Adoption Adventures Abound!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
fuzzdemon

Re: Adoption Adventures Abound!

Postby fuzzdemon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:21 am

Loooong time no see... but I saw this 80's thing in the premades; Brusier with a purole metalic(?) shaft, base neon teal and blue. My photo eashed up the colors and gave it a blacklight kind of effect? I was to damn eager ri get my handa on this to slow down and take proper screenshots. I'll upload better pics ad soon as I can.
Attachments
20190211_231636.jpg
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Adoptions is a pretty challenging place to find a toy now. When there's a new drop, it's like a swarm of piranhas descend, until just the bones are left, a couple of hours later. You'd think the buying market would be saturated at some point.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Adoptions is a pretty challenging place to find a toy now. When there's a new drop, it's like a swarm of piranhas descend, until just the bones are left, a couple of hours later. You'd think the buying market would be saturated at some point.

i have noticed that as well. damn BD and the whole getting popular thing.

the XL market is pretty bad, very few "pretty" toys drop now, or at least there arn't any when i get around to looking.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:42 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Grimly Fiendish wrote:Adoptions is a pretty challenging place to find a toy now. When there's a new drop, it's like a swarm of piranhas descend, until just the bones are left, a couple of hours later. You'd think the buying market would be saturated at some point.

the XL market is pretty bad, very few "pretty" toys drop now, or at least there arn't any when i get around to looking.

I'm rather glad that the last toy I want from now is a Moko, but I'm content to wait till their next legacy sale, and who knows when that's going to be.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
IggyZen

Postby IggyZen » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Small/Soft
Attachments
Astral Mystic.jpg
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
Noll

Postby Noll » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Niah wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:

I'm rather glad that the last toy I want from now is a Moko, but I'm content to wait till their next legacy sale, and who knows when that's going to be.

I feel like by supplying there's only so many toys during a drop they ensure that they will sell fast. People know that all the pretties they'd like to get eventually will be gone in a matter of minutes, if not seconds, and so, they buy without really overthinking what they're buying. You don't see this quite as much on indie stores sites unless they've teased the look of some of the toys of their future drops (and those toys are often the first ones gone). But yeah limited supply equals impulse buy. And it's better for a company to look like they are always raided down when they bring new stuff to their customer than having 1000+ toys sitting in the clearance. But that's just my opinion.
List of toys owned in profile.
fuzzdemon

Postby fuzzdemon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Brusier finally arrived!
Attachments
20190218_171528.jpg
15505386466184844779367076152826.jpg
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Noll wrote:I feel like by supplying there's only so many toys during a drop they ensure that they will sell fast. People know that all the pretties they'd like to get eventually will be gone in a matter of minutes, if not seconds, and so, they buy without really overthinking what they're buying. You don't see this quite as much on indie stores sites unless they've teased the look of some of the toys of their future drops (and those toys are often the first ones gone). But yeah limited supply equals impulse buy. And it's better for a company to look like they are always raided down when they bring new stuff to their customer than having 1000+ toys sitting in the clearance. But that's just my opinion.

This seems accurate to me. Good observations.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:40 am

I should really learn to not look when a drop happens. Found this Ridley in the adopts, loved the colours so...
4270e9702a7dd56897b0375bb3cc84a7.JPG

It was flopped for a small nick in the tip
Also chucked in some Teenies and a keychain, hopefully this should be it for a while. I know I still have a few on the list but I really need to hold back.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:02 am

i snagged the last trophy i was looking for
xl gitd nocturne
Attachments
IMG_0926.jpg
IMG_0925.jpg
IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0923.jpg
IMG_0923.jpg (57.8 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
IMG_0922.jpg
IMG_0922.jpg (46.52 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
IMG_0921.jpg
IMG_0921.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
IMG_0920.jpg
IMG_0920.jpg (47.83 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
IMG_0918.jpg
IMG_0918.jpg (55.41 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
IMG_0917.jpg
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Ghostchi

Postby Ghostchi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Really Pretty M/5 Nova
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:24 am

Shopping in Clearance is kind of stressful now, you have to be on top of the drops or there's nothing left, fairly quickly.

Today I happened to start looking pretty soon after a drop, and saw an interesting toy. 30 seconds later I refreshed the page, and it was gone. And that was it. Some of these toys require an instant purchase decision. It's not fun to shop that way. I guess you're supposed to put it in your cart, and then think about it? Hmm.

I think I will stop browsing flops for a while too, I've see some flops which are borderline unacceptable lately. The toy I noticed today was a Flint - "Oh, I didn't know they added the new logo imprint to Flint". It wasn't the logo imprint, it was a large area on the base that had been cut out. Ugh.
NDspd

Postby NDspd » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:34 pm

When is the best time and location to find these awesome finds?
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:08 pm

NDspd wrote:When is the best time and location to find these awesome finds?

check early in the morning everyday. BD is in Arizona and i'd say they upload drops on the website at around 8-9 their time.

they have never really had a drop scheduled, they just happen. Unless there is a new toy release, they generally drop a bunch of the new models.

that's about it unfortunately
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:40 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
NDspd wrote:When is the best time and location to find these awesome finds?

check early in the morning everyday. BD is in Arizona and i'd say they upload drops on the website at around 8-9 their time.

they have never really had a drop scheduled, they just happen. Unless there is a new toy release, they generally drop a bunch of the new models.

that's about it unfortunately

They do tend to usually do a drop every Monday and Friday that I've noticed; sometimes one during the week, but the day can vary. You also have to be right on top of it when they drop. It's usually between 3 and 4 EDT for me, and if I want to see a drop as it happens I just get there early and refresh the page. Toys get gone pretty quickly and within 30 or so minutes any particularly lovely toys are already gone.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
graypup

Postby graypup » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm

It's definitely true that drops are a bit of a bloodbath, but I've still managed to find some lovely stuff every now and then. Do I wish drops were more evenly distributed across models, and a greater percentage of flops and ready-mades were beautiful colors? Sure. But for a small company they do a solid job, and at the end of the day I don't mind waiting around for something really good to catch my eye. If nothing else, it keeps me from buying a new dildo every week. If I have any complaints, it's that there are a ton of gorgeous pours that would look so much better with split bases.

I picked up this gorgeous rogue Hunter and strawberry rainbow parfait Scorn (with SC) today (sorry for the phone pics; you know how it is):

Hunter:
► Show Spoiler

Scorn:
► Show Spoiler

I also noticed an opal Austin with CT, flopped Echo in natural with CT, flopped Pretzal in peridot with SC, and flopped Kelvin in signature with SC. Did anyone on here snag them?
Gruvian

Postby Gruvian » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Decided to experiment with the dildo side of BD, and a past clearance drop gave me a cheap, and cool looking flop[small Spitfire, soft shaft & firm base].

Said flop feature being a nick at the base's bottom. Woe is me. :smilenox:

20190404_232100 copy.jpg
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:22 pm

I really wanted this M3 rogue cole but I decided against it. Kinda regret :misc4:.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Snagged this Blaze in the sale, at first I thought he had an indent on his shaft but it looks like it's part of the model as I looked at some of the others
ee1a3fab7c959ce160a5a61b246615d7.JPG
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:21 pm

Got this Xl 5 with a SC. A firm XL also dropped but i just couldn't pass this one upImage
My collection
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”