Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Fae Fantase

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Fae Fantase » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns"[/quote]
It happens... I felt the same way about my last deluxe surprise I got from EE. I mean with them increasing the price substantially, it was disappointing to receive a toy that was just "meh". Especially when I constantly see so many amazing pours from them, it's quite rare to see a bad one. I still haven't opened it tbh lol... but I've been too lazy to sell it either.[/quote]
So very sorry that happened..EE's expensive then raised their prices :doh:.

[quote="tanner93 wrote:
That's terrible. I'm sorry it happened to you. Can you post a picture of it?

Thanks. The black's metallic/sparkly, the colors pop nicely. Yet for me that's all it's truly got going for it. Two sides of it really gutted it more for me =^(. Tbh I wouldn't have been as big let down if their website/purchase page wasn't working incorrectly.
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:10 am

Got my TTC black friday order. Unfortunately both suction cups on small Dante and medium Atlas don’t work :unamused:
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:29 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:Got my TTC black friday order. Unfortunately both suction cups on small Dante and medium Atlas don’t work :unamused:

Photos?? :psyduck:
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:34 am

Slaanesh wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:Got my TTC black friday order. Unfortunately both suction cups on small Dante and medium Atlas don’t work :unamused:

Photos of the toys ? They are just in void black so it’s nothing new. I don’t know how I could take pictures of the suction cups not working :widesmile: the only thing my Dante kind of stuck to was the back of my tablet lol.
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:47 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Slaanesh wrote:

Photos of the toys ? They are just in void black so it’s nothing new. I don’t know how I could take pictures of the suction cups not working :widesmile: the only thing my Dante kind of stuck to was the back of my tablet lol.

Are the cups uneven or something so they won't stick?
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:03 am

Slaanesh wrote:Are the cups uneven or something so they won't stick?

I can’t see anything wrong with the SC as they stand. I don’t have anything to compare them with though, as I never saw SC on toys with balls before. All my other toys with SC have round bases. Anyone else with a suction cupped Dante or Atlas can chime in on how sturdy the suction is ? Otherwise I would just put that on the shape of the base, since that’s why BD said they don’t offer it on toys with balls.
79DDBFE1-DD87-4F9F-8B7F-16D0B4258FB8.jpeg
Xan

Postby Xan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:44 am

That's unfortunate. If anything's the matter, you should send in a ticket. I'm sure there's a worthwhile solution to be found!
Designer of the magnificent Mountain Drake https://forums.bad-dragon.com/download/file.php?id=115536
WhiteWulfe

Postby WhiteWulfe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:00 am

For my small Dante (who was poured in soft) he doesn't really stick all that well until you apply him to a somewhat wet and smooth surface (like a wall tile in the shower) and then he holds fairly well - kind of have to do this top to bottom rolling motion when you put him on too.

Compared to my Alto, where gravity (and like thirty minutes sitting on the table) alone will give him enough power to almost be able to lift a LACK table from ikea o_O
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:16 am

Thanks, Xan. I had plan to do that only to let you guys know but didn't expect an answer since a suction cup is $5 and the toys themselves are fine.

Interesting, I should try that, WhiteWulfe. I did try the shower tile with no luck but it was dry. Since I need to take my shower anyway I can try again at that moment. I guess it really just is the shape of the base :mystery:
roseypearl

Postby roseypearl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:24 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Slaanesh wrote:Are the cups uneven or something so they won't stick?

I can’t see anything wrong with the SC as they stand. I don’t have anything to compare them with though, as I never saw SC on toys with balls before. All my other toys with SC have round bases. Anyone else with a suction cupped Dante or Atlas can chime in on how sturdy the suction is ? Otherwise I would just put that on the shape of the base, since that’s why BD said they don’t offer it on toys with balls.

I have a small Dante and a medium dante, and while I don't have anything to compare them to (they're the only toys I have with SC) they don't work very well. I also chalk it up to the fact that it's because they have balls, and not any defect in the SC themselves
Squishysquishy

Postby Squishysquishy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:08 am

lovelyscales wrote:When my custom mini TTC Jake was shipped I couldn't have been more excited. Now he's here I couldn't be more disappointed :unamused:. I got a toy the second it dropped. Surprise, cart malfunction! CS was great and kind. I really feel like whoever poured it only looked at the colors not the real inspiration. This is not the sorta pour I'd ever expect to see from TTC. It's not the worst pour/marble in the world. Yet by far the most disappointing TTC pour I've ever seen. Hope someone finds it pretty. I don't even want to open it to try it :doh:. Real sure I'll never order a custom again from TTC. My first custom TTC custom's such a very large disappointment. After already getting screwed because they didn't set up their systems properly is extra acidity in those wounds.

That sucks! Would really like to see it if you can post pics.

Yeah, not super impressed with TTC right now. I wanted to order a custom Jake from them quite a while back. Spoke with CS, they were awesome, very responsive, sometimes within minutes. Then, when we were settled on colors and patterns and whatnot and I was ready to purchase they just... stopped responding. Like at all. Never heard from them again, never received any answers to my questions about where they went. That was over a month ago, and it really turned me off of them for the time being. T-T
Villie

Postby Villie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:41 am

Squishysquishy wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:When my custom mini TTC Jake was shipped I couldn't have been more excited. Now he's here I couldn't be more disappointed :unamused:. I got a toy the second it dropped. Surprise, cart malfunction! CS was great and kind. I really feel like whoever poured it only looked at the colors not the real inspiration. This is not the sorta pour I'd ever expect to see from TTC. It's not the worst pour/marble in the world. Yet by far the most disappointing TTC pour I've ever seen. Hope someone finds it pretty. I don't even want to open it to try it :doh:. Real sure I'll never order a custom again from TTC. My first custom TTC custom's such a very large disappointment. After already getting screwed because they didn't set up their systems properly is extra acidity in those wounds.

That sucks! Would really like to see it if you can post pics.

Yeah, not super impressed with TTC right now. I wanted to order a custom Jake from them quite a while back. Spoke with CS, they were awesome, very responsive, sometimes within minutes. Then, when we were settled on colors and patterns and whatnot and I was ready to purchase they just... stopped responding. Like at all. Never heard from them again, never received any answers to my questions about where they went. That was over a month ago, and it really turned me off of them for the time being. T-T

Is it possible a response ended up in your spam mail? And have you ever tried responding to the ticket email again?

I've had this happen with E-E, apparently they never got one of my responses so I had to email again asking if they got it for them to finally respond.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Villie

Postby Villie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:43 am

lovelyscales wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns"

It happens... I felt the same way about my last deluxe surprise I got from EE. I mean with them increasing the price substantially, it was disappointing to receive a toy that was just "meh". Especially when I constantly see so many amazing pours from them, it's quite rare to see a bad one. I still haven't opened it tbh lol... but I've been too lazy to sell it either.[/quote]
So very sorry that happened..EE's expensive then raised their prices :doh:.

[quote="tanner93 wrote:That's terrible. I'm sorry it happened to you. Can you post a picture of it?

Thanks. The black's metallic/sparkly, the colors pop nicely. Yet for me that's all it's truly got going for it. Two sides of it really gutted it more for me =-(. Tbh I wouldn't have been as
big let down if their website/purchase page wasn't working incorrectly.
I'll have selling photos on Dragon Hoard some time. Don't really wish to look at it again rn. It's the worst when compared to photos of the one site dropped as I was paying for 'im.[/quote]
What's the image of the toy they were making it based off of?

I mean, it's possible they didn't want it to look too much like a replica of the original toy, so the person who did get it wouldn't feel upset that their purchase wasn't as unique or somethin.

I can't even begin to imagine what this awful toy could look like, and I'm very curious :psyduck:
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Xan

Postby Xan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:56 am

Squishysquishy wrote: I was ready to purchase they just... stopped responding.

It appears we misplaced your email. This has happened only once before, and we take full blame.
If anyone has any questions or concerns, we always welcome sending a note through the contact form. This includes if you think your support ticket may be lost, or if you feel like your experience could be better.

Mistakes are inevitable in a high volume market, but if you share your concern with us, we'll have a chance of to identify where to focus our effort and find a worthwhile solution for you! With your feedback, we can strive for ongoing improvement. :excited:
Designer of the magnificent Mountain Drake https://forums.bad-dragon.com/download/file.php?id=115536
Squishysquishy

Postby Squishysquishy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Xan wrote:
Squishysquishy wrote: I was ready to purchase they just... stopped responding.

It appears we misplaced your email. This has happened only once before, and we take full blame.

Thanks for the response. Guess I'm just lucky. :sniffing:

Regardless I think I'll be holding off on customs in the future, although I will keep an eye open for fanciful stock drops.
jeffjeff99

Postby jeffjeff99 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:15 pm

hey guys can you help me out
has someone here ordered from Knotme?
how are they quality wise?
clyde has realy caught my interest but i dont know if i should buy him or a second hand chance
Xan

Postby Xan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Also really debating if I wanna try a custom or go full surprise mode. I can't think of anything for him myself. hmmm...

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask. I would suggest a website contact note or social media.
Drazard

Postby Drazard » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:48 pm

jeffjeff99 wrote:hey guys can you help me out
has someone here ordered from Knotme?
how are they quality wise?
clyde has realy caught my interest but i dont know if i should buy him or a second hand chance

I ordered from them around midway through last year. Their customer service was really good, very responsive and helpful when I emailed with a colour request. The toy itself (a Space Cat, in my case) was good quality, with a matte surface finish and no visible flaws. The only thing that was a bit off was their colour matching (they gave me a purple significantly lighter than I'd requested and shown on the template I'd shown them) and the fact that a bit of the red from the shaft had spotted onto the rim of the sheath. Altogether, though, the toy and overall order were very good - would recommend!

(Also, when I ordered from them, the 'soft' firmness they were offering was a touch firmer than BD's medium - might be worth inquiring about if firmness is an important factor for you!)
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:50 pm

My XXL Boss Hogg is gorgeous. I just got the stock tan color because I wanted the realism and it looks good! Mostly smooth and nice and fat. The surface does feel kind of like skin, overall it's very lifelike.

I got the 75% soft firmness and I based on squeezing my BD toys I think it's softer than medium but firmer than soft. It feels really nice to the touch.

They gave me a coupon for the "long wait" (for all my bitching and moaning in the waiting syndrome thread, all things considered it was a very short wait) so it looks like I'll be buying my best to from them sooner rather than later.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Tempest wrote:My XXL Boss Hogg is gorgeous. I just got the stock tan color because I wanted the realism and it looks good! Mostly smooth and nice and fat. The surface does feel kind of like skin, overall it's very lifelike.

Good luck and enjoy :smile:
My collection
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”