Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
nevan

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby nevan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:41 pm

GreenLeopard87 wrote:I'm tempted to buy the DA classic AAA on clearance but I'm not crazy about the colors... And I already have one. But it's such a good model.... And $35 is such a good price lol. Wish there was something else in clearance that I could use...

I'm in a similar boat over this guy here:

...I'm shocked he's still there, honestly. The colours are nice.
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:28 am

nevan wrote:
GreenLeopard87 wrote:I'm tempted to buy the DA classic AAA on clearance but I'm not crazy about the colors... And I already have one. But it's such a good model.... And $35 is such a good price lol. Wish there was something else in clearance that I could use...

I'm in a similar boat over this guy here:

...I'm shocked he's still there, honestly. The colours are nice.

Luckily, the AAA I was mauling over is gone. It was a great price but I just didn't love it. I'd rather pay DA full price for a color I like more.

I'm ready for marbled March!!!
nevan

Postby nevan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 pm

GreenLeopard87 wrote:
Luckily, the AAA I was mauling over is gone. It was a great price but I just didn't love it. I'd rather pay DA full price for a color I like more.

I'm ready for marbled March!!!

I agree!!!
I think I might go for a marble March knight...or Rudolph....maybe Belphad? ...I don't gave a model in mind but man oh man I want something I know that...

What we you thinking of getting?
Alta

Postby Alta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:35 pm

It's been 10 weeks, and my FB order still hasn't shipped... :angry: Bad Dragon may have it's own issues, but at least I get my toys fairly quickly.
Female|24|Queer|Single|Proud cat mom|Animator student|Cartoon nerd|
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Alta wrote:It's been 10 weeks, and my FB order still hasn't shipped... :angry: Bad Dragon may have it's own issues, but at least I get my toys fairly quickly.

Mine is just shy of 13 weeks old. And all I ordered was a mini Atlas Lion. :/
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Alta

Postby Alta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:31 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:
Alta wrote:It's been 10 weeks, and my FB order still hasn't shipped... :angry: Bad Dragon may have it's own issues, but at least I get my toys fairly quickly.

I ordered a mini Cryo. A week after I placed my order I asked them if they could do a specific marble pattern, but they told me no, becasue my toy was already poured. I thought "sweet, they should ship it soon..." Yeah, what a joke. I'm actually angry at them.

2/10 will not order from them ever again.
Female|24|Queer|Single|Proud cat mom|Animator student|Cartoon nerd|
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 pm

It's so short and fat omg, girth seems on point but the usable length is closer to 6 inches than it is 7.

Photo Feb 23, 4 20 20 PM.jpg
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:It's so short and fat omg, girth seems on point but the usable length is closer to 6 inches than it is 7.

My grey one just arrived! It's pretty beefy! I'll take pics of mine Saturday when my BD order comes in. Is yours soft as well?
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:It's so short and fat omg, girth seems on point but the usable length is closer to 6 inches than it is 7.

My grey one just arrived! It's pretty beefy! I'll take pics of mine Saturday when my BD order comes in. Is yours soft as well?

It is. I have to contact the seller though. I don't know if this is safe to use, there are cuts on the surface and literally pieces of tinsel or something caught inside. I'm pretty upset with how bad this is

► Show Spoiler
RabidWulf

Postby RabidWulf » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Alta wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:

I ordered a mini Cryo. A week after I placed my order I asked them if they could do a specific marble pattern, but they told me no, becasue my toy was already poured. I thought "sweet, they should ship it soon..." Yeah, what a joke. I'm actually angry at them.

All I ordered was a premade egg. It's been a month. Still says it's only been paid. Goin' by all y'alls time... I'm not holding my breath about seeing it before July.
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Gargoyle242 wrote:

It is. I have to contact the seller though. I don't know if this is safe to use, there are cuts on the surface and literally pieces of tinsel or something caught inside. I'm pretty upset with how bad this is

► Show Spoiler

that sucks! I had to go double check mine real quick in better light, it seems fine. I would definitely be raising hell if I were you. Post an update when you hear back from them.
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:40 pm

RabidWulf wrote:
Alta wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:Mine is just shy of 13 weeks old. And all I ordered was a mini Atlas Lion. :/

All I ordered was a premade egg. It's been a month. Still says it's only been paid. Goin' by all y'alls time... I'm not holding my breath about seeing it before July.

I had to damn near get pushy before they sent my stuff, years back. It was all empty promises and excuses. They threw a pity party at me, once. I was like...are you effing serious? We have one person here who waited over a year for their order. I was willing to cut them some slack in the beginning because, you know, new company, but they really should have their shit together by now.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
QueenCheetah93

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:40 pm

RabidWulf wrote:
Alta wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:Mine is just shy of 13 weeks old. And all I ordered was a mini Atlas Lion. :/

FB is pretty dang slow at shipping. I always just pick things up from them when they go to events - like FWA. Their products really are great, but they need to work on their speed. :surprised:
My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler

Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:that sucks! I had to go double check mine real quick in better light, it seems fine. I would definitely be raising hell if I were you. Post an update when you hear back from them.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed to say the least. I don't even know if this is usable. I sent them a message but could only attach three pics. It's littered with cuts and something all inside of it. I'll post back if they respond. I would have dismissed the cuts for mold issues, but the fact that there is something inside of it, in multiple places, is what bothers me.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Gargoyle242 wrote:

► Show Spoiler

Ack!
Also
What the hell?!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:58 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Ack!
Also
What the hell?!

The free bag they gave me just broke too, rip me

A bag you would've made wouldn't have broken
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:

► Show Spoiler

Whoa, what the heck.. :psyduck:

Hope they work that out for you, that's... so bizarre.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm

Im gonna hop on the will not buy from FB again train. Last year it took them over 10 weeks to make and sent a mega brood egg and 3 regular eggs. That and the product isn't very good the casting seams are all very noticeable on all the eggs, there was a dent and a big discoloration in the big egg and the base where the retrieval string on the big egg is pitted along with the string being cheep fabric.

Im not trying to slander FB but this was my experience with them. Not very good.

But the biggest reason i dont buy from them is size. all there stuff is too small for me. I like some of there designs but too small for me. Sorry size king problems :widesmile:
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:18 pm

It sounds like FB is still being FB :eyeroll: I'm not sure why people keep buying from them and then being shocked when it takes months to even get an update. It seems to be exceptionally, extremely rare for a toy from them to get out the door quickly, and I honestly can't tell why. Even if they are totally swamped with orders, they STILL haven't come up with a system to ship out completed orders in a timely manner? Folks have gotta stop enabling them, 'cause unless they see an actual hit in their profits, there's no reason for them to change these shoddy business practices. It's grossly unprofessional.

Arumaeruma wrote:[
Yeah I'm pretty pissed to say the least. I don't even know if this is usable. I sent them a message but could only attach three pics. It's littered with cuts and something all inside of it. I'll post back if they respond. I would have dismissed the cuts for mold issues, but the fact that there is something inside of it, in multiple places, is what bothers me.

That's very worrying :bugeyed: If I got a toy that had cuts on it, I'd give it a pass if it was from a small company, but stuff caught inside? That makes me think that the mold wasn't entirely cleared of debris when they poured it, or they removed it too soon and some tinsel got stuck (and cut it up while moving).
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Ack!
Also
What the hell?!

The free bag they gave me just broke too, rip me

A bag you would've made wouldn't have broken

seriously?! I just want to give you a hug, it seems like you need on right about now, lol. How did the bag break? I used mine for a glass toy that needed to be in a bag, and it seems to still be intact. But that's F-ed up that you got a crap order. I feel bad for not having anything wrong with mine. Is that weird?

Return to “General Discussion”