Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Fae Fantase

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Luxx wrote:I went through the Damn Average tag rather than Tumblr's (unusably garbage) search system. A whole bunch of links under the spoiler tag. A fair few of these are a couple of years old and things have likely changed since they were done. I haven't targeted any people in particular, this is just what was labelled clearly as Marbled March orders.
I found all these posts on my tablet, which longs to refresh the page for no reason so compiling the post took a while. I'm adding in more links as I look further back into the tag.

Thanks so very much for sharing all those beauties with me! I love seeing her pours so much. Especially MM stuff because then it had some guidance to the pours too :widesmile:.

marshmarshmarsh wrote:
► Show Spoiler
an aaa i got last year, it looks like stained glass.

squishysquishy is currently selling my old MM orc.
► Show Spoiler

HungryStray wrote:Also, muh Taf. Secondhand.
2017-04-06_06.54.41.jpg

Thanks both for showing me your MM lovelies :nomnom:!
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:Oooh I hope they repeat the MAYsturbation sale from last year :widesmile:

Do you happen to remember exactly what the sale, was? Was it a percentage off or...? *cannot remember* Trying to decide if I want to get a couple things while the DENVER17 code is active, for BD, or if I want to wait and see what EE might offer, in another month or so.

They had a different percentage off of each category of toys everyday; 15% off lifecast base prices on Monday, 16% off high fantasy on Tuesday, etc.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:08 pm

vixenvega wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:Do you happen to remember exactly what the sale, was? Was it a percentage off or...? *cannot remember* Trying to decide if I want to get a couple things while the DENVER17 code is active, for BD, or if I want to wait and see what EE might offer, in another month or so.

They had a different percentage off of each category of toys everyday; 15% off lifecast base prices on Monday, 16% off high fantasy on Tuesday, etc.

Indeed! Only a 5-day sale. Short but sweet and kinda responsible for my EE collection exploding in size lol :excited:
Penetrables comparison: here
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Ah, right-o. Thanks!
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
gooedneighbor

Postby gooedneighbor » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:24 pm

The good news: My FB order came today. I ordered on 3/25, and it arrived at my doorstep on 4/8. Exactly two weeks later. Definitely got lucky in that regard.

kaijuegg.jpg

The bad news: There was a fairly large chunk taken out of the egg. Since I've never ordered any of their eggs before, I'm not sure if this is a flaw in their mold or if something happened while removing it from the mold. It's hard to see in the picture because of the pale color + pearlescence, but it's almost an inch across and pretty noticeable in real life.

eggchunk.jpg

I went ahead and opened it because, based on what others have posted, I don't think trying to deal with their customer service would be worth it. Besides, the silicone is soft enough I doubt I'll even be able to feel it in use. But I am curious if this is normal for their eggs.
nevan

Postby nevan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:33 pm

gooedneighbor wrote:The good news: My FB order came today. I ordered on 3/25, and it arrived at my doorstep on 4/8. Exactly two weeks later. Definitely got lucky in that regard.

kaijuegg.jpg

The bad news: There was a fairly large chunk taken out of the egg. Since I've never ordered any of their eggs before, I'm not sure if this is a flaw in their mold or if something happened while removing it from the mold. It's hard to see in the picture because of the pale color + pearlescence, but it's almost an inch across and pretty noticeable in real life.

eggchunk.jpg

I went ahead and opened it because, based on what others have posted, I don't think trying to deal with their customer service would be worth it. Besides, the silicone is soft enough I doubt I'll even be able to feel it in use. But I am curious if this is normal for their eggs.

I have owned 7 FB Brood eggs total - with and without cords - and NONE of them had flaws like that. Seams sure, but not a sizeable chunk missing. :unamused:
Dreaming Heart

Postby Dreaming Heart » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:59 pm

So I thought I wasn't going to be buying any more toys for a while, since I have close to ZERO privacy in this house and haven't been able to toy even ONCE since moving here, but I had a lapse in self-restraint this morning and ended up making a purchase from Frisky Beast. :eyeroll:

The Garden Party eggs were too pretty for me to pass up, and I figured I should add on an actual toy to make shipping worth it, so I got a small Spino in the "Leatherback" color, and a sticker (which will look good on the purple footlocker I keep my toys in!). All together, it cost me $88.50, including shipping. I actually think that's a REALLY nice deal, especially since I ordered a split-fade color. A similar order from BD would've put me in at well over $100 for the toy alone.

► Show Spoiler
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
gooedneighbor

Postby gooedneighbor » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:18 pm

nevan wrote:
gooedneighbor wrote:The good news: My FB order came today. I ordered on 3/25, and it arrived at my doorstep on 4/8. Exactly two weeks later. Definitely got lucky in that regard.

kaijuegg.jpg

eggchunk.jpg

I have owned 7 FB Brood eggs total - with and without cords - and NONE of them had flaws like that. Seams sure, but not a sizeable chunk missing. :unamused:

Well, I guess it's good to know that their quality is usually better, at least. Though it's still not worth it to me to complain over a $10 egg and potentially wait months for a replacement/refund. (It'd be a different story if it had been an $80 dildo.)
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Dreaming Heart wrote:The Garden Party eggs were too pretty for me to pass up, and I figured I should add on an actual toy to make shipping worth it, so I got a small Spino in the "Leatherback" color, and a sticker (which will look good on the purple footlocker I keep my toys in!). All together, it cost me $88.50, including shipping. I actually think that's a REALLY nice deal, especially since I ordered a split-fade color. A similar order from BD would've put me in at well over $100 for the toy alone.

► Show Spoiler

Good choice :widesmile:. The Garden Party Eggs photos are so pretty! Frisky-Beast takes average of 2 - 6 months for custom orders. I've heard of ones taking over a year so :mystery:.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Dreaming Heart

Postby Dreaming Heart » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:41 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Good choice :widesmile:. The Garden Party Eggs photos are so pretty! Frisky-Beast takes average of 2 - 6 months for custom orders. I've heard of ones taking over a year so :mystery:.

Thanks! ;w; They really are, I can't wait to have mine in person! The eggs make such nice little stress-relievers. :'D I like keeping them displayed in a little bowl on my dresser around Easter time, too. ;w;

Their times really seem to be all over the place (though it seems like it's gotten better in the past year or so? for the most part? maybe?). My previous order from them got to me in under a month, actually (I want to say a little over 3 weeks?)! It was a custom Hyaenodon in "Ursa Major," plus the aforementioned 6 sample eggs, so definitely not bad timing at all! I think it all depends on....I'm not sure what, exactly. Something as of yet undetermined. :mystery:
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
L_eather

Postby L_eather » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:07 pm

TTC just posted a new super pretty color on their tumblr ahhhh so excited.

When I asked them about a metallic blue color for my Cortez's shaft, they actually suggested that exact color, but didn't tell me what its name was or that it would be exclusive to Atlas. I feel super special now lol.

If anyone's curious about what it looks like in non-studio light, I'll be posting pics of my Cortez custom when I get the lovely thing. Once it completes its shipping journey, ha.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:18 pm

L_eather wrote:TTC just posted a new super pretty color on their tumblr ahhhh so excited.

When I asked them about a metallic blue color for my Cortez's shaft, they actually suggested that exact color, but didn't tell me what its name was or that it would be exclusive to Atlas. I feel super special now lol.

If anyone's curious about what it looks like in non-studio light, I'll be posting pics of my Cortez custom when I get the lovely thing. Once it completes its shipping journey, ha.

Ooooo!
Do they have a gallery of their standard colors?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Nixy Neon

Postby Nixy Neon » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:57 pm

Kind of odd request, but can someone who's got a laughing dragon post a picture of the top of the head for comparison? I just got mine in and while I'm absolutely in love with it, the grooves where the head meets the shaft look kind of... off to me. I want to see if its just the way the model is before contacting Ashes about it.
I know it might be a little hard to tell, but there's some little beads of silicon on them, as well as where the grooves aren't fully cut.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Nixy Neon wrote:Kind of odd request, but can someone who's got a laughing dragon post a picture of the top of the head for comparison? I just got mine in and while I'm absolutely in love with it, the grooves where the head meets the shaft look kind of... off to me. I want to see if its just the way the model is before contacting Ashes about it.
I know it might be a little hard to tell, but there's some little beads of silicon on them, as well as where the grooves aren't fully cut.

Mine looks very similar to that. I assumed it was part of the model.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Nixy Neon

Postby Nixy Neon » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Nixy Neon wrote:Kind of odd request, but can someone who's got a laughing dragon post a picture of the top of the head for comparison? I just got mine in and while I'm absolutely in love with it, the grooves where the head meets the shaft look kind of... off to me. I want to see if its just the way the model is before contacting Ashes about it.

Mine looks very similar to that. I assumed it was part of the model.

Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to see if this happened with anyone else's since you can't see that part in the sample photos.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:04 pm

This is what mine looks like:

LD.jpg
LD.jpg (38.09 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:54 am

that's about what mine looks like
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
QueenCheetah93

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:50 am

TTC sent me an approval pic this morning of my Dante! The colors are perfect for the character I'm copying- down to the perfect bright yellow! The shaft is a darker void black, which has the richness I wanted while still having that delectable purple sheen! Excited to get this!

My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler

Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler
Watervixen

Postby Watervixen » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:57 am

Who makes laughing dragon?
:smilenox: You can never have too many Bad Dragon! :widesmile:
72 toys
Top favs atm out of 54 types :excited:
► Show Spoiler
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:59 am

Watervixen wrote:Who makes laughing dragon?

Kudu Voodoo on Etsy.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée

Return to “General Discussion”