Adoption Adventures Abound!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Ebilwolf

Re: Adoption Adventures Abound!

Postby Ebilwolf » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Aether Sergal wrote:Image

Codyw99 wrote:Holy crap that thing is awesome!

This is its flopped sibling:

Sold To: Anon Email User - NicodemusZ - Rexamasaurus - SierraFox - runswiththewolfs - marshmarshmarsh - Nickooru
Traded With: Luxillianite - Rexamasaurus - Vhol
Bought From: Feef - Treeminder - Stormi - furrygirl133 - Squishysquishy - Jasmine - vampireturk - Deadbirds - kuroyami - imajindragons - nevan - kailenx - blckbird
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:I've gotten many custom marbles and never had one that looked blocky, or loose. Not overly tight sure but all my custom marbles have turned out great. There's lots of variation with what people get, I think the adoptions are just nicer since you see what type of marble you're getting.

Interesting. All the ones I see posted of 2 color marbles tend to be blocky/loose marbles. Unless they were promotional ones that were made beforehand. Now the 3+ color ones have had better luck from what I see posted.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Codyw99

Postby Codyw99 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Ebilwolf wrote:

How do you even get that to happen?! I wanna do it!
:cool:
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Codyw99 wrote:
Ebilwolf wrote:

How do you even get that to happen?! I wanna do it!

It looks like a highlight in brown. Sloppy Seconds to be exact. I'm not sure if one like this could be customized..you'd have to send in a ticket.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Aether Sergal

Postby Aether Sergal » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Ebilwolf wrote:

Oh yeah I was gonna pick him up to but I figured I shouldn't hog all the dessert dongs lol. :nomnom:
Hoard
Echo [S/5]
Tuquoise SOLD
Pretzal [S/5] Tri-color Alexandrite SOLD
Flint [S/8]
Steampunk stud (CT) SOLD
Kelvin [XL/3] "Rogue" (SC)
Snow leopard [OS/3] NocturnesSignature (SC) SOLD
Echo [Mi/5] "Rouge" SOLD
Ika [M/3]
Custom fade
Blaze [M/3] Vasus Signature
AKN [S] Wind Egg Clutch
Roland [L/3] Custom marble
Bumble [M/3] Custom marble

Sold to: Bloodwolf, theambernerd, Lookbehindyou, Gamma Velorum, Rispy_Girl.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:28 am

lovelyscales wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:I've gotten many custom marbles and never had one that looked blocky, or loose. Not overly tight sure but all my custom marbles have turned out great. There's lots of variation with what people get, I think the adoptions are just nicer since you see what type of marble you're getting.

Interesting. All the ones I see posted of 2 color marbles tend to be blocky/loose marbles. Unless they were promotional ones that were made beforehand. Now the 3+ color ones have had better luck from what I see posted.

Just because they're not super tight like DA's marbles doesn't mean they're loose. Maybe we're thinking of two different things, I've certainly have seen loose looking custom marbles, but a majority of them are pretty standard marbling.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:38 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:

Just because they're not super tight like DA's marbles doesn't mean they're loose. Maybe we're thinking of two different things, I've certainly have seen loose looking custom marbles, but a majority of them are pretty standard marbling.

I actually prefer BD's looser marbles, DA's tight ones make it look like all the colors are running together. I like my marbles to look almost stripey?
I can be a bit picky about marbling even from BD though.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:27 am

kt~ wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:Interesting. All the ones I see posted of 2 color marbles tend to be blocky/loose marbles. Unless they were promotional ones that were made beforehand. Now the 3+ color ones have had better luck from what I see posted.

I actually prefer BD's looser marbles, DA's tight ones make it look like all the colors are running together. I like my marbles to look almost stripey?

Same, I actually don't like tight marbles, I like them more blocky like this, which is why I'm always nervous when I order a marble :psyduck:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
MyFavoriteObsession

Postby MyFavoriteObsession » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:45 am

ZoharaWolf wrote:It's actually from the secondhands, but LOOKIT WHAT I GOT!!!! (Borrowing from the post til I get him and can take my own pics)
*happy dance*

chance8.jpg

chance3.jpg

Congratulations! Chance looks so nice in those colors. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more pics of it, when you get it.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:23 am

I'm also a fan of blocky marbles over tight ones. But I also only like marbles on certain models. Normally I like split color, fades, or split fades preferably. But you NEVER see those drop, or at least VERY rarely. They drop enough marbles to choke you though. :eyeroll:
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:29 am

MyFavoriteObsession wrote:
ZoharaWolf wrote:It's actually from the secondhands, but LOOKIT WHAT I GOT!!!! (Borrowing from the post til I get him and can take my own pics)
*happy dance*

Congratulations! Chance looks so nice in those colors. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more pics of it, when you get it.

I'll be glad to! I've even picked out a name for him! See, as anyone who has seen me around here knows, I am a HUGE fan of a band, Echo and the Bunnymen and that includes various side projects. One of them is a VERY psychedelic music project from their guitarist, recorded under the pseudonym Glide. Here is the album art, and while the colours aren't exact (no purple for instance), it works for me. XD
R-328563-1233358342.jpeg.jpg
MI0002616509.jpg
MI0002616509.jpg (42.52 KiB) Viewed 2092 times

And the name is the last track on the album....because I cannot resist plays on words. :widesmile:
Last edited by Gamma Velorum on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
reine

Postby reine » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:30 am

I don't really have a preference for blocky or tight marbles (though my ideal is somewhere in between), but I'm not a fan of marbles with super clean-cut edges to the colours. I mean, I also don't want the colours to be running together into a smudgy mess, but I don't like those sharp-modern-art-type marbles that have been dropping lately. :misc6:

Split fades are my favorite, but BD hardly ever drops any of those. :'(
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:34 am

Count me in the split fade/fade camp!

I like marbles too. I like them tight and loose phrasing!, but not patchy. Basically, I like them to look like a marble, swirly and wispy, and not a checkerboard or broad chunks of color on top of another.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:38 am

Vitani wrote:I'm also a fan of blocky marbles over tight ones. But I also only like marbles on certain models. Normally I like split color, fades, or split fades preferably. But you NEVER see those drop, or at least VERY rarely. They drop enough marbles to choke you though. :eyeroll:

Same. With most models I want to get, I want them based off something (I normally only get a model I want once I know what I want it based on), which rarely includes marbles (since most dicks/vags/butts aren't splotchy like in marbles XD
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:23 pm

*happy dance*

chance8.jpg

chance3.jpg

*does a happy dance* You got him!! Yay!!! :widesmile:
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:15 pm

Akanisen wrote:
kt~ wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:Just because they're not super tight like DA's marbles doesn't mean they're loose. Maybe we're thinking of two different things, I've certainly have seen loose looking custom marbles, but a majority of them are pretty standard marbling.

Same, I actually don't like tight marbles, I like them more blocky like this, which is why I'm always nervous when I order a marble :psyduck:

I also like big marbles instead of the swirly tight marbles. I often feel like everyone's crazy about those tight neon colored messes and I'm there like "NO" xD But there's something for everyone! I'm nervous about ordering marbles cause I wouldn't want a tight marble, specially not the type that looks like someone just has squeezed ketchup and mustard at the same time, youknow the swirly, non-blended, like colorful spaghetti or play'doh looking stuff. So nasty. Some tight marbles are really nice but the colors have to be balanced in jsut the right way. I suppose I'm a little picky :)
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Codyw99

Postby Codyw99 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Shadow hound wrote:
Akanisen wrote:
kt~ wrote:I actually prefer BD's looser marbles, DA's tight ones make it look like all the colors are running together. I like my marbles to look almost stripey?

I also like big marbles instead of the swirly tight marbles. I often feel like everyone's crazy about those tight neon colored messes and I'm there like "NO" xD But there's something for everyone! I'm nervous about ordering marbles cause I wouldn't want a tight marble, specially not the type that looks like someone just has squeezed ketchup and mustard at the same time, youknow the swirly, non-blended, like colorful spaghetti or play'doh looking stuff. So nasty. Some tight marbles are really nice but the colors have to be balanced in jsut the right way. I suppose I'm a little picky :)

That orange and black is AWESOME, is that sinister pumpkin?
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Codyw99 wrote:That orange and black is AWESOME, is that sinister pumpkin?

Yea, that's the promotion pic from back in 2013.
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Rispy_Girl wrote:
*happy dance*

chance8.jpg

chance3.jpg

*does a happy dance* You got him!! Yay!!! :widesmile:

I did!!! :D
Codyw99

Postby Codyw99 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:07 pm

Akanisen wrote:
Codyw99 wrote:That orange and black is AWESOME, is that sinister pumpkin?

Yea, that's the promotion pic from back in 2013.

Awesome. Just got a medium Tucker in that. Super excited!

Return to “General Discussion”