Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Goliogon

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Goliogon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:02 pm

kt~ wrote:Well in my experience the FB in stock toys usually sell out quick, like within one day even. You have to catch them pretty much right when you see them drop.

Oh right, seems it's a bit of a race then! :bugeyed:
I guess I'm just so used to BD having tonnes of in-stock toys, which is kinda a speciality of theirs. There's a race to get the pretties, for sure, but I can't even imagine BD ever running out of adoptions!
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
sevvymercer

Postby sevvymercer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Goliogon wrote:
kt~ wrote:Well in my experience the FB in stock toys usually sell out quick, like within one day even. You have to catch them pretty much right when you see them drop.

I guess I'm just so used to BD having tonnes of in-stock toys, which is kinda a speciality of theirs. There's a race to get the pretties, for sure, but I can't even imagine BD ever running out of adoptions!

FB is almost a one person operation, so it wouldn't make sense to make a ton of in-stocks if they're still so backed up on customs
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:13 pm

sevvymercer wrote:FB is almost a one person operation, so it wouldn't make sense to make a ton of in-stocks if they're still so backed up on customs

I gotta admit, I don't quite have the patience to wait for a custom (especially since I've heard some people having to wait 5 months or so for some customs, that's nuts!) and I prefer to see a toy in-person before I buy, so I probably won't be ordering from them anytime soon. Not too fussed about specific colours either, and I like the fun of finding pretty adoptables.

Might look into getting a few secondhand though, since that's looking like my best option. The Hyaenadon, Cave Bear and Mosaurus all look pretty cool!

► Show Spoiler
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Goliogon wrote:(especially since I've heard some people having to wait 5 months or so for some customs, that's nuts!)

I don't blame you for your decision, tbh I'd probably do the same if I hadn't bought from them before. But, I do like to remind people that BD used to take 6 months to a year for their toys too.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Akanisen wrote:I don't blame you for your decision, tbh I'd probably do the same if I hadn't bought from them before. But, I do like to remind people that BD used to take 6 months to a year for their toys too.

...Hopefully that's an indicator that FB will get quicker at customs someday, too! :stick:
Honestly, I look forward to seeing where that company goes. They've only been around for 3 years now (whereas BD has been going for 8), so I'm sure they'll only get better with time!

► Show Spoiler
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:34 pm

Goliogon wrote:
Akanisen wrote:I don't blame you for your decision, tbh I'd probably do the same if I hadn't bought from them before. But, I do like to remind people that BD used to take 6 months to a year for their toys too.

...Hopefully that's an indicator that FB will get quicker at customs someday, too! :stick:
Honestly, I look forward to seeing where that company goes. They've only been around for 3 years now (whereas BD has been going for 8), so I'm sure they'll only get better with time!

I hope so too. I like their designs, and I hope they bring on more workers and can get better at their craft.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
nevan

Postby nevan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 pm

Goliogon wrote:

I suggest following their twitter (friskybtweets) and/or their Tumblr for when they do drops/new releases. Although even then you may miss things - some people check the site itself regularly.
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Elli wrote:Oh, I checked DA and these monkeys are just so cute :misc2: :excited:
image.jpg

Oh man I love her squish sheep but now I need one of those. :widesmile:
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
DraconianWolfess

Postby DraconianWolfess » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:44 pm

I am pretty neutral toward monkeys as a species, but those are really neat.
Half Note

Postby Half Note » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:01 am

My tax refund was bigger then expected so I may have bought myself a present. :smile:
Image my first glow in the dark toy too.

I also have a DA tentacle that will hopefully be in the mailbox today. Hopefully my toy lust will be sated for a while.
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:34 am

Half Note wrote:My tax refund was bigger then expected so I may have bought myself a present. :smile:
Image my first glow in the dark toy too.

I also have a DA tentacle that will hopefully be in the mailbox today. Hopefully my toy lust will be sated for a while.

I really love the merman but that over 6 inch swell at the base is just way to much for me. The Nereid is a bit more realistic for me, but the base of the shaft looks wider then 5.5? Does anyone have one and could confirm the specs for me?
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
Samson

Postby Samson » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Did anyone order a mini Altus Lion? Kinda curious to see how small it will be.
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
Samson

Postby Samson » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:28 pm

20% off all wereables thru Feb 15.
https://www.primalhardwere.com/category/wereables
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Samson wrote:20% off all wereables thru Feb 15.

Oh snap. Perhaps if I had a mate :unamused: Those look super fun!
Penetrables comparison: here
Kinky_Condesce

Postby Kinky_Condesce » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Samson wrote:20% off all wereables thru Feb 15.

Clyde is the only wearable on the market that could fit my BF.
This is so fucking tempting.
He just bought a Janine and I'm about to buy a couple customs...
Hmmmmmmmmmmm....
4Sale:Small/soft EE OrcaThread here!
shootertron

Postby shootertron » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:45 pm

The tracking number I got for my Frisky Beast package says it hasn't been picked up yet.

Is it the weather or?
AmethystSnake

Postby AmethystSnake » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:33 am

I can't decide should I go for medium or small Subwoofer...
Female / 21 / Bisexual (prefer men) / In relationship with Edward Bluefox / Has 12 fantasy toys! / Artist, writer, gamer / Spiritual person

Drazard

Postby Drazard » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:31 am

Oh, wow, FB got my Black Friday order out a day after my Cryo! They have been busy. Gonna get a whole onslaught of toys at once - hopefully no one in the house asks just what it is I'm buying! :bugeyed:

shootertron wrote:The tracking number I got for my Frisky Beast package says it hasn't been picked up yet.

Is it the weather or?

When did they send your tracking number? It takes about a day for any sign of movement to start showing up, in my experience.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:14 pm

shootertron wrote:The tracking number I got for my Frisky Beast package says it hasn't been picked up yet.

Is it the weather or?

Yeah, BD is the same way. Got an email telling me that Trent's shipping label has been created, but he's not picked up yet. (ordered him last night) so more than likely, he'll be picked up by the end of the day (:

If your toy still hasn't been picked up by the next day, I'd poke the staff about it....and hopefully you'll get a response. I've heard FB is really bad about responding to emails.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:16 pm

Vitani wrote:

Is it the weather or?

Yeah, BD is the same way. Got an email telling me that Trent's shipping label has been created, but he's not picked up yet. (ordered him last night) so more than likely, he'll be picked up by the end of the day (:

If your toy still hasn't been picked up by the next day, I'd poke the staff about it....and hopefully you'll get a response. I've heard FB is really bad about responding to emails.

Actually, FB doesn't ship every day. They ship on specific days (friday I know, I think the others are wed and mon, but not positive).

Return to “General Discussion”