Adoption Adventures Abound!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Kathulu'sbride

Re: Adoption Adventures Abound!

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:23 pm

I really like this Nova! The base reminds me of chocolate pudding :nomnom:
Attachments
IMG_3920.PNG
The Size.....Princess
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Codyw99 wrote:
Akanisen wrote:
Codyw99 wrote:That orange and black is AWESOME, is that sinister pumpkin?

Yea, that's the promotion pic from back in 2013.

Awesome. Just got a medium Tucker in that. Super excited!

Just remember that since that's an older pic the marbling is slightly different (and I think the orange isn't as in your face bright)
Here's the 2016 picture:
► Show Spoiler
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Codyw99

Postby Codyw99 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:59 pm

Akanisen wrote:
Codyw99 wrote:
Akanisen wrote:Yea, that's the promotion pic from back in 2013.

Awesome. Just got a medium Tucker in that. Super excited!

Just remember that since that's an older pic the marbling is slightly different (and I think the orange isn't as in your face bright)
Here's the 2016 picture:
► Show Spoiler

Awwww man! That's what I wanted! The bright ass orange!
:cool:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Codyw99 wrote:Awwww man! That's what I wanted! The bright ass orange!

Irk! It may be brighter irl, or BDs old cameras from 2013 might have made it seem brighter, but I agree I liked that super bright orange much better!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Kathulu'sbride wrote:I really like this Nova! The base reminds me of chocolate pudding :nomnom:

I like it, too! It's not the kind of pour I usually go for, but I really like tans and earth tones on Nova for whatever reason. He's a chocolate pudding with chocolate whipped cream and a strawberry on top! :widesmile:
MyFavoriteObsession

Postby MyFavoriteObsession » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:31 pm

ZoharaWolf wrote:
MyFavoriteObsession wrote:
ZoharaWolf wrote:It's actually from the secondhands, but LOOKIT WHAT I GOT!!!! (Borrowing from the post til I get him and can take my own pics)
*happy dance*

Congratulations! Chance looks so nice in those colors. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more pics of it, when you get it.

I'll be glad to! I've even picked out a name for him! See, as anyone who has seen me around here knows, I am a HUGE fan of a band, Echo and the Bunnymen and that includes various side projects. One of them is a VERY psychedelic music project from their guitarist, recorded under the pseudonym Glide. Here is the album art, and while the colours aren't exact (no purple for instance), it works for me. XD
R-328563-1233358342.jpeg.jpg
MI0002616509.jpg

And the name is the last track on the album....because I cannot resist plays on words. :widesmile:

It does go really well with the album artwork, and that name is so perfect. :laugh: That's awesome that they pair so well.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:03 pm

It's cool to have different likes when it comes to marbles. I'm not dissing anyone's preference :smilenox:. With space/nebula themed toys I'm far less picky about the marble long as the colors aren't marred together and it's not primarily only one color. So I won't show examples of those because I haven't seen too many space themed marbles I didn't love from any company..maybe like 2 I didn't think were AS appealing. To give examples these are my favorite sorts of marbles that you don't generally see with custom 2 color marbles. Under spoilers to save space.

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Types of marbling I'm not such a big fan of for contrast.
► Show Spoiler
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
TinyCuteBug

Postby TinyCuteBug » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:17 am

TinyCuteBug wrote:Oh. Mah. God. it's got a suction cup. AND ITS MINE. ALL MINE. YES! I've been on the hunt for something like this and it is ALL MAAAAAHHHHNNNN <3 is much happy.. I got rear ended this morning and I think i might have whiplash judging by my neck pain but you know what? I'm happy. I am expressing my enthusiasm all up in this bich. I am so happy. yes. life... life is so good :] good things come to those who cock hawk.

Two years later and I still have this lovely thing <3
Attachments
oh mah god.JPG
Markiplier <3
Avari

Postby Avari » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:35 am

TinyCuteBug wrote:
TinyCuteBug wrote:Oh. Mah. God. it's got a suction cup. AND ITS MINE. ALL MINE. YES! I've been on the hunt for something like this and it is ALL MAAAAAHHHHNNNN <3 is much happy.. I got rear ended this morning and I think i might have whiplash judging by my neck pain but you know what? I'm happy. I am expressing my enthusiasm all up in this bich. I am so happy. yes. life... life is so good :] good things come to those who cock hawk.

:misc2: :crying:

SO. PRETTY. That one was an awesome catch!! (slightly biased because Sleipnir is my favorite of all time)
► Show Spoiler

acadiar.tumblr.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TabbyTabs

Postby TabbyTabs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:33 am

Can a drizzle effect be added to adoption toys?
Kathulu'sbride

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:20 am

TabbyTabs wrote:Can a drizzle effect be added to adoption toys?

I don't believe so. I think that they just take the photos of the toys and than bag them to be bought and shipped (freaky fast shipping and all). It's a really good question though, and something that I would love to hear what customer service says about it. I would say ticket them anyway
The Size.....Princess
Drazard

Postby Drazard » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:44 am

Kathulu'sbride wrote:

I don't believe so. I think that they just take the photos of the toys and than bag them to be bought and shipped (freaky fast shipping and all). It's a really good question though, and something that I would love to hear what customer service says about it. I would say ticket them anyway

Based on my (limitied) understanding of the manufacturing process, I don't think the drizzle effect can be applied to any fully-cured toy. If I'm not mistaken, uncured silicone doesn't bind well at all to cured silicone, so it'd likely be a flaky disaster. :misc6: :widesmile:

Worth ticketing about, as the shop dragon's might be able to shed extra light!
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:47 am

Kathulu'sbride wrote:

Nope, what you see is what you get.

I don't work with silicone though and I could be totally incorrect so take this with a grain of salt....
As far as I know, you don't want to add liquid silicone to that that is already cured. I don't think it bonds correctly and ends up peeling off. I believe the highlight effects are poured into the mold first.
Kathulu'sbride

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:58 am

I'm surprised no one has posted about this handsome boy! I think he would make be a good trophy toy!
Attachments
IMG_3923.PNG
The Size.....Princess
TinyCuteBug

Postby TinyCuteBug » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:34 pm

TinyCuteBug wrote:

I feel like for the right price I could sell him....
Markiplier <3
Swiftfur

Postby Swiftfur » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:52 pm

I want this but i'm gonna hold out for the black Friday sale. Neapolitan ice cream :liplick:
TabbyTabs

Postby TabbyTabs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Swiftfur wrote:I want this but i'm gonna hold out for the black Friday sale. Neapolitan ice cream :liplick:

That looks tasty :liplick:
TabbyTabs

Postby TabbyTabs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:03 pm

The colours on this flop are real nice, too bad small Crackers is known for printer texture.

Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:10 pm

Swiftfur wrote:I want this but i'm gonna hold out for the black Friday sale. Neapolitan ice cream :liplick:

And now I want strawberry center chocolate truffles :laugh:.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Laz

Postby Laz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:47 pm

TabbyTabs wrote:The colours on this flop are real nice, too bad small Crackers is known for printer texture.
]

You can even see it on this one.
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:

Return to “General Discussion”