it paid for. It isn't terribly hard to check when you put the item in your cart, you just have to remember to do it. I understand that having multiple things in your cart would hinder this process, but that's the element of good timing on the individuals part and probably a little bit of luck that someone didn't notice another wanted item before you.

If I were to change anything to make it easier on anyone, it would be drop times. By my own luck I happen to be waking up right before the drops happen these days, and as I sleep next to my laptop, I've got an express lane to start my rounds. It would be a really keen thing, for those of us not based in the US to have a drop a little bit more catered to them, perhaps on a different day so that they have a bit better chance of getting their hands on something new. Anyone outside of the US tends to get the short end of the stick, both in drop times and shipping costs. If anything, those are the people that should be cut a little slack.

TLDR; I like stuff as it is. A drop once a week for buyers abroad would be nice.

Return to “General Discussion”