Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Xan

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Xan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Futa Princess wrote:And I'm gonna *** names of people on here (their bd name that is) for now, just in case its against the rules for name dropping.

But back on topic what I wanna know is that since FB is going to TTC...Will BR's old "Orion" finally have a release? I NEED that toy! an uncut knotted humanoid toy.

Hello there folks,

I'm Scritt (AKA Stripe) of TTC,
It's true, I did use a bad word in a private conversation about a year ago, and possibly also in a discord discussion at some point. To anyone who were hurt, I apologize - and I will do what I can to learn from my mistake.

Looking forward, I'm excited to see what the future will bring, and we will be looking to the toy communities for inspiration and feedback in our coming endeavors. We always welcome constructive criticism, and that will be critical for where we steer our current and future projects.

We wish all the toy makers and -enthusiasts alike an amazing Black Friday this year, and we can't wait to slowly unveil our plans for the acquisition.
Peace,
Scritt
Designer of the magnificent Mountain Drake https://forums.bad-dragon.com/download/file.php?id=115536
QueenCheetah93

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:47 pm

FeistyPhoenix wrote:
QueenCheetah93 wrote:Definitely just ordered a dragon hand from PheonixFlame Forge! I'd been considering it strongly since they first announced it, and seeing the couple pours so far.. plus the fact there were only 2 custom spots left on Etsy pushed me into it. Happy birthday to meee.

I don't think we were supposed to add references or anything, but I linked a couple cool reptile colors and patterns that could be inspiration, and also said that I liked blues and purples otherwise. I hope that was alright - I think that gives them ample freedom while giving them a good idea of my likes.

Inspiration images are more than okay, they're encouraged! There's a small note on the listing about inspiration images - I like it when people include those, as it gives me ideas I might not otherwise come up with. :smilenox:

I'm going to have fun with this one! :widesmile:

Ooo I forgot you were on the forums haha! Glad you like my inspiration, and I look forward to seeing what comes from it! <3
My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler

Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Xan wrote:
Futa Princess wrote:And I'm gonna *** names of people on here (their bd name that is) for now, just in case its against the rules for name dropping.

But back on topic what I wanna know is that since FB is going to TTC...Will BR's old "Orion" finally have a release? I NEED that toy! an uncut knotted humanoid toy.

Hello there folks,

I'm Scritt (AKA Stripe) of TTC,
It's true, I did use a bad word in a private conversation about a year ago, and possibly also in a discord discussion at some point. To anyone who were hurt, I apologize - and I will do what I can to learn from my mistake.

Looking forward, I'm excited to see what the future will bring, and we will be looking to the toy communities for inspiration and feedback in our coming endeavors. We always welcome constructive criticism, and that will be critical for where we steer our current and future projects.

We wish all the toy makers and -enthusiasts alike an amazing Black Friday this year, and we can't wait to slowly unveil our plans for the acquisition.
Peace,
Scritt

...'possibly'? Pretty sure you were avidly defending your use of it last night. :eyeroll: You sure didn't seem to listen to constructive criticism until someone put it on a forum.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:19 pm

My EE james just got here and it has a flower pattern on the base!!!!!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Xan wrote:Looking forward, I'm excited to see what the future will bring, and we will be looking to the toy communities for inspiration and feedback in our coming endeavors. We always welcome constructive criticism, and that will be critical for where we steer our current and future projects.

Any possibility of XL's being added in the future?
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:22 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Xan wrote:Looking forward, I'm excited to see what the future will bring, and we will be looking to the toy communities for inspiration and feedback in our coming endeavors. We always welcome constructive criticism, and that will be critical for where we steer our current and future projects.

Any possibility of XL's being added in the future?

Evidently! Not sure if the acquisition of FB has changed anything, but it's something TTC has been working themselves towards.

ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Futa Princess

Postby Futa Princess » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:32 pm

With how thick/big the MINIS are... I get the feeling TTC might Rival BD's XLs (talking about Flint, Crackers, Stan & Xar)

Can't wait to see :smile:

Also hope they get the M.A. set cos I still want a "Darksteel Hurricane" M.A. 2.5 in small
❤ Female ❤ Taken ❤ Hetro boreing I know.. ^^; ❤ gamer ❤ nature lover ❤ agnostic ❤ bara lover

Lơ͘͞o͜k͞ ͘͝a̢̕t̕͏ ҉͜t̷̨͞h̛e̕͝ c̶l̵̕ow̡͢n̡.̨
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Chibity wrote:Evidently! Not sure if the acquisition of FB has changed anything, but it's something TTC has been working themselves towards.

cool thanks. i shall wait and see, my wallet is safe................for now.

i really like their Cortez and the Alto is nice looking as well.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:23 am

What is this beautiful creature called?
QueenCheetah93 wrote:Image
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
griffin-morgenstern

Postby griffin-morgenstern » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 am

Squirrelmunk wrote:What is this beautiful creature called?
QueenCheetah93 wrote:Image

Blue-tongued Skink! Unsure which species, but all the images in google point to Tiliqua scincoides.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:21 am

Chibity wrote:Evidently! Not sure if the acquisition of FB has changed anything, but it's something TTC has been working themselves towards.

I have such little faith that they're actually going to produce XL toys at the end of the year, which is a shame considering they've been leading it on for almost over a YEAR now.

November 22nd 2016 was the first time they announced wanting to make XL's and other people expressed interests in it.

Then they made a teaser February 16 2017 saying that an XL Cortez was coming soon
https://twintailtoys.tumblr.com/post/15 ... -making-an

And then no updates until people messaged in April of this year asking about them, saying that after the release of their new toy they'll be out soon. And then that changed to before the end of the year, all of them will have XL's. And then in your one screenshot September of this year they said no XL's yet, a mini and a large. I've talked to TTC myself and it seems to me like they have no idea what sizes to make the XL's, which is weird since many people gave their inputs on what type of sizes they would like to see.

I know it's still not the end of the year, but with Black Friday, the Holidays, and the acquisition of FB I have very small doubts of them fulfilling the promise. They've given no updates on the progress of XL's and continue to push what they say later and later. Whenever they teased an XL cortez "soon" I had my wallet ready, only for it to continue to be pushed at a further date and be back logged by other things. I would have rather them not tease them at all considering they first announced interest a YEAR ago and have given no updates. It feels shitty to be strung along with zero updates on what is going on and feel like the promises you were made by the company were quietly shafted.
Slippery-When-Wet

Postby Slippery-When-Wet » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Gah TTC and FB need to hurry up and make an official announcement! I'm getting real worried old orders won't be fulfilled :sniffing:
ImageImage
kailenx

Postby kailenx » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Slippery-When-Wet wrote:Gah TTC and FB need to hurry up and make an official announcement! I'm getting real worried old orders won't be fulfilled :sniffing:

TTC just posted on their tumblr that the Kaiju is gonna be the first one up, soon. Not much info other than that, though.
https://twintailtoys.tumblr.com/post/16 ... map-step-1
Shy, but happy to chat!
Barghest

Postby Barghest » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm really excited about this thing that's going on with TTC and FB! :bugeyed: I've heard they're getting the Kaiju models first?? I reallyyyy want a medium Croxic! Fingers crossed.

KnotyDes wrote:Ok so my Seahorse arrived today... :words:

This makes me so excited to get my Seahorse! Those textures look amazing.

Also, it's worth keeping an eye on Mr Hankey's Toys over the next week if you like their fantasy offerings... Just wait. :wink:
Slippery-When-Wet

Postby Slippery-When-Wet » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:52 pm

kailenx wrote:
Slippery-When-Wet wrote:Gah TTC and FB need to hurry up and make an official announcement! I'm getting real worried old orders won't be fulfilled :sniffing:

TTC just posted on their tumblr that the Kaiju is gonna be the first one up, soon. Not much info other than that, though.
https://twintailtoys.tumblr.com/post/16 ... map-step-1

Yeah, that's what's got me worried. I feel like they'll just be acquiring FB's models and old orders will be lost in the fray. I mean, it's great that we can finally order the models again! It would just suck to lose so much money after already paying for them.
ImageImage
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:I have such little faith that they're actually going to produce XL toys at the end of the year, which is a shame considering they've been leading it on for almost over a YEAR now.

To be fair, they aren't the only ones leading us on about bigger toys :stick:

I'm getting antsy for XenoCat Artifact's larger models

Penetrables comparison: here
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:I have such little faith that they're actually going to produce XL toys at the end of the year, which is a shame considering they've been leading it on for almost over a YEAR now.

To be fair, they aren't the only ones leading us on about bigger toys :stick:

I'm getting antsy for XenoCat Artifact's larger models

The difference is xenocat has been great about updates and also has taken feedback and posted pics of printed molds. Scritt said today in the discord channel, backing down again that they’ll make an xl cortez and MAYBE a mocha, when he said in that one post “plans for xls in all sizes” and they haven’t made it because they need more “research”.

I know one of the main things people say is to express interest and talk to makers, I’ve talked to scritt publicly and privately about my ideas and preferences as well as others multiple times, so to imply they don’t know what people want and are researching is pretty shitty. He shouldn’t have said anything at all if he never wanted to do it in the first place rather than giving answers and promises all over the place. He also shouldn’t tout the company as being open to everyone and suggestions if the input of myself and many others isn’t enough :/
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Can't wait to try that one toy btw~

Also I'm so tempted to get a larger dragons hand in....a solid gold color *SWEATS*

Perhaps an orangey shade of gold? Just a guess ;)

hehe nope, surprisingly ;)
though omg it would make a great hand for semi-corrupted jasper hhhhh
just want it
GIANT
and
GOLD
(or lemon yellow huehue)

ahahahaha I figured it was a good guess

Regarding the XL's taking longer than originally promised to hit the market, I'm disappointed too, but they're not the first company out there to be overly optimistic on timelines. It's just as well for me, because my wishlist is long enough already...
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
guiltysin

Postby guiltysin » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Frisky Beast just posted their announcement about the TTC purchase:

Hey there folks,
Some of you may have already heard, as of November 1st, Frisky Beast Enterprises has been acquired by Twin Tail Creations. I’m sure you have a lot of questions regarding this change, so first I’ll try to answer a few of the obvious ones to the best of my ability.

To start off, all existing orders will be completed. Having a finish line in sight makes this a bit easier for us to organize and work through, and we are expecting to have the last of the old orders out no later than the first of the year. If this expected time-frame changes, you will be notified. The original Frisky Beast website will be in a limited color mode while certain models make their exit to the TTC shop, starting with the Kaiju Island lineup. A new Frisky Beast storefront under TTC ownership will be made, where certain FB original items will remain until further notice.

Next, you may be curious as to what lead to this decision. Honestly, I’m not at all fond of discussing personal matters on a public platform such as this, but I will do my best to summarize. I apologize for the confusion my silence may have caused during this time.

Early in 2017, a health issue that I put on the backburner for years pushed itself to the forefront of my daily life. I worked through it and made adjustments where possible to accommodate. The good days allowed us to make progress and catch up, but the bad put us behind again. The longer the issue went on, the worse it became, and after several months the really bad days outnumbered the good ones. Production (along with my mental health) suffered as a result, and soon ‘manageable backlog’ became overwhelming.

At the advice of my doctor, my partner and my staff, we made the decision to begin stepping back, and start looking for someone to take over the company. We screened a number of potential candidates, trying to find someone who had the experience, the work space, and the drive to conquer this enormous task. We also wanted to find someone who we were confident would correct issues we never managed to overcome.

The interviews lasted til early fall, and after careful consideration, we decided to offer the company to Twin Tail Creations. They have proven their ability to produce and deliver a quality product in a reasonable amount of time, and we feel comfortable leaving our creations in their hands. Frisky Beast Enterprises is extremely grateful to them for stepping up to this task, and by extension, granting me the much needed time to focus on my health for awhile. I will still be around behind the scenes on staff, but I will be no longer holding the reins.

I want to say how much I appreciate the patronage and patience you’ve given me over the past four years. I am truly sorry for the order issues and long wait times that prolonging this choice has caused, and the effects it has had on you all as customers and community members. I sincerely believe you all will be happier with the coming changes, and I hope that those turned away from our products by the actions of the past will now be able to get the toys they’ve always wanted.

Thanks for everything,
Theropod

http://frisky-beast.tumblr.com/post/167 ... nouncement

I'm a bit relieved that they're going to complete the existing orders and not just toss them to the wind, but I also wonder... will they be receiving help? Because if the issues that caused them to sell in the first place are that bad, I can't imagine trying to complete all existing backlog orders before January 1st would be very manageable.
Guilty // A secretive marshmallow! /// Aromantic-Asexual /// Just likes pretties and solo sensations
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

I MAAAAAAY have snagged the last slot for the PFF's Dragon Hand (Elva) and I am pretty excited! I got a Super Special mystery and am so excited to see how it turns out and I can't wait to see what she comes up with! :widesmile:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends

Return to “General Discussion”