Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Sabbath

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Sabbath » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:30 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
Sabbath wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:
Yeah, it's hard, especially when there's so many AMAZING pics of such awesome, complex surprises... I'm sure there are a lot of "okay" or "meh" surprises that don't get pics posted of them, but still, it's just a bit frustrating. :(

Especially because I ordered three? Seems like there'd be greater odds for me to get something fantastic! But there's just a lot of things I feel like could have been done differently, I guess? And there's not a lot of models from EE I want (or are in my size range), so I feel like I don't have too many chances to try, if that makes sense?

This is my second mini reptilian because my custom is too firm, and while I'd like to try again with new inspiration if I like the Wraith and Orc, I don't know if I can feel comfortable with the cost. I dunno... Argh!!

Maybe I'm just being too picky and I need to relax + learn to be grateful.

D: That is the most beautiful reptilian, so jelly!

Thank you! It is pretty, how it has those swirls of white and some purple mixed it, and it's so shiny! But the more I look at it, the more I feel like it's not "me"... If that makes sense and isn't weird? Haha.

Last night as I was trying to sleep, I was thinking maybe I should try to sell it and retry, but this time send a more me colored inspiration (pink, purple, more whimsical and romantic)... But I don't know how well selling it would work out. Ugh.

I would buy your blue reptilian, if you wanted to sell it to get the money for the new one. -winkwonk-
Manatease

Postby Manatease » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:46 pm

I really love the blue reptilian, I think it looks pretty darn good :3
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Sabbath wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:
Sabbath wrote:

D: That is the most beautiful reptilian, so jelly!

Thank you! It is pretty, how it has those swirls of white and some purple mixed it, and it's so shiny! But the more I look at it, the more I feel like it's not "me"... If that makes sense and isn't weird? Haha.

Last night as I was trying to sleep, I was thinking maybe I should try to sell it and retry, but this time send a more me colored inspiration (pink, purple, more whimsical and romantic)... But I don't know how well selling it would work out. Ugh.

I would buy your blue reptilian, if you wanted to sell it to get the money for the new one. -winkwonk-

I was actually kind of think I might want to... And maybe get a new Wraith, too, haha. I'll PM you when I get a chance!

Manatease wrote:I really love the blue reptilian, I think it looks pretty darn good :3

Thank you!!
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Futa Princess

Postby Futa Princess » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:06 am

My Mini Kass Cortez is on its way, I wonder what he's gonna look like :excited: (I didn't get sent pics, I guess surprise mes don't get sent any pics?)
❤ Female ❤ Taken ❤ Hetro boreing I know.. ^^; ❤ gamer ❤ nature lover ❤ agnostic ❤ bara lover

Lơ͘͞o͜k͞ ͘͝a̢̕t̕͏ ҉͜t̷̨͞h̛e̕͝ c̶l̵̕ow̡͢n̡.̨
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:19 am

Futa Princess wrote:My Mini Kass Cortez is on its way, I wonder what he's gonna look like :excited: (I didn't get sent pics, I guess surprise mes don't get sent any pics?)

I asked for pics and they have send me pics, but I guess it's something you have to request when ordering :3

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=32438&p=1229477#p1229477
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm

FB's radio silence is starting to worry me just a little bit. They haven't been this quiet for a LONG time. Their last tweet was on June 15th. I wonder if they've pulled the plug. O_o
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:37 pm

HungryStray wrote:FB's radio silence is starting to worry me just a little bit. They haven't been this quiet for a LONG time. Their last tweet was on June 15th. I wonder if they've pulled the plug. O_o

Huh!

I wonder if we should keep an eye out for their designs/molds being sold
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:48 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
HungryStray wrote:FB's radio silence is starting to worry me just a little bit. They haven't been this quiet for a LONG time. Their last tweet was on June 15th. I wonder if they've pulled the plug. O_o

Huh!

It's weird to think of a store closing after being around for so long, especially a 'brand name' one. How many people are still waiting on orders here?

(I do have to say, I would have thought there would at least be some kind of post if they were closing. FB seems to lean on the less-present side, but gone so much to not even say they're leaving?)
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:51 pm

I really don't think we have reason to believe Frisky Beast is closing. Being bad at communication is typical for them. Perhaps their communication is worse than usual at the moment, but saying they're closing is jumping to conclusions.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Roverseer2 wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:

Huh!

It's weird to think of a store closing after being around for so long, especially a 'brand name' one. How many people are still waiting on orders here?

(I do have to say, I would have thought there would at least be some kind of post if they were closing. FB seems to lean on the less-present side, but gone so much to not even say they're leaving?)

It's anyone guess. They may also be going through some real life situations but even then, they've always been pretty forward about instances like those. I've got an order with them at the moment and it sounds like some others haven't gotten responses to their tickets. I got a reply before the beginning of July but nothing since then. I'm more puzzled than anything else at the moment.

Squirrelmunk wrote:I really don't think we have reason to believe Frisky Beast is closing. Being bad at communication is typical for them. Perhaps their communication is worse than usual at the moment, but saying they're closing is jumping to conclusions.

Being bad at communication is a little bit different than being AWOL on all tied social media. I scrolled downwards a ways to see on average when they tweet (Twitter is their most updated) and they've been pretty consistent on posting something about once a week since at least October of last year, up until this month. Also, I didn't say they were closing, I merely said that I wondered.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
FoxyCatZaam

Postby FoxyCatZaam » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:30 pm

I do wonder what's going on with FB, their twitter has a post back on May 13 saying Theropod was away with medical reasons 'for a couple of weeks'. Perhaps it has turned into something longer term. I hope Theropod is okay.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 am

HungryStray wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Huh!

It's anyone guess. They may also be going through some real life situations but even then, they've always been pretty forward about instances like those. I've got an order with them at the moment and it sounds like some others haven't gotten responses to their tickets. I got a reply before the beginning of July but nothing since then. I'm more puzzled than anything else at the moment.

Squirrelmunk wrote:I really don't think we have reason to believe Frisky Beast is closing. Being bad at communication is typical for them. Perhaps their communication is worse than usual at the moment, but saying they're closing is jumping to conclusions.

Being bad at communication is a little bit different than being AWOL on all tied social media. I scrolled downwards a ways to see on average when they tweet (Twitter is their most updated) and they've been pretty consistent on posting something about once a week since at least October of last year, up until this month. Also, I didn't say they were closing, I merely said that I wondered.

Yesterday, I saw someone on the BD subreddit say their FB order got marked as shipped so I guess they are still here, they just didn't feel like updating their social medias.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:09 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:

Yesterday, I saw someone on the BD subreddit say their FB order got marked as shipped so I guess they are still here, they just didn't feel like updating their social medias.

Nice! Say, does BD subreddit get a lot of traffic?

thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:58 am

HungryStray wrote:Nice! Say, does BD subreddit get a lot of traffic?

A bit but it's not excessive. I check it only once in a while and that is enough to keep track of it. It's mostly asking advices, in-use pics/videos and WTT/S/B posts from the few times I was on it.
marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:

that'd be because that guy got banned from the forums here. he had kind of a History. i'm surprised FB let him order from them again, but i'm still mildly curious as to whether he actually gets his order- my packages from them always seemed to get misdirected to another state before arriving, and a friend of mine said hers ended up in hawaii before getting rerouted back to her in the contiguous states.

i just sent in a paypal dispute with FB after 5 months of waiting for my last order. my tickets asking for refunds have been ignored, and i'm just Tired. i've saved all my tickets just in case paypal has any interest in seeing evidence that they've been neglectful. i'm Tired of being told it'll be two more weeks when it's almost been half a year now.

they have an addition to their FAQ saying that people who open paypal disputes instead of trying to settle via ticket are not allowed to order from them again, but if they don't attempt to respond to tickets, what else can customers do?
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 am

Not only will they never let you order again if you open a dispute to get all your money back but if you try to ticket them for a refund they only give you 80 percent of it back. Seems like a pretty big "fuck you" to people waiting for orders for so long. They claim its a restocking fee but whos to say they even made an attempt at an order that someone wants a refund on.

Why would anyone only want 80 percent of the price they paid back, if a company is just giving them the runaround and ignoring them. Seems pretty manipulative "Either accept we keep some money for keeping you waiting or never order again"

At this point it just seems like people are giving them money to do nothing. It's a really skeezy way to run a business.

Also the thing about a fake tracking number on the paypal disupte... should probably be reported to paypal because thats pretty much literally FRAUD. If they dont shape up I can see them entirely losing their paypal account.
Last edited by Screamy on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
reine

Postby reine » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:38 am

Gosh, all of this stuff about FB makes me really happy that I cancelled one of my 2 orders from them and never tried again. :psyduck:

I ordered a custom Diabloceratops in Light Natural, in-stock sticky paws, and a set of sample eggs back in early October 2015, ticketed in December 2015 to ask how my order was doing, and got a "The eggs and paws are ready, and your Diabloceratops should be poured next week"... But my order just sat there for weeks on end afterwards.

I'd also ordered a custom Black Ice Pocket Snowbird and a pack of Bitty Beasts during their Black Friday 2015 promo, which finally shipped and arrived in February 2016. My Diabloceratops order from October still hadn't gone anywhere, so I just decided to cancel it.

4 months for some in-stocks and a toy in a site colour is a long time to wait. Only got an 80% refund, but better than nothing.

I know it's a tiny company, but their customer service sounds like it's been just horrible lately. Other indie shops run just fine with 1-3 people behind them, so "There are only a couple of people in the shop" is no excuse for failing to answer tickets for months on end and taking 6+ months to ship small, non-detailed orders.

They should at least be forward and say "Custom orders may take up to a year to ship" if they're going to keep on with this. :misc6: Honestly, though, I think they'd be better off closing customs entirely and keeping their store to in-stock toys until they get themselves sorted out. It sounds like their custom business has been kind of dodgy from the beginning.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:43 am

Their customer service has pretty much always been an issue. Back on my first order they "lost or missed" 90 percent of my emails and then only responded when I made a forum account. Even then both my orders took 3 to 4+ months to finish. Usually as time goes on customer service would logically get better but for fb it has been a consistent flatline of progress.
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:52 am

marshmarshmarsh wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:Yesterday, I saw someone on the BD subreddit say their FB order got marked as shipped so I guess they are still here, they just didn't feel like updating their social medias.

that'd be because that guy got banned from the forums here. he had kind of a History. i'm surprised FB let him order from them again, but i'm still mildly curious as to whether he actually gets his order- my packages from them always seemed to get misdirected to another state before arriving, and a friend of mine said hers ended up in hawaii before getting rerouted back to her in the contiguous states.

i just sent in a paypal dispute with FB after 5 months of waiting for my last order. my tickets asking for refunds have been ignored, and i'm just Tired. i've saved all my tickets just in case paypal has any interest in seeing evidence that they've been neglectful. i'm Tired of being told it'll be two more weeks when it's almost been half a year now.

they have an addition to their FAQ saying that people who open paypal disputes instead of trying to settle via ticket are not allowed to order from them again, but if they don't attempt to respond to tickets, what else can customers do?

Oh I'm well aware of his history don't worry. I just used this example because if they shipped out an order recently, it means they are still around despite going MIA on their social media. I can understand being worried that a company, no matter if recent or well known, might have just disappeard when they don't update anything in more than a month, since it already happened before. But if they just shipped something, it means they haven't pull the plug, or at least not yet. But since I asked him about his tracking number and he is sill getting errors, I wonder if this isn't yet another case of "we shipped your order but we actually didn't" or if the tracking is just being really slow to update.

And that rule of "if you open a paypal dispute you'll be banned" is so shady. Do they believe people open disputes for the fun of it ? People love to complain about BD being shady but this is fine ? :eyeroll: Seems manipulative to me.
reine

Postby reine » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:01 am

Screamy wrote:Their customer service has pretty much always been an issue. Back on my first order they "lost or missed" 90 percent of my emails and then only responded when I made a forum account. Even then both my orders took 3 to 4+ months to finish. Usually as time goes on customer service would logically get better but for fb it has been a consistent flatline of progress.

Wow, that's... really something. I've had to PM them on the FB forums a couple of times, too, since ticketing didn't seem to be doing anything. Like, why even bother having a "contact us" email address if you're not going to respond to emails anyway? :mystery:

Sucks that their CS has been less than great since the beginning. I figured they might've just been growing too fast and buckling under their own weight (which still doesn't excuse the stuff they're pulling), but knowing that their CS has always been spotty and they're still trying to expand their models and custom options is... Christ.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.

Return to “General Discussion”