Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Watervixen

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Watervixen » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:03 am

blushingkitten wrote:
Watervixen wrote:Who makes laughing dragon?

Kudu Voodoo on Etsy.

Thank you. :laugh:
:smilenox: You can never have too many Bad Dragon! :widesmile:
72 toys
Top favs atm out of 54 types :excited:
► Show Spoiler
L_eather

Postby L_eather » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:37 am

lizardbreath wrote:
L_eather wrote:TTC just posted a new super pretty color on their tumblr ahhhh so excited.

When I asked them about a metallic blue color for my Cortez's shaft, they actually suggested that exact color, but didn't tell me what its name was or that it would be exclusive to Atlas. I feel super special now lol.

If anyone's curious about what it looks like in non-studio light, I'll be posting pics of my Cortez custom when I get the lovely thing. Once it completes its shipping journey, ha.

Ooooo!
Do they have a gallery of their standard colors?

Hmm, I don't think so, but you can ask?

I know that, for me, I ordered a split custom and put in the notes "something dark metallic blue for the shaft," and then they emailed me. They sent me the same pic of the base bottom when they asked if that's the kind of metallic blue I was looking for. :widesmile:

Now that you mention it, I don't think they have a good pic of their really cool void black color on their site, either?
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:52 am

L_eather wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
L_eather wrote:TTC just posted a new super pretty color on their tumblr ahhhh so excited.

When I asked them about a metallic blue color for my Cortez's shaft, they actually suggested that exact color, but didn't tell me what its name was or that it would be exclusive to Atlas. I feel super special now lol.

If anyone's curious about what it looks like in non-studio light, I'll be posting pics of my Cortez custom when I get the lovely thing. Once it completes its shipping journey, ha.

Ooooo!
Do they have a gallery of their standard colors?

Hmm, I don't think so, but you can ask?

I know that, for me, I ordered a split custom and put in the notes "something dark metallic blue for the shaft," and then they emailed me. They sent me the same pic of the base bottom when they asked if that's the kind of metallic blue I was looking for. :widesmile:

Now that you mention it, I don't think they have a good pic of their really cool void black color on their site, either?

It'd be so nice if they'd set up a colour gallery and a better colour picker on their regular custom buy page. I'm considering a Mocha or the tentacle they say they're coming out with soon, especially now they've fixed up their shipping charges so it's not $50 for me, but the site makes it hard to see the amazing stuff I know they can do. I know a few companies do have the same kind of system where you pick from a simpler list but can ticket for the good stuff, but it's not my preferred deal.

That said, I think their fades are amazing and I'm pumped they're doing highlights too. Custom highlights are a big want for me.
WhiteWulfe

Postby WhiteWulfe » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:02 am

QueenCheetah93 wrote:TTC sent me an approval pic this morning of my Dante! The colors are perfect for the character I'm copying- down to the perfect bright yellow! The shaft is a darker void black, which has the richness I wanted while still having that delectable purple sheen! Excited to get this!

Ohhh my, now I'm definitely excited about the idea of ordering a medium with a void black length and either a "cookies and cream" colouration, the root beer orange they did for me, or even their orange for the balls and sheath...

Yours is oh so gorgeous!
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:48 pm

QueenCheetah93 wrote:TTC sent me an approval pic this morning of my Dante! The colors are perfect for the character I'm copying- down to the perfect bright yellow! The shaft is a darker void black, which has the richness I wanted while still having that delectable purple sheen! Excited to get this!

Ohh, that looks so great! Such a vivid yellow, I imagine it's going to look like such an awesome contrast in real life!
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:30 pm

I was 'bad' and picked up this fizzle from TTC:

Small Dante in Soft; it might be a little big for me but hopefully the soft silicone will make it a bit easier to train! :liplick:
It was flopped for a 'stray bit removed from shaft', and I couldn't really see it? Still expecting to when it comes in. Looks like a fizzled 'rootbeer custom' attempt- and I was really wondering what that color would look like in person!
Laz

Postby Laz » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:40 pm

I'm currently waiting on these two, from Blue Ritual and Twin Tail respectively. Especially excited for the Draco, I've been SO into BR lately.

il_570xN.1169028824_fvir-1200x1352.jpg
inv-30-1600x1067.jpg

The Dante especially seems to be taking forever. It was stuck in Montreal, almost on the other side of the country, all week. :sniffing: I'm sure they'll both be worth the wait though!
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:57 pm

Laz wrote:I'm currently waiting on these two, from Blue Ritual and Twin Tail respectively. Especially excited for the Draco, I've been SO into BR lately.

inv-30-1600x1067.jpg

The Dante especially seems to be taking forever. It was stuck in Montreal, almost on the other side of the country, all week. :sniffing: I'm sure they'll both be worth the wait though!

That Draco is one of the prettiest I've seen, the gilded marble look is really lovely and it must be difficult to get those little black wisps consistent. I hope both get to you soon!
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:15 am

Damn Average drop. A few amazing beauties already sold.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:58 am

lovelyscales wrote:Damn Average drop. A few amazing beauties already sold.

Not surprised that Ministang went so quickly, but there's still some really nice stuff up. Lots of softs and super softs for those looking for that.

IMG_0597.JPG

Seems like Sheep is less fond of this Jav than I am. To me it looks ancient, like a piece of verdigrised copper and tarnished bronze, which I think is a really cool aesthetic, and I'd consider buying if I didn't know super soft isn't my jam.
Yak

Postby Yak » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 am

"Seems like Sheep is less fond of this Jav than I am. To me it looks ancient, like a piece of verdigrised copper and tarnished bronze, which I think is a really cool aesthetic, and I'd consider buying if I didn't know super soft isn't my jam."

I feel pretty much the same way about this Jav
Toys for sale in my profile.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:26 am

This jackal straight up reminds me of the Egyptian god Horus. Even the way the way the metallic sits makes me think of feathers.
► Show Spoiler
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Syntyth

Postby Syntyth » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:03 am

I'm genuinely shocked nobody pounced on this Orc before I got a chance to buy him. The colors and the marbling are absolutely stunning, imo.

► Show Spoiler
Toys I own are listed in my profile.

WTB (BD): specific models in Aurora ~ will pay well
WTB (non-BD): various squishies, lots of DA and FB

FOR SALE (BD): Lil' Vibe Sea Dragon and S/2 Ultimate Fantasy
FOR SALE (non-BD): DA Cucumber, DA Jackal, DA KrampusKitzler, FB Dromaeosaur, TnP mini Abyssal King, TnP mini Leviathan, and TnP mini Poseidon
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 am

Silver storm~. Close enough to silver sea. I'd buy this if I wasn't on a toy buying hiatus. But actually I think I'd prefer the second-hand MM orc posted lately. No chance for me, but I'm happy with what I have anyway~. Whoever gets either one is lucky tho~.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Smolder

Postby Smolder » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:01 am

Stumbled across Frisky Beast the other night and decided to take a look around. Was amazed to see their spinosaurus looks remarkably close to what I always imagined/sketched out a certain character of mine's junk to look like (like.. it's as remarkably close as a total coincidence could possibly be, i think), so now I kinda feel like I really need one, but I've heard that the wait times are a pretty strong gamble so i don't know :psyduck: getting one would certainly fulfill one heck of a fantasy though
Laz

Postby Laz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:38 am

Luxx wrote:
Laz wrote:I'm currently waiting on these two, from Blue Ritual and Twin Tail respectively. Especially excited for the Draco, I've been SO into BR lately.

inv-30-1600x1067.jpg

That Draco is one of the prettiest I've seen, the gilded marble look is really lovely and it must be difficult to get those little black wisps consistent. I hope both get to you soon!

Thank you! Blue Ritual makes gorgeous pours and models. They just posted an amazing hand sculpt preview to Patreon that I am VERY excited for.

This Damn Average drop has been amazing, I wish I was more into her models. I was tempted by a couple anyway though. I feel like I would get over it if I just bought one, but assymetry bothers me in-use and visually. :eyeroll:
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
WhiteWulfe

Postby WhiteWulfe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:41 am

Sabbath wrote:I was 'bad' and picked up this fizzle from TTC:

Small Dante in Soft; it might be a little big for me but hopefully the soft silicone will make it a bit easier to train! :liplick:
It was flopped for a 'stray bit removed from shaft', and I couldn't really see it? Still expecting to when it comes in. Looks like a fizzled 'rootbeer custom' attempt- and I was really wondering what that color would look like in person!

Yup, looks like one of the two flopped attempts for my root beer custom ^_^ I'd be showing off pics of mine, but it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere in my city... Just deliver it Canada Post! :p

That one has a rather tasty looking drip along it!
Beastial

Postby Beastial » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Damn, TTC is fast! Ordered April 1st, shipped April 10th. :O Can't wait to see my Cortez! :widesmile:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm

My FetishZone Sebastian and GBW canine shipped today!! I'm gonna have to take a picture of my canine army when they both arrive. My AKN Mako also arrived today and he's a very pretty boy.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:24 pm

HungryStray wrote:My FetishZone Sebastian and GBW canine shipped today!! I'm gonna have to take a picture of my canine army when they both arrive. My AKN Mako also arrived today and he's a very pretty boy.

I really want to try a FZ Admiral, but do their toys only come in one firmness? My body doesn't play well with anything firmer than soft for most toys :( Also I can't wait to see the canine wand! I've been curious about glass knotted toys.

Return to “General Discussion”