Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Hoofs_N_Horns

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:01 am

elfinqueen wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:
SP told me their default firmness is 20A; BD's extra-firm is 10A.

It must be 20A. I know somebody else said Split Peaches' larger toys are sometimes 10A but this feels in no way comparable to BD firm. Not sure if I have anything 10A to compare it with...

Yeah, I said that, and I'm sorry if it's incorrect. This is what Nina from Split Peaches told me in May: " Most toys are 20A and some of the much larger toys are 10A." So I asked specifically which larger toys she meant (like if the large Rivetors and Unicorn Horns were included), and she responded, "The 10A is typically for the Large and Extra Large toys." So I took that as a yes. Maybe instead it only means the one-size toys that have "Extra Large" in the name? Eh.

On the topic of very firm 20A silicone...I got a pile of flops from Fuze Silicone this week, and the purple ones are 20 (+/-2, apparently) and are pretty damn hard, like definitely firmer than my small Split Peaches toys in 20A. (If only I had someone to peg with all these, y'all.)

I'm really excited about a DA toy I have coming in this Tuesday. It's the new, larger semirealistic one with the name I can't remember because it's a random collection of letters and numbers. I caved and got it because it's so orange that it reminds me of a pumpkin, but with some red and white marbling. Now I just need eye-searing lime green.

Oh no worries :3 I'm not afraid of firm toys. I don't even have a way to verify the firmness of my Screw You, what they told you might be correct for all I know. It's a pretty toy and the shape fascinates me. Only a matter of time before I gather up my courage and try it out!
Penetrables comparison: here
roseypearl

Postby roseypearl » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
roseypearl wrote:Not sure where I should post this, but I thought here was a good place.
I'm hell bent on getting a toy in sinister pumpkin and opal, but I can't seem to find a toy I want opal on. Aaaand I want an alto from twin tails, but I'm unsure of what color I want. I went through twin tails Tumblr and found a mocha they made that they labeled as opal, and it had cool layering effects, but was a little too silvery for me. Would it be wrong to ask them to try an emulate BD's opal? I feel like they'd be hesitant to emulate another companies colors.I also feel kind of blegh thinking about it,but I'm totally lost on what I would want opal on from BD..I'm terrible at making decisions

Just ask them if they'll make the opal style you want :3 I doubt they'll refuse if it's within their capabilities. They really should do whatever satisfies the customer when it comes to color schemes.

Their response-
"For ethical and legal reasons, we cannot deliberately recreate a complex coloration crafted by another company.
We'll be happy to make our own attempt at an opalescent coloration, though!
We can do a silvery white 5-color marble, using pure metallic white, and 4 additional swirls with metallic colors added in (red, yellow, green and blue), as inspired by this photo: http://www.swissgemshop.ch/contents/med ... e-717a.jpg

If you have a better suggestion for a reference / inspiration photo, we'll gladly take a look!"

I didn't think they'd be able to do a BD style opal for the reasons they listed, but I still want an opal, or something similar. But I'm worried it'll come out too white...
Bleghhhh,why do I have to be such a scaredy cat who's bad at decisions :doh:
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:54 pm

roseypearl wrote:Their response-
"For ethical and legal reasons, we cannot deliberately recreate a complex coloration crafted by another company.
We can do a silvery white 5-color marble, using pure metallic white, and 4 additional swirls with metallic colors added in (red, yellow, green and blue), as inspired by this photo: http://www.swissgemshop.ch/contents/med ... e-717a.jpg

If you have a better suggestion for a reference / inspiration photo, we'll gladly take a look!"

I didn't think they'd be able to do a BD style opal for the reasons they listed, but I still want an opal, or something similar. But I'm worried it'll come out too white...

Not to start drama here but... wtf does that even mean? What defines a "complex" coloration? Anything beyond a single solid color? :mystery: I'd be curious what the legal reasons are.
Penetrables comparison: here
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:32 pm

elfinqueen wrote:("Ten" is the name of Fuze's softer line, made of 10-shore silicone.)

Ohhh, so that's what Fuze's Ten line is. I've been wondering why they split their dildos into two ostensibly randomly sorted collections.

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:I'd be curious what the legal reasons are.

I'd be flabbergasted if there are any.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Manatease

Postby Manatease » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:26 pm

TTC looooves to throw around to both makers and their customer base that they have a legal team. It’s probably something to do with BD if they see TTC making a direct knock off. I can’t really speculate though. Are colors copyrightable? Or just the name?
roseypearl

Postby roseypearl » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm just not sure how it would come out. Would it look more like this Cortez, or the Mocha? (The mocha was what was labeled as opal on their tumblr). I prefer the mocha, but I just want more...vibrancy. I feel bad talking about it so much :tinfoil: . I just don't want to spend money on something I won't be happy with (they're both bwautiful, but if I expected one and got the other I'd be a little meh about it).
Attached photos, but not sure how they'll look-still new at trying to attach photos.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-10-04-20-25-00-1.png
Screenshot_2017-10-04-20-21-10-1.png
Screenshot_2017-10-04-20-21-15-1.png
Azareus

Postby Azareus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 am

Well, I decided to ditch BD and TTC for the month and visit my first Etsy seller. Ordered a custom Maw from QimeraForge on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. It'll also be really nice to get a toy that isn't travelling overseas and incurring massive shipping/customs fees. :widesmile:
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Loving the Moonlight Monster highlight :widesmile:.
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Raya

Postby Raya » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
roseypearl wrote:Their response-

Not to start drama here but... wtf does that even mean? What defines a "complex" coloration? Anything beyond a single solid color? :mystery: I'd be curious what the legal reasons are.

It's something they custom designed. Companies like BD are VERY protective of things that they made, because BD's Opal is their OWN version of Opal that they invented they have the legal right to say no one else can use this exact same color. And it's complex because there is a VERY specific way how BD makes their opal (hence y they cant add or remove a color when u ask) and the way they do it is a secret.
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Hey, does anyone have any experience with Carnal Creations? While the erm, Pennywise toy holds zero interest to me, I spotted their Hotspot model and it's definitely piqued my interest!
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Azareus wrote:Well, I decided to ditch BD and TTC for the month and visit my first Etsy seller. Ordered a custom Maw from QimeraForge on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. It'll also be really nice to get a toy that isn't travelling overseas and incurring massive shipping/customs fees. :widesmile:

ooo! i love my qimera forge toys!

share pics when you get it :)
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
AustinFetish

Postby AustinFetish » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 pm

elfinqueen wrote:
Slaanesh wrote:
elfinqueen wrote:On the topic of very firm 20A silicone...I got a pile of flops from Fuze Silicone this week, and the purple ones are 20 (+/-2, apparently) and are pretty damn hard, like definitely firmer than my small Split Peaches toys in 20A. (If only I had someone to peg with all these, y'all.)

Woahhhh, what's the third toy along if you don't mind me asking please? The skin tone one with foreskin :smilenox:

It's a Fuze Ten Foreman. ("Ten" is the name of Fuze's softer line, made of 10-shore silicone.) It's my fav of the bunch; I just wish it was a bit bigger.

Thanks, I love learning about new companies that make silicone realistics or humanoid cocks.

I'd probably wish that one were bigger too, but the shape looks great. Have you looked at the New York Toy Collective models? Carter is 7.5" insertable x 2" diameter, and Leroy is 9.5" insertable x 2.5" diameter and has foreskin.
Stretch it .... month by month, year by year.
nevan

Postby nevan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:48 pm

It's been a while since I've posted here - I've added several new toys to the collection (under spoiler tags as the images are large):

Damn Average Knight (Marble March custom)
► Show Spoiler

Damn Average Above Average Alien (Marble March Custom)
► Show Spoiler

Blue Ritual Malus (in-stock)
► Show Spoiler

Xenova Synthesis Polyp and Xenova (in-stock)
► Show Spoiler

I've also got 3 more toys that I'm in the process of ordering:

Qimera Forge The Maw (Custom simple detailing + gitd)

Twin Tail Creations medium Cortez (custom wave based on this in-stock dante)

Twin Tail Creations medium Alto (custom Moonlight Monster)

Super excited for the Qimera and TTC stuff~
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:16 am

nevan wrote:It's been a while since I've posted here - I've added several new toys to the collection (under spoiler tags as the images are large)

I truly looove your Da Knight and XS Polyp :misc2: :excited: ! What was the inspiration for this stunning Knight? If'n you don't mind :smilenox: .
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Nixy Neon

Postby Nixy Neon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:12 am

I'm still waiting on my March Marble order from DA :unamused: I'm honestly kinda over it at this point. I am pretty tempted by TTC's Halloween colors though. If I have the money this month, I might pick up a small Cortez in Moonlight Monster and maybe the squishies too.
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:51 am

Raya wrote:
It's something they custom designed. Companies like BD are VERY protective of things that they made, because BD's Opal is their OWN version of Opal that they invented they have the legal right to say no one else can use this exact same color. And it's complex because there is a VERY specific way how BD makes their opal (hence y they cant add or remove a color when u ask) and the way they do it is a secret.

Has BD copyrighted or trademarked their opal colouration? If not, other companies are free to imitate it.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Villie

Postby Villie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am

Squirrelmunk wrote:
Raya wrote:

Has BD copyrighted or trademarked their opal colouration? If not, other companies are free to imitate it.

I think most companies would feel rude trying to directly imitate another company's complex coloration, regardless of legality.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:36 am

Nixy Neon wrote:I'm still waiting on my March Marble order from DA :unamused: I'm honestly kinda over it at this point. I am pretty tempted by TTC's Halloween colors though. If I have the money this month, I might pick up a small Cortez in Moonlight Monster and maybe the squishies too.

She's been posting consistent updates about Marbled March on her Etsy, to make sure everyone knows how long the waits are expected to be. I think some pretty harsh life stuff just came up, and it's pushed everything back a lot, but she's been very clear and open about the changes, and no order is being left out. There's not really anything to be 'over' when any wait times have been announced openly. :smilenox:
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

Not to double post about waiting times, but has Blue Ritual been around at all recently? I've been considering getting a custom, but their social media has been silent since August, and I don't really want to get attached to an idea if they've vanished. :misc6:
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Roverseer2 wrote:Not to double post about waiting times, but has Blue Ritual been around at all recently? I've been considering getting a custom, but their social media has been silent since August, and I don't really want to get attached to an idea if they've vanished. :misc6:

BlueRitual has been missing in action, which is unfortunate since I remembered hearing some people had outstanding orders.

Return to “General Discussion”