Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Drazard

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Drazard » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Jasmine wrote:I ordered a mini Snowbird and a set of cordless brood eggs on 1/9/17 from FB.

This is the end of the seventh week of waiting. How many more do you think I should wait until I contact them? :eyeroll:

I don't expect promises of 'it's poured' or anything like that, I just have never contacted them about an order before and I'm not sure what their protocol is.

I usually contact them after eight weeks of waiting, as that's the higher end of their predicted wait time. They're usually pretty quick responding to tickets (within about 24-48 hours in my experience). If you don't get a response to a ticket after three days, submit a new one (this isn't what they recommend - just what's worked for me in the past). If they give a non-answer (i.e. we don't know when it'll ship out, basically), that's the time to decide whether you want to keep waiting, maybe ticketing them every couple of weeks for an update, or whether you want to look into getting a refund.
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Ixick wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:
Ixick wrote:
Would a flop like that even be body safe? :bugeyed: I wouldn't feel comfortable using a toy that had some object partially embedded in it, that sounds frightfully unsanitary.

How would you feel about this toy?

That one doesn't bug me because it's intentionally in there--so either it was properly sanitized or it was properly embedded. A foreign object that's partially embedded in the toy without the customer specifically requesting it? Way different.

Sort of like saying "I don't want to find bugs in my candy" after getting a hershey bar with a cockroach sticking halfway out of it, and then linking to a grasshopper lollipop or chocolate ants and trying to claim that it's the same. Intent matters!

I agree intent matters. But your analogy doesn't work.

Inclusions in silicone, whether intentional or not, do not affect safety. But if an insect unintentionally makes its way into food, that's absolutely a safety concern. Unlike with insects specifically raised to be eaten, you have no idea where the unintentionally included insect came from, so you have no idea what harmful things it could be carrying.

I concede that, like the cockroach in your example, we don't know where the silicone inclusion came from. But, unlike the cockroach, the silicone inclusion will never be consumed or even touch the user's skin.

I'd be surprised if Godemiche sanitized the cash before including it in that dildo. And I'd be flabbergasted if the myriad toy makers who use glitter do anything to sanitize it before including it in toys.

Unless I missed something while reading, I don't believe the inclusion in the Rhino is poking out at all. So, like the cash in the Godemiche dildo, it's completely embedded.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:06 pm

Kudu Voodoo announced a new toy! A short, knotted one! Remind me a little bit of the mountain drake...
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Whether it's safe and sanitary to use or not is completely irrelevant as the owner is not comfortable doing so.
It's her body and her toy. Posting over and over how it's safe and fine isn't going to change that.
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 pm

blushingkitten wrote:Kudu Voodoo announced a new toy! A short, knotted one! Remind me a little bit of the mountain drake...

Link to the toy in question. Immediately interested, it seems like a fun design and KuduVoodoo has been doing some lovely customs lately.
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:29 pm

vixenvega wrote:Whether it's safe and sanitary to use or not is completely irrelevant as the owner is not comfortable doing so.
It's her body and her toy. Posting over and over how it's safe and fine isn't going to change that.

And I said on the previous page she has a right to be dissatisfied. Monster Delights should have disclosed the flaws in the toy.

I'm simply saying inclusions are safe. That doesn't mean anyone is obliged to like or tolerate them.

Onions are safe, by I'll be damned if I'm going to put them in my burger. And that's okay.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Nobody has said inclusions are unsafe, most of us have toys with glitter.
There is a difference between intentionally added glitter, pom poms, beads, whatever, and totally random trash. This has already been said, multiple times.
Drazard

Postby Drazard » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:
vixenvega wrote:Whether it's safe and sanitary to use or not is completely irrelevant as the owner is not comfortable doing so.

And I said on the previous page she has a right to be dissatisfied. Monster Delights should have disclosed the flaws in the toy.

I'm simply saying inclusions are safe. That doesn't mean anyone is obliged to like or tolerate them.

Onions are safe, by I'll be damned if I'm going to put them in my burger. And that's okay.

Dude, this just wasn't the time or place for this discussion. The toy's owner came here to express how upset they were with their toy being a flop. They don't want to read this pedantic argument about the technicalities of the safety of foreign objects in silicone. I'm sure most of us here were already well aware that stuff that is totally suspended in silicone is technically safe.

Anyway, Kudu Voodoo's new toy looks nice! If that knot was an inch and a half thicker around the knot, that'd be right on my wishlist. My wallet's safe for now, at least. :widesmile:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:

Everyone understands that inclusions in silicone can be safe. There was no reason for you to keep on arguing about it. Everyone has tried to explain to you why the inclusions are not trusted in this situation while you continue to argue about inclusions in general. You have said that you agree that she has a right to be dissatisfied, but you have been arguing as if she should be okay with it. That's how it's come across. You claim you are just saying inclusions are safe. Yes, and nobody is saying they aren't when done properly. That's what everyone was saying to you. You've said that they are safe. Everyone agrees they can be, with situations like this being one of the exceptions. Now stop saying it. Please drop it, for the sake of the thread.
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:

Yes, but if you complained that the burger you didn't expect to have onions on it does, and then someone decided to have a pedantic multi-page argument on the qualities of onions, their nutritional value and why it's perfectly OK to be exposed to onions, that might feel like a personal attack on your onion preferences.

I don't wanna protract this further but whether you mean to or not, interrogating people like this comes off as extremely hostile, makes them defensive and just generally creates an unhelpful pages long argument out of a really minor detail that could have been encapsulated by "inclusions entirely within the silicone are safe, but that sucks that you got this unexpectedly when you don't want it."

You don't need to question people on whether they would accept an inclusion in this other circumstance, you're not the dick police. Sorry to be grumpy but you've dragged this long past the point where people trying to politely redirect is working.
Idra

Postby Idra » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Luxx wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:Kudu Voodoo announced a new toy! A short, knotted one! Remind me a little bit of the mountain drake...

Link to the toy in question. Immediately interested, it seems like a fun design and KuduVoodoo has been doing some lovely customs lately.

That looks VERY mountain drake-y, and the dimensions are roughly similar too. A little shorter, a little thinner, mostly the same, even down to the look of the base. I won't be purchasing.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Awwwwww he's a cutie!

Adds to the eventual list.
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Idra wrote:
Luxx wrote:

That looks VERY mountain drake-y, and the dimensions are roughly similar too. A little shorter, a little thinner, mostly the same, even down to the look of the base. I won't be purchasing.

The base stood out to me, too! It was when the teaser image was posted, and I couldn't put my finger on why it was looking so familiar... Until the full release! Once I saw the shape and knot and overall look, the familiar feeling base made more sense now.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:09 pm

lizardbreath wrote:

Awwwwww he's a cutie!

Adds to the eventual list.

Gasp
It has a knot and 4 balls
Quads...

WREX!!!

Aw hell yeah!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 pm

vixenvega wrote:Nobody has said inclusions are unsafe

Here you go:

Arumaeruma wrote:items I found unsanitary embedded

Arumaeruma wrote:Inclusions aren't unsanitary? Cool so toys can have candy wrappers, tinsel, spiders, all sorts of fun things in them, they're embedded in silicone, I should be cool with these "inclusions".

Arumaeruma wrote:It IS unsanitary because it's garbage and WAS NOT And SHOULD NOT be in the toy.

Ixick wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:How would you feel about this toy?

That one doesn't bug me because it's intentionally in there--so either it was properly sanitized or it was properly embedded. A foreign object that's partially embedded in the toy without the customer specifically requesting it? Way different.

Sort of like saying "I don't want to find bugs in my candy" after getting a hershey bar with a cockroach sticking halfway out of it, and then linking to a grasshopper lollipop or chocolate ants and trying to claim that it's the same. Intent matters!

That last quote doesn't directly say inclusions are unsafe or unsanitary, but it compares the inclusion in the Rhino to something that's undeniably unsanitary.

vixenvega wrote:There is a difference between intentionally added glitter, pom poms, beads, whatever, and totally random trash.

I absolutely agree there's a difference. I'd definitely be upset if I received a toy with an unseemly, undisclosed inclusion.

But this difference between intentional and unintentional inclusions does not affect safety.

Amaranthe wrote:Everyone understands that inclusions in silicone can be safe. There was no reason for you to keep on arguing about it.

I've kept arguing about it because Arumaeruma and Ixick have kept saying inclusions are unsafe.

Amaranthe wrote:Everyone has tried to explain to you why the inclusions are not trusted in this situation while you continue to argue about inclusions in general.

My argument is that, in terms of safety, the inclusion in the Rhino is no different from inclusions in general.

Amaranthe wrote:You have said that you agree that she has a right to be dissatisfied, but you have been arguing as if she should be okay with it.

That's not true. I'm arguing as if she should not say the inclusion is unsafe.

She should be dissatisfied because the inclusion (and the tears) are unseemly and were not disclosed by the maker.

Amaranthe wrote:You claim you are just saying inclusions are safe. Yes, and nobody is saying they aren't when done properly.

Inclusions are safe even when done improperly, as long as they're completely embedded in the silicone.

Luxx wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:Onions are safe, by I'll be damned if I'm going to put them in my burger. And that's okay.

Yes, but if you complained that the burger you didn't expect to have onions on it does, and then someone decided to have a pedantic multi-page argument on the qualities of onions, their nutritional value and why it's perfectly OK to be exposed to onions, that might feel like a personal attack on your onion preferences.

The difference is that I wouldn't say onions are unsafe. I'd simply say they're gross.

Luxx wrote:creates an unhelpful pages long argument out of a really minor detail that could have been encapsulated by "inclusions entirely within the silicone are safe, but that sucks that you got this unexpectedly when you don't want it."

That's what I said last page. Arumaeruma chose to continue to attack me.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:20 pm

:words:

For the love of FUCK
Give it a rest!
Pretzal queen!!
[
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote: :words:

Yeah I "attacked" you because you're trying to tell me how I should feel, which is pretty fucking shitty. Honestly can you like fuck off because you're pissing me the fuck off and dragging on some stupid shit that's been resolved. I said when I posted my pics someone can argue and say it's sanitary but I disagree and I'm not fucking using it, I'm not giving it to anyone, and I'm not using it. PERIOD. Get your head out of your ass and shut up.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:21 pm

lizardbreath wrote::words:

For the love of FUCK
Give it a rest!

This. Or take it to PMs? Just seems unnecessary at this point and like an agree to disagree...
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:23 pm

OK that's getting to the point of harassment dude. Chill.
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote: :words:

Yeah I "attacked" you because you're trying to tell me how I should feel

I never said you should feel a certain way. I only said you're incorrect to say inclusions are unsafe.

Return to “General Discussion”