Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Soundless

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Soundless » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:21 am

Vitani wrote:Are we all aware that there is a company that exclusively makes sex toys based on christian themes (Jackhammer Jesus...and a fuckable bible for those with a penis), but no one seems to have an issue with that.

I hadn't been aware but after taking a look at the site I think it's safe to say that the reason that they're not being overwhelmed with complaints is due to people not being aware of them. I haven't been to church for a very long time but I did go long enough to be extremely uncomfortable with the idea of using any of their christian themed toys.

cluster wrote:Indeed. Bad move basing it on an actual civilization. Toy looks interesting, but going a little more vague in the description as to its inspiration and not falling into the trope of painting said civilization as simple/brutal would likely have made this a much happier launch for them.

It's all about context. The story is being told by someone that is an outsider who's knowledge of the dead civilization is questionable at best who likely thinks that his own civilization is superior. I've never been keen on history but I do believe that to be a reasonable take on things, much more reasonable than having the story told from an outsider that has a full understanding of the dead civilization. Further more, looking at the fictional journal, it says "There are markings near the base that seem to indicate mechanisms or some form of complex manufacturing." thus suggesting that the civilization was more advanced than the explorer believed them to be.

To me it looks like your typical fiction ala Indiana Jones, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, etc..., it even has a journal entry with full melodramatic effect of showing the mental state of the writer despite the fact that the person writing the journal would not have been in a state to have been able to write it. It's pure fiction and my guess is that it's intended for people who are fans of that kind of fiction.
Deadpool. Times watched: 9 and counting...
cluster

Postby cluster » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 am

Soundless wrote:
Vitani wrote:Are we all aware that there is a company that exclusively makes sex toys based on christian themes (Jackhammer Jesus...and a fuckable bible for those with a penis), but no one seems to have an issue with that.

I hadn't been aware but after taking a look at the site I think it's safe to say that the reason that they're not being overwhelmed with complaints is due to people not being aware of them. I haven't been to church for a very long time but I did go long enough to be extremely uncomfortable with the idea of using any of their christian themed toys.

cluster wrote:Indeed. Bad move basing it on an actual civilization. Toy looks interesting, but going a little more vague in the description as to its inspiration and not falling into the trope of painting said civilization as simple/brutal would likely have made this a much happier launch for them.

It's all about context. The story is being told by someone that is an outsider who's knowledge of the dead civilization is questionable at best who likely thinks that his own civilization is superior. I've never been keen on history but I do believe that to be a reasonable take on things, much more reasonable than having the story told from an outsider that has a full understanding of the dead civilization. Further more, looking at the fictional journal, it says "There are markings near the base that seem to indicate mechanisms or some form of complex manufacturing." thus suggesting that the civilization was more advanced than the explorer believed them to be.

To me it looks like your typical fiction ala Indiana Jones, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, etc..., it even has a journal entry with full melodramatic effect of showing the mental state of the writer despite the fact that the person writing the journal would not have been in a state to have been able to write it. It's pure fiction and my guess is that it's intended for people who are fans of that kind of fiction.

Putting a lot of backstory in it is a nice touch. I think maybe what they were looking to do is honor that tradition of storytelling, as you mention, but the more problematic part would be in the selection of an actual civilization, descriptions like the item being found in a place "suspected of harboring sickly occultist services" which just happens to be this civilization's temple, etc. Go full fantasy here, you know? Fiction isn't immune to being problematic. I'm not attributing any ill intent to these folks. I think the toy looks pretty interesting and they've clearly put a lot of effort into it and its world. That said, I also recognize that there's a long-standing history of exoticizing some cultures in ways that are hurtful and damaging, so the compromise here would seem to be finding a path forward that pulls away from things that are problematic and moving forward with something that doesn't carry baggage that detracts from the intent.

I also imagine the makers want their toy to appeal to the broadest audience base, and if they can do that, why not? This seems like a matter of retooling a bit, possibly just in its presentation.
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
littlestars

Postby littlestars » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:24 am

My BR Sagi came in yesterday! I snagged it when she announced that she was closing her doors, and I'm so glad I did! My only regret is that I never picked up a Leonius; I have all of her other models and I love them. Maybe one day I'll find one secondhand.
IMG_3379.JPG
IMG_3383.JPG
IMG_3389.JPG
IMG_3398.JPG
I'm that girl with all the Mengs!
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:39 am

Vitani wrote:Uhm.

Are we all aware that there is a company that exclusively makes sex toys based on christian themes (Jackhammer Jesus...and a fuckable bible for those with a penis), but no one seems to have an issue with that.

Can we just not.

Let tumblr be a cesspool over there where they will all burn each other at the stake and die and leave the rest of the world in peace.

it's about oppression

Christanity killed a lot of religions, societyies took over, made it illegal for those who remained to have their religion. You can't tell a people who believe in Skin Walkers and Aswang they are silly for it, if they are of those cultures. But it's ok for someone in the majority of power to be called an idiot for believing in changelings. So making a fuckable Thunderbird toy is a no-go. But I am sure Ziz is up for grabs.

it's "ok" for Christanity based sex toys because for the most part, "they are in power" they were conquest and slaughter and forced their religion onto people. that is what cultural appropriation is.

that is why we can have bibles to hump, but it might not be cool to bang a sacred thing from an oppressed and marjonalized belief system. let alone ad them to a cartoon or video game as a collectable monster or a hellfiend to fell.

oppressionlogy
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Samson

Postby Samson » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:36 pm

littlestars wrote:My BR Sagi came in yesterday! I snagged it when she announced that she was closing her doors, and I'm so glad I did! My only regret is that I never picked up a Leonius; I have all of her other models and I love them. Maybe one day I'll find one secondhand.
IMG_3379.JPG
IMG_3383.JPG
IMG_3389.JPG
IMG_3398.JPG

So pretty! It's a shame I didn't order anything while BR was still open. She had some amazing colors.
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
kt~

Postby kt~ » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:57 pm

I have a question for anyone who bought the Spring Fling eggs from FB. I noticed mine is noticeably squishier than my other FB brood eggs I bought in October, or the Heart of Gold egg I bought in February. Did they say the Spring Fling eggs were cast in soft or something? I don't remember if that was the case or not. I bought one of the in stock eggs.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:18 pm

kt~ wrote:I have a question for anyone who bought the Spring Fling eggs from FB. I noticed mine is noticeably squishier than my other FB brood eggs I bought in October, or the Heart of Gold egg I bought in February. Did they say the Spring Fling eggs were cast in soft or something? I don't remember if that was the case or not. I bought one of the in stock eggs.

If that's the one with the butterflies, it could be them making it softer. That's why they can only put so many confetti bits in one toy. If it's not the butterfly one, I have no idea.
ElusiveMiss

Postby ElusiveMiss » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:48 pm

The next time I have money I think I would like to invest in some Silicone eggs. Probably for some simple insertion, maybe stuffing.

What brand/companies do you recommend? And how much money am I looking at?
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:25 pm

kt~ wrote:I have a question for anyone who bought the Spring Fling eggs from FB. I noticed mine is noticeably squishier than my other FB brood eggs I bought in October, or the Heart of Gold egg I bought in February. Did they say the Spring Fling eggs were cast in soft or something? I don't remember if that was the case or not. I bought one of the in stock eggs.

The eggs can come in multiple firmnesses (usually medium though), and I compared my flutterby to my other medium eggs and they feel the same, but their firm silicone is definitely softer than before (I also ordered a sample set).
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:00 pm

My green textured one is super soft while the butterfly one is medium firmness. They're all random I believe.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm

canonkiller wrote:If that's the one with the butterflies, it could be them making it softer. That's why they can only put so many confetti bits in one toy. If it's not the butterfly one, I have no idea.

It isn't the butterfly one, it's a blue/purple textured one.
It feels considerably squishier than my other 3 eggs, which all seem to be the same firmness. I assume they're medium.

Akanisen wrote:The eggs can come in multiple firmnesses (usually medium though), and I compared my flutterby to my other medium eggs and they feel the same, but their firm silicone is definitely softer than before (I also ordered a sample set).

Well, I know the eggs usually have firmness options you can select, I don't remember that being the case for those in-stocks though.

GreenLeopard87 wrote:
My green textured one is super soft while the butterfly one is medium firmness. They're all random I believe.

Interesting...I didn't even know super soft was an option :psyduck:

Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:38 pm

kt~ wrote:It isn't the butterfly one, it's a blue/purple textured one.
It feels considerably squishier than my other 3 eggs, which all seem to be the same firmness. I assume they're medium.

Oh, then yea, it's in soft firmness. I got a spring fling egg too and compared it to my soft sample egg and they feel the same.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
kt~

Postby kt~ » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Akanisen wrote:
kt~ wrote:It isn't the butterfly one, it's a blue/purple textured one.

Oh, then yea, it's in soft firmness. I got a spring fling egg too and compared it to my soft sample egg and they feel the same.

Cool, thanks! It's so squishy. Although not as squishy as the pocket Snowbird, that one is so soft and stretchy :stick:

AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:00 pm

littlestars wrote:My BR Sagi came in yesterday! I snagged it when she announced that she was closing her doors, and I'm so glad I did! My only regret is that I never picked up a Leonius; I have all of her other models and I love them. Maybe one day I'll find one secondhand.

Oooh very nice! Love the pour on that :smile: I still haven't been able to use mine, I think I overestimated how big the large is XD
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:12 am

kt~ wrote:Although not as squishy as the pocket Snowbird, that one is so soft and stretchy :stick:

The pocket SB is in extra soft X3
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:11 pm

I figure try this on this topic first. It's all about other fantasy toys. I'd like to talk about EE's SubWoofer here or if anyone prefers in private messages. Is it heavily printer textured? Is the knot or the electronic looking texture on it rough in use? How cervix poking is it? The knot seems a bit big sized for a mini toy only a little less in diameter than medium Fenrir's knot yet about 1.4" less in circumference. Medim Fenrir's knot gives me all sorts of trouble with it's size even in 3 firmness. Medium Fenrir is also a bit cervix poking.

I wanted to get a custom small Fenrir in swapped colors yet got told it isn't doable. Must be a new policy I've seen that color on other toys. Even medium size with no extras was a no. FriskyBeast isn't doing custom colors so my only option left is EE. My concern is spending who knows how much for the custom color to have it not work out due to knot size.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Zaphora wrote:I have one!!! A medium sized sub woofer and it's a 3 firmness it's not like small crackers texture it's more stimulating and has really nice ridges it does have it and you need lube I recommend a soft one they feel amazing and are actually more of a turn on with thier texture it's not too rough either :) hope that helps

Thanks! Definitely planned on getting soft firmness.

Now my concern is knot size. I wish I could find a picture of one compared to a medium Fenrir.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:25 pm

lovelyscales wrote:I figure try this on this topic first. It's all about other fantasy toys. I'd like to talk about EE's SubWoofer here or if anyone prefers in private messages. Is it heavily printer textured? Is the knot or the electronic looking texture on it rough in use? How cervix poking is it? The knot seems a bit big sized for a mini toy only a little less in diameter than medium Fenrir's knot yet about 1.4" less in circumference. Medim Fenrir's knot gives me all sorts of trouble with it's size even in 3 firmness. Medium Fenrir is also a bit cervix poking.

What's your intended use for the toy? I can't see texture being much of a problem if you're going to just insert the toy and leave it in place for a long period of time. At the same time, if that's your intended use, then pretty much any of these toys will probably poke you. If poking is your complaint, and you get poked when you're aroused, then you're going to be poked even more as time goes on because the vaginal canal shrinks back when arousal wears off.
My small Razor in soft firmness feels okay during a session and for a little while afterwards, but I tried wearing it to sleep and I woke up at 5 am with severe cramps and had to pull the toy out :doh:

If you just want a toy to use during sessions, then I guess just look at a toy that's a little shorter than Fenrir (or within your length limit). Honestly I have the same issues with knotted toys, I've pretty much given up on finding one that really works for me.

Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:39 pm

kt~ wrote:What's your intended use for the toy? I can't see texture being much of a problem if you're going to just insert the toy and leave it in place for a long period of time. At the same time, if that's your intended use, then pretty much any of these toys will probably poke you. If poking is your complaint, and you get poked when you're aroused, then you're going to be poked even more as time goes on because the vaginal canal shrinks back when arousal wears off.
My small Razor in soft firmness feels okay during a session and for a little while afterwards, but I tried wearing it to sleep and I woke up at 5 am with severe cramps and had to pull the toy out :doh:

If you just want a toy to use during sessions, then I guess just look at a toy that's a little shorter than Fenrir (or within your length limit). Honestly I have the same issues with knotted toys, I've pretty much given up on finding one that really works for me.

Thanks! Yikes sad to hear Razor did that to you :surprised:. I intend to both use it for thrusting and having my lover use the knot on me. I think part of the pokiness from Fenrir came from toying right before my cycle started. I tried it prior when I was 2 weeks from my next cycle and didn't find it to be painful. A little pokey yet not as much as when I was right before my monthly cycle.

I don't have any problems with small Bruiser, legacy Breeder thrusting or riding, small Roland, or as long as I'm riding it not thrusting with it, small Spritz's knot. I also didn't have much problems with Cole only that I would prefer it in 3 firmness instead of 5 because it's on the larger side for a small. I don't think it's knots I have problem with unless there's too much length before the knot or it has a real pointy head.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:55 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Thanks! Yikes sad to hear Razor did that to you :surprised:. I intend to both use it for thrusting and having my lover use the knot on me. I think part of the pokiness from Fenrir came from toying right before my cycle started. I tried it prior when I was 2 weeks from my next cycle and didn't find it to be painful. A little pokey yet not as much as when I was right before my monthly cycle.

I don't have any problems with small Bruiser, legacy Breeder thrusting or riding, small Roland, or as long as I'm riding it not thrusting with it, small Spritz's knot. I also didn't have much problems with Cole only that I would prefer it in 3 firmness instead of 5 because it's on the larger side for a small. I don't think it's knots I have problem with unless there's too much length before the knot or it has a real pointy head.

So do you feel poking with Bruiser, Roland, or Spritz? Those are all longer than Fenrir.
I had a legacy Seadragon before and I didn't find it to be that pokey, I think because it leaned so far forward that it missed my cervix.
Also, when you say you're okay with small Spritz's knot as long as you aren't thrusting it, does it give you problems because the knot feels too big? In that case, you would need a toy with a knot smaller than 6".

Return to “General Discussion”