Adoption Adventures Abound!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Rainbow Dasher

Re: Adoption Adventures Abound!

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 pm

If it's a mad scramble, and no one knows when they drops are going to drop, then yes, it is kind of a fun game. But when people have scripts running, essentially "cheating" to always see the new drops before anyone else... that's just sorely unfair. Nothing any of us are going to do about it, though. *shrugs*
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:If it's a mad scramble, and no one knows when they drops are going to drop, then yes, it is kind of a fun game. But when people have scripts running, essentially "cheating" to always see the new drops before anyone else... that's just sorely unfair. Nothing any of us are going to do about it, though. *shrugs*

I have a friend who said he used the one on reddit. Said it used to work then installed it again later on his same phone and it didn't work anymore. So if that phone script thing's defunct at least that helps.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Still really hoping for some Alices in the next drop... Whenever that is!

My birthday is Friday, so a drop then of lots of pretties would be fantastic. :D
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
kt~

Postby kt~ » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:56 pm

This is one of the coolest tentacles I think I've ever seen: it's like those gummy shark colors
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Was just about to buy an adoption that I had my eye on for a couple days and has it in the cart. But I had to change my payment and when I back clicked to change it dropped out? I mean I doubt someone wanted that exact toy at that exact time as me. But if that's the case how long does it take to show up back on the adopts page.
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm

Yokai wrote:Was just about to buy an adoption that I had my eye on for a couple days and has it in the cart. But I had to change my payment and when I back clicked to change it dropped out? I mean I doubt someone wanted that exact toy at that exact time as me. But if that's the case how long does it take to show up back on the adopts page.

Yeah, going back at the payment method step always seems to cause a cart dump. It should show back up in 30 minutes.
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Knottery wrote:
Yokai wrote:Was just about to buy an adoption that I had my eye on for a couple days and has it in the cart. But I had to change my payment and when I back clicked to change it dropped out? I mean I doubt someone wanted that exact toy at that exact time as me. But if that's the case how long does it take to show up back on the adopts page.

Yeah, going back at the payment method step always seems to cause a cart dump. It should show back up in 30 minutes.

Thank you for telling me! I got it now! :misc1: :excited:

BIG
PURPLE

friendly guy
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
Chubby_Bunny

Postby Chubby_Bunny » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:39 pm

Yokai wrote:
Knottery wrote:

Thank you for telling me! I got it now! :misc1: :excited:

BIG
PURPLE

friendly guy

Glad to see you got him!! :laugh:
I hope you like him! Echo is such a good model~
Gender: Witch|Single|Owns 38 dongs|12 Eggs|Waiting on 2 more|Bottle caps collected: 6/9
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:54 pm

kt~ wrote:This is one of the coolest tentacles I think I've ever seen: it's like those gummy shark colors

I want this to be a medium sized so badly. I can't justify owning 2 large tentacles :doh:. I thought of custom ordering something similair before seeing this one. Maybe with green or red sparkle glimmer too if they would do this for customs.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
DragonDestroyer

Postby DragonDestroyer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:16 pm

HungryStray wrote:
DragonDestroyer wrote: :words:

:words:
TLDR; I like stuff as it is. A drop once a week for buyers abroad would be nice.

You are completely entitled to your opinion, but likewise I can completely disagree with you. The mad scramble you describe isn't going to change with the addition of better, more useful search functions. You would still be able to view the whole page with the previous sort options, like nothing else changed.

The majority of "going through the motions" is waiting for the immense page to load. Even with fast internet, loading thousands of thumbnails can take a ridiculously long time. It is annoying if I am only looking for a select few toy models and have to load everything. This does not even bring up the fact that it handles much worse on a mobile device.

Different people have different uses for the adoptions page. Plenty of people are looking for specific toy models and sizes at a discount price, and finding a match in a cool color is just an added benefit. I am willing to wager that the majority of BD's customers do not ever order custom toys and buy exclusively from the adoptions page.

Camping a model's product page is useless if you want to look at flops. Many people like to look at flops. The model specific page is annoying because it doesn't have any discernible sort applied to it.

Having a "cart drop-out timer" would absolutely be helpful to a large number of users. In my opinion toy hoarding is not at all a problem. It can be annoying when you hear about it, but at the end of the day the person either buys the toy (in which case there was no problem with them holding it) or they let it go (meaning it is back up on the adoptions page for someone else to find).

The idea that people should just buy anything instantly as soon as it catches their eye is asinine. Most people don't have the budget to purchase everything that looks nice. Others, myself included, like to compare and contrast multiple toy options before deciding what to order.

The uncertainty of when a toy is going to drop out of your cart is simply unnecessary. There is no added benefit of keeping the drop-out time obscured from users. Even just a text field showing what time the toy will fall out would be immensely helpful.

The frequency and timing of the drops is unfortunate for non-us customers, and it would be incredibly simple to have BD post on their official twitter when a drop is done so everyone following would know it happened.

Perhaps in the sake of making things fair, submitted toy drops could happen at a problematically random time?

All of these changes are EXTREMELY simple to do, and wouldn't cost much in terms of development.

Are you really opposed to other people having functionality that they find very useful because you'd prefer things to not change?

TLDR: BD should implement features that a large number of people would find useful, that would save them money on web hosting expenses, and would make high traffic situations ( *cough* black friday *cough* ) much more manageable.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:39 pm

DragonDestroyer wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
DragonDestroyer wrote: :words:

:words:
TLDR; I like stuff as it is. A drop once a week for buyers abroad would be nice.

You are completely entitled to your opinion, but likewise I can completely disagree with you. The mad scramble you describe isn't going to change with the addition of better, more useful search functions. You would still be able to view the whole page with the previous sort options, like nothing else changed.

Are you really opposed to other people having functionality that they find very useful because you'd prefer things to not change?

^If I were being honest, yes. I get fussy when things around me change, and I'd rather just not have it if it's all the same. However, to other folks, it isn't all the same, and I understand this, and I'm not at all saying these things SHOULDN'T happen, just so I'm perfectly clear. I'd prefer it, for my comfort level, not to change, but if it's going to happen, it's going to happen, and I will be forced to roll with it, so life goes. It's a selfish notion on my end, I realize, but it's okay if I have it, because my thoughts on it aren't going to change what they eventually will or won't do with it. My opinion is perpetually harmless on this topic.

Consider me a reasonable minority.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:59 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:If it's a mad scramble, and no one knows when they drops are going to drop, then yes, it is kind of a fun game. But when people have scripts running, essentially "cheating" to always see the new drops before anyone else... that's just sorely unfair. Nothing any of us are going to do about it, though. *shrugs*

I have a friend who said he used the one on reddit. Said it used to work then installed it again later on his same phone and it didn't work anymore. So if that phone script thing's defunct at least that helps.

I suspected people were using tools like that all along :P And it wouldn't be hard to make one for anyone with a little programming skill. Being lucky a few times and finding the best toys after a new drop is believable. But always being there is harder to believe. It doesn't affect me too much because most of the competition seems to be for smalls and mediums while I am after larges and XLs. Not to mention I'm at work during most drops. Still I would be happy just to see a rainbow ribbon toy in the wild even if I wouldn't buy it lol

I don't feel this discussion is going anywhere positive though. Just creating divisions between people :3
Penetrables comparison: here
laviss

Postby laviss » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:19 am

hope another drop happens tomorrow or the day after~ really want to find a pretty small nox!! and maybe a mini flint as well.

what's everyone else looking for in adoptions?
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:28 am

laviss wrote:hope another drop happens tomorrow or the day after~ really want to find a pretty small nox!! and maybe a mini flint as well.

Hoping for a Large medium firmness Echo myself. And anything else I can get my grubby paws on if they intend to do a March Marble Madness drop. I could suddenly be in the market for anything and everything if it's in a handsome marble. :misc2: :blush:
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:29 am

kt~ wrote:This is one of the coolest tentacles I think I've ever seen: it's like those gummy shark colors

Eeeeee!!! That's just the kind of marbles I want to see, where there's a solid color that shows through a little from the translucent color <3 I've been wanting a pretzal in this color but it's okay I don't have money either x) But this! This is what is needed! A mix of solid and translucent. Beautiful.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:32 am

laviss wrote:hope another drop happens tomorrow or the day after~ really want to find a pretty small nox!! and maybe a mini flint as well.

I'm not looking for anything at the moment, I still have my custom order to wait for and the taxes I will have to pay for it are really going to tax me...But I love looking at drops and seeing what everyone buys and I'm also keeping an eye out for a possible flop of my custom. Which would be a large suction cupped Nox with a giger black to skintone fade and sloppy seconds <_< Post pictures if you see one.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
EvL
Gender: Mostly female but born with some extra bits inside.

Postby EvL » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:27 am

Maybe a medium flint.
A large chance flared that is firm
an extra large chance unflared
extra large echo with suction cup MAYBE but meh, not sure.
Extra large ultimate fantasy
Beautiful medium hannis
Large trent

All of them in firm, except PERHAPS medium for the metium flint or extra large ultimate fantasy.
All of them that can have a suction cup, with a suction cup.

In something really gorgeous.

But probably can't afford to buy a toy for a while anyway.
JuQQe

Postby JuQQe » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:14 am

Hmm, apparently there is a firm XL nox for adoption right now. Usually XL can't be orderd in firm, so I found it pretty intresting.
Image ImageMangle and Foxy ImageImage
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:49 am

JuQQe wrote:Hmm, apparently there is a firm XL nox for adoption right now. Usually XL can't be orderd in firm, so I found it pretty intresting.

I love the way that toy looks so much :D
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:48 am

There's another meng up.

Return to “General Discussion”