o_o when did the forums come back?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
SkyWolfAlpha

o_o when did the forums come back?

Postby SkyWolfAlpha » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:36 am

I thought the forums closed months ago... what's going on? o_o What brought them back? Why the change of heart? Why no email about it?
26/FTM/gay
dharma

Re: o_o when did the forums come back?

Postby dharma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:04 am

The forums were never actually closed. Varka announced that they were going to close, but after getting feedback from the community, they retracted the decision.

See these topics:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26059
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26104
No longer active.
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:09 am

I showed up too late to have been part of all that, but it seems the lingering issues and problem people so to speak at the time are gone. I'm glad they kept them open though, joining the forums has been one of the best decisions I've ever made and I love it here :) in any case welcome back if you plan on sticking around ^^
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 am

I just got involved in the community here just over a month ago, but I had been watching BD off and on almost since they started...
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck happened around here, everything has changed quite a bit from what I remember. It feels like a bomb went off and were stumbling around in the aftermath.
(seems like a touchy subject... if someone wanted to fill me in via. PM, that'd be helpful ;) )

I'm definitly glad they didn't shut this place down though, it seems like a great community!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:34 am

*Rubs the back of head* I saw the community back when the forum was considered to 'have issues' and I must say, those were some pretty bumpy times. I'm glad you've returned to us! You really did return at a good time, because it feels like the forums have become a much friendlier place in recent months.

Though I hate to suggest the thought, but the admins don't really converse with us as much anymore unless it's a legitimate issue, so... I guess less admin banter = less controversy. The place has become more community driven, and that feels like a good thing. But, indeed. Expect far less admin activity (at least compared to before).
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Irla

Postby Irla » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:03 am

I guess I must have joined at a pretty good time. I have had nothing but positive experiences on here, and there seem to be very few problems on this forum. Even when people are complaining or disagreeing they have been civil about it, at least from what I've seen. Whatever the problems were before, I'm glad this is such a friendly community now.
F/21/pansexual/furry (kind of)/fetishist/butt-slut/actually not super sexual
Owned toys list, and wishlist
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm calling bullstiff on the less admin donk.

admins were always a welcome addition to the forum and those who didn't love seeing admins were usually the people involved in stuff like the things that put the forum against the iceberg to begin with.

we used to (and probably still do) have people who complained about other users and the way other users handled themselves, admins stepped in here and there. people got upset when they felt like the admins made the wrong calls for various reasons, then the people on the other side got upset when the admins stepped out and took a global "shut your traps or feel the hammer" approach. so there were a lot of people, comparative to the amount of active posters, who had attitude issues with the admins. then a whole bunch of people left left and right, the admins didn't have much to do, then newcomers came in and rebuilt with the help of those who stayed or came back.

the only reason the admins aren't around as much is because 1. there are people who get butthurt when they see coloured people talking about everyday ordeals, and 2. there is way less to manage since the main perpetrators left for other places.

me, I'm one of those who'd love to see the awesome admin Audax back in our discussions.
I do understand her though; having to babysit the forum must have it lose its charm pretty quickly.
One happy tear for a good friend.
HighSpeedSteel

Postby HighSpeedSteel » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm

I wouldn't mind having more of the admins and employees just buzzing around the forums chatting with people just cause they are admins doesn't mean that everytime they show up its has to be a big deal.
ImageArgent, The Silver Dragonwrought Kobolds Avatar and Icon done by ChibityImage
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Right, sorry, that's actually what I was trying to convey. It wasn't the admins fault for the controversy, but those that felt the need to mess around with a good thing. It's just... the activity of the admins is what sparked those certain individuals to wander in and stir up trouble. And now that they're not so active, it's calmed down.

A total catch 22 if you ask me.
ImageImage Image
Samson

Postby Samson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:21 pm

*twiddles thumbs*
I've heard a good chunk of it before, especially from people who like to make it sound pretty downright nasty, but it is good we are pretty much past it.
I was curious why I would see way more posts from mods and even Varka in older threads. While it sucks that they don't come around to chit chat as much as they used to, from what is being said in this thread.. I understand their reasons.

But anywho,
Hello and welcome back!
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:18 pm

I also understand their reasons for not being as involved as much, but I'm also one of the people that wishes they could. Admins, mods and other staff kind of need to have two faces at times and some people have issues separating the two and understanding I think. Personally I think it'd be nice to see them come back and chat up the forums just like the rest of us, and if they need to, make separate forum accounts for official business and rule enforcing and such. I've noticed they used to be a lot more active too and that was on my mind too...it makes sense if that's the reason but I wish they could pop in more anyway. It actually kinda bothers me that in the entire time since joining I've seen probably no more than a dozen posts, mostly from Audax, from BD folks. They really do seem like fun people :D

kingsley

Postby kingsley » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:37 pm

AlphaBlue wrote:It actually kinda bothers me that in the entire time since joining I've seen probably no more than a dozen posts, mostly from Audax, from BD folks. They really do seem like fun people :D

I've hardly seen them around either.(mostly audax over in the custom color thread) but totally agree they seem like great people and it would be nice to interact with them more on here.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Samson

Postby Samson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:45 pm

The only time I recall seeing anyone staff wise not counting accouchements is Audax's occasional posts. I remember Varka posting during the black Friday sale because there was server issues. Otherwise any time I have seen mods is when there is the rare issue where a mod needs to step into a thread to handle things.
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Yeah I remember that lol that was pretty funny actually XD

SkyWolfAlpha

Postby SkyWolfAlpha » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Thanks for filling me in, guys!
I was an occasional poster on the forums before... never saw any drama or anything back then. =x I did like that the BD staff were involved in the community. It seems all too often anymore that a company that started with a solid community eventually got to big for its britches and forgets about the community that made it successful to begin with. I thought maybe that had happened to BD, and honestly, I refused to order anything from them following that.
Glad to know it's back! Looks like everything was just restored from where it was? Or did they never actually close anything at all? I think I came on on the VERY last day, and there weren't any announcements about retracting the decision.
Either way... glad they kept it open! =D
26/FTM/gay
Samson

Postby Samson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:13 pm

I don't believe anything was closed at all. The link was removed from the main website page, at one point, but it is now back.
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
SkyWolfAlpha

Postby SkyWolfAlpha » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Ah, that's probably what I noticed. I came back for the year-end colors sale, and only just a few days ago noticed the link was back. =x Derp.

*hands out dragon-dick-shaped lollipops to everyone in belated celebration*
26/FTM/gay
Kin~

Postby Kin~ » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:03 pm

I was watching that entire mess, but I joined a fair while afterwards. It seems like the entire place is far more friendly and welcoming than before. I know that I definitely wouldn't've joined the forums as they were previously on a whim.
Own: CRACKERS (Medium, 5, Cumtube), NOVA (Medium, 5, Cumtube, Suction Cup), NOX (Large, 5, Suction Cup), WINSTON (Medium, 5), FENRIR (Medium, 5)
Cammii

Postby Cammii » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Suddenly feels old recalling the dark ages of a certain something in mid 2010 and then the soon after RP forum world war*

The drama now is pretty tame considering how...rough it was way back in the day. Once the rp forums were removed, a lot of the BS sharply dropped getting rid of a majority of the under age users and other drama llamas.
Mated to Gaifuu <3
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:27 pm

Cammii wrote:The drama now is pretty tame considering how...rough it was way back in the day. Once the rp forums were removed, a lot of the BS sharply dropped getting rid of a majority of the under age users and other drama llamas.

ImageImage Image

Return to “General Discussion”