Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Knottery

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Knottery » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:53 pm

GreenLeopard87 wrote:
Knottery wrote:I think new model popularity definitely adds to wait times for FB - I ordered a mini sauropod during their extinction sale and got it like 2 or 3 weeks later, so prolonged wait times are not across the board. I'm way more laid back about waiting these days so it doesn't really bother me either way though.

Damn... That's quick. I ordered an iguanodon during the extinction sale, and still nothing. And I think the iguanodon is less popular than the sauropod. Hoping I'll see it sometime in early/mid November...

Yeah, it was a pleasant surprise, I was prepared to wait through October for it. I probably got lucky with some combo of stock color, available mold, and no flaws on the pull. :mystery:
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 pm

Hey does anyone know where I could get a some of the Dai-Do line by Big Teaze Fun?
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:43 pm

vixenvega wrote:I favor split fades for style, but if they can recreate something like this....
Cpsum7_XYAAwF5b.jpg

That's nothing short of amazing..completely breathtaking marble job :misc2: :bugeyed:! Is that from Exotic-Erotics? I know they're infamous for some gorgeous pours.
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 pm

lovelyscales wrote:That's nothing short of amazing..completely breathtaking marble job :misc2: :bugeyed:! Is that from Exotic-Erotics? I know they're infamous for some gorgeous pours.

That's actually a pour from TTC! If I remember correctly they posted that up around the fourth of July.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Idra

Postby Idra » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:11 am

So, after a night of toys being yanked out from under me (seriously, three of them...) and also a moment of panic when TTC went down, I gave in and snagged that medium, blue and light pink Avian :3 I was torn between a medium and a small but the medium was the right firmness and within my girth range so... medium it is! I'm excited :3
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:33 am

HungryStray wrote:I usually go for fades myself but I'm interested to see what they can pull off if I tell them to just have fun with it and surprise me with something nice, for Cortez at least. I remember seeing that Atlas! That's what I'm talking about. I'll probably hold off from telling them to "go wild" because who knows what I'd end up with then. X3

It's pretty amazing.
I am also tempted to tell them my color preferences then let them do their thing. That Atlas is amazing and they've had some excellent marbling on some Anubites too, nice swirly tight things.
But, I've seen some blocky patchy marbles on Cortez and I would be super unhappy with it if I ended up with something similar.
I sent them a few pictures of past pours to see if they can recreate a similar look. I'm waiting to see what they say and then go from there.
I have a friend helping me figure out fade colors. They suggested dark purple to pank!, jokingly because they are my least favorite colors, but I actually think it might look good on him.
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:59 am

My Reshik arrived!

I'm really impressed by the colors in person (no in-person pics today, can't find my camera :stick: ) but the heft of it is something else, too! I can't wait to use him.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
vixenvega wrote:
HungryStray wrote:Oh I hear you friend. One scare is enough for me and I'm a firm believer of the "opportunity knocks but once" metaphor, so I don't want to wait around for them to duck out later and not get a Cortez or Anubite while I've got the chance. I'll probably get the Anubite in soft because if I remember right the knot on their large is pretty decently sized, for Cortez though I'm leaning towards their medium firmness. What colors are you thinking for yours? :O

I'm not sure yet. I kind of want something obnoxious, which is unlike me.
I favor split fades for style, but if they can recreate something like this....
Cpsum7_XYAAwF5b.jpg

jfc i love this so damn much.
I love my chance so much I've kinda been looking for another horse/blunt type toy, and now I'm thinking of ordering from TTC just so I can ask for something like this. :bugeyed:

Email them!
They said they're totally happy to attempt it again.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Just placed an order for my large Anubite. Much excitement. :buddy:

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:46 pm

HungryStray wrote:Just placed an order for my large Anubite. Much excitement. :buddy:

How was the ordering process? Care to share details? :blush:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
HungryStray wrote:Just placed an order for my large Anubite. Much excitement. :buddy:

Sure thing! I was told in my initial inquiry about colors and firmnesses that if there was something I wanted special to just shoot them a message beforehand. I did this, and asked them how they'd prefer me to set up my order in the product page. They responded and asked me if I'd prefer a metallic black they have been working on instead of just flat black and when I was done ordering to just email them again with my choice and my order number. I said I'd love to try the experimental black. :blush: So far I would say their CS is 5/5, would feel comfortable with attempting to order something again.

Also if I'm remembering things right, their medium firm is about 5.75, for anybody that was looking to know.

Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:09 pm

HungryStray wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:

Sure thing! I was told in my initial inquiry about colors and firmnesses that if there was something I wanted special to just shoot them a message beforehand. I did this, and asked them how they'd prefer me to set up my order in the product page. They responded and asked me if I'd prefer a metallic black they have been working on instead of just flat black and when I was done ordering to just email them again with my choice and my order number. I said I'd love to try the experimental black. :blush: So far I would say their CS is 5/5, would feel comfortable with attempting to order something again.

Also if I'm remembering things right, their medium firm is about 5.75, for anybody that was looking to know.

Cool, thanks! It sounds like they've got themselves sorted out for now, so here's hoping they stick around long enough for me to order a Cortez this time! :widesmile: I'm considering just picking out my colors and telling them to give me the craziest marble they can manage, haha!
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Yay! I hope they make a nice one for you!
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Amaranthe wrote:Cool, thanks! It sounds like they've got themselves sorted out for now, so here's hoping they stick around long enough for me to order a Cortez this time! :widesmile: I'm considering just picking out my colors and telling them to give me the craziest marble they can manage, haha!

It looks like they've covered all their bases this time. By the sounds of their twitter, business is a booming since they've opened up again. I also feel like I neeeeeed a Cortez, still trying to decide what firmness I'd like it in though. I think for mine I'll just give them a list of colors to leave out and let them go wild with the rest, or maybe give them an inspiration image and test what they are capable of.

lovelyscales wrote:

Yay! I hope they make a nice one for you!

I'm super excited/nervous because it's my first custom order outside of BD, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. They definitely snagged me with a color suggestion, they know my weakness. T^T

Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:12 pm

HungryStray wrote:I'm super excited/nervous because it's my first custom order outside of BD, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. They definitely snagged me with a color suggestion, they know my weakness. T^T

Oooh fun! I've seen some pretty pours for sale from them so it will probably be nice. What did they suggest..or is it a secret for now if you plan to post pictures?

I can't wait for them to come out with their own version of mini/extra small sizes. Also curious to see if they ever try things like vibe cavities or squirt tubes in the future.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:47 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
HungryStray wrote:I'm super excited/nervous because it's my first custom order outside of BD, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. They definitely snagged me with a color suggestion, they know my weakness. T^T

Oooh fun! I've seen some pretty pours for sale from them so it will probably be nice. What did they suggest..or is it a secret for now if you plan to post pictures?

I can't wait for them to come out with their own version of mini/extra small sizes. Also curious to see if they ever try things like vibe cavities or squirt tubes in the future.

They suggested something they've been working on called "Void Black" for the shaft of my toy. I think it's a black with blue/purple metallic, which sounds reeeeeeally neat because flat black tends to look a little lifeless. They agreed to do a marbled base as well! A mix of their Desert Brown and Werewolf Grey.

HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Got a reply back from TTC about my order and they said to expect my toy being shipped out within the week!

vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:05 pm

Got my FB Tin and Kreepy Eggs today!
Tin was full of candy too, but that was eaten immediately upon opening.
100_7764.JPG
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:09 pm

USPS tracking isn't updating like it did on my other F-B packages. I'm sure it's fine. I like having someone at the house when packages are due to arrive. Just can't wait to see my mini/medium phantom coloration Humpbreak. I haven't seen any other in stock phantom coloration toy drops in models/sizes I've been interested in..hope I enjoy this one.

vixenvega wrote:Got my FB Tin and Kreepy Eggs today!
Tin was full of candy too, but that was eaten immediately upon opening.
100_7764.JPG

Nice! Love your candycorn egg! Normally don't like toys that resemble food or sweet treats yet candy corn toys are my exception.
Armomen

Postby Armomen » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:28 pm

I hope it's alright to post this, but I'm just so extremely happy with how this one turned out! I've been working on improving marbles and I gotta say it's a fun and exciting process! I've never really attempted full tight marbles before so this was especially exciting! And a chance for me to make a really really shiny toy lmao, I could just make all of them metallic tbh, it looks so pretty.

m1.JPG
I make custom toys!

► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”